Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

Default New Low

Gunner wrote:
On 6 May 2006 23:35:40 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:

etc etc

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

Mmm, good score Gunner. What sort of timber?

About 2/3s of it is used. A friend tore down a house, paid a bunch of
day laborers to pull the nails as he was gonna use it to build some
outbuildings..the city started giving him grief over it and he said
**** it.
A **** load of it is new..stuff he was gonna use. Including at least
(30) 20' ones..but I cant figure how to get em from So. Cal to
home..so unfortunately Im gonna have to wack em into 12 + 8 footers

Andrew VK3BFA.

PS - I ignored the political stuff, it was just tooooo far out to
respond to.

Gunner

Yes, ****es you right off when you have to cut things to get them home
I sold my van about 2 years ago, it had roof racks and could do things
like that. (Now have a "sensible" station wagon - dead boring...useless
for big messy things in the back)

You DO realise you now have the formwork for your concreting the
floorways project - start getting it set up, score some reo if you can,
and put the word out at the local pre-mix cement places - most of em
are greatful to have a place to dump the remains of jobs that customers
over-ordered - saves them, ( and the customers,) dump fees.....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Andrew VK3BFA.