Bob Gir.

Default Pressure Washers, Electric, Karcher

This is probably going to lead to a lot of blunt responses from folks
who are happy with their Karcher electric pressure washers but here goes
anyway. I write in in the spirit of sharing this info with others just
as others have shared theirs with me, mutually helping one another out.

I have been researching electric pressure washers for a few weeks
now.

Overwhelmingly, folks have recommended Karcher as the best brand, but
there were a few posts from folks who were very unhappy with the Karcher
machines they bought. I did more searching online and found a _lot_ of
folks unhappy with Karcher.

Going to the Karcher site, I found the single best, most reputable
hardware store in my community listed as the local Karcher service
center and sales point.

I figured that if I was going to buy a Karcher, I'd buy it from them
because I could return it to them if I had a problem with it either
while is was still under warranty or later.

The fellow who manages that section of the hardware store told me
that they have repeatedly asked Karcher to remove them from their web
site because they no longer service or sell them. Asked why, he said
that the quality of these machines is not what it was once was. Time
was they made a solid, quality machine. They are now turning out junk
and he said the store got sick and tired of seeing the Karchers they
sold come back in for repairs the day they sold them. They therefore
dropped them from their sales line.

So, I suspect if you are one of the Karcher happy customers, chances
are that you bought your unit years ago.

The store manager was even nice enough to tell me that if I was
determined to get an electric one, he would recommend the Husky brand
from Home Depot.

I checked out their URL and found a Husky 1750 PSI Electric Pressure
Washer Model 165019. Quote from their site says:

"No assembly required. Comes with heavy duty brass quick connect,
convenient storage caddy, corrosion resistant metal axle, new vario
lance that adjusts pressure on demand. Features NEW 360 deg. otating
handle, NEW detachable hose, NEW "Anti-Pinch Trigger" and turbo spray
wand attachment for the toughest cleaning jobs.

Internet/Catalog # 165019
Store SKU# 360722

Price:*$179.00/ea"

And, if you have a problem, you can take it back and not be stuck
with shipping back a forty- or fifty-pound unit for repairs or refund.

Any other suggestions for quality electric pressure washers?

Bob