Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Will single hole faucet fit widespread center hole?

Hi, someone gave me a bathroom sink, and it has (as I'm learning) 3
holes which I was told were 8 inch widespread. I was told the faucets/
handles to fit this are 2 - 3X more expensive than a standard single
hole faucet. Can I use a single hole faucet (the type with the lever
attached to the faucet) with the center hole? I don't have a single in
the house to "eyeball" to see if it may work or if hole sizes look
standard across the different types.
I can then get plugs or plates for the two unused holes I assume.
Thanks much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 14, 2:10 am, "dke3591" wrote:
Hi, someone gave me a bathroom sink, and it has (as I'm learning) 3
holes which I was told were 8 inch widespread. I was told the faucets/
handles to fit this are 2 - 3X more expensive than a standard single
hole faucet. Can I use a single hole faucet (the type with the lever
attached to the faucet) with the center hole? I don't have a single in
the house to "eyeball" to see if it may work or if hole sizes look
standard across the different types.
I can then get plugs or plates for the two unused holes I assume.
Thanks much.

buffalo ny: a kitchen sink has an 8-inch center-to-center hole for
your faucet.
prices from $17.95 and up, including sprayer if that sprayer hole is
also there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 14, 12:40 pm, "buffalobill" wrote:
On Mar 14, 2:10 am, "dke3591" wrote:

Hi, someone gave me a bathroom sink, and it has (as I'm learning) 3
holes which I was told were 8 inch widespread. I was told the faucets/
handles to fit this are 2 - 3X more expensive than a standard single
hole faucet. Can I use a single hole faucet (the type with the lever
attached to the faucet) with the center hole? I don't have a single in
the house to "eyeball" to see if it may work or if hole sizes look
standard across the different types.
I can then get plugs or plates for the two unused holes I assume.
Thanks much.

buffalo ny: a kitchen sink has an 8-inch center-to-center hole for
your faucet.
prices from $17.95 and up, including sprayer if that sprayer hole is
also there.

Hi, thanks for the reply, but this is a bathroom sink, does that work
similarly?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 14 Mar 2007 10:58:33 -0700, "dke3591" wrote:

On Mar 14, 12:40 pm, "buffalobill" wrote:
On Mar 14, 2:10 am, "dke3591" wrote:

Hi, someone gave me a bathroom sink, and it has (as I'm learning) 3
holes which I was told were 8 inch widespread. I was told the faucets/
handles to fit this are 2 - 3X more expensive than a standard single
hole faucet.

Not sure about that. Go look at faucets and be sure.

Can I use a single hole faucet (the type with the lever
attached to the faucet) with the center hole?

Probably. Go look at faucets.

At the big box stores they have them on display, almost an aisle of
them, plus boxes underneath where if you need to look more closely,
you can.

I don't have a single in
the house to "eyeball" to see if it may work or if hole sizes look
standard across the different types.
I can then get plugs or plates for the two unused holes I assume.
Thanks much.

buffalo ny: a kitchen sink has an 8-inch center-to-center hole for
your faucet.
prices from $17.95 and up, including sprayer if that sprayer hole is
also there.

Hi, thanks for the reply, but this is a bathroom sink, does that work
similarly?

Go look at faucets.

You'll have to do that anyhow, to pick one out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 14, 1:10 am, "dke3591" wrote:
Hi, someone gave me a bathroom sink, and it has (as I'm learning) 3
holes which I was told were 8 inch widespread. I was told the faucets/

(snip)

Thanks all,

I just cleaned the sink up, and found on the bottom side of the sink a
bunch of hairline cracks. I assume the sink isn't usable and the
cracks will eventually grow? The person who gave the sink to me left
it outside in the snow and weather all winter, and it was covered with
leaves, etc. which I cleaned off good and then just noticed the
cracks. Thanks again.