Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Punched a hole in my gas tank last night

On 14 Jan 2008 04:45:33 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "DoN.
Nichols" quickly quoth:

On 2008-01-14, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
That little pistol - just about right for the Black Forest boar they have
on the central coast! They have been running free from much for years and
were imported for game hunts by a large news paper owner...

Pistol? That was a *rifle* wildcat, 10,000 ft-lbs muzzle energy.
The kick was said to be really punishing*. _Cartridges of the World_
(quite a few years ago -- 30+ I think) said "There is absolutely no need
for a cartridge of this power for hunting anything on this planet." :-)

Time to go offworld for larger game, huh?

* Firing two or three shots rapid fire was said to be equivalent
to going a similar number of rounds with a world heavyweight
champ. :-)

There's definitely a large "Ouch!" factor there.

I forget what cartridge it was based on, but I don't have one
anyway. They *did* suggest that to go one better, you would need to
base it on the .50 machine gun round. :-)

..50 BMG pistol? That'd be a 100% kill rate. 50% of the target and 50%
of the shooter, as his pistol came back and split his head.

On a lesser but still fun note, how about the nice little Taurus
..45/410 pistola? It sure sounds like a handful.
http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-Judge.htm

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.