Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default New Low

On 7 May 2006 05:10:46 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
On 6 May 2006 23:35:40 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:

etc etc

Gunner, who just finished welding up racking for the 200+ 8' & 12'
2x4s he scrounged.

Mmm, good score Gunner. What sort of timber?

About 2/3s of it is used. A friend tore down a house, paid a bunch of
day laborers to pull the nails as he was gonna use it to build some
outbuildings..the city started giving him grief over it and he said
**** it.
A **** load of it is new..stuff he was gonna use. Including at least
(30) 20' ones..but I cant figure how to get em from So. Cal to
home..so unfortunately Im gonna have to wack em into 12 + 8 footers

Andrew VK3BFA.

PS - I ignored the political stuff, it was just tooooo far out to
respond to.

Gunner

Yes, ****es you right off when you have to cut things to get them home
I sold my van about 2 years ago, it had roof racks and could do things
like that. (Now have a "sensible" station wagon - dead boring...useless
for big messy things in the back)

You DO realise you now have the formwork for your concreting the
floorways project - start getting it set up, score some reo if you can,
and put the word out at the local pre-mix cement places - most of em
are greatful to have a place to dump the remains of jobs that customers
over-ordered - saves them, ( and the customers,) dump fees.....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Ayup. Big problem with the ready mix place..Im on the road during the
week when they have "overages" and that stuff doesnt store well G

Not to mention Id have to pump a lot of it to get it into where the
floorways are. The drivers want to dump and scoot, not hang around
while I wheelbarrow a couple yards.

Shrug

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist