Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More on electric cars.

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
So what are the DIY costs and how would one go about installing your own
charging point on your property, I'd hate to have a charging lead poked
through my letter box out to the street where it'd be a trip hazard ?.
I'm just wondering how people will charge these from home and I'm
talking about the majority that park on the street or the closest they
can which for me would be across the road. Or are electric cars only for
people with garages ?.

Quite. It's a city car and vast numbers of UK cities - or at least the
inner bits - are old and have little off street parking. And to provide an
infrastructure to charge all cars which park in the street is going to
cost an absolute fortune.
It's just one of the many things that those who love electric cars
(without, of course, owning one) haven't thought about. Nor do they seem
to realise that if they do become common, any saving in running costs over
petrol or diesel will be removed by some form of taxation. They wouldn't
be bothering with them if petrol and diesel weren't taxed. ;-)

--
*Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.