Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Liberals Abandon Their Beloved Obama

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:02:28 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

What are you using to gauge his progress? If you are going by the
legislation he is passing or by the improvements he is showing on fixing
the problems he faced when he took over, then he's doing great. If you
go by polling he looks not so good. So what is it you are grading him
on? What he's accomplished or on what polls say about his popularity
among the public.

Me, I couldn't care less what the ignorant public thinks. They know
nothing, and they're just ****ed because businesses are still not
hiring.

You're in complete accord with B.O.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Me, I couldn't care less what the ignorant public thinks.

You're in complete accord with B.O.

Double-standard foreman strikes again! What's public opinion about
taking the caps off oil companies' liability, and who's standing
against that?
http://washingtonindependent.com/856...-liability-cap
What's public opinion about limiting corporations' ability to corrupt
the political process, and who's standing against that?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38434903...-capitol_hill/

You have a mind boggling ability to advocate based on irrational false
perceptions. Sensible and serious advice - use the time you waste here
to read the damned news instead for gawds sake.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Feeling frisky today, eh? What you'll see now will be like watching the
bottom of a rotting swamp rise to the surface on a bubble of methane gas.

Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:37:19 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Feeling frisky today, eh? What you'll see now will be like watching the
bottom of a rotting swamp rise to the surface on a bubble of methane gas.

No doubt, but I predict that what we won't see are any of these phony
conservatives offering genuine debate. It's hard to imagine that
things could get worse, yet here we are - at a time when the public is
overwhelmingly in favor of being able to know who's corrupting the
process, the party of NO! keeps right on truckin'. And what do we see
from our resident palin voter? That it's B.O. who ignores public
opinion!

Maybe the dems need to take it down to "deep-thinker" level...

Get a handle on healthcare costs? NO!
Remove liability caps for polluters? NO!
Disclose who's buying the process? NO!
The GOP is the party of no? NO!
Hah, gotcha. :-)

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 28, 12:33*pm, Ignoramus6705
wrote:
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

I am reasonably impressed. His biggest problem is controlling
Congress. He did not give them enough direction when they were
writing some of the bills. The finance reform bill for example does
not touch Sallie Mae or Freddy Mac. I do not think he will be
regarded as a great president, but will not be regarded as a bad
president. Of course thing may change before he is out of office.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Feeling frisky today, eh? What you'll see now will be like watching the
bottom of a rotting swamp rise to the surface on a bubble of methane gas.

LOL
Greenhouse gas production at its most prolific.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Feeling frisky today, eh? What you'll see now will be like watching the
bottom of a rotting swamp rise to the surface on a bubble of methane gas.

LOL
Greenhouse gas production at its most prolific.

The heck of it is, I won't see it. I have most of the reprobates plonked.
Even Hammy and his sock puppets.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:33:24 -0500, Ignoramus6705
wrote:

I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

Stick with machinery Iggy. You have a good grasp on nuts and bolts.

Your grasp on politics however...is close to zero.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

The opinion of someone who fled the USSR as a child is noted with
amusement.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

What are you using to gauge his progress? If you are going by the
legislation he is passing or by the improvements he is showing on fixing
the problems he faced when he took over, then he's doing great. If you
go by polling he looks not so good. So what is it you are grading him
on? What he's accomplished or on what polls say about his popularity
among the public.

Me, I couldn't care less what the ignorant public thinks. They know
nothing, and they're just ****ed because businesses are still not
hiring.

You're in complete accord with B.O.

So what does that mean? When the public opinion agrees with your point
of view on an issue the public is brilliant and can be counted on for
its insightful choices. But when the public disagrees with your view
it's because they are a bunch of ignorant fools. At least I'm
consistent. I have little confidence in the public's wisdom. My
experience tells me they don't have any. They voted George W. Bush for
president, twice. I don't think any more proof of their stupidity than
that is required.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2010 12:40 PM, wrote:
On Jul 28, 12:33 pm,
wrote:
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

I am reasonably impressed. His biggest problem is controlling
Congress. He did not give them enough direction when they were
writing some of the bills. The finance reform bill for example does
not touch Sallie Mae or Freddy Mac. I do not think he will be
regarded as a great president, but will not be regarded as a bad
president. Of course thing may change before he is out of office.

Dan

You should have watched Meet the Press on Sunday. Treasury secretary Tim
Geithner was interviewed and he said that Freddie and Fanny were going
to be dealt with in the future. He said they didn't know exactly what
they were going to do about what had happened but that they were going
to make major changes. He even talked about getting rid of them. The
point is the administration has not forgotten about them and is going to
work on solving the problems with those agencies, and that's why they
didn't put them in the financial regulations bill. They are separate
from the commercial banks and the consumer protection aspects of the
bill. So don't worry. They have plans for Fanny and freddie too. Obama
is very rational. He's taking on one problem after the other in a very
calm and orderly way. His main problem is that everything he tries to do
is stonewalled by the GOP. I understand there are at least 60 bills that
have passed the house and have been sitting in the senate for months
waiting for them to act. But because of republican obstruction none of
them can pass even though majorities in both houses want them to.
Minority rule, it's the new American way.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

Stick with machinery Iggy. You have a good grasp on nuts and bolts.

Your grasp on politics however...is close to zero.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

The opinion of someone who fled the USSR as a child is noted with
amusement.

It's greatly amusing when one hears someone as ignorant and partisan
about politics as Gummer telling someone else they don't know anything.
From what I can tell Iggy seems to be a very rational and logical
person, and without a lot of bias. He has seen how Obama is dealing with
problems of gigantic proportions and is doing quite well at it. To think
that John McCain or Sara Palin would not be up to dealing with the
problems Obama has on his plate seems pretty obvious to most people. So
I would say I would put my money on what Iggy thinks about politics
ahead of Gummer any day of the week. And even if one is a native
American and the other is not it's easy to see which one has brains and
which one does not.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote the following:

I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

Please list his wonderful accomplishments so far, Ig.

Also, if you have noticed anything that he has mishandled or done
poorly, please list it, too.

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Feeling frisky today, eh? What you'll see now will be like watching the
bottom of a rotting swamp rise to the surface on a bubble of methane gas.

LOL Glad someone in this tangle of tightasses still has a sense of
humor!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

LOL, your nym precedes you!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Feeling frisky today, eh? What you'll see now will be like watching the
bottom of a rotting swamp rise to the surface on a bubble of methane gas.

Ed made me do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W57aBMYKvU
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Feeling frisky today, eh? What you'll see now will be like watching the
bottom of a rotting swamp rise to the surface on a bubble of methane gas.

Ed made me do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W57aBMYKvU

ROFLMAO!!!

Check the ratings...16,000 loved it...1400 didnt..

ROFLMAO!!

I snagged one of the comments from the posters for a new sig file

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray; a
godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't like
guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all. A gay
conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all to watch
and accept his perversion and have it taught to children. A conservative
who is offended by a radio show changes the station; an offended liberal
wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It doesn't mean a damned thing. My intent was a playful tweak. I
thought you'd take it as such, and perhaps you do. Life is far too
short to be taken seriously.

Obama was the least bad choice in the last election. Bush was such an
embarrasment that Jack the Ripper could have won that election if
running as a democrat. Meanwhile, patriot veteran McCain was
obviously a GOP party hack and I'm amazed that nice-legs Palin has
ever had any support from anywhere. I did learn in corporate America
to never underestimate the power of T&A.

That said: Obama has ****ed off a lot of the citizenry, including some
former supporters of hope and change. Post election, he clearly places
his agendae over what the public thinks, based on current ratings.

Is he right or wrong? TBD. Election is a popularity contest,
leadership sometimes requires becoming unpopular.

We elected him, so he's El Jefe until 2012.

To your point, Hawke: Hope is never a strategy, but the
mostly-ignorant, gullible and greedy electorate have spake.

We may actually be in violent agreement.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote the following:

I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

Please list his wonderful accomplishments so far, Ig.

Let me try

1) The economy has been growing for the last three quarters (*)
2) Inflation is low to nonexistent
3) More people can have medical coverage
4) Reduction of force in Iraq is proceeding

All of the above is a fact, not an opinion.

(*) http://www.bea.gov/national/index.htm#gdp

Also, if you have noticed anything that he has mishandled or done
poorly, please list it, too.

*) Does not seem to have a sense of direction in Afghanistan.
*) Has to do more to reduce deficit

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus6705" wrote in message
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

McCain was, in comparison, a very low quality person. Sarah Palin
would be a big embarrassment for us, as well.

Feeling frisky today, eh? What you'll see now will be like watching the
bottom of a rotting swamp rise to the surface on a bubble of methane gas.

No doubt, but I predict that what we won't see are any of these phony
conservatives offering genuine debate.

Genuine debate on anything political is a joke, anyway.

It's hard to imagine that
things could get worse, yet here we are - at a time when the public is
overwhelmingly in favor of being able to know who's corrupting the
process, the party of NO! keeps right on truckin'. And what do we see
from our resident palin voter? That it's B.O. who ignores public
opinion!

You have to admit, though, that our phony conservatives have honed the art
of snotty derision to a fine edge. They've spent years developing it,
they're good at it, and they're going to keep it. It saves them from the
messy business of checking facts or thinking. Gunner probably has it all
down to macros, from which he can create a post like the phony,
"personalized" boilerplate we get in a lot of direct mail these days. Hammy
re-uses the same phrases over and over, probably multiple times on the same
day.

Hey, everyone needs a hobby. And some need scapegoats to blame for their own
failings. It beats having to face themselves in the mirror.

Maybe the dems need to take it down to "deep-thinker" level...

Get a handle on healthcare costs? NO!
Remove liability caps for polluters? NO!
Disclose who's buying the process? NO!
The GOP is the party of no? NO!
Hah, gotcha. :-)

Wayne

You could write questionnaires for Rasmussin. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So what does that mean? When the public opinion agrees with your point
of view on an issue the public is brilliant and can be counted on for
its insightful choices. But when the public disagrees with your view
it's because they are a bunch of ignorant fools. At least I'm
consistent. I have little confidence in the public's wisdom. My
experience tells me they don't have any. They voted George W. Bush for
president, twice. I don't think any more proof of their stupidity than
that is required.

Hawke

It doesn't mean a damned thing. My intent was a playful tweak. I
thought you'd take it as such, and perhaps you do. Life is far too
short to be taken seriously.

I didn't take it all that seriously.

Obama was the least bad choice in the last election. Bush was such an
embarrasment that Jack the Ripper could have won that election if
running as a democrat. Meanwhile, patriot veteran McCain was
obviously a GOP party hack and I'm amazed that nice-legs Palin has
ever had any support from anywhere. I did learn in corporate America
to never underestimate the power of T&A.

I also agree that the last election was not really much of a choice.
After such bungling by Bush, only a few nutty types would vote to put
republicans in charge of anything. The question is when a president does
an average job will the election always be a close one? And as far as
T&A goes I give it a high rating. It's one of those things where you can
say at least it's not going to hurt.

That said: Obama has ****ed off a lot of the citizenry, including some
former supporters of hope and change. Post election, he clearly places
his agendae over what the public thinks, based on current ratings.

I think that is what you call leadership. Anyone can ask the public what
to do and then follow their instructions. A leader tells people what his
plan is, asks to be elected, and if he is elected then proceeds to put
his plan into effect. From my perspective that is what Obama is doing.
He's leading. But that doesn't mean he'll be popular. After all, the
public is unrealistic. They want an end to our problems immediately and
it hasn't happened so they blame Obama. Rome wasn't built in a day. But
the public wants things to be good again and don't have any patience.
What a surprise, huh?

Is he right or wrong? TBD. Election is a popularity contest,
leadership sometimes requires becoming unpopular.

Exactly. You judge the man on his time in office not on each individual
problem he faces. After four years we can decide if Obama did things
right or not. It takes a couple of years to get things changed from the
last administration and then the next two years you see how the changes
worked.

We elected him, so he's El Jefe until 2012.

To your point, Hawke: Hope is never a strategy, but the
mostly-ignorant, gullible and greedy electorate have spake.

Anybody that has hope as their strategy shouldn't be in the planning
business. But everyone, no matter what their position, always has hope
that what they are trying to do will succeed. Obama is no different. The
thing is that only some of us hope Obama will be successful. A lot of
Americans want him to fail so they can get power for their side. People
like that I have no respect for.

We may actually be in violent agreement.

That's a possibility. Time will tell.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote the following:

I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

Please list his wonderful accomplishments so far, Ig.

Let me try

1) The economy has been growing for the last three quarters (*)
2) Inflation is low to nonexistent

And BHO has been responsible for these, how?

3) More people can have medical coverage
4) Reduction of force in Iraq is proceeding

All of the above is a fact, not an opinion.

No, no. I meant for you to show me things that The Chosen One has
actually had something to do with, actual accomplishments.

#3 is absolute bull**** and you know it. The phrase "more people can
have" is futurespeak, not fact. And the several thousand (unread)
page Obamacare Bill is nothing more than a tax on the American public
-without- actual healthcare coverage.

#4 would have been fact with any sitting president, I believe.

(*) http://www.bea.gov/national/index.htm#gdp

Also, if you have noticed anything that he has mishandled or done
poorly, please list it, too.

*) Does not seem to have a sense of direction in Afghanistan.
*) Has to do more to reduce deficit

I'll agree with you there. Canning his efforts to be the first Prez in
history to single-handedly **** multiple trillions out of the economy
has to be tops, though.

Yes, he was handed a mess to begin with, but he appears to be seeking
to treble damages before he's done, and that likely won't be
repairable. Your children may be speaking Farsi (or, far more likely,
Mandarin) by the time they would have been ready for college if the
American people don't wake up.

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.
-- Kin Hubbard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 28, 8:36*pm, Don Foreman wrote:

Ed made me do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W57aBMYKvU

"Made" you do it? You have no Free Will?

It sounds like you want to establish a State religion that believes
women don't have the right
to ownership of their own bodies, and your idea of "Free Iraq" seems
to be to exterminate
everybody who doesn't kiss up to your puppet dictators.

We need to get America into rehab for its addiction to warmaking.

Thanks,
Richard the dreaded Libertarian

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich On Google wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:36 pm, Don Foreman wrote:

Ed made me do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W57aBMYKvU

"Made" you do it? You have no Free Will?

It sounds like you want to establish a State religion that believes
women don't have the right
to ownership of their own bodies, and your idea of "Free Iraq" seems
to be to exterminate
everybody who doesn't kiss up to your puppet dictators.

We need to get America into rehab for its addiction to warmaking.

You need to grow a pair, and quit hiding from reality.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.