Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Sincere question with landmines

On 09/13/2019 07:05 PM, T wrote:
From what I heard it takes three generations. Society has
a vested interest in parents behaving appropriately. So
put them in prison and put their kinds in a safe
position.

"We have seen more than once that the public welfare may call upon the
best citizens for their lives. It would be strange if it could not call
upon those who already sap the strength of the State for these lesser
sacrifices, often not felt to be such by those concerned, to prevent our
being swamped with incompetence. It is better for all the world, if
instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let
them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are
manifestly unfit from continuing their kind. The principle that sustains
compulsory vaccination is broad enough to cover cutting the Fallopian
tubes. Three generations of imbeciles are enough."

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Buck v. Bell

In 1927 the US was not afraid to promote positive eugenics and the doors
were open to every misbegotten lump of protoplasm that vaguely resembled
a human.