Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Liberals Abandon Their Beloved Obama

On 7/28/2010 12:40 PM, wrote:
On Jul 28, 12:33 pm,
wrote:
I am personally very impressed with Obama, and am very glad, so far,
that I voted for him. And I do not even consider myself to be a
liberal. He is a great president who is handling a very challenging
situation in a very good way.

I am reasonably impressed. His biggest problem is controlling
Congress. He did not give them enough direction when they were
writing some of the bills. The finance reform bill for example does
not touch Sallie Mae or Freddy Mac. I do not think he will be
regarded as a great president, but will not be regarded as a bad
president. Of course thing may change before he is out of office.

Dan

You should have watched Meet the Press on Sunday. Treasury secretary Tim
Geithner was interviewed and he said that Freddie and Fanny were going
to be dealt with in the future. He said they didn't know exactly what
they were going to do about what had happened but that they were going
to make major changes. He even talked about getting rid of them. The
point is the administration has not forgotten about them and is going to
work on solving the problems with those agencies, and that's why they
didn't put them in the financial regulations bill. They are separate
from the commercial banks and the consumer protection aspects of the
bill. So don't worry. They have plans for Fanny and freddie too. Obama
is very rational. He's taking on one problem after the other in a very
calm and orderly way. His main problem is that everything he tries to do
is stonewalled by the GOP. I understand there are at least 60 bills that
have passed the house and have been sitting in the senate for months
waiting for them to act. But because of republican obstruction none of
them can pass even though majorities in both houses want them to.
Minority rule, it's the new American way.

Hawke