Posted to alt.home.repair

Default death in group

In article ,
Don Wiss wrote:

But as I argue elsewhere, I doubt there is a hatch, but a stairs leading to
the tower that is in the front corner of the store. This means there is a
door to a small room with the stairs near the front entrance.

I can't see Wallgreen (or even the soon-to-be-owned-by-Wallgreen RiteAid
across the street) sacrificing retail space at the front of their store
for a staircase. Maybe they did. Corner entrance stores I've seen have
registers along one wall and shelf space along the other. I suppose
there could be a catwalk above the ceiling so the stairs wouldn't have
to be right at the front, but I wouldn't be suprized at all the the
whole facade, including the little window, is wholely decorative.

I wonder how they got him down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, (Fake ID) wrote:

but I wouldn't be suprized at all the the
whole facade, including the little window, is wholely decorative.

There is clearly a tower on the roof in the front corner:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...!4d-77.0561319

I wonder how they got him down.

Wearing nose plugs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 6:15:27 PM UTC-5, Don Wiss wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, (Fake ID) wrote:

but I wouldn't be suprized at all the the
whole facade, including the little window, is wholely decorative.

There is clearly a tower on the roof in the front corner:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...!4d-77.0561319

I wonder how they got him down.

Wearing nose plugs.

....and the baking process would make him lighter!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Aug 2016, Robert Green wrote:

His family would appreciate all the kind words said about him here but

they
probably never will know.

I'm working on that. I'm waiting for a response from a known friend of

his.

Thanks for that effort. The point still his how many people that we chat
with regularly could just disappear (and probably have) without anyone
knowing what happened to them? Had he died at home, I don't think we would
have known because it wouldn't have made the newspaper.

I was once a police reporter. Three days of him lying on the roof in the
hot summer isn't going to be a very pretty sight as birds come very quickly.
I scrapped with Stormy often, but I wouldn't wish that sort of death on
anyone.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2016 7:29 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"Don Wiss" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Aug 2016, Robert Green wrote:

His family would appreciate all the kind words said about him here but

they
probably never will know.

I'm working on that. I'm waiting for a response from a known friend of

his.

Thanks for that effort. The point still his how many people that we chat
with regularly could just disappear (and probably have) without anyone
knowing what happened to them? Had he died at home, I don't think we would
have known because it wouldn't have made the newspaper.

I was once a police reporter. Three days of him lying on the roof in the
hot summer isn't going to be a very pretty sight as birds come very quickly.
I scrapped with Stormy often, but I wouldn't wish that sort of death on
anyone.

He wasn't nibbled to death by ducks, for god's sake, he died of a heart
attack(?). After you're dead you tend to not feel anything, smell
anything, etc. Dead is dead. Cremate him, bury him, let him rot in the
desert and become mummified. It only gives the living pause. Stormy is
beyond all that human crap.'

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, Robert Green wrote:

I'm waiting for a response from a known friend of his.

Thanks for that effort.

I gather you saw my post with the details, and the lack of a response.

The point still is how many people that we chat
with regularly could just disappear (and probably have) without anyone
knowing what happened to them? Had he died at home, I don't think we would
have known because it wouldn't have made the newspaper.

Correct. Though in some groups, e.g. rec.food.cooking, many have also
become friends outside the group, and some deaths are known and reported. I
don't remember now how we found out that Robert L. Bass in
comp.home.automation died.

I was once a police reporter. Three days of him lying on the roof in the
hot summer isn't going to be a very pretty sight as birds come very quickly.
I scrapped with Stormy often, but I wouldn't wish that sort of death on
anyone.

I wasn't thinking of the birds. Ugh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Aug 2016, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Dead is dead. Cremate him, bury him, let him rot in the
desert and become mummified. It only gives the living pause. Stormy is
beyond all that human crap.'

The Mormons place an emphasis on the sanctity of the body as a creation of
God. As a result, many Mormons do not believe in doing anything destructive
to the body, even after death.

The Mormon faith includes the belief in resurrection. Despite the fact that
cremation reduces remains to ash, the church holds that God is capable of
restoring the pieces together at the time of resurrection.

Posted to alt.home.repair

He is gone, and what we can do to honor his having participated in this group is to try to be polite in our responses to those posting we do not agree with. That is what he would have wished us to do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

He wasn't nibbled to death by ducks, for god's sake, he died of a heart
attack(?). After you're dead you tend to not feel anything, smell
anything, etc. Dead is dead. Cremate him, bury him, let him rot in the
desert and become mummified. It only gives the living pause. Stormy is
beyond all that human crap.'

Somebody had to bag him and tag him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Wiss wrote:

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016, "Marcus Welby, MD" wrote:

Having an EMT or PA on staff wouldn't hurt.

That Walgreens has "Immunizations available." So for at least some hours of
the day there is a nurse by the pharmacy. I wouldn't think they would have
a PA to give shots.

They don't have a nurse give shots. What happens is that one of the
pharmacy staff takes a short course on giving immunizations (my
impression is that it's half a day) and then does all the shots. My
son works for Walgreens and I've had immunizations at CVS both in NYS
and that's what both do. Other states may vary.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 3:31:50 PM UTC-4, Don Wiss wrote:

Do you know how to contact his sister? Do you have any more information on
Chris's death?

No, I got all my info here. I know someone posted that they sent an email
to the funeral home and got no response. Who knows what happened there.
You would think the FH would send it on to his sister or other family
members.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

[end of included excerpt]

I suppose someone could call the phone number for Mr. Key.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bud Frede" wrote in message
"Robert Green" writes:

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
[...]

Why? He was dead already, so who cares what happens to the corpse?
(Other than the people who had to come pick it up.)

You nailed it. Nasty on them and on relatives who sometimes have to ID them
or unwisely request a final viewing of the body.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/29/2016 04:29 AM, Bud Frede wrote:
I've had more Mormons show up at the front door than Jehovah's
Witlesses. With the Witlesses, I just tell them I'm a Satanist. For the
Mormons I ask them why they belong to a cult and if they're aware that
the founder of the Mormon Church was a petty thief and con man.

I haven't had either show up at my door in a long time. Maybe it's the
bikes in the driveway or my general Heathen attitude. I don't have any
use for any of those middle Eastern religions from Mo and the boys onward.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/29/2016 04:44 AM, Bud Frede wrote:
Somehow I can't imagine Heaven having a sewage
treatment plant, so does it miraculously all just disappear?

Heaven certainly does have a sewage treatment plant; It's located in
Washington DC. And unfortunately the turds don't just disappear.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 11:33:03 AM UTC-5, misanthrope wrote:
http://www.chronicle-express.com/new...oof-identified

Posted Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:32 AM

PENN YAN €“
Penn Yan Police have identified the man who died last week the roof of
the Walgreen's Drug Store on the corner of Liberty and Elm Streets in
Penn Yan.
Police Chief Mark Hulse reports that Christopher A. Young, 54, of
Farmington, was admitted to the roof of Walgreens by internal access
Tuesday, July 19 to clean the roof drains. There he suffered a heart
related incident and died.
As an independent contractor hired by the Walgreens Corp., Hulse says no
one at the store knew Young's name nor noticed when he did not come down
from the roof. Young's unattended vehicle was later reported to police
who attempted to contact him, but the connection to the man who went up
on the roof was not made until store employees checked the store
security video, and then discovered his body on the roof at 2:10 p.m.
July 22.
Young's name was withheld by police until his family had been notified.
He lived alone with no one to report him missing. Hulse says Young had
only a sister living near him, but it was not unusual for them to be out
of touch for periods of time.
Young's body was removed to Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital where
the post mortem was performed by a local pathologist, Dr. Dean, who
ruled the death to be by natural causes related to the heart.
Local Walgreens store management referred all questions to Walgreens
Corporation Media Relations Dept. personnel, who refused to comment.

I hesitate to post this but you can find his obituary by going to Legacy.com and searching for his name in New York. He left a sister and two nieces. On that site you can leave messages to the family and friends (be polite).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 10:29:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Always, in such a situation. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2016 5:20 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I miss Stormy posting here. He was a nice guy with a dry sense of
humor. I'm sad he went so suddenly and didn't have a chance to say
good-bye to his family or friends.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-08-31 11:24 AM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

and shot him.
I hesitate to post this but you can find his obituary by going to Legacy.com and searching for his name in New York. He left a sister and two nieces. On that site you can leave messages to the family and friends (be polite).

Always, in such a situation. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I miss Stormy posting here. He was a nice guy with a dry sense of
humor. I'm sad he went so suddenly and didn't have a chance to say
good-bye to his family or friends.

We don't know all the facts, the cops thought it was a B&E and shot him.

--
Froz....

OT Death Ray? harryagain[_2_] UK diy 22 December 18th 14 04:48 PM
DIY death Roland Perry UK diy 29 December 13th 13 04:46 PM
The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted tothis group will make your email address visible to anyone on the Internet. gro Electronics Repair 4 February 21st 09 01:53 AM
The sudden death [email protected] UK diy 1 January 1st 08 04:16 PM
DIY death ARWadsworth UK diy 56 September 28th 05 11:19 PM