Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I doubt it very much. You are an Association member (affiliated).
People who are fresh in the group then start abuse towards me after no
exchange with me are 100% of the time idiot Association members trying
it on again. Why do they do it? Mr Frith? Plowman? Matt, Rumm?
Tomlinson? Wade? Points about you, give you away too.

Think you're running out of readers...

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-01 23:05:19 +0100, John Rumm said:

Andy Hall wrote:

Mmm... I was thinking of some of the older financial data feeds - IIRC
in some of the commodity markets...

There was a time you could get access to Electronic Yellow Pages (later
became Yell) on X25 as well...

Then there was Prestel on V.23 modems.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I doubt it very much. You are an Association member (affiliated).
People who are fresh in the group then start abuse towards me after no
exchange with me are 100% of the time idiot Association members trying
it on again. Why do they do it? Mr Frith? Plowman? Matt, Rumm?
Tomlinson? Wade? Points about you, give you away too.

Think you're running out of readers...

It is clear you are my greatest reader.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
I doubt it very much. You are an Association member (affiliated).
People who are fresh in the group then start abuse towards me after no
exchange with me are 100% of the time idiot Association members trying
it on again. Why do they do it? Mr Frith? Plowman? Matt, Rumm?
Tomlinson? Wade? Points about you, give you away too.

Think you're running out of readers...

It is clear you are my greatest reader.

I wouldn't say that. Others too have to continually correct your
misinformation.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jon Jon is offline

declared for all the world to hear...
The irony is, when I posted this nice picture of dribble the snappy
dresser, he claimed that was racist as well:

http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/dr-yuppy.jpg

You are definitely a racist.

Perhaps you should help us ordinaries out a bit Dr D and define
"racist" for us? Your definition doesn't seem to match mine.
--
Regards
Jon
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jon Jon is offline

declared for all the world to hear...
The irony is, when I posted this nice picture of dribble the snappy
dresser, he claimed that was racist as well:

http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/dr-yuppy.jpg

What a clown Dr D is. This is the most entertaining thread I've seen for
a long while!
--
Regards
Jon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jon" wrote in message
t...
declared for all the world to hear...
The irony is, when I posted this nice picture of dribble the snappy
dresser, he claimed that was racist as well:

http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/dr-yuppy.jpg

You are definitely a racist.

Perhaps you should help us

A string of emails only been here a few days....Definitely a uk.d-i-y
Lunatic Association (affiliated) member.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jon" wrote in message
et...

What a clown Dr D is. This is the most entertaining thread I've seen for
a long while!

Definitely a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) member. All fits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jon" wrote in message
et...

Careful Dave, this guy's a nutter.

Definitely a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) member.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
I doubt it very much. You are an Association member (affiliated).
People who are fresh in the group then start abuse towards me after no
exchange with me are 100% of the time idiot Association members trying
it on again. Why do they do it? Mr Frith? Plowman? Matt, Rumm?
Tomlinson? Wade? Points about you, give you away too.

Think you're running out of readers...

It is clear you are my greatest reader.

I wouldn't say that.

I would. You go directly to my posts and respond each time. You love what I
write. You can't get enough to the point of obsession.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Definitely a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) member.

192

--
*Nostalgia isn't what is used to be.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Definitely a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) member.

193

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Definitely a uk.d-i-y
Lunatic Association (affiliated) member.

194

--
*Also too, never, ever use repetitive redundancies *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Definitely a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) member.

195

--
*Black holes are where God divided by zero *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Definitely a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) member.

196

--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Definitely a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) member.

197

--
*Save a tree, eat a beaver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jon wrote:

What a clown Dr D is. This is the most entertaining thread I've seen for
a long while!

You should see him without his flash suit and makeup:

http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/imm.jpg

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
declared for all the world to hear...
Then let them take action.
They may. They take it very seriously now.
I've never heard or read about any cases. Care to cite any recent ones
for my benefit?

The police do take action now, whereas 5 years ago they would send you to
the ISP and that was that. A part of the anti-social stance they are
taking. The Internet is now not immune. The likes of Plowman cannot continue
or he will be in trouble. A recent Radio 4 prog covered it.

Interesting. If I ring your door bell and walk away. You come to the
door and see me walk away. I say nothing and do not give abuse or
insult. If I do this every day for two months the police will take
action. No abuse, insult or harm, however they take action. The same
with a telephone call. I ring you every day for two months and each
time put the phone down saying nothing. The police take action.

As I am aware both of the above are criminal offenses and action has
been taken to stop such harassment. This must now extend to the
Internet as well. The activity on the Internet is tracable.The Internet
has now moved above the realm of nerds into mainstream life.

Look, this is a newsgroup that you voluntarily subscribe to. To solve
the problem of abuse, you either just bugger off or filter out the
people you don't like. Do you really think that's the same as someone
walking up to your front door or ringing you? I'm sure the police define
harassment as something that the recipient cannot easily avoid, which is
clearly not the case here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
[...]

I was actually speaking in a general way, not specifically about this
group.

Do you really think that's the same as someone
walking up to your front door or ringing you?

That is for a court to decide.

I'm sure the police define
harassment as something that the recipient cannot easily avoid, which is
clearly not the case here.

Someone can move house to avoid a doorbell ringer. The papers are full
of stamping down an anti-social behaviour and the Internet has been
mentioned too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
wrote:
There is no such thing as a false identity on the web, as it is
encouraged. I don't use my real name and have no intention of doing so.
There are some strange ones on these groups who could take matters
further. It is best not to give them a real handle.

Seems to me it's the strange ones who hide behind false identities and
issue meaningless threats.

However, if you or your alter ego succeed in getting the police involved,
your true identities will come out - make no mistake about that. So
perhaps you might think on...

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Look, this is a newsgroup that you voluntarily subscribe to. To solve
the problem of abuse, you either just bugger off or filter out the
people you don't like.

I was actually speaking in a general way, not specifically about this
group.

You've been pretty specific up until now

Do you really think that's the same as someone
walking up to your front door or ringing you?

That is for a court to decide.

Fortunately the courts wouldn't waste their time

I'm sure the police define
harassment as something that the recipient cannot easily avoid, which is
clearly not the case here.

Someone can move house to avoid a doorbell ringer.

That is hardly avoiding it easily

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't use my real name and have no intention of doing so.

But you could at least stick to one false name. Adam, IMM, Dribble, and
now this one
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
There is no such thing as a false identity on the web, as it is
encouraged. I don't use my real name and have no intention of doing so.
There are some strange ones on these groups who could take matters
further. It is best not to give them a real handle.

Seems to me it's the strange
ones who hide behind false identities

Your strangeness, and tosspotness, is in question here. You have been
identified as an obsessive. A ruiner of threads, and a pump on each tap
installer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message

Look, this is a newsgroup that you voluntarily subscribe to. To solve
the problem of abuse, you either just bugger off or filter out the
people you don't like.

I was actually speaking in a general way, not specifically about this
group.

You've been pretty specific up until now

Do you really think that's the same as someone
walking up to your front door or ringing you?

That is for a court to decide.

Fortunately the courts wouldn't waste their time

"5.3 Harassment

Internet harassment has become a concern for many people. This form of
harassment includes directing obscenities toward others, as well as making
derogatory comments based for example on gender, race, religion,
nationality, sexual orientation. This type of Internet crime can take place
often in chat rooms, through newsgroups, and even through the sending of
hate email to targeted mailing lists. Unsolicited email messages and
advertisements can also be considered to be forms of Internet harassment
where the content is offensive or of an explicit sexual nature. "

Do a Google. The BBC is full of it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

[...]

[Source - website of the University of Denver - http://www.du.edu ]
Say no more

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Internet harassment has become a concern for many people. This form of
harassment includes directing obscenities toward others, as well as
making derogatory comments based for example on gender, race, religion,
nationality, sexual orientation.

I think I'd be found not guilty on all of those. You transvestite pikey
born again english poof.

--
*I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-02 19:00:26 +0100, "Doctor Drivel" said:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Jon wrote:

What a clown Dr D is. This is the most entertaining thread I've seen
for a long while!

You should see him without his flash suit and makeup:

http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/imm.jpg

Totally witless. Clearly from Essex.

I thought you lived in Milton Keynes......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Internet harassment has become a concern for many people. This form of
harassment includes directing obscenities toward others, as well as
making derogatory comments based for example on gender, race, religion,
nationality, sexual orientation.

I think I'd be found not guilty on all of those.

snip overt insulting abuse