Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama win triggers run on guns - "Most of the people there were cussing Obama"

In McPherson, Kansas, gun dealer Steve Sechler said demand at a gun show
last weekend jumped by more than 50 percent as buyers rushed to stock up on
guns including Kalashnikov and AR-15 rifles.

"Most of the people there were cussing Obama and saying we need home
defense," Sechler said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081108/pl_nm/us_usa_guns_1

Obama win triggers run on guns in many stores

By Tim Gaynor Tim Gaynor -

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Sales of rifles, pistols and ammo are surging in parts
of the United States, as many gun owners fear President-elect Barack Obama's
administration may seek to tighten ownership of certain weapons.

"The day after the election, I had many more calls than usual from people
looking for semi-automatic rifles," said David Greenberg, the owner of the
Second Amendment Family Gun Shop, in Bisbee, Arizona, who sold out of AR-15
rifles in recent days.

"There seems to be a fear they will be banned, and it's fairly likely," he
added. "Obama and Biden are driven to eliminate firearms from the face of
the country."

Gun stores and trade groups have reported a spike in firearms sales in the
run-up to the November 4 election victory of Democrat Obama and Vice
President-elect Joe Biden, who many perceive as strongly pro-gun control.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, a trade association for the
shooting, hunting and firearms industry, reported a 10 percent jump in gun
sales this year based on its analysis of an excise tax placed on firearms
and ammunition, and a spokesman said the increase had grown dramatically
ahead of the election.

"Gun owners are afraid of what Obama is going to do as far as guns," said
spokesman Tony Aeschliman. "He has a clear record of being against us."

Obama stated his support for the right to bear arms during campaigning,
although both he and Biden back a permanent ban on assault weapons --
military style semi-automatic rifles -- and "common sense measures" to keep
guns away from children and criminals, positions which spurred concern among
some gun enthusiasts.

"It's always been the liberal or Democratic agenda to restrict gun
ownership," said Jim Pruett, the owner of a gun store in a Houston-area
strip mall, whose sales more than tripled on the Saturday before the
election to $35,000.

In McPherson, Kansas, gun dealer Steve Sechler said demand at a gun show
last weekend jumped by more than 50 percent as buyers rushed to stock up on
guns including Kalashnikov and AR-15 rifles.

"Most of the people there were cussing Obama and saying we need home
defense," Sechler said.

BUSINESS BOOMING

Obama loyalists say gun owners need not fear curbs when he takes office in
January. The Democratic governor of Ohio, Ted Strickland, told a rally last
month he had spoken directly to Obama about the right to bear arms.

"If you are a sportsman, if you are a gun owner, if you are someone that
honors and respects the Second Amendment, you have nothing to fear from
Barack Obama," he told a crowd in Chillicothe.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote in message
I hear the same increase in gun sales is happening here in Central
Oregon.

Paul

Anecdotal information would indicate same here is central Florida, maybe
this is part of the Obama plan to stimulate the economy.

CarlBoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl Boyd wrote:

" wrote in message
I hear the same increase in gun sales is happening here in Central
Oregon.

Paul

Anecdotal information would indicate same here is central Florida,
maybe this is part of the Obama plan to stimulate the economy.

CarlBoyd

Anecdotal my ass . It was elbow to elbow at Guns & Ammo here in Memphis
yesterday . Fortunately I didn't have to wait long in line . Shoulda got two
cases , but I consider myself lucky the wife OKed one - from HER account !
Hmmm , need to check .45 ACP supplies ... might need more slugs . Or molds
and gaschecks .
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
.. .
Carl Boyd wrote:

" wrote in message
I hear the same increase in gun sales is happening here in Central
Oregon.

Paul

Anecdotal information would indicate same here is central Florida,
maybe this is part of the Obama plan to stimulate the economy.

CarlBoyd

Anecdotal my ass . It was elbow to elbow at Guns & Ammo here in Memphis
yesterday . Fortunately I didn't have to wait long in line . Shoulda got
two cases , but I consider myself lucky the wife OKed one - from HER
account !
Hmmm , need to check .45 ACP supplies ... might need more slugs . Or molds
and gaschecks .

Maybe Obama's transition team posted those gun-control policies to stimulate
the economy. The guy is pretty smart. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl Boyd wrote:

" wrote in message
I hear the same increase in gun sales is happening here in Central
Oregon.

Paul

Anecdotal information would indicate same here is central Florida,
maybe this is part of the Obama plan to stimulate the economy.

CarlBoyd

Anecdotal my ass . It was elbow to elbow at Guns & Ammo here in Memphis
yesterday . Fortunately I didn't have to wait long in line . Shoulda got
two cases , but I consider myself lucky the wife OKed one - from HER
account !
Hmmm , need to check .45 ACP supplies ... might need more slugs . Or molds
and gaschecks .

Maybe Obama's transition team posted those gun-control policies to stimulate
the economy. The guy is pretty smart. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Anecdotal my ass . It was elbow to elbow at Guns & Ammo here in Memphis
yesterday . Fortunately I didn't have to wait long in line . Shoulda got
two cases , but I consider myself lucky the wife OKed one - from HER
account !
Hmmm , need to check .45 ACP supplies ... might need more slugs . Or molds
and gaschecks .

Maybe Obama's transition team posted those gun-control policies to stimulate
the economy. The guy is pretty smart. d8-)

I'd like to think it was a pragmatic case of I don't want to go there vs, we are not
supposed to alert those cling to their God and guns. I think with Biden as VP gun control
is not of the table. Being a product of northern Illinois politics isn't giving me a lot
of comfort either.

Hopefully he is smart enough not to touch that rail, it won't get him anywhere. It is a
litmus test that will be responded to vigoriously. I don't think he wants to pick fights
he can lose ground on. He may want to, but I'm thinking he is savvy enough to know it
isn't worth it.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote in message
[...]

What we need is exactly what our forefathers put in the Constitution. The
"right" to bear arms so that when a tyrannical government wants to take
over, confiscate our belongings, shut down free speech, and move towards
socialism that we have the means to fight them.

Arm yourselves, people. It's coming.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
m...

Carl Boyd wrote:

" wrote in message
[...]

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that ammo up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

The jury is still out. But I'm pretty sure that they realized quickly that
picking that fight is the last thing they need right now.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

" wrote in message
[...]

Buy lots of guns and ammo, Steve. The economy needs the stimulus.

I saw some really nice shotguns in _The Gun_ a month or so ago. They're
perfect for shooting migratory liberals. Around $8,000 and up. Go ahead, you
deserve it. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

Filled the wife's mini-SUV tonight , paid 1.85 for unleaded regular
(Memphis) . I'll still ride my 43 mpg 'cycle , no matter how cheap it gets .
--
Snag
Paid over twice that not so long ago ...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"
I hear the same increase in gun sales is happening here in Central
Oregon.

Paul

Let me get this straight. You're saying that business is already booming
because of Obama. I expected that he would be able to get the economy
straightened out after he's had some time but now you're saying that he's
already helping out the economy. Wow! it hasn't even been a week since he
was elected and he's already helping the economy get back on it's feet.
That's even better than we hoped for. He hasn't even taken office yet and
he's started to fix the economic mess the republicans left for us. Boy, I'm
sure glad he won.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What we need is exactly what our forefathers put in the Constitution. The
"right" to bear arms so that when a tyrannical government wants to take
over, confiscate our belongings, shut down free speech, and move towards
socialism that we have the means to fight them.

Arm yourselves, people. It's coming.

True, "It" might be coming, but I suspect it'll be so slow, you won't be
able to pick out a target. A ding here, a chip there, and after awhile,
it's here.

Guns aren't the answer, vote, attend community meetings, get others to
vote, in short, pay attention what you and your city are going.

Most feel if the water turns on, and the toilet flushes, that's all the
community sprit I need.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:19:49 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

cavelamb said:
Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that ammo up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

I paid $2.229 this morning on the Left Coast. grumble, grumble

$38 to fill up is a helluva lot nicer than the $78-104 I've paid in
the past. I hope the prices stay down and even get lower.

--
Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly
great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:23:25 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
What we need is exactly what our forefathers put in the Constitution. The
"right" to bear arms so that when a tyrannical government wants to take
over, confiscate our belongings, shut down free speech, and move towards
socialism that we have the means to fight them.

Arm yourselves, people. It's coming.

Buy lots of guns and ammo, Steve. The economy needs the stimulus.

I saw some really nice shotguns in _The Gun_ a month or so ago. They're
perfect for shooting migratory liberals. Around $8,000 and up. Go ahead, you
deserve it. d8-)

"Only" $8k, eh? But think of the price for the politically-correct,
lead-free, child-safe ammo that goes with those guns. It'd cost you an
arm and a leg just to use 'em for one season on migratory liberals.

What's a guy to do?

--
Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly
great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which
can only be acquired by occasional retirement.
-- Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb said:
Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that ammo
up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

I paid $2.229 this morning on the Left Coast. grumble, grumble

$38 to fill up is a helluva lot nicer than the $78-104 I've paid in
the past. I hope the prices stay down and even get lower.

Right. It will be Canyoneros from sea to shining sea. g

I'd love to believe that we've wised up, and that the low prices will be a
blessing rather than another excuse to go on a petroleum bender. I figure
it's about as good a chance as I have to win the lottery...and I've never in
my life bought a lottery ticket.

Drink up and enjoy it while you can, because the hangover next time will be
a hellbender.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:23:25 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
What we need is exactly what our forefathers put in the Constitution.
The
"right" to bear arms so that when a tyrannical government wants to take
over, confiscate our belongings, shut down free speech, and move towards
socialism that we have the means to fight them.

Arm yourselves, people. It's coming.

Buy lots of guns and ammo, Steve. The economy needs the stimulus.

I saw some really nice shotguns in _The Gun_ a month or so ago. They're
perfect for shooting migratory liberals. Around $8,000 and up. Go ahead,
you
deserve it. d8-)

"Only" $8k, eh?

Field grade. Then there is trap grade, pigeon grade...

But think of the price for the politically-correct,
lead-free, child-safe ammo that goes with those guns. It'd cost you an
arm and a leg just to use 'em for one season on migratory liberals.

I don't know about child-safe, but I think they shoot the same lead and
steel stuff that the rest of us shoot.

What's a guy to do?

Buy one. You'll never regret it. Neither will the rest of us...regret that
you bought it. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Go ahead and make fun of the guy, Ed. I know I'm laughing at him. And did
you notice that he wasn't half as scared of the situation we're in now as
what we might be in under Obama. I wouldn't want him doing threat
assessments for me. If he worked for the TSA he'd be strip searching 80 year
old grannies and letting bearded Middle Easterners get on the plane with a
friendly wave.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl Boyd wrote:

" wrote in message
[...]

Get her a small 38 Special. Much more punch in the same cubic.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Maybe Obama's transition team posted those gun-control policies to stimulate
the economy. The guy is pretty smart. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Get her a small 38 Special. Much more punch in the same cubic.

Gunner

She doesn't really need and more "punch", Gunner.

What she wants is something she can control.

And commonality of ammo speaks for itself.

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
"
I hear the same increase in gun sales is happening here in Central
Oregon.

Paul

Let me get this straight. You're saying that business is already
booming because of Obama. I expected that he would be able to get the
economy straightened out after he's had some time but now you're
saying that he's already helping out the economy. Wow! it hasn't even
been a week since he was elected and he's already helping the economy
get back on it's feet. That's even better than we hoped for. He
hasn't even taken office yet and he's started to fix the economic
mess the republicans left for us. Boy, I'm sure glad he won.

Hawke

You really *are* an idiot .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 23:34:56 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

cavelamb said:
Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that ammo
up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

I paid $2.229 this morning on the Left Coast. grumble, grumble

$38 to fill up is a helluva lot nicer than the $78-104 I've paid in
the past. I hope the prices stay down and even get lower.

Right. It will be Canyoneros from sea to shining sea. g

OK, OK, I'll googlit... http://ballhype.com/video/simpsons_canyonero/
Bwahahahaha!

I'd love to believe that we've wised up, and that the low prices will be a
blessing rather than another excuse to go on a petroleum bender. I figure
it's about as good a chance as I have to win the lottery...

Yes, I hope so, too.

and I've never in my life bought a lottery ticket.

I think I've bought a dozen over the years.

Drink up and enjoy it while you can, because the hangover next time will be
a hellbender.

No doubt.

Still no _Ricochet_ nor any word from you after 4 more nudges, both
here and via email. This is getting interestinger and interestinger.

--
Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly
great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which
can only be acquired by occasional retirement.
-- Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 21:19:49 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
om...

Carl Boyd wrote:

" wrote in message
[...]

I think I heard that Monica lives in Seattle now, Ed. :-)

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb said:
Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that ammo up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

I paid $2.229 this morning on the Left Coast. grumble, grumble

$38 to fill up is a helluva lot nicer than the $78-104 I've paid in
the past. I hope the prices stay down and even get lower.

Where did you pay $2.22? It just went down to $2.49 last night at the
station I use in Apple Valley, Ca.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news:FvWdnZnRGYKjHYrUnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d@earthlink. com...

Carl Boyd wrote:

" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not looking for a "Star Spangled Banner" kind of hummer. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 05:18:58 -0600, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Maybe Obama's transition team posted those gun-control policies to stimulate
the economy. The guy is pretty smart. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Get her a small 38 Special. Much more punch in the same cubic.

Gunner

She doesn't really need and more "punch", Gunner.

What she wants is something she can control.

She cant control a small .38? Most women can do so, without a
thought. And a 125gr Hydroshock means she doesnt have to unload the
pistol and hopes the perp stops doing whatever he is doing that
requires her to shoot him.

And commonality of ammo speaks for itself.

Then get yourself a .38 as well.

..380s are at the Maybe end of self defense cartridges. Maybe they will
stop the perp...Maybe they wont.

Might want to review the Hatcher, Feckler etc etc studies on terminal
ballistics. If you love your wife.

Gunner

Richard

(remove the X to email)

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb said:
Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that ammo up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

I paid $2.229 this morning on the Left Coast. grumble, grumble

$38 to fill up is a helluva lot nicer than the $78-104 I've paid in
the past. I hope the prices stay down and even get lower.

Where did you pay $2.22? It just went down to $2.49 last night at the
station I use in Apple Valley, Ca.

Jim

$2.17 in Bakersfield at the Mobile station on White lane

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

snip

Might want to review the Hatcher, Feckler etc etc studies on terminal
ballistics. If you love your wife.

Gunner

I don't think he's referring to shooting her and making a clean kill.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

snip

Might want to review the Hatcher, Feckler etc etc studies on terminal
ballistics. If you love your wife.

Gunner

I don't think he's referring to shooting her and making a clean kill.

--
Ed Huntress

OOOOOhhh Nooooo! Mister Bill!

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:
" I hear the same increase in gun sales is happening here in
Central Oregon.

Paul

Let me get this straight. You're saying that business is already
booming because of Obama.

No, he said that people are buying guns and ammo because of Obama.
I expected that he would be able to get the economy straightened
out after he's had some time but now you're saying that he's
already helping out the economy. Wow!

Only in a narrow sector of the economy, and not one he'd like to boost.

it hasn't even been a week since he was elected and he's already
helping the economy get back on it's feet. That's even better than
we hoped for. He hasn't even taken office yet and he's started to
fix the economic mess the republicans left for us. Boy, I'm sure
glad he won.

Hawke

Hard to tell if you're serious or obtuse as usual.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Get her a small 38 Special. Much more punch in the same cubic.

Gunner

Nope, my Colt Agent has three times the weight and size of my P3AT.
The KelTec is so small I can't feel it's weight in my pocket, the
Agent I'm always aware of.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Terry Coombs wrote:
Hawke wrote:
"
I hear the same increase in gun sales is happening here in Central
Oregon.

Paul

Let me get this straight. You're saying that business is already
booming because of Obama. I expected that he would be able to get the
economy straightened out after he's had some time but now you're
saying that he's already helping out the economy. Wow! it hasn't even
been a week since he was elected and he's already helping the economy
get back on it's feet. That's even better than we hoped for. He
hasn't even taken office yet and he's started to fix the economic
mess the republicans left for us. Boy, I'm sure glad he won.

Hawke

You really *are* an idiot .

But he's a CONSISTENT idiot!

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb said:
Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that ammo
up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

I paid $2.229 this morning on the Left Coast. grumble, grumble

$38 to fill up is a helluva lot nicer than the $78-104 I've paid in
the past. I hope the prices stay down and even get lower.

Right. It will be Canyoneros from sea to shining sea. g

OK, OK, I'll googlit... http://ballhype.com/video/simpsons_canyonero/
Bwahahahaha!

Leave it to Ed to want an oversized clown car.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Chandler wrote:

Where did you pay $2.22? It just went down to $2.49 last night at the
station I use in Apple Valley, Ca.

I saw $2.019 when I went through Ocala, today. Some stations in the
Orlando area are supposed to be $1.999, or lower.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:49:54 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

cavelamb said:
Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that ammo up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

I paid $2.229 this morning on the Left Coast. grumble, grumble

$38 to fill up is a helluva lot nicer than the $78-104 I've paid in
the past. I hope the prices stay down and even get lower.

Where did you pay $2.22? It just went down to $2.49 last night at the
station I use in Apple Valley, Ca.

Grants Pass, Oregon, Jim.

$2.17 in Bakersfield at the Mobile station on White lane

Damn, even PRKalifornia has cheaper gas than us. sigh

--
Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly
great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which
can only be acquired by occasional retirement.
-- Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb said:
Intentional or not, it sure seems to be working!

I need to pick up another small .380 for my lady's purse.

Keep going. The economy needs your consumption. Shoot a lot of that

ammo up,
too. d8-)

BTW, gas is $1.97 here today. 'Think I'll go shop for a Hummer...

I paid $2.229 this morning on the Left Coast. grumble, grumble

$38 to fill up is a helluva lot nicer than the $78-104 I've paid in
the past. I hope the prices stay down and even get lower.

Where did you pay $2.22? It just went down to $2.49 last night at the
station I use in Apple Valley, Ca.

Grants Pass, Oregon, Jim.

$2.17 in Bakersfield at the Mobile station on White lane

Damn, even PRKalifornia has cheaper gas than us. sigh

Maybe you need to start hounding your representatives to drill in ANWAR. As
you can see it's vital that we drill, baby, drill. Right!

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

cavelamb said:
[...]

$1.869 in central NJ today.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 01:02:08 -0500, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Hawke" wrote in message

cavelamb said:
[...]

Oh, FOAD, Parakeet.

$1.869 in central NJ today.

Is that the Joisey mafia price or the price to the general public?
Under $2/gal? Unheard of in '08!

_Ricochet_ status? (6th request)

--
If we all did the things we are capable of doing,
we would literally astound ourselves.