Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Took some photos in the shop today....

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?
? The Selectric was easier to convert, with just seven solenoids.

I installed one of the conversion kits into a brand new Selectric.
Pretty fussy to keep working and very slow. Don't remember the
company- but the controller came in a blue-painted steel box about the
size of a shoebox.

Just like a daisy wheel printer. Decent quality, but very slow.
There were some surplus Burroughs converted Selectrics available
surplus, and I heard they were just as troublesome.