Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Punched a hole in my gas tank last night

Gunner wrote in
:

snip

Just remember...they hunt...in pairs.....

Gunner

Funny, I just watched a fast forwarded version of that movie a day or two
ago. Anyone doubt that if it could be done that people wouldn't pay BIG
bucks to hunt something that lethal.

Bill

P.S. Just in case you're wondering what a 'fast forwarded version' is, it's
where my TIVO records something it thinks I will like that I already have
and I just speed through it to all of the 'good scenes' I remember.
Usually I can watch the average blockbuster in 15 minutes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 14 Jan 2008 04:45:33 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "DoN.
Nichols" quickly quoth:

On 2008-01-14, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
That little pistol - just about right for the Black Forest boar they have
on the central coast! They have been running free from much for years and
were imported for game hunts by a large news paper owner...

Pistol? That was a *rifle* wildcat, 10,000 ft-lbs muzzle energy.
The kick was said to be really punishing*. _Cartridges of the World_
(quite a few years ago -- 30+ I think) said "There is absolutely no need
for a cartridge of this power for hunting anything on this planet." :-)

Time to go offworld for larger game, huh?

* Firing two or three shots rapid fire was said to be equivalent
to going a similar number of rounds with a world heavyweight
champ. :-)

There's definitely a large "Ouch!" factor there.

I forget what cartridge it was based on, but I don't have one
anyway. They *did* suggest that to go one better, you would need to
base it on the .50 machine gun round. :-)

..50 BMG pistol? That'd be a 100% kill rate. 50% of the target and 50%
of the shooter, as his pistol came back and split his head.

On a lesser but still fun note, how about the nice little Taurus
..45/410 pistola? It sure sounds like a handful.
http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-Judge.htm

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos shoed that Gunner
wrote on Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:07:19
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 05:48:45 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..

Id just paid $3.19 per and filled that 20 gallon tank. I managed to
salvage about 3 gallons.

If I were at home up north, I could have saved a lot of it..but down
here in LA..Ive got no containers of any sort.

It really sucked watching that expensive sheen on the water flowing
away down the gutter....

Down the gutter? Oh no, that gutter leads to a storm drain that drains to
the LaBrea tar pits and sensitive wetland area...

Oh yes, I probably caused at least 3 species to go extinct.

If it drained into the tar pits, two of those species were already
extinct.
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote in
:

snip
Not as much trouble as using Moms douche bag hose to siphon gas for
the minibike, then putting it back in place with a quick rinse....

Cringe...

Gunner, blanking out a very bad memory....

Crimeny, I winced reading that and I don't even have those parts...

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:51:43 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

I hit a bit of road debris coming home from a job site last night,
made a hell of a noise, and after I got home and parked, found it had
punched a hole about 1/4" in diamter in the front tank (freshly
filled) right next to a strap. Stuck a screw in..too small, stuck a
lag bolt in..too small, hammered in a wooden plug. Reduced it to a
drip.

Not a lot of fun running the garden hose to flush the gas out from
under the truck, and laying in the mess trying to get the leak
stopped, in 40F weather...

I dont want to pull this tank. Gonna be a MOFO to do.

What products are out there that will allow me to simply patch over
the top of the 1/4" stubb of wood plug sticking out? Or do I need to
pull the plug (after running the tank dry?)

Gunner

gunner if you bought a packet or two of wrigleys chewing gum (it's
sold all over australia, dont know about america)
enjoyed chewing the gum into a big well masticated lump. you can plug
the hole quite effectively with that.
the fuel will harden it to rock in short time.

I'm told it works as a bush repair quite well.

Stealth ( I'd pick the spearmint ) Pilot

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 05:36:49 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
pyotr filipivich quickly quoth:

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos shoed that Gunner
wrote on Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:07:19
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Oh yes, I probably caused at least 3 species to go extinct.

If it drained into the tar pits, two of those species were already
extinct.

Yeah, two or three...

--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed
over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender
whether they served zombies he said, ‘Sure, what'll you have?'"
from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries

That sounds a lot like the style of Spider Robinson or Christopher
Moore. Moore's _Coyote Blue_ is great if you have any interest in
Native American things...with a twist. And his _The Lust Lizard of
Melancholy Cove_ left me out of breath and totally drained of (a
gallon of) happy tears.

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stealth Pilot fired this volley in
:
gunner if you bought a packet or two of wrigleys chewing gum (it's
sold all over australia, dont know about america)
enjoyed chewing the gum into a big well masticated lump. you can plug
the hole quite effectively with that.
the fuel will harden it to rock in short time.

I'm told it works as a bush repair quite well.

OUR Wrigley's gum was made from chicle, and dissolved immediately in
gasoline. Now it's made from butadiene rubber, and does the same; just a
bit more slowly.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 22:01:21 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Jan 11, 7:36 am, John Husvar wrote:
In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

You're funny.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Since you mention only one hole, does that mean the bullet is still in
the
tank? If so, I'd just leave it there.

Well, Gunner _was_ being roundly critrollicized over on misc.survivalism
for using a gun for a leather punch once.

Not by me.

I have done it too.

TMT

So why the **** didnt you put your oar in the water? You left me to
deal with the fuctards all by my lonesome. Not that it was a big
deal..but geeze....

He doesn't have an oar. E's Oarless!!!

Naw, e's just pinin' for the fjoards.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Husvar wrote:

wrote:

On Jan 11, 7:36 am, John Husvar wrote:
In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

You're funny.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Since you mention only one hole, does that mean the bullet is still in
the
tank? If so, I'd just leave it there.

Well, Gunner _was_ being roundly critrollicized over on misc.survivalism
for using a gun for a leather punch once.

Not by me.

I have done it too.

TMT

So why the **** didnt you put your oar in the water? You left me to
deal with the fuctards all by my lonesome. Not that it was a big
deal..but geeze....

He doesn't have an oar. E's Oarless!!!

Naw, e's just pinin' for the fjoards.

All this time I thoght e's pinin' for a Cebby! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-01-14, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
That little pistol - just about right for the Black Forest boar they have
on the central coast! They have been running free from much for years and
were imported for game hunts by a large news paper owner...

Pistol? That was a *rifle* wildcat, 10,000 ft-lbs muzzle energy.
The kick was said to be really punishing*. _Cartridges of the World_
(quite a few years ago -- 30+ I think) said "There is absolutely no need
for a cartridge of this power for hunting anything on this planet." :-)

Time to go offworld for larger game, huh?

Yep -- support the space effort -- or your local Tardis. :-)

[ ... ]

I forget what cartridge it was based on, but I don't have one
anyway. They *did* suggest that to go one better, you would need to
base it on the .50 machine gun round. :-)

.50 BMG pistol? That'd be a 100% kill rate. 50% of the target and 50%
of the shooter, as his pistol came back and split his head.

Agreed. Though again, I was not talking about pistols. :-)

I nearly got knocked on my ass firing a .458 Winchester Magnum.
Two shots of mild practice loads, and one full bore. I started that one
leaning as far forward on one foot as I could manage, with the other
foot out behind me, and ended up toppling far enough back to almost
overbalance on that other foot. And a 4" sapling about fifteen degrees
to the right of my point of aim toppled after being hit.

Of course -- I weighed a *lot* less than. Perhaps 160 lbs, and
I'm now about 210-220. :-)

On a lesser but still fun note, how about the nice little Taurus
.45/410 pistola? It sure sounds like a handful.
http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-Judge.htm

I was not willing to try the .357 Magnum Derringer which someone
brought to where I used to shoot. :-) Just too little mass in the hand
for too much recoil. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:39:33 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:59:52 -0600, "Ron Moore"
wrote:

It wouldn't have been so bad if she hadn't just filled the 20gal tank. By
the time she got home, about 2 miles, the tank was DRAINED.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Id just paid $3.19 per and filled that 20 gallon tank. I managed to
salvage about 3 gallons.

If I were at home up north, I could have saved a lot of it..but down
here in LA..Ive got no containers of any sort.

It really sucked watching that expensive sheen on the water flowing
away down the gutter....

Gunner

Are you brain damaged? Did you stick your mouth under the dripping
gas tank and try to save it that way? Is this the reason you're so
****ing stupid and such a retarded idiot?

Do you have a mop pail in your home? How about a metal cooking pot?
With the cost of gas these days, I would have drained the gas into
anything that holds liquids, then gone to the nearest hardware store,
walmart, kmart, dollar general, convenience store, or whatever was
open, and bought some gas cans or pails really fast. Or what about
calling the fire department, they have pails and would have been there
in an instant.

It's not only the price of the gas, but the pollution you caused, and
heaven forbid anyone drops anything flammable down a storm sewer for
several miles downstream. This is not a joke. Years ago I lived a
mile from a gas station. They were getting their tanks filled when
there was a spill in the amount of 200 to 300 gallons. The gas got
into the storm sewers. Our house, (a mile away) began to fill with
gasoline fumes. By the time we thought it was bad enough to call the
fire department, we got a knock on the door and it was the Fire Dept.
telling us they were shutting off our natural gas at the meter to kill
all pilot lights, we were to open all house windows, especially the
basement windows, and went to our basement and pulled the main
breaker. The whole area was filled with emergency vehicles, and all
fire hydrants were opened to flush the storm sewers. People closer to
the gas station were evacuated entirely.

The odor was very strong and concentrated in our and our neighbors
homes because we lived downhill, and at the end of the sewer line
because that's where the roads ended before a park. The gas had
accumulated down near our (end of the road, bottom of hill) pipes, and
due to the way the raingutters were piped into the storm sewers, the
fumes entered the basements of these homes.

For some reason, people who had sump pumps got the fumes worse, so
many of those homes were evacuated. We did not have a sump pump, but
the fumes were still very strong. This affected homes several miles
away. It was only due to the fire dept. flushing the pipes that there
were no explosions or disasters.

You sir, deserve the "stupidest idiot of the year" award !!!!!
(and yet you got the nerve to make a joke of it) !!!!
You should be locked up in a prison cell or mental asylum before you
kill someone !

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:30:34 -0000, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Stealth Pilot fired this volley in
:
gunner if you bought a packet or two of wrigleys chewing gum (it's
sold all over australia, dont know about america)
enjoyed chewing the gum into a big well masticated lump. you can plug
the hole quite effectively with that.
the fuel will harden it to rock in short time.

I'm told it works as a bush repair quite well.

OUR Wrigley's gum was made from chicle, and dissolved immediately in
gasoline. Now it's made from butadiene rubber, and does the same; just a
bit more slowly.

LLoyd

gawd do you americans ever get anything right?

I'd be a disaster in your country. nothing would stick together,
things would fall apart all the time and the fuel tanks would keep on
leaking.

you guys still have binder twine and bailing wire dont you?

bugger me, that's it! I've been trying to get leaks out of my marvel
schebler carby setup on the tailwind for a year now.
been driving me nuts.
the bloody thing is american!

Stealth (you guys is too tricky for me) Pilot :-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It wouldn't have been so bad if she hadn't just filled the 20gal tank. By
the time she got home, about 2 miles, the tank was DRAINED.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Id just paid $3.19 per and filled that 20 gallon tank. I managed to
salvage about 3 gallons.

If I were at home up north, I could have saved a lot of it..but down
here in LA..Ive got no containers of any sort.

It really sucked watching that expensive sheen on the water flowing
away down the gutter....

Gunner

Are you brain damaged? Did you stick your mouth under the dripping
gas tank and try to save it that way? Is this the reason you're so
****ing stupid and such a retarded idiot?

Actually. it was repeated exposure to California liberals that has
caused certain areas of my brain to go dormant.

Do you have a mop pail in your home? How about a metal cooking pot?

No, and yes.

With the cost of gas these days, I would have drained the gas into
anything that holds liquids, then gone to the nearest hardware store,
walmart, kmart, dollar general, convenience store, or whatever was
open, and bought some gas cans or pails really fast.

Nothing close was open..and driving a vehicle with a ****ing hole in
the gas tank is contra indicated.

Or what about
calling the fire department, they have pails and would have been there
in an instant.

They would have gotten out a hose, and flushed it into the drains.
This is not my first rodeo.

[...]

200-300 gallons, as opposed to what was left in a 20 gallon tank after
a 35 mile ride with a .250 hole in the bottom of it.
Oh hell yes...they are exactly the same.

Basement? Whats that?

The odor was very strong and concentrated in our and our neighbors
homes because we lived downhill, and at the end of the sewer line
because that's where the roads ended before a park. The gas had
accumulated down near our (end of the road, bottom of hill) pipes, and
due to the way the raingutters were piped into the storm sewers, the
fumes entered the basements of these homes.

Downhill? Flat as a billiard table here. Basements?

For some reason, people who had sump pumps got the fumes worse, so
many of those homes were evacuated. We did not have a sump pump, but
the fumes were still very strong. This affected homes several miles
away. It was only due to the fire dept. flushing the pipes that there
were no explosions or disasters.

You sir, deserve the "stupidest idiot of the year" award !!!!!
(and yet you got the nerve to make a joke of it) !!!!
You should be locked up in a prison cell or mental asylum before you
kill someone !

Yes, I really should. Why not come and do it?

VBG

Gods I love watching the spittle spray as you spew. You squint your
eyes and they go in all directions. Impressive.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stealth Pilot" wrote: (clip) you guys still have binder twine and bailing
wire dont you? (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bailing wire is used for emptying water from a boat. Baling wire is used
for tying up a boat. I don't think it will stop a gasoline leak. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:25:42 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
"Stealth Pilot" wrote:

(clip) you guys still have binder twine and bailing
wire dont you? (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bailing wire is used for emptying water from a boat. Baling wire is used
for tying up a boat. I don't think it will stop a gasoline leak. ;-)

And you sure as HELL don't use any sort of metallic wire for baling
up straw, or oat hay, or alfalfa, or timothy hay, or anything else
that might be feed or bedding for any animal - one little snipped off
piece of wire accidentally gets inside said animal and you can easily
have a sick or dead animal, and/or a huge veterinarian bill for saving
or trying to save them.

Hay farmers use sisal or synthetic twine to tie up their bales, and
have done so for many decades. You would do well to remember this.

When I do any electrical work in a barn or animal pasture setting I
have to be almost paranoid-level careful to not drop or leave any wire
cuttings lying around, and make sure the other workers don't either,
and they know why - copper wire can do it just as easily as steel.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
"Stealth Pilot" wrote:

[...]

you americans use rope fences!?

dont the cows eat them?

Stealth :-) Pilot
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

you americans use rope fences!?

dont the cows eat them?

Not once you turn the charger on.
--Glenn Lyford
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 16, 6:35 am, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

And you sure as HELL don't use any sort of metallic wire for baling
up straw, or oat hay, or alfalfa, or timothy hay, or anything else
that might be feed or bedding for any animal - one little snipped off
piece of wire accidentally gets inside said animal and you can easily
have a sick or dead animal, and/or a huge veterinarian bill for saving
or trying to save them.

-- Bruce --

It has been many decades since I was opening bales of hay. At the
time the bales all were secured with wire. But you did not snip the
wire. You unwound it by hand.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

And you sure as HELL don't use any sort of metallic wire for baling
up straw, or oat hay, or alfalfa, or timothy hay, or anything else
that might be feed or bedding for any animal - one little snipped off
piece of wire accidentally gets inside said animal and you can easily
have a sick or dead animal, and/or a huge veterinarian bill for saving
or trying to save them.

-- Bruce --

It has been many decades since I was opening bales of hay. At the
time the bales all were secured with wire. But you did not snip the
wire. You unwound it by hand.

Dan

Correct. And it was much harder on arrows, if you stacked some for a
target butt.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
"Stealth Pilot" wrote:

(clip) you guys still have binder twine and bailing
wire dont you? (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bailing wire is used for emptying water from a boat. Baling wire is used
for tying up a boat. I don't think it will stop a gasoline leak. ;-)

And you sure as HELL don't use any sort of metallic wire for baling
up straw, or oat hay, or alfalfa, or timothy hay, or anything else
that might be feed or bedding for any animal - one little snipped off
piece of wire accidentally gets inside said animal and you can easily
have a sick or dead animal, and/or a huge veterinarian bill for saving
or trying to save them.

We used to feed magnets to cattle to grab any hardware they might
accidentally swallow and keep it in the gut instead of having it
"migrate"

Hay farmers use sisal or synthetic twine to tie up their bales, and
have done so for many decades. You would do well to remember this.

When I do any electrical work in a barn or animal pasture setting I
have to be almost paranoid-level careful to not drop or leave any wire
cuttings lying around, and make sure the other workers don't either,
and they know why - copper wire can do it just as easily as steel.

-- Bruce --

And yet in the early years, balers for hay and straw DID use wire.
Believe it or not.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

And yet in the early years, balers for hay and straw DID use wire.
Believe it or not.

Yea, Only these youngsters wouldn't know about baling wire. It dosen't
seem to be that long ago, course theres lots of those things now. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

And you sure as HELL don't use any sort of metallic wire for baling
up straw, or oat hay, or alfalfa, or timothy hay, or anything else
that might be feed or bedding for any animal - one little snipped off
piece of wire accidentally gets inside said animal and you can easily
have a sick or dead animal, and/or a huge veterinarian bill for saving
or trying to save them.

-- Bruce --

It has been many decades since I was opening bales of hay. At the
time the bales all were secured with wire. But you did not snip the
wire. You unwound it by hand.

Dan

Correct. And it was much harder on arrows, if you stacked some for a
target butt.

Gunner

What the _hell_'s all the fuss about? My sister in TX _still_ gets
wire-tied bales. You just pay attention to how you open them is all. You
can cut them. You just make sure the tied ends are both there when you
pick up the wire.

It's better to unwind the ties, but it's not God-given law. If a gal
doesn't have the strength to unwrap them with pliers, she cuts the wires
close to the ties and makes sure not to drop any cutoffs.

And, yeah, they sure can wreak havoc on arrows especially if you're
doing live practice with your broadheads.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

clare at snyder wrote:

And yet in the early years, balers for hay and straw DID use wire.
Believe it or not.

Lew Hartswick" wrote: Yea, Only these youngsters wouldn't know about baling
wire. It dosen't
seem to be that long ago, course theres lots of those things now. :-)
...lew...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe it, kuz I remember it. On the small farm where I grew up we
hoarded used rusty nails and bailing wire. Bailing wire was folded upon
itself to make a bundle about 8" long, tie wrapped around itself, and tossed
where it could be easily found when needed. It was the duct tape of its
day.

I have a galvanized sprinkler can from those days that I am saving as a
keepsake, on which the sprinkler head is retained with bailing wire. I
think it's stronger than new. My Dad once helped me install a Model T Ford
switch on the handle bar of my tricycle with bailing wire. I don't think
duct tape would have held as well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Leo Lichtman" wrote: (clip) the sprinkler head is retained with bailing
wire. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My face is red. I teased Stealth Pilot for misspelling "bailing," and now I
have done exactly the same thing. I figure it's better to own up before
someone else jumps on me.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Leo Lichtman" wrote: (clip) the sprinkler head is retained with bailing
wire. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My face is red. I teased Stealth Pilot for misspelling "bailing," and now I
have done exactly the same thing. I figure it's better to own up before
someone else jumps on me.

It's sure easy to do with some words. I have trouble with
hoby hobby rabit rabbit rabet etc. Never did well at
spelling, keep a dictionary or two in the drawer (just looked
that one up since it didn't look right) under the monitor.
Typos where the letter is close to the one required I can
overlook but when it's the wrong word like: their for there
it irks me. Afterall I only simulate touch typing. :-)
...lew...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 11, 6:22 am, "SteveB" wrote:
Don't know about you, but I put people with clean shiny dentless trucks in
the same category as people with clean desks. They're too busy cleaning to
do anything. I see lots of 4wd trucks that have never been put in 4wd.
Thousands spent on lift kits and shocks and garbage, and all done with the
"LOOK AT ME" mentality. I like Bubba trucks that have obvious wear. The
guy may be a slob, but you know he gets out his driveway. If he has one,
that is.

When I restored my '51 International pickup, it was with the
idea that I would drive it to work. Every day. Winter and summer. Salt
on the roads, too. I can't afford a show truck, so I didn't get really
fancy and spend a lot of money on this thing.
But it looks good and some guys wonder about the dumb twit who
drives his truck in the cold and snow and salt. Younger guys, mostly.
The old farmers, geezers who recognize that truck and maybe leaned to
drive in one like it, understand. They like to see it scooting along
every day, doing what it's supposed to do. They also like the wavy box
bed that I left as is, caused by some previous owner hauling gravel or
grain, lots of weight, so that it pressed the steel down between the
box's crossmembers.
The first scratch hurt, of course, but it hurt me more than the
truck. Might as well get it overwith. Gonna happen sooner or later,
and I'll worry about it until it happens. Adds some character to the
thing. I guess it's a Bubba truck.
A friend here had a Dodge pickup, maybe six months old. Sees a
deer coming toward the road, so he grabs the rifle (.308?) and sights
in on the animal, resting an elbow on the hood, as it approached the
road. The field angles down into the ditch and he follows the beast
with the scope, and shoots. Bangrattlerattle. Bullet goes through the
hood and clatters around under there but doesn't do too much beyond
uglifying the truck.
He told everybody his truck was shot.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 21:05:38 -0700, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Leo Lichtman" wrote: (clip) the sprinkler head is retained with bailing
wire. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My face is red. I teased Stealth Pilot for misspelling "bailing," and now I
have done exactly the same thing. I figure it's better to own up before
someone else jumps on me.

It's sure easy to do with some words. I have trouble with
hoby hobby rabit rabbit rabet etc. Never did well at
spelling, keep a dictionary or two in the drawer (just looked
that one up since it didn't look right) under the monitor.
Typos where the letter is close to the one required I can
overlook but when it's the wrong word like: their for there
it irks me. Afterall I only simulate touch typing. :-)
...lew...

I use the "biblical" method, left handed as well - "seek and ye
shall find"
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 03:47:33 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"Leo Lichtman" wrote: (clip) the sprinkler head is retained with bailing
wire. (clip)
My face is red. I teased Stealth Pilot for misspelling "bailing," and now I
have done exactly the same thing. I figure it's better to own up before
someone else jumps on me.

the thread has been as funny as a hat full.

Stealth Pilot