Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Liberals Abandon Their Beloved Obama

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:44:57 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

On 7/27/2010 10:36 PM, Don Foreman wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:02:28 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

What are you using to gauge his progress? If you are going by the
legislation he is passing or by the improvements he is showing on fixing
the problems he faced when he took over, then he's doing great. If you
go by polling he looks not so good. So what is it you are grading him
on? What he's accomplished or on what polls say about his popularity
among the public.

Me, I couldn't care less what the ignorant public thinks. They know
nothing, and they're just ****ed because businesses are still not
hiring.

You're in complete accord with B.O.

So what does that mean? When the public opinion agrees with your point
of view on an issue the public is brilliant and can be counted on for
its insightful choices. But when the public disagrees with your view
it's because they are a bunch of ignorant fools. At least I'm
consistent. I have little confidence in the public's wisdom. My
experience tells me they don't have any. They voted George W. Bush for
president, twice. I don't think any more proof of their stupidity than
that is required.

Hawke

It doesn't mean a damned thing. My intent was a playful tweak. I
thought you'd take it as such, and perhaps you do. Life is far too
short to be taken seriously.

Obama was the least bad choice in the last election. Bush was such an
embarrasment that Jack the Ripper could have won that election if
running as a democrat. Meanwhile, patriot veteran McCain was
obviously a GOP party hack and I'm amazed that nice-legs Palin has
ever had any support from anywhere. I did learn in corporate America
to never underestimate the power of T&A.

That said: Obama has ****ed off a lot of the citizenry, including some
former supporters of hope and change. Post election, he clearly places
his agendae over what the public thinks, based on current ratings.

Is he right or wrong? TBD. Election is a popularity contest,
leadership sometimes requires becoming unpopular.

We elected him, so he's El Jefe until 2012.

To your point, Hawke: Hope is never a strategy, but the
mostly-ignorant, gullible and greedy electorate have spake.

We may actually be in violent agreement.