Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sincere question with landmines

On 9/11/19 3:15 PM, % wrote:
.

snip

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/19 3:16 PM, % wrote:
snip

:-) :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 17:16:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/11/2019 3:29 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 3:25:19 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 3:26 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 9:37:18 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 9/10/19 6:09 PM, T wrote:
On 9/10/19 1:30 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 4:24:37 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 9/10/19 6:38 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Is abortion killing a child or is it removing some tissue mass?Â* At
what
point does it change.

It is killing a human child.Â* Life starts at conception.Â* Humans
look different as they age and that goes all the way to our
deaths.

In what way are humans different from animals?Â* Should we refrain from
killing animals because their lives begin at conception?

Cindy Hamilton

You are sick.

And I mean that too. You would not kill and animal for food
(but you will kill plants), but you don't hesitate to
kill another human being because they cause you "inconvenience"
and they are small and can't fight back. Sick!

Of course I would kill an animal for food. Happily, I live in
21st Century America and we have people who specialize in that.

I've got pictures of a dead deer hanging in the garage both
before and after my husband butchered it.

Cindy Hamilton

Sorry, got you mixed up with a veganut.

But he sick comment still holds. When did you get so
callous to the sufferings of other human beings?

There's more suffering after birth than before. An abortion lasts
a few minutes.

Cindy Hamilton

Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact"
Unwanted, unloved, abused children that would be dead in the first year
or two. Would it have been better if they were aborted in the first few
weeks? Certainly less pain and suffering.

I have always said when you force a 15 year old girl to have a baby
you ruin 2 lives. That is particularly true if she is poor and of
color. For the conservatives out there, that represents two more
lifetime welfare recipients most of the time.
I suppose the most callous of them would say "let them both starve".
The fact does remain that the chances of a male born into that
situation has about a 50% chance of being dead or in prison by the
time they are 21.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/10/19 6:09 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Dude! Call up any Christian church and they will bend
over backwards to help you through the pregnancy and
adopting out the child. These children ARE wanted.
There is a YUGE line waiting to adopt babies.

This will only ruin two lives if you let it. It
does to justify taking another person's life that is
not threatening you with deadly force.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2019 7:00 PM, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 3:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/11/2019 6:06 PM, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 2:16 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact"
Unwanted, unloved, abused children that would be dead in the first
year or two. Would it have been better if they were aborted in the
first few weeks?Â*Â*CertainlyÂ*lessÂ*painÂ*andÂ*suffering.

So you are actually doing the child a favor?Â* Get his
permission by chance?Â* Murder me my life sucks?

Do you like seeing children abused and killed by abuse?Â* Better
battered than aborted?Â* Born with a drug addiction?

They can survive this, especially if adopted out.Â* Not
your call!

You cannot adopt dead babies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/10/19 6:09 PM, T wrote:
On 9/10/19 1:30 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 4:24:37 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 9/10/19 6:38 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Is abortion killing a child or is it removing some tissue
mass? At
what
point does it change.

It is killing a human child. Life starts at conception. Humans
look different as they age and that goes all the way to our
deaths.

In what way are humans different from animals? Should we refrain
[...]

In Chicago they often delay the abortions for more than sixteen years...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/10/19 6:09 PM, T wrote:
[...]

So when are those Christian churches going to go into the ghetto and
help the gangbangers that should have been aborted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/10/19 6:09 PM, T wrote:
On 9/10/19 1:30 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 4:24:37 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 9/10/19 6:38 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Is abortion killing a child or is it removing some tissue
mass?Â* At
what
point does it change.

It is killing a human child.Â* Life starts at conception.Â* Humans
look different as they age and that goes all the way to our
deaths.

In what way are humans different from animals?Â* Should we
refrain from
killing animals because their lives begin at conception?

Cindy Hamilton

You are sick.

And I mean that too.Â* You would not kill and animal for food
(but you will kill plants), but you don't hesitate to
kill another human being because they cause you "inconvenience"
and they are small and can't fight back.Â* Sick!

Of course I would kill an animal for food.Â* Happily, I live in
21st Century America and we have people who specialize in that.

I've got pictures of a dead deer hanging in the garage both
before and after my husband butchered it.

Cindy Hamilton

Sorry, got you mixed up with a veganut.

But he sick comment still holds.Â* When did you get so
callous to the sufferings of other human beings?

There's more suffering after birth than before.Â* An abortion lasts
a few minutes.

Cindy Hamilton

Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact"
Unwanted, unloved, abused children that would be dead in the first year
or two.Â* Would it have been better if they were aborted in the first
few
weeks?Â* Certainly less pain and suffering.

I have always said when you force a 15 year old girl to have a baby
you ruin 2 lives. That is particularly true if she is poor and of
color. For the conservatives out there, that represents two more
lifetime welfare recipients most of the time.
I suppose the most callous of them would say "let them both starve".
The fact does remain that the chances of a male born into that
situation has about a 50% chance of being dead or in prison by the
time they are 21.

Dude!Â* Call up any Christian church and they will bend
over backwards to help you through the pregnancy and
adopting out the child.Â* These children ARE wanted.
There is a YUGE line waiting to adopt babies.

This will only ruin two lives if you let it.Â* It
does to justify taking another person's life that is
not threatening you with deadly force.

So when are those Christian churches going to go into the ghetto and
help the gangbangers that should have been aborted.

It is easy to find Christian churches. There are a lot of "Black"
churches too. They are there already.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2019 6:06 PM, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 2:16 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact"
Unwanted, unloved, abused children that would be dead in the first
year or two. Would it have been better if they were aborted in the
first few weeks?Â*Â*CertainlyÂ*lessÂ*painÂ*andÂ*suffering.

So you are actually doing the child a favor?Â* Get his
permission by chance?Â* Murder me my life sucks?

Do you like seeing children abused and killed by abuse?Â* Better
battered than aborted?Â* Born with a drug addiction?

They can survive this, especially if adopted out.Â* Not
your call!

You cannot adopt dead babies.

So don't kill them!

Yeah, the parents that abuse them should be executed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2019 6:06 PM, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 2:16 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact"
Unwanted, unloved, abused children that would be dead in the
first year or two. Would it have been better if they were aborted
in the first few weeks?Â*Â*CertainlyÂ*lessÂ*painÂ*andÂ*suffering.

So you are actually doing the child a favor?Â* Get his
permission by chance?Â* Murder me my life sucks?

Do you like seeing children abused and killed by abuse?Â* Better
battered than aborted?Â* Born with a drug addiction?

They can survive this, especially if adopted out.Â* Not
your call!

You cannot adopt dead babies.

So don't kill them!

Yeah, the parents that abuse them should be executed.

They should be put in prison and have their their children taken
from them. And that includes which ever parent stood
by and enabled it. None of this "oh she/he was an angel for
putting up with it" s***. After proper due process of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/10/19 6:09 PM, T wrote:
[...]

If they're there they are doing a lousy job. Sling dope six days a week
and sing gospel on Sunday? Face it. If Christianity didn't aid in the
dissolution of traditional culture it did nothing to preserve it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2019 6:06 PM, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 2:16 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact"
Unwanted, unloved, abused children that would be dead in the
first year or two. Would it have been better if they were
aborted in the first few weeks? Certainly less pain and suffering.

So you are actually doing the child a favor? Get his
permission by chance? Murder me my life sucks?

Do you like seeing children abused and killed by abuse? Better
battered than aborted? Born with a drug addiction?

They can survive this, especially if adopted out. Not
your call!

You cannot adopt dead babies.

So don't kill them!

Yeah, the parents that abuse them should be executed.

They should be put in prison and have their their children taken
from them. And that includes which ever parent stood
by and enabled it. None of this "oh she/he was an angel for
putting up with it" s***. After proper due process of course.

Where did those bad parents come from? Oh, I know! From bad parents.
When is the chain going to be broken?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 6:06:43 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 2:16 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact" Unwanted,
unloved, abused children that would be dead in the first year or two.
Would it have been better if they were aborted in the first few
weeks?Â*Â*CertainlyÂ*lessÂ*painÂ*andÂ*suffering..

So you are actually doing the child a favor? Get his
permission by chance? Murder me my life sucks?

Two-thirds of abortions occur prior to 8 weeks' gestation.
About 25% are at 9-13 weeks.

Medically speaking, any naturally occurring end to pregnancy
prior to 24 weeks is a miscarriage.

A fetus isn't a person. It has no personality, no intellect.

And when you get old and enfeebled it is alright to murder
you because your quality of life sucks? My evaluation
of your situation, yours does not count?

If we treated pets the way we treat sick old people, we'd be brought
up on charges. I'm very much in favor of assisted suicide and for
the de-stigmatization of suicide in general.

If some nurse gave me a double shot of morphine, I wouldn't be around
after the fact to complain, and my last words might be "thank you".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2019 6:40 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

The problem with T and those like him/her is they have a very limited
view of real life. They believe life begins at conception and nothing
will change their mind. Quick to point out adoption, but is is not
simple to get those abused kids away from the abusive parents.

I've had much close exposure to things you mentioned from miscarriage to
death and administering morphine. Yes, it is very easy for T to say
what others should do. It is even easier for men to tell women how they
should control their bodies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/10/19 6:09 PM, T wrote:
[...]

So it is okay to butcher another human being if he doesn't
suffer for very long?Â* You are sick.

Ever hear of the concept of "karma". What goes around comes
around?

What's your solution for an ectopic pregnancy?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 10:15:49 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I asked how it is that Mr. T and others know that life begins at
conception. How do they know that their God doesn't insert a soul
making it human at 8 weeks or at birth? To me, it seems very logical
that a few cells have no soul, they aren't a human being. Where along
the continuum it becomes a human, IDK.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2019 10:35 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

You won't get an answer because they can't give one. You can believe
anything you want, but that does not make it so.

You can make arguments for other stages of development such as
heartbeat, ability to live outside, etc, but the original mass of tissue
is a hard one to prove.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

Not really. The "immoral soul" referred to frequently by the ancients
and religious fanatics is your genome so in fact it's present in every
cell of your body and at conception the new life is formed from
approximately 50% of the female and 50% of the male plus (or less)
"mutations de novo" (primarily errors of transcription).

I don't know if this is the exact argument the anti-abortion people
make but it won't help them. Abortion, marriage, contraception,
euthanasia, etc are societal concepts that cannot be decided by
science (in this case, cellular biology). It's simply a matter of what
society allows or encourages. Unfortunately there's a heavy reliance
on emotion and sometimes personal experience.

I thought this topic had something to do with explosive devices buried
in the ground and detonated by someone accidentally treading on them
but then I also thought that the entire group was about home repair.
Don't stop though. Some of the off topic posts particularly by
HomeGuy, Trader, and Fretwell are quite interesting.

BTW has anyone noticed that the Australian troll seems to have
disappeared?

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 5:05:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

Shhhhh. That's a very good thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/2019 5:05 PM, wrote:

[...]

Right, no way to prove anything. Aside from particular beliefs, when
does life actually start for a human? No matter what they belive it
comes down to "my way is the only way"

I thought this topic had something to do with explosive devices buried
in the ground and detonated by someone accidentally treading on them
but then I also thought that the entire group was about home repair.
Don't stop though. Some of the off topic posts particularly by
HomeGuy, Trader, and Fretwell are quite interesting.

Well, it does get explosive here at times!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2019 6:06 PM, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 2:16 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact"
Unwanted, unloved, abused children that would be dead in the
first year or two. Would it have been better if they were
aborted in the first few weeks?Â* Certainly less pain and
suffering.

So you are actually doing the child a favor?Â* Get his
permission by chance?Â* Murder me my life sucks?

Do you like seeing children abused and killed by abuse?Â* Better
battered than aborted?Â* Born with a drug addiction?

They can survive this, especially if adopted out.Â* Not
your call!

You cannot adopt dead babies.

So don't kill them!

Yeah, the parents that abuse them should be executed.

They should be put in prison and have their their children taken
from them.Â* And that includes which ever parent stood
by and enabled it. None of this "oh she/he was an angel for
putting up with it" s***.Â* After proper due process of course.

Where did those bad parents come from? Oh, I know! From bad parents.
When is the chain going to be broken?

From what I heard it takes three generations. Society has
a vested interest in parents behaving appropriately. So
put them in prison and put their kinds in a safe
position.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/19 3:40 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
So you are actually doing the child a favor? Get his
permission by chance? Murder me my life sucks?

Two-thirds of abortions occur prior to 8 weeks' gestation.
About 25% are at 9-13 weeks.

Medically speaking, any naturally occurring end to pregnancy
prior to 24 weeks is a miscarriage.

And those you know with a miscarriage, did they mourn
the loss of a child or the popping of a pimple?

A fetus isn't a person. It has no personality, no intellect.

And they do feel pain. You are quantifying what constitutes
a human being and what does not. It is a human child. It
deserves the same protection as any other human being. It
is not for the strong to dictate to the weak who deserves to
be human. You are basically condoning the taking of human
life based on what you feel is reasonable for someone else.
I am bigger and stronger and you can't fight back, so I get
to dehumanize you and kill you like popping a zit.

You are one sick individual. What is missing is a sense of shame.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2019 6:06 PM, T wrote:
[...]

From what I heard it takes three generations.Â* Society has
a vested interest in parents behaving appropriately.Â* So
put them in prison and put their kinds in a safe
position.

Sometimes that works. Other times the child dies from abuse before
there is a chance. The new tonight had an arrest where they found an
undernourished child kept in a cage. They did not give an age but you
can be pretty sure this kid suffered all of his short life. What is sad
is that the parents were not aborted.

https://twitter.com/WFLA/status/1172...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/19 7:15 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
The problem with T and those like him/her is they have a very limited
view of real life.Â* They believe life begins at conception and nothing
will change their mind. Quick to point out adoption, but is is not
simpleÂ*toÂ*getÂ*thoseÂ*abusedÂ*kidsÂ*awayÂ*fromÂ* theÂ*abusiveÂ*parents.

So murder the kids to fix the situation. How about you punish
the abusive parents instead. They are they criminals, not
the children

I've had much close exposure to things you mentioned from miscarriage to
death and administering morphine.Â* Yes, it is very easy for T to say
what others should do.Â* It is even easier for men to tell women how they
shouldÂ*controlÂ*theirÂ*bodies.

What is missing is a sense of shame.

And I don't give a s*** what a woman wants to do with
her OWN body. When it comes to harming someone else,
then I do care.

Though shalt not murder!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/13/2019 07:05 PM, T wrote:
From what I heard it takes three generations. Society has
a vested interest in parents behaving appropriately. So
put them in prison and put their kinds in a safe
position.

"We have seen more than once that the public welfare may call upon the
best citizens for their lives. It would be strange if it could not call
upon those who already sap the strength of the State for these lesser
sacrifices, often not felt to be such by those concerned, to prevent our
being swamped with incompetence. It is better for all the world, if
instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let
them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are
manifestly unfit from continuing their kind. The principle that sustains
compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian
tubes. Three generations of imbeciles are enough."

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Buck v. Bell

In 1927 the US was not afraid to promote positive eugenics and the doors
were open to every misbegotten lump of protoplasm that vaguely resembled
a human.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/19 2:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Right, no way to prove anything.Â* Aside from particular beliefs, when
does life actually start for a human?Â* No matter what they belive it
comesÂ*downÂ*toÂ*"myÂ*wayÂ*isÂ*theÂ*onlyÂ*way"

Oh bull s***. You can look for yourself with a sonogram
or a fiber optic camera. Oh there is always that
pesky DNA. Science says it is a human being.

When did you lose your compassion for the suffering of
other human beings?

Thou shalt not Murder!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/13/2019 9:28 PM, T wrote:
On 9/12/19 3:40 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
So you are actually doing the child a favor?Â* Get his
permission by chance?Â* Murder me my life sucks?

Two-thirds of abortions occur prior to 8 weeks' gestation.
About 25% are at 9-13 weeks.

Medically speaking, any naturally occurring end to pregnancy
prior to 24 weeks is a miscarriage.

And those you know with a miscarriage, did they mourn
the loss of a child or the popping of a pimple?

Wife had five of them. It was not the loss of a child though it is
emotionally a disappointment. It was not a child by any means.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/13/2019 07:28 PM, T wrote:
And they do feel pain. You are quantifying what constitutes
a human being and what does not. It is a human child. It
deserves the same protection as any other human being. It
is not for the strong to dictate to the weak who deserves to
be human. You are basically condoning the taking of human
life based on what you feel is reasonable for someone else.
I am bigger and stronger and you can't fight back, so I get
to dehumanize you and kill you like popping a zit.

And the weak will inherit the earth; that certainly is coming true
before our eyes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/13/19 8:31 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
AndÂ*thoseÂ*youÂ*knowÂ*withÂ*aÂ*miscarriage,Â*did *theyÂ*mourn
theÂ*lossÂ*ofÂ*aÂ*childÂ*orÂ*theÂ*poppingÂ*ofÂ*aÂ* pimple?

Wife had five of them.Â* It was not the loss of a child though it is
emotionallyÂ*aÂ*disappointment.Â*Â*ItÂ*wasÂ*notÂ*a Â*childÂ*byÂ*anyÂ*means.

That truly sucks. My heart goes out to you both.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/19 9:41 PM, rbowman wrote:
ItÂ*isÂ*easyÂ*toÂ*findÂ*ChristianÂ*churches.Â*Â*Th ereÂ*areÂ*aÂ*lotÂ*ofÂ*"Black"
churchesÂ*too.Â*TheyÂ*areÂ*thereÂ*already.

If they're there they are doing a lousy job. Sling dope six days a week
and sing gospel on Sunday? Face it. If Christianity didn't aid in the
dissolutionÂ*ofÂ*traditionalÂ*cultureÂ*itÂ*didÂ*no thingÂ*toÂ*preserveÂ*it.

When the racist democrats decided it was okay to destroy the
black family to buy votes, things went to hell in our black
community. Christians churches are doing their damnedest.
If would be so much worse without them.

The democrats need to buck up and end subsidizing fatherless
children to buy votes. But dependency is what they are
all about.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/12/19 7:27 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
What's your solution for an ectopic pregnancy?

Wow! And you think I don't listen to a word you say either.

To repeat myself, YET AGAIN!

If you are someone else is threatened with deadly force, you
are justified in the use of deadly force to protect yourself
and others.

Who many times do I need to repeat that?

Get it yet? You can't go killing someone unless they are trying
to kill you or someone else. "Inconvenience" IS NOT JUSTIFIED.

Murdering a child because you wanted a boy/girl and the
child is a girl/boy or you decided you wanted a motorcycles
instead (I had to work with a monster that did that) or you just
want to fornicate on the front lawn like a dog, IS NOT
JUSTIFIED. IT IS EVIL.

Jesus said that "whatsoever you do unto the least of you, you
do unto me". You Atheists better hope (I won't say pray) we
are full of s***!

Thou shalt not murder!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14/09/2019 07:21, T wrote:
On 9/12/19 7:27 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
What's your solution for an ectopic pregnancy?

Wow!Â* And you think I don't listen to a word you say either.

To repeat myself, YET AGAIN!

If you are someone else is threatened with deadly force, you
are justified in the use of deadly force to protect yourself
and others.

Who many times do I need to repeat that?

Get it yet?Â* You can't go killing someone unless they are trying
to kill you or someone else.Â* "Inconvenience" IS NOT JUSTIFIED.

Murdering a child because you wanted a boy/girl and the
child is a girl/boy or you decided you wanted a motorcycles
instead (I had to work with a monster that did that) or you just
want to fornicate on the front lawn like a dog, IS NOT
JUSTIFIED.Â* IT IS EVIL.

Jesus said that "whatsoever you do unto the least of you, you
do unto me".Â* You Atheists better hope (I won't say pray) we
are full of s***!

Thou shalt not murder!!!!!

How strange then that in the Bible, words having to do with killing
significantly outnumber words having to do with love. FACT.

https://infidels.org/library/modern/.../atrocity.html

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14/09/2019 08:10, Bod wrote:
On 14/09/2019 07:21, T wrote:
[...]

GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and
decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the
face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the
greatest mass murderer in history.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/14/19 3:11 AM, Bod wrote:
On 14/09/2019 08:10, Bod wrote:
On 14/09/2019 07:21, T wrote:

Thou shalt not murder!!!!!

How strange then that in the Bible, words having to do with killing significantly outnumber words having to do with love. FACT.

https://infidels.org/library/modern/.../atrocity.html

GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.

Oh well, after seeing the democrats in action, I'm thinking she needs to cull the herd again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/14/2019 12:09 AM, T wrote:
When the racist democrats decided it was okay to destroy the
black family to buy votes, things went to hell in our black
community. Christians churches are doing their damnedest.
If would be so much worse without them.

Evelyn Waugh, by all accounts, was a first class prick. He'd also
converted to Catholicism and was quite devout. When someone asked how he
squared the two he replied 'were I not a Christian I would be even more
horrible.'

While there are many spins Luke 14:26 describes a path aimed at
individual salvation at the cost of family and folk. Fortunately most
Christians don't take that seriously which brings us to the problem of
the cafeteria approach, cherry picking the scriptures to fit the occasion.

I would have to assume many of the 'racist' Democrats were good Southern
Baptists. I haven't read the book but the author argues that even FDR
was a convinced Episopalian:

https://auburnseminary.org/voices/le...ano-roosevelt/