Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Took some photos in the shop today....

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well let me get the blasted thing designed on something more
substantial that a cocktail napkin!

NAPKIN? You said that you designed it on a cocktail WAITRESS!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
:

I live in Florida. We use solar heating, year round.

Yeah... yesterday was especially 'efficient' in that respect.

For probably only the third time I can remember in 14 years, we had no
breeze until about 3pm. It was hot!

For those who think Florida heat is bad, remember that we're almost
totally surrounded by water, so we almost always have a good breeze
blowing.

I've lived and worked in SC, NC, TN, GA, and VA, and they're all further
north than Florida, and all hotter by a LONG shot in the Summer.

My first year on the Y2K project in Columbia, SC, it hit over 102F four
or five times during the summer. I cannot remember the last 100-degree
day here. Heck, it was hotter in Anchorage, AK yesterday than in most of
the Southeast.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:03:00 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:20:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?Larry Jaques wrote:
??
?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ?Larry Jaques wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? ?pyotr filipivich wrote:
?? ?? ??
?? ?? ?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?? ?? ?
?? ?? ?? ? It'll be a great time to sell hand crank microwave ovens. ;-)
?? ?? ??
?? ?? ?? I'm working on the designs for a steam powered crank for
?? ?? ?? one of those.
?? ?? ?
?? ?? ?
?? ?? ? Why? Aren't you already cranky enough? ;-)
?? ??
?? ?? Oh, I thought he was talking about a new sex toy. Nevermind...
?? ?
?? ? Why? Were you going to pester him for a copy of the plans?
??
?? Great minds think alike. ?slippery wink?
?
?
? Watch out for burns from the live steam.

Go for a low-voltage electric girlfriend instead, wot?
_Much_ safer.

You speak from experience? ;-)

Well, as much experience as 3V can get anyone...

--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:26:59 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Yeahbutt, setting them itty bitty charges, and sequencing them
just right, so as to split them big atoms, just plain too much fussy
work. Just smack them smaller ones together, eventually they'll
stick.

Where are you going to find a small enough hammer? ;-)

Have neither of you heard of Scary Sharpening(tm)? Once you get a
blade that sharp, it has to be moved slowly or it will immediately
begin splitting atoms. Pete, figure it out, with or without a
cocktail waitress or napkin. And, as Keanu did, send it to all the
physics guys around the world for the public good when you're done.

--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to
our efforts.
-- Peter McWilliams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:43:26 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? on Wed, 19 Jun 2013
09:16:51 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
?
?pyotr filipivich wrote:
??
?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ?pyotr filipivich wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? I'm working on the designs for a steam powered crank for one of
?? ?? those.
?? ?
?? ? Why? Aren't you already cranky enough? ;-)
??
?? Who wants to know?
?
?
? Anyone close enough to get hurt. ;-)
?
?
?? (I've got an idea for a set of solenoids to push the keys on my manual
?? typewriter. The tricky point is the computer interface - I want to be
?? able to use that as a printer option with the word processing program.
?? But "clackity clackity - ding! clackity clack...")
?
?
? Late '70s BYTE magazine had the kit to do that.

Wahahahahahaha!

The Selectric was easier to convert, with just seven solenoids.

I installed one of the conversion kits into a brand new Selectric.
Pretty fussy to keep working and very slow. Don't remember the
company- but the controller came in a blue-painted steel box about the
size of a shoebox.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?
? The Selectric was easier to convert, with just seven solenoids.

I installed one of the conversion kits into a brand new Selectric.
Pretty fussy to keep working and very slow. Don't remember the
company- but the controller came in a blue-painted steel box about the
size of a shoebox.

Just like a daisy wheel printer. Decent quality, but very slow.
There were some surplus Burroughs converted Selectrics available
surplus, and I heard they were just as troublesome.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 20 Jun 2013
07:26:59 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Yeahbutt, setting them itty bitty charges, and sequencing them
just right, so as to split them big atoms, just plain too much fussy
work. Just smack them smaller ones together, eventually they'll
stick.

Where are you going to find a small enough hammer? ;-)

Well, definitely not at one of the Mega Tool stores, that's for
sure.
Sides, use a pool cue - the tips can be turned down enough.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 20 Jun 2013
07:28:29 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well let me get the blasted thing designed on something more
substantial that a cocktail napkin!

NAPKIN? You said that you designed it on a cocktail WAITRESS!!!

Well, the napkin was on the waitress, and the ink bleed through,
so Of course I had to take her home. Otherwise, how was I going to
make an clear and accurate copy? Can't very well put a cocktail
waitress in the file cabinet, nicht wahr?

(And wouldn't that make an interesting episode of "And that's how
I met your mother."?)
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Yeahbutt, setting them itty bitty charges, and sequencing them
just right, so as to split them big atoms, just plain too much fussy
work. Just smack them smaller ones together, eventually they'll
stick.

Where are you going to find a small enough hammer? ;-)

Well, definitely not at one of the Mega Tool stores, that's for
sure.
Sides, use a pool cue - the tips can be turned down enough.

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well let me get the blasted thing designed on something more
substantial that a cocktail napkin!

NAPKIN? You said that you designed it on a cocktail WAITRESS!!!

Well, the napkin was on the waitress, and the ink bleed through,
so of course I had to take her home. Otherwise, how was I going to
make an clear and accurate copy?

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

Can't very well put a cocktail waitress in the file cabinet,
nicht wahr?

(And wouldn't that make an interesting episode of "And that's how
I met your mother."?)

Or 'CSI', 'Cold Case' 'Cheers' and any number of other shows. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I live in Florida. We use solar heating, year round.

Ya can't fool me, I lived south of Miami for several years.

Those COLD winters with daytime high of 50F and nighttime lows in the 35
to 40F range: BbbRrrrrrah.

Two seasons, dry and rainy.
Rainy: rains for 20 hours.
Dry: rains for an hour, several time per day.

You can have it.

technomaNge
--
Now living in God's County, Alabama

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

technomaNge wrote:

I live in Florida. We use solar heating, year round.

Ya can't fool me, I lived south of Miami for several years.

Those COLD winters with daytime high of 50F and nighttime lows in the 35
to 40F range: BbbRrrrrrah.

Two seasons, dry and rainy.
Rainy: rains for 20 hours.
Dry: rains for an hour, several time per day.

You can have it.

That's what you get for living on the coast! ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Yeahbutt, setting them itty bitty charges, and sequencing them
just right, so as to split them big atoms, just plain too much fussy
work. Just smack them smaller ones together, eventually they'll
stick.

Where are you going to find a small enough hammer? ;-)

Well, definitely not at one of the Mega Tool stores, that's for
sure.
Sides, use a pool cue - the tips can be turned down enough.

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

You've gotta be kidding me. Look who won the _last_ one... Even Too
Many Twinkies has a chance nowadays. deep sigh

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 20 Jun 2013
19:29:06 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Yeahbutt, setting them itty bitty charges, and sequencing them
just right, so as to split them big atoms, just plain too much fussy
work. Just smack them smaller ones together, eventually they'll
stick.

Where are you going to find a small enough hammer? ;-)

Well, definitely not at one of the Mega Tool stores, that's for
sure.
Sides, use a pool cue - the tips can be turned down enough.

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Thu, 20 Jun 2013
21:48:37 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Yeahbutt, setting them itty bitty charges, and sequencing them
just right, so as to split them big atoms, just plain too much fussy
work. Just smack them smaller ones together, eventually they'll
stick.

Where are you going to find a small enough hammer? ;-)

Well, definitely not at one of the Mega Tool stores, that's for
sure.
Sides, use a pool cue - the tips can be turned down enough.

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

You've gotta be kidding me. Look who won the _last_ one... Even Too
Many Twinkies has a chance nowadays. deep sigh

Things happen twice - the first time as Tragedy, the second as
Farce.
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 20 Jun 2013
19:32:00 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well let me get the blasted thing designed on something more
substantial that a cocktail napkin!

NAPKIN? You said that you designed it on a cocktail WAITRESS!!!

Well, the napkin was on the waitress, and the ink bleed through,
so of course I had to take her home. Otherwise, how was I going to
make an clear and accurate copy?

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

They have those at cocktail bars?

Hmm, there's an interesting if geeky pickup line "Would you be
willing to come to my place for a quick sensor scan?"

Can't very well put a cocktail waitress in the file cabinet,
nicht wahr?

(And wouldn't that make an interesting episode of "And that's how
I met your mother."?)

Or 'CSI', 'Cold Case' 'Cheers' and any number of other shows. ;-)

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

They have those at cocktail bars?

Sure, in the office.

Hmm, there's an interesting if geeky pickup line "Would you be
willing to come to my place for a quick sensor scan?"

A 'nerd' would have a portable scanner and not have to waste time
with cornball lines. ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 21 Jun 2013
16:56:56 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

They have those at cocktail bars?

Sure, in the office.

Hmm, there's an interesting if geeky pickup line "Would you be
willing to come to my place for a quick sensor scan?"

A 'nerd' would have a portable scanner and not have to waste time
with cornball lines. ;-)

We've used the scanner already - for our own protection. The
"Come on up and see my etchings - er ... digital scans?" lines are
just the excuse.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

They have those at cocktail bars?

Sure, in the office.

Hmm, there's an interesting if geeky pickup line "Would you be
willing to come to my place for a quick sensor scan?"

A 'nerd' would have a portable scanner and not have to waste time
with cornball lines. ;-)

We've used the scanner already - for our own protection. The
"Come on up and see my etchings - er ... digital scans?" lines are
just the excuse.

You're doing something wrong, if you need an excuse.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 21 Jun 2013
20:41:59 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

They have those at cocktail bars?

Sure, in the office.

Hmm, there's an interesting if geeky pickup line "Would you be
willing to come to my place for a quick sensor scan?"

A 'nerd' would have a portable scanner and not have to waste time
with cornball lines. ;-)

We've used the scanner already - for our own protection. The
"Come on up and see my etchings - er ... digital scans?" lines are
just the excuse.

You're doing something wrong, if you need an excuse.

An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

By that time, all the pretty girls are gone.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 08:28:35 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

By that time, all the pretty girls are gone.

But NOT the one he was hitting on. For that ploy to work, he has to
have met her before and decided that using the raunchy line was
worthwhile.

Besides, who wants the airheaded, siliconed, arrogant "pretty" ones?
(Exceedingly few are humble and intelligent as well as being pretty.)

I prefer 'em earthy and sexy, without too many warts, y'know? Plain
Janes show more appreciation to us Plain Johns. Another plus is that
you don't have to fight off the herds of horny men trying to steal her
from you all night when you're in public.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well let me get the blasted thing designed on something more
substantial that a cocktail napkin!

NAPKIN? You said that you designed it on a cocktail WAITRESS!!!

Well, the napkin was on the waitress, and the ink bleed through,
so Of course I had to take her home. Otherwise, how was I going to
make an clear and accurate copy? Can't very well put a cocktail
waitress in the file cabinet, nicht wahr?

(And wouldn't that make an interesting episode of "And that's how
I met your mother."?)
--
pyotr filipivich

ROFLMAO!! Indeed!

Oddly enough..thats somewhat similar to how I met my (then 18)
wife...a waitress...

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:56:56 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

They have those at cocktail bars?

Sure, in the office.

Hmm, there's an interesting if geeky pickup line "Would you be
willing to come to my place for a quick sensor scan?"

A 'nerd' would have a portable scanner and not have to waste time
with cornball lines. ;-)

Nearly all of us have a tactile sensor or two....

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

By that time, all the pretty girls are gone.

But NOT the one he was hitting on. For that ploy to work, he has to
have met her before and decided that using the raunchy line was
worthwhile.

Besides, who wants the airheaded, siliconed, arrogant "pretty" ones?
(Exceedingly few are humble and intelligent as well as being pretty.)

I prefer 'em earthy and sexy, without too many warts, y'know? Plain
Janes show more appreciation to us Plain Johns. Another plus is that
you don't have to fight off the herds of horny men trying to steal her
from you all night when you're in public.

And that...is absolutely correct.

When I was younger and traveling around the planet...I never hit the
Georgious ones. But the sexy (to my standards) earthy ones...or the
intelligent plain ones. And for several reasons...only one being
really self serving

1. Generally smarter and more fun to talk to
2. Less competition from the other guys
3. As good or in most cases...FAR better in bed then the "foxes"
4. More likely to be an equal partner..not a money sink

5. And the self serving one....far more likely to be wonderfuly ready
to play in bed due to apparently less interest from the other guys.
Most of them I found to be absolute sex machines simply because they
were getting far far less interest than the foxy ones...had more to
prove to themselves and to their lady friends...that they were hot!
Wanted sex more because it was less likely for them to get it.
And with them being smart..one could talk to them about this and they
would understand and agree

The only negative...was countering their tendency to fall in love with
the guy who treated them nicely, turned their eyeballs into the back
of their skull during sex and was a nice guy. Which could be worked
around if you were smart and honest.

I had some wonderful nights, mornings, afternoons and
nooners...Sigh...to be young and handsome again.....whimper....
(VBG

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of
repeating some stupid, meaningless phrase a billion times" Arms for
hostages, arms for hostages, arms for hostages, it's just about sex, just
about sex, just about sex, dumb,dumb, money in politics,money in
politics, Enron, Enron, Enron. Nothing repeated with mind-numbing
frequency in all major news outlets will not be believed by some members
of the populace. It is the permanence of evil; you can't stop it." (Ann
Coulter)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 22 Jun 2013
08:28:35 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

By that time, all the pretty girls are gone.

So?

But that is what she said when she showed up at my door. Who am I
to argue when she next says "It's hot, I'm hot, Let me in, I want to
get out of these clothes and cool down." Being the Gentleman that I
am, I'm always willing to help a lady of out of a hot dress and into a
cool drink.

"Might as well, I'm already undressed for the part."
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 22 Jun 2013 10:50:47 -0700
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Run her through the Xerox machine, of course!

They have those at cocktail bars?

Sure, in the office.

Hmm, there's an interesting if geeky pickup line "Would you be
willing to come to my place for a quick sensor scan?"

A 'nerd' would have a portable scanner and not have to waste time
with cornball lines. ;-)

Nearly all of us have a tactile sensor or two....

"And how would you have felt about me if I had banned wool?"
"With my hands." (s/fx: rimshot)

--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 22 Jun 2013 10:47:34 -0700

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Well let me get the blasted thing designed on something more
substantial that a cocktail napkin!

NAPKIN? You said that you designed it on a cocktail WAITRESS!!!

Well, the napkin was on the waitress, and the ink bleed through,
so Of course I had to take her home. Otherwise, how was I going to
make an clear and accurate copy? Can't very well put a cocktail
waitress in the file cabinet, nicht wahr?

(And wouldn't that make an interesting episode of "And that's how
I met your mother."?)

ROFLMAO!! Indeed!

Oddly enough..thats somewhat similar to how I met my (then 18)
wife...a waitress...

Who has the song "I want a woman just as tacky as me"? Brings his
date for the prom home and his folks observe/object
"Son, she's a cocktail waitress
in a Dolly Parton Wig.
I know - ain't she cool?"

pyotr

All seriousness aside, that was one of my Dad's warnings: do you want
a wife who frequents bars(etc/et alai)?
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Sat, 22 Jun 2013
08:16:08 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

By that time, all the pretty girls are gone.

But NOT the one he was hitting on. For that ploy to work, he has to
have met her before and decided that using the raunchy line was
worthwhile.

Besides, who wants the airheaded, siliconed, arrogant "pretty" ones?
(Exceedingly few are humble and intelligent as well as being pretty.)

I prefer 'em earthy and sexy, without too many warts, y'know? Plain
Janes show more appreciation to us Plain Johns. Another plus is that
you don't have to fight off the herds of horny men trying to steal her
from you all night when you're in public.

The man with a pretty wife, or a castle on the border, must be
prepared to do battle at any time.
--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 21 Jun 2013
10:09:50 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)

I've done it in CAD, where adjusting the one end of a object
causes the sides to cross. Maybe if I could do that in Real Life - I
could start making Klein bottles.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

[...]

A few women, and even fewer castles are worth doing battle over.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

An excuse is just a rationalization. We was gonna anyway, but
this makes it "plausible". "I was just in the neighborhood. Of
course I had to take two trains, a bus and a cab, just to be _in_ the
neighborhood."

By that time, all the pretty girls are gone.

But NOT the one he was hitting on. For that ploy to work, he has to
have met her before and decided that using the raunchy line was
worthwhile.

Besides, who wants the airheaded, siliconed, arrogant "pretty" ones?
(Exceedingly few are humble and intelligent as well as being pretty.)

I wasn't talking about animated 'Barbie dolls'.

I prefer 'em earthy and sexy, without too many warts, y'know? Plain
Janes show more appreciation to us Plain Johns. Another plus is that
you don't have to fight off the herds of horny men trying to steal her
from you all night when you're in public.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Who has the song "I want a woman just as tacky as me"?
Brings his date for the prom home and his folks observe/object
"Son, she's a cocktail waitress
in a Dolly Parton Wig.
I know - ain't she cool?"

Lyrics to Trashy Women
by Jerry Jeff Walker ../

Well I was raised in a sophisticated kind of style
But my taste in music and women drove my folks half wild
Mom and Dad had a plan for me, it was debutantes and symphonies
But I like my music hot and my women wild
You see I like my women just a tad on the trashy side

When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed
Too much lipstick and too much rouge
Gets me excited, leaves me feeling confused
I like my women just a tad on the trashy side

Well you should have seen the look on the face of my Dad and Mom
When I showed up at the door with my date for the senior prom
They said, "Pardon us son, she ain't no kid,
That's a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig"
I said, "I know, ain't she great, Dad?
That's the kind I dig."
See I like my women just a tad on the trashy side
Find more similar lyrics on http://mp3lyrics.com/8CQ
When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed
Too much lipstick and too much rouge
Gets me excited, leaves me feeling confused
I like my women just a tad on the trashy side.

Yea, I like 'em sweet.
I like 'em with a heart of gold
But I like 'em brassy.
I like 'em brazen and bold.
They say opposites attract, well I don't agree
I need a woman that's as tacky as me
I like my women just a tad on the trashy side

When they wear their clothes too tight and their hair is dyed
Too much lipstick and too much rouge
Gets me excited, leaves me feeling confused
I like my women just a tad on the trashy side

Yeah, I like my women just a tad on the trashy side.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)

I've done it in CAD, where adjusting the one end of a object
causes the sides to cross. Maybe if I could do that in Real Life - I
could start making Klein bottles.

"The next step beyond a Klein bottle, is a time machine."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)

I've done it in CAD, where adjusting the one end of a object
causes the sides to cross. Maybe if I could do that in Real Life - I
could start making Klein bottles.

"The next step beyond a Klein bottle, is a time machine."

I'd be perfectly happy with a simple tesseract briefcase. I'd put 500
of my favorite tools in it and carry it with me everywhere with ease.

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)

I've done it in CAD, where adjusting the one end of a object
causes the sides to cross. Maybe if I could do that in Real Life - I
could start making Klein bottles.

"The next step beyond a Klein bottle, is a time machine."

I'd be perfectly happy with a simple tesseract briefcase. I'd put 500
of my favorite tools in it and carry it with me everywhere with ease.

If you could even pick it up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)

I've done it in CAD, where adjusting the one end of a object
causes the sides to cross. Maybe if I could do that in Real Life - I
could start making Klein bottles.

"The next step beyond a Klein bottle, is a time machine."

I'd be perfectly happy with a simple tesseract briefcase. I'd put 500
of my favorite tools in it and carry it with me everywhere with ease.

If you could even pick it up.

That's precisely why I want the tesseract. It does away with size and
weight constraints altogether. The briefcase is the only weight you
feel. Why do you think I _want_ one, eh?

--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her
tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the
existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of
the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

That would be a lot of turning down. Like T_M_T's chance of winning
the Nobel Prize in any category.

Use waldos to make smaller machines, to make the parts to make the
smaller machines (and waldos) and eventually - nano-tech!

Unless something goes wrong, and you end up with ninny-tech. ;-)

I've done it in CAD, where adjusting the one end of a object
causes the sides to cross. Maybe if I could do that in Real Life - I
could start making Klein bottles.

"The next step beyond a Klein bottle, is a time machine."

I'd be perfectly happy with a simple tesseract briefcase. I'd put 500
of my favorite tools in it and carry it with me everywhere with ease.

If you could even pick it up.

That's precisely why I want the tesseract. It does away with size and
weight constraints altogether. The briefcase is the only weight you
feel. Why do you think I _want_ one, eh?

It'll need more than cheap plastic in its construction.