Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Sincere question with landmines

On 09/14/2019 12:09 AM, T wrote:
When the racist democrats decided it was okay to destroy the
black family to buy votes, things went to hell in our black
community. Christians churches are doing their damnedest.
If would be so much worse without them.

Evelyn Waugh, by all accounts, was a first class prick. He'd also
converted to Catholicism and was quite devout. When someone asked how he
squared the two he replied 'were I not a Christian I would be even more
horrible.'

While there are many spins Luke 14:26 describes a path aimed at
individual salvation at the cost of family and folk. Fortunately most
Christians don't take that seriously which brings us to the problem of
the cafeteria approach, cherry picking the scriptures to fit the occasion.

I would have to assume many of the 'racist' Democrats were good Southern
Baptists. I haven't read the book but the author argues that even FDR
was a convinced Episopalian:

https://auburnseminary.org/voices/le...ano-roosevelt/