Bob Gir.

Default Pressure Washers, Electric, Karcher

This is probably going to lead to a lot of blunt responses from folks
who are happy with their Karcher electric pressure washers but here goes
anyway. I write in in the spirit of sharing this info with others just
as others have shared theirs with me, mutually helping one another out.

I have been researching electric pressure washers for a few weeks
now.

Overwhelmingly, folks have recommended Karcher as the best brand, but
there were a few posts from folks who were very unhappy with the Karcher
machines they bought. I did more searching online and found a _lot_ of
folks unhappy with Karcher.

Going to the Karcher site, I found the single best, most reputable
hardware store in my community listed as the local Karcher service
center and sales point.

I figured that if I was going to buy a Karcher, I'd buy it from them
because I could return it to them if I had a problem with it either
while is was still under warranty or later.

The fellow who manages that section of the hardware store told me
that they have repeatedly asked Karcher to remove them from their web
site because they no longer service or sell them. Asked why, he said
that the quality of these machines is not what it was once was. Time
was they made a solid, quality machine. They are now turning out junk
and he said the store got sick and tired of seeing the Karchers they
sold come back in for repairs the day they sold them. They therefore
dropped them from their sales line.

So, I suspect if you are one of the Karcher happy customers, chances
are that you bought your unit years ago.

The store manager was even nice enough to tell me that if I was
determined to get an electric one, he would recommend the Husky brand
from Home Depot.

I checked out their URL and found a Husky 1750 PSI Electric Pressure
Washer Model 165019. Quote from their site says:

"No assembly required. Comes with heavy duty brass quick connect,
convenient storage caddy, corrosion resistant metal axle, new vario
lance that adjusts pressure on demand. Features NEW 360 deg. otating
handle, NEW detachable hose, NEW "Anti-Pinch Trigger" and turbo spray
wand attachment for the toughest cleaning jobs.

Internet/Catalog # 165019
Store SKU# 360722

Price:*$179.00/ea"

And, if you have a problem, you can take it back and not be stuck
with shipping back a forty- or fifty-pound unit for repairs or refund.

Any other suggestions for quality electric pressure washers?

Bob
SQLit

"Bob Gir." wrote in message
[...]

I bought one from Harbor Freight for a hundred bucks 3 years ago. I have
been happy with it though there are times that I wish it pushed more water.
Quality? The price was right and it works for me. I do not use it every day.

Chuck Yerkes

Another thought is to check out rental places nearby, see what they have
and if they have one you want, TRY IT for a day.

The rental cost will be a wash [pun intended], but decent assurance that
you have something you want. Or mo that you don't get something taht
annoys you.

Bob Gir. wrote:

[...]

m Ransley

Who knows what you buy today, Outsourcing to china, mexico etc etc .
You never know where or by who anything is made anymore. It seems
everyday a cheaper product comes online. In many areas there has been
no increase in prices for 15 yrs . Many products have dropped in price .
But inflation hasnt. Cost cutting is our new way of life. Disposable
crap.
Husky , get real , its no better, probably worse.

Chuck Yerkes

m Ransley wrote:
Who knows what you buy today, Outsourcing to china, mexico etc etc .
You never know where or by who anything is made anymore. It seems
everyday a cheaper product comes online. In many areas there has been
no increase in prices for 15 yrs . Many products have dropped in price .
But inflation hasnt. Cost cutting is our new way of life. Disposable
crap.
Husky , get real , its no better, probably worse.

why did you even bother to expend the energy to make this reply?

Allow me to reword it:
Kids, these days! No respect. Back in my day we smelted ore and made
our own tools. Dang feringers everywhere. Saudi's own the president,
chinese own business. Never was like this when we had Polk!
Steve Stone

The electric Karcher I purchased last year says it was made in France.
Bob Gir.

In article ,
Steve Stone wrote:

The electric Karcher I purchased last year says it was made in France.

Oh, man! Is _THIS_ going to elicit a few strong responses or not???

Let me start the ball rolling: "Never buy anything made in France
with more than two moving parts."

:-

bob

Pressure Washers? don h Home Repair 16 June 9th 04 06:52 PM
Karcher K235 pencil jet? Kooky45 UK diy 0 February 27th 04 06:23 PM
pressure washers Habbi Metalworking 3 August 5th 03 03:51 PM