Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clif Holland

Default New Low

When I saw Gunner posted off topic political BS earlier today I decided this
newsgroup doesn't have a clue about what it's for. I considered Gunner one
of the RCM mainstays with an occasional foray into politics but today's post
was all his trying to stir the politics pot. Folks there are thousands of
groups to argue your politics with other people. Why do you insist on
polluting this group?? Please go to the other groups and leave this for
metalworking. If you don't understand the concept of a group without
politics, just on topic posts, how about leaving and let the rest of us
enjoy our hobby.

--

Clif

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Sun, 07 May 2006 01:35:04 GMT, "Clif Holland"
wrote:

When I saw Gunner posted off topic political BS earlier today I decided this
newsgroup doesn't have a clue about what it's for. I considered Gunner one
of the RCM mainstays with an occasional foray into politics but today's post
was all his trying to stir the politics pot. Folks there are thousands of
groups to argue your politics with other people. Why do you insist on
polluting this group?? Please go to the other groups and leave this for
metalworking. If you don't understand the concept of a group without
politics, just on topic posts, how about leaving and let the rest of us
enjoy our hobby.

Well Cliff..its like this.

I had this tremendous urge to parody the Left who has been calling for
the Crucifixion of Limbuagh. Its fascinating to watch the silence from
those very hypocrites who have been chortling about the Limbuagh
situation for several years now.

As I stated in another discussion..the sudden deafening silence from
the Left is much akin to that the moment when you hit the kill switch
on that D9 Cat you have been running all day.

There were the expected couple apologists for Kennedy..but they were
from the normal Leftwing Useful Idiots, whose hypocrisy is already
well known, so they were to be expected.

Now, on the other hand..it would appear that you are posting off topic
on a subject that has nothing do do with metalworking, and is pretty
much bitching..no different than any other off topic post in the long
run.

Of course I was trying to stir the political pot. Duh! Its been quite
some time since I started an OT post, though I do respond to them on
occasion. It was in me to do it..and I did it. No appolgies, no
excuses and if the urge strikes me again in the future..Ill fire it up
again. Deal with it. Now you have a couple options..you can kill
file me, the same way Ive got the Other Cliff killfiled, or you can
simply not read the obviously titled subject line on the post...or you
can simply shrug..and hit Delete or Ignore Thread. Most news readers
have em. I use em all the time when subjects come up that I have no
interest in. Steam stuff bore me to tears, so I generally Ignore
Thread. Shrug..right click, select and voila..its done. Simple..no?
I suggest you learn how to do it..as it will save your tender
sensibilities some angst.

You wouldnt be a Democrat or a Lib would you?

As for New Lows..your new here eh?

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

etc etc

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

Mmm, good score Gunner. What sort of timber?

Andrew VK3BFA.

PS - I ignored the political stuff, it was just tooooo far out to
respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 6 May 2006 23:35:40 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:

etc etc

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

Mmm, good score Gunner. What sort of timber?

About 2/3s of it is used. A friend tore down a house, paid a bunch of
day laborers to pull the nails as he was gonna use it to build some
outbuildings..the city started giving him grief over it and he said
**** it.
A **** load of it is new..stuff he was gonna use. Including at least
(30) 20' ones..but I cant figure how to get em from So. Cal to
home..so unfortunately Im gonna have to wack em into 12 + 8 footers

Andrew VK3BFA.

PS - I ignored the political stuff, it was just tooooo far out to
respond to.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

Gunner wrote:
On 6 May 2006 23:35:40 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:

etc etc

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

Mmm, good score Gunner. What sort of timber?

About 2/3s of it is used. A friend tore down a house, paid a bunch of
day laborers to pull the nails as he was gonna use it to build some
outbuildings..the city started giving him grief over it and he said
**** it.
A **** load of it is new..stuff he was gonna use. Including at least
(30) 20' ones..but I cant figure how to get em from So. Cal to
home..so unfortunately Im gonna have to wack em into 12 + 8 footers

Andrew VK3BFA.

PS - I ignored the political stuff, it was just tooooo far out to
respond to.

Gunner

Yes, ****es you right off when you have to cut things to get them home
I sold my van about 2 years ago, it had roof racks and could do things
like that. (Now have a "sensible" station wagon - dead boring...useless
for big messy things in the back)

You DO realise you now have the formwork for your concreting the
floorways project - start getting it set up, score some reo if you can,
and put the word out at the local pre-mix cement places - most of em
are greatful to have a place to dump the remains of jobs that customers
over-ordered - saves them, ( and the customers,) dump fees.....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 6 May 2006 23:35:40 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:
etc etc

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

Put aside the price you paid for the lumber. If you wanted to build say an,
office within a building, would you do it in wood or steel studs and dry
wall? You probably see where I'm going with this...

As far as the Kennedy kid goes, I have hope for him...it appears he hasn't
murdered anybody yet.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 07 May 2006 13:27:38 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

gunner's post about tubafores...
Put aside the price you paid for the lumber. If you wanted to build say an,
office within a building, would you do it in wood or steel studs and dry
wall? You probably see where I'm going with this...

Wood. I still don't like (or trust) how the flimsy steel studs work.
Wood also adds mass to reduce noise transmittal through walls.

As far as the Kennedy kid goes, I have hope for him...it appears he hasn't
murdered anybody yet.

giggle The operative word here is "yet", right, since he's known to
have the DWK/FWK gene? I'm a recovering alcoholic. None of the
Kennedys are. They're all still practicing -heavily- AFAIK.Perhaps the
kid didn't take the breathalyzer because he hadn't been drinking, but
drugging heavily and didn't want the continued testing to reveal what
all he'd been doing. The rest of us would have landed in jail until we
came to court and were sentenced. Refusal to submit to testing is at
least a misdemeaner in all states, I believe. I hope the suits who
told the cops to release him all get canned, the jucking ferks.

--
The ancient and curious thing called religion, as it shows itself in the
modern world, is often so overladen with excrescences and irrelevancies
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wmbjk

wrote:

When I saw Gunner posted off topic political BS earlier today I decided this
newsgroup doesn't have a clue about what it's for. I considered Gunner one
of the RCM mainstays with an occasional foray into politics

Much the same way that Jabba the Hut has an occasional foray into
eating.

Please go to the other groups and leave this for
metalworking.

His oft-repeated excuse is that it's everyone else's job to work
around his mental illness. It's the same "screw you all" attitude that
got him where he is today... too dysfunctional to progress in the
normal world, yet not a spectacular enough train wreck to interest
Jerry Springer.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On 7 May 2006 05:10:46 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
On 6 May 2006 23:35:40 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:

etc etc

[...]

Ayup. Big problem with the ready mix place..Im on the road during the
week when they have "overages" and that stuff doesnt store well G

Not to mention Id have to pump a lot of it to get it into where the
floorways are. The drivers want to dump and scoot, not hang around
while I wheelbarrow a couple yards.

Shrug

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Sun, 07 May 2006 13:27:38 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On 6 May 2006 23:35:40 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:
etc etc

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

Put aside the price you paid for the lumber. If you wanted to build say an,
office within a building, would you do it in wood or steel studs and dry
wall? You probably see where I'm going with this...

Steel studs. They are cheaper here in California IRRC.

No..I dont have a clue where you are going...pant pant..its already
90F here..and I just got in from unloading the trailer..

As far as the Kennedy kid goes, I have hope for him...it appears he hasn't
murdered anybody yet.

There but for the Grace of God.....

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Sun, 07 May 2006 06:54:32 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

Refusal in California...is an automatic suspension of your drivers
license. However you CAN ask for a blood test rather than the BA.
Its far harder for the cops to **** you over with a out of adjustment
or "tweaked" BA. If I were a drinker..even a social one..and there was
any doubt in my mind..Id go for the blood test. And depending on
where you live..by the time they get you to a hospital and start
drawing your blood..it may well have metabolized a significant amount
of alky.

Frankly..Ive seen more than one police department give a person a high
BA..even though the individual has never had a drop of booze. BIG BIG
shake up in one not long ago..when the individual was arrested for
something like .12 and tested Zero in a blood test he insisted on.
FBI got involved..lots of heads rolled...lots of convictions were
overturned. Even some legitimate ones, unfortunately.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Sun, 07 May 2006 15:01:27 GMT, "Clif Holland"
wrote:

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

I'm not new, just don't post often.

Why not change it to RCM and Gunners Politics, then you could stay on topic.

What is so hard to understand that some people join groups for the content.
If I wanted to discuss politics I would join a group about it.

--

Clif

Lets see now..you started an OT thread..and you continue to post in
it..and yet you are bitching?

Blink blink....no hypocrisy in your family eh?

And did you even mark the thread OT in the subject line????

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Clif Holland" wrote in message
When I saw Gunner posted off topic political BS earlier today I decided

this
newsgroup doesn't have a clue about what it's for. I considered Gunner one
of the RCM mainstays with an occasional foray into politics but today's

post
was all his trying to stir the politics pot. Folks there are thousands of
groups to argue your politics with other people. Why do you insist on
polluting this group?? Please go to the other groups and leave this for
metalworking. If you don't understand the concept of a group without
politics, just on topic posts, how about leaving and let the rest of us
enjoy our hobby.

--

Clif

Having broken my cardinal rule to not read your posts, at least routinely, I
sure got a chuckle from this one. I commend you for having stayed "on
topic" through the years! g

Nope! You're not plonked like a small handful of rude people. I think
you're harmless, but also clueless when it comes to machining.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Wayne sez:

" His oft-repeated excuse is that it's everyone else's job to work around
his mental illness. It's the same "screw you all" attitude that got him
where he is today... too dysfunctional to progress in the normal world, yet
not a spectacular enough train wreck to interest Jerry Springer."

Bite your tongue, varlet! Gunner could very well host the Springer show and
put ol' Jerry out of work.

Bob Swinney

wrote:

When I saw Gunner posted off topic political BS earlier today I decided
this
newsgroup doesn't have a clue about what it's for. I considered Gunner one
of the RCM mainstays with an occasional foray into politics

Much the same way that Jabba the Hut has an occasional foray into
eating.

Please go to the other groups and leave this for
metalworking.

Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

No..I dont have a clue where you are going...pant pant..its already
90F here..and I just got in from unloading the trailer..

As far as the Kennedy kid goes, I have hope for him...it appears he hasn't
murdered anybody yet.

There but for the Grace of God.....

Gunner

I want to add a "Lab" onto the office in the plant. The plant is laid out
on 8' by 12' sections with a 10" x 10" post in each corner. I want to claim
4 sections for a 16" x 24" Tommy play room to use as my office and a
computer lab and such. I'm trying to decide to use wood or steel. I'll buy
those 2x4s if you'll only deliver...

I hope they leave the poor Kennedy kid alone! He's got enough problems, and
like I said, I have hope for him. God can't possibly curse a family that
much, or let Satan have them ALL.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Bite your tongue, varlet! Gunner could very well host the Springer show
and
put ol' Jerry out of work.

Bob Swinney

Gunner! Gunner! Gunner!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Wait

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
om...
No..I dont have a clue where you are going...pant pant..its already
90F here..and I just got in from unloading the trailer..

As far as the Kennedy kid goes, I have hope for him...it appears he

hasn't
murdered anybody yet.

There but for the Grace of God.....

Gunner

I want to add a "Lab" onto the office in the plant. The plant is laid out
on 8' by 12' sections with a 10" x 10" post in each corner. I want to

claim
4 sections for a 16" x 24" Tommy play room to use as my office and a
computer lab and such. I'm trying to decide to use wood or steel.

By all means, Tom, use steel studs. They are lighter, straighter, cheaper,
quicker to build, already punched for the electrical installation, they
won't burn and probably required by your local codes. You can have them
delivered at the same time as your drywall from the same supplier. Did I
mention easier to erect?
Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

By all means, Tom, use steel studs. They are lighter, straighter, cheaper,
quicker to build, already punched for the electrical installation, they
won't burn and probably required by your local codes. You can have them
delivered at the same time as your drywall from the same supplier. Did I
mention easier to erect?
Tom

I agree, it's just inertia of old age.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 08 May 2006 00:41:20 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Bite your tongue, varlet! Gunner could very well host the Springer show
and
put ol' Jerry out of work.

Bob Swinney

Gunner! Gunner! Gunner!

Next up on the Gunner Show..The Alabama School for Wayward Girls Naked
Rifle Team.

Do you know where your daughter is?

Now a word from our sponsers......

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

wrote:

No..I dont have a clue where you are going...pant pant..its already
90F here..and I just got in from unloading the trailer..

As far as the Kennedy kid goes, I have hope for him...it appears he hasn't
murdered anybody yet.

There but for the Grace of God.....

Gunner

I want to add a "Lab" onto the office in the plant. The plant is laid out
on 8' by 12' sections with a 10" x 10" post in each corner. I want to claim
4 sections for a 16" x 24" Tommy play room to use as my office and a
computer lab and such. I'm trying to decide to use wood or steel. I'll buy
those 2x4s if you'll only deliver...

Those 2x4s are going to be my next storage building. Far too much of
my Good Stuff has been left out in the weather. Time to bring it
inside. Its nearly impossible to sell Good Stuff that has surface rust
or looks weathered. ****..I cant even give it away. I filled another
dumpster this weekend. Sob...whimper...

Ive never used steel studs. I cant imagine that they would have as
comforting a smell, look or feel as wood. But...they are cheaper and
supposedly..work as well. YMMV.

I hope they leave the poor Kennedy kid alone! He's got enough problems, and
like I said, I have hope for him. God can't possibly curse a family that
much, or let Satan have them ALL.

I just hate the hypocrisy that the Left demonstrates on this. Typical
of course. Republicans tend to clean their own house..IE Packwood,
Nixon etc etc.
..Democrats reelect their problem children to multiple terms.

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

I just hate the hypocrisy that the Left demonstrates on this. Typical
of course. Republicans tend to clean their own house..IE Packwood,
Nixon etc etc.
.Democrats reelect their problem children to multiple terms.

Gunner

Maybe he'll be the "Black Sheep"?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin

Gunner wrote:
you CAN ask for a blood test rather than the BA.
Its far harder for the cops to **** you over with a out of adjustment
or "tweaked" BA. If I were a drinker..even a social one..and there was
any doubt in my mind..Id go for the blood test. And depending on
where you live..by the time they get you to a hospital and start
drawing your blood..it may well have metabolized a significant amount
of alky.

If I were on the jury, I'd accept a well-documented "metabolism chart"
to allow the prosecution to project the probable BAC at the time of
arrest.

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Berger

Are you planning to nail up the 2x4's for racking for your metal
scrap?

Gunner wrote:

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Gunner wrote:

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

No. I welded up some racking to hold the 2x4s, that Im going to use to
bulld a storage shed and other things out of. I generally use metal
racks and bins to hold the metal scrap

Im somewhat space limited these days, and am trying to get things
cleaned up, cleaned out and so forth.

What I really need is a crew of about 4 guys, a case of ice cold beer
or sodas and a day or two to tear everything down, move the buried
van, and put all the pallet racks into their proper positions. The
carpentry work I can do myself, but I find the old ticker gets a bit
bothersome after several hours of hard physical labor.

Shrug

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,