Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus6705 Ignoramus6705 is offline

Default Liberals Abandon Their Beloved Obama

On 2010-07-28, wrote:
On Jul 28, 12:33?pm, Ignoramus6705
wrote:
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

I am reasonably impressed. His biggest problem is controlling
Congress. He did not give them enough direction when they were
writing some of the bills. The finance reform bill for example does
not touch Sallie Mae or Freddy Mac. I do not think he will be
regarded as a great president, but will not be regarded as a bad
president. Of course thing may change before he is out of office.

We'll see what happens in the remaining two years. If the economy
picks up substantially (unemployment drops to 7% and GDP grows by 3%
per year), he has chances to be re-elected.

I think that the difference between "mainstream liberals" and
"mainstream conservatives" in the US is relatively minor, compared to
the spectrum of social models existing all over the world. So, what
kind of person is the president in general, matters a lot, not less
than whether they are liberal or conservative.