Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sincere question with landmines

On 9/12/2019 10:35 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 10:15:49 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/12/2019 6:40 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 6:06:43 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 9/11/19 2:16 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Paul Harvey used to often talk about "abortion after the fact" Unwanted,
unloved, abused children that would be dead in the first year or two.
Would it have been better if they were aborted in the first few
weeks?Â*Â*CertainlyÂ*lessÂ*painÂ*andÂ*suffering.

So you are actually doing the child a favor? Get his
permission by chance? Murder me my life sucks?

Two-thirds of abortions occur prior to 8 weeks' gestation.
About 25% are at 9-13 weeks.

Medically speaking, any naturally occurring end to pregnancy
prior to 24 weeks is a miscarriage.

A fetus isn't a person. It has no personality, no intellect.

And when you get old and enfeebled it is alright to murder
you because your quality of life sucks? My evaluation
of your situation, yours does not count?

If we treated pets the way we treat sick old people, we'd be brought
up on charges. I'm very much in favor of assisted suicide and for
the de-stigmatization of suicide in general.

If some nurse gave me a double shot of morphine, I wouldn't be around
after the fact to complain, and my last words might be "thank you".

Cindy Hamilton

The problem with T and those like him/her is they have a very limited
view of real life. They believe life begins at conception and nothing
will change their mind. Quick to point out adoption, but is is not
simple to get those abused kids away from the abusive parents.

I asked how it is that Mr. T and others know that life begins at
conception. How do they know that their God doesn't insert a soul
making it human at 8 weeks or at birth? To me, it seems very logical
that a few cells have no soul, they aren't a human being. Where along
the continuum it becomes a human, IDK.

You won't get an answer because they can't give one. You can believe
anything you want, but that does not make it so.

You can make arguments for other stages of development such as
heartbeat, ability to live outside, etc, but the original mass of tissue
is a hard one to prove.