Posted to alt.home.repair

Default death in group

http://www.chronicle-express.com/new...oof-identified

Posted Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:32 AM

PENN YAN –
Penn Yan Police have identified the man who died last week the roof of
the Walgreen's Drug Store on the corner of Liberty and Elm Streets in
Penn Yan.
Police Chief Mark Hulse reports that Christopher A. Young, 54, of
Farmington, was admitted to the roof of Walgreens by internal access
Tuesday, July 19 to clean the roof drains. There he suffered a heart
related incident and died.
As an independent contractor hired by the Walgreens Corp., Hulse says no
one at the store knew Young's name nor noticed when he did not come down
from the roof. Young's unattended vehicle was later reported to police
who attempted to contact him, but the connection to the man who went up
on the roof was not made until store employees checked the store
security video, and then discovered his body on the roof at 2:10 p.m.
July 22.
Young's name was withheld by police until his family had been notified.
He lived alone with no one to report him missing. Hulse says Young had
only a sister living near him, but it was not unusual for them to be out
of touch for periods of time.
Young's body was removed to Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital where
the post mortem was performed by a local pathologist, Dr. Dean, who
ruled the death to be by natural causes related to the heart.
Local Walgreens store management referred all questions to Walgreen’s
Corporation Media Relations Dept. personnel, who refused to comment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 11:32:58 -0500, misanthrope
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the link. The Mormon said before he drove a Blazer, maybe
he said it was red in color. I didn't get a street view of his
trailer. Can somebody see the truck in the yard or I'll keep trying.

Address: 309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2016 12:54 PM, Oren wrote:
309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425

Reddish something there but Google Earth has no street view.
Also looks like a trailer. Age is about right from what I remember.
Sounds like him. Real shame as he was a lively contributor here and did
appear to like to help people. Will miss him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2016 9:32 AM, misanthrope wrote:
[...]

LOL! ****IN' LOSER FRIES!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2016 11:21 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/4/2016 12:54 PM, Oren wrote:
309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425

Reddish something there but Google Earth has no street view.
Also looks like a trailer. Age is about right from what I remember.
Sounds like him. Real shame as he was a lively contributor here and did
appear to like to help people. Will miss him.

Speak fer yerself, Frank.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 14:21:58 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

Real shame as he was a lively contributor here and did
appear to like to help people. Will miss him.

Chris was a fun guy to pick on, he didn't always know Rednecks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2016 3:31 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 14:21:58 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

Real shame as he was a lively contributor here and did
appear to like to help people. Will miss him.

Chris was a fun guy to pick on, he didn't always know Rednecks.

I never thought I picked on him but occasionally he misread my posts or
I was not clear. I'm often guilty of the same thing.
Nice to know that he was well thought of by most here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

And now Danny will never find out what Stormin claimed he knew,
but wouldn't tell him, about how to fix his fridge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2016 12:32 PM, misanthrope wrote:

[...]

And this *is* "our" Christopher A. Young?

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 13:23:45 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 3:46:42 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

And now Danny will never find out what Stormin claimed he knew,
but wouldn't tell him, about how to fix his fridge.

Know what I mean Vern?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 4:29:49 PM UTC-4, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
[...]

See the other thread, a lot of evidence it is. Stormin's last post here was on July 19. The police say the person that died at Walgreens went to the
roof on that day, to clean roof drains. That was the type of work that
Stormin could have been doing, right? I know he lived in upstate NY, not
sure where, but the death is in upstate. And someone tracked down the
address of the person that died on google earth and verified it was a
trailer, Stormin lived in a trailer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Stormy, I know you will be remembered fondly by many members of this group. We will definitely miss you. God bless
you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default death in group -- Christopher A. Young -- Stormin Mormon

In ,
trader_4 typed:
wrote:
[...]

Yes, as you said, it appears to be true.

Very sad news. I always enjoyed his posts. He had a good sense of humor,
posted some really clever stuff, and he genuinely tried to be helpful in his
posts in response to others' questions.

Someone here had posted his possible/probable address in Farmington, NY and
was looking for a "Street View" map of his address. I searched the address
on BingMaps.com and it also showed a link for that address which was
http://www.chrisyoungsshop.com/wordpress/ and that link referred to the
kinds of things he did such as locksmithing, heating/refrigeration, etc.
BingMaps.com has what is called a "Birds Eye" view setting that gives a good
aerial view of his address.

I also looked up the address of the Walgreen's in the article ( 226 Liberty
Street, Penn Yan, NY ) at BingMaps.com and did a Bird's Eye view of that
Walgreen's.

Although there is no way to really be sure just from the news article, but I
suspect that he did not suffer in his passing even though the article said
that he was not found for a number of days. I say this based several
factors. He apparently was up on a flat roof based on the Bird's Eye view
of the property and got access from inside the Walgreen's. So, he was in an
open space and not "stuck" somewhere. And, I assume that he had a cell
phone. So, if he was conscious, but suffering in any way (chest pain,
trouble breathing, dizziness, etc), he would have called 9-1-1. My guess is
that is simply had a "cardiac event", such as what is sometimes called
"sudden cardiac death" (and/or an episode of V-fib -- "ventricular
fibrillation") which basically just causes someone to immediately pass out
unconscious and, if not corrected/resolved, the person never wakes up. In
other words, no suffering -- almost like falling asleep. I only mention
this because in situations similar to this, people always wonder if the
person was alone and suffering for a long time before dying. My guess is
that he never even knew what happened, he just had an arrhythmia and
immediately passed out unconscious and never woke up.

One of his last posts here that I was able to find was the following, which
was an example of his good natured sense of humor that will be missed. He
wrote:

SUBJECT: Danny D bettting Pool on refrigerator (July 13, 2016)

Some out there has to have experience running
a betting pool. Will Danny D repair his
refrigrator, or replace? What date? And will
he choose the outcome, or will his wife
issue an executive order?

My vote is: replace. June 21. By EO.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

To our friend, Christopher A. Young, a.k.a. Stormin Mormon -- may you
Rest In Peace

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.chronicle-express.com/new...oof-identified

Posted Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Thanks for the link. The Mormon said before he drove a Blazer, maybe
he said it was red in color. I didn't get a street view of his
trailer. Can somebody see the truck in the yard or I'll keep trying.

Address: 309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425

Hard to determine the exact trailer on Zillow
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale...89_rect/18_zm/

There is one that looks to have a red vehicle though.
The article seems to fit the description of Chris though. Sad way to
go. He was a character.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Ed Pawlowski typed:
wrote:

http://www.chronicle-express.com/new...oof-identified

Posted Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Thanks for the link. The Mormon said before he drove a Blazer, maybe
he said it was red in color. I didn't get a street view of his
trailer. Can somebody see the truck in the yard or I'll keep trying.

Address: 309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425

Hard to determine the exact trailer on Zillow
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale...89_rect/18_zm/

There is one that looks to have a red vehicle though.
The article seems to fit the description of Chris though. Sad way to
go. He was a character.

Sad, yes. But, my guess, as I wrote elsewhere, is that he did not suffer
and probably didn't even know what happened -- probably just suddenly passed
out unconscious while on the flat roof and did not wake up. Speculation, I
know, but that is my guess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2016 2:21 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/4/2016 12:54 PM, Oren wrote:
309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425

Reddish something there but Google Earth has no street view.
Also looks like a trailer. Age is about right from what I remember.
Sounds like him. Real shame as he was a lively contributor here and did
appear to like to help people. Will miss him.

Considering the date of the accident and his last post, I'm sure it's
him. All will be confirmed as time marches on without him chiming in.

It sucks to see young (yes he was still young) people go so soon. I
encourage everyone to never stop exercising and eating healthy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 11:33:03 AM UTC-5, misanthrope wrote:
[...]

https://www.facebook.com/christopher.young.7524 Last post: July 19, 8:10AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 4:39:18 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

"Upstate NY" constitutes a very large part of the state. I can see how from your perspective
"not sure where" leaves a smidgen of doubt. Allow me to clear that up for you.

Being very familiar with the area in which Stormy lived based on clues he has given over the
years, I have no doubt that this is he. Farmington is one Thruway exit from Rochester and Penn Yan is about 35 miles farther south. There are lots of clues in Stormy's posts that he was from the
Rochester area.

Lots of people commute from the Farmington (and even Penn Yan) area to work (and attend church) in Rochester. My travels take me to that part of NY quite often. This is he.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

RIP Chris, I'm sure you're cracking jokes wherever you are my friend. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2016 4:23 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 3:46:42 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

And now Danny will never find out what Stormin claimed he knew,
but wouldn't tell him, about how to fix his fridge.

His obituary will read, "in lieu of flowers, please donate to buy Danny
a new refrigerator"

Chris would have seen the humor in that too. He was a fun contributor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per TomR:
Very sad news. I always enjoyed his posts. He had a good sense of humor,
posted some really clever stuff, and he genuinely tried to be helpful in his
posts in response to others' questions.

+1
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2016 6:04 PM, TomR wrote:
In ,
Ed Pawlowski typed:
wrote:

http://www.chronicle-express.com/new...oof-identified

Posted Jul. 25, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Thanks for the link. The Mormon said before he drove a Blazer, maybe
he said it was red in color. I didn't get a street view of his
trailer. Can somebody see the truck in the yard or I'll keep trying.

Address: 309 Dale Drive, Farmington NY,, 14425

Hard to determine the exact trailer on Zillow
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale...89_rect/18_zm/

There is one that looks to have a red vehicle though.
The article seems to fit the description of Chris though. Sad way to
go. He was a character.

Sad, yes. But, my guess, as I wrote elsewhere, is that he did not suffer
and probably didn't even know what happened -- probably just suddenly passed
out unconscious while on the flat roof and did not wake up. Speculation, I
know, but that is my guess.

Yes, you are probably correct. I'd want to go like that but not on top
of a roof. From what he's posted over the years he was a hard working
guy making enough to get buy but often helped others. I hope he goes
wherever Mormons hope to go after death.
Posted to alt.home.repair

TomR wrote:
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.

To our friend, Christopher A. Young, a.k.a. Stormin Mormon -- may you
Rest In Peace

do you think he's learning anything about Jesus
now?

RIP

songbird
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2016 09:32 AM, misanthrope wrote:
[...]

He will be sorely missed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

An Orthodox Christian prayer for Stormin.

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death
and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou,
the same Lord, give rest to the souls of Thy departed servants
in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of
repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away.
Pardon every transgression which they have committed, whether
by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest
mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin,
for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all
eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of
Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and
unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, who is
from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, and life-creating
Spirit, now and ever unto ages of ages. Amen.

A personal request from me. Lord, he was a good man and was good
to total strangers. Please accept him into your arms. And Stomin'
when you get all settled in, we all could use your prayers,
especially me. Hopefully, I will seeing you in the future and
would love to have long conversations with you again.

Yours in Christ,
-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 5:22:41 PM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/christopher.young.7524 Last post: July 19, 8:10AM

I just clicked this link and got this message:

"Sorry, this page isn't available.
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 9:18:28 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
[...]

Agree, his advice helped me out on a lot of projects over the years. A good guy.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2016 8:40 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
[...]

I'm with you Paul, I ran into Stormin years ago on alt.hvac where he
was the only person helpful to home owners, and he took a lot of flack
for it.
I always enjoyed Stormin and will miss him.
I made a post on alt.hvac on 7-13, subject, "Home air conditioner not
cooling well" (I admit I did it as a knock on those that never help)
Stormin's response was little out of character, but I managed to tell
him how I appreciated his help and that I had love for him.
I feel good that we had that exchange, because a gave him kudos
a couple of times in the the thread.
I'll miss you Stormin.
Mikek
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 11:32:58 -0500, misanthrope wrote:

http://www.chronicle-express.com/new...oof-identified

Police Chief Mark Hulse reports that Christopher A. Young, 54, of
Farmington, was admitted to the roof of Walgreens by internal access
Tuesday, July 19 to clean the roof drains. There he suffered a heart
related incident and died.

Very sad to hear. It reminds me of Robert L Bass in comp.home.automation.
He was a major contributor there. After he died the newsgroup died. But it
was a smaller group.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2016 05:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/4/2016 6:04 PM, TomR wrote:
In ,
Ed Pawlowski typed:
wrote:

[...]

If not, I'd not be too worried about him. As Jesus said:

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say
unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least
of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
--Matthew 25:40 (KJV)

He was a good guy. The Lord knows him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

And this *is* "our" Christopher A. Young?

http://www.local.com/business/detail...shop-15512350/

Chris Young's lock shop in Farmington certainly sounds like him:

Mobile service since 1986. Locksmith services: Repair or install locks.
Rekey, recreate lost keys. Unlocking, too. Refrigeration and
refrigerator repair. We repair freon devices such as refrigerators. Both
household and commercial equipment. Air conditioning. We repair and
install AC in homes and business. Low on freon? We can help.

Unless there's another Christopher Young in Farmington NY. I picked on
him but I'll miss him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per TomR:
Very sad news. I always enjoyed his posts. He had a good sense of humor,
posted some really clever stuff, and he genuinely tried to be helpful in
his
posts in response to others' questions.

+1
--
Pete Cresswell

I second that and I am sorry to here that, Old group slowly disappearing????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/04/2016 08:22 PM, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Breaks my heart that he had to die alone. I hope
the Lord sent an angle or saint to hold him up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 22:33:06 -0700, T wrote:

Breaks my heart that he had to die alone. I hope
the Lord sent an angle or saint to hold him up.

I liked him, and will miss him posting here.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 01:07:15 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 22:33:06 -0700, T wrote:

Breaks my heart that he had to die alone. I hope
the Lord sent an angle or saint to hold him up.

I liked him, and will miss him posting here.

Same here. I used to see his posts on many newsgroups besides this one
and always wondered if he spent ALL his time on the computer. I had some
fun screwing with him over the years, but it was all in fun.

I did find it rather shocking to learn he lived alone, knowing how
mormons usually have multiple wives... Then I always thought, how could
he spend so much time on the internet and satisfy all his wives at the
same time.... (Did his computer have a multitasking sex port, which
allowed his to post to usenet while having sex?)

I too will miss him. When I first read this thread, I thought it was
just someone with the same name, but after reading all the efforts many
of you have put into investigating this, It appears it really is him.

He will be missed here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 12:33:07 AM UTC-5, T wrote:
[...]

When I had a heart attack, I was standing in line with a shopping cart full of stuff. I came to on the floor with my head in the lap of a young woman who was patting my face. The store is 2 blocks from a fire station and paramedics. I had a very sore chest when I settled down in the ICU and was told that my heart had stopped in the ambulance. A big paramedic had beat the crap out of my chest to restart my heart. Paramedics saved my life because they were right there treating me within a few minutes of me hitting the floor. I was lucky and if my friend Chris had been on the roof with a helper, he might be online right now posting the story of his close call. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Lucky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 06:14:27 -0400, Bud Frede
wrote:

Breaks my heart that he had to die alone. I hope
the Lord sent an angle or saint to hold him up.

I guess an angle could have held him up.

That depends on whether that angle has the proper degree.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I get attached to people and really miss them when they're gone.

--
Maggie

OT Death Ray? harryagain[_2_] UK diy 22 December 18th 14 04:48 PM
DIY death Roland Perry UK diy 29 December 13th 13 04:46 PM
The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted tothis group will make your email address visible to anyone on the Internet. gro Electronics Repair 4 February 21st 09 01:53 AM
The sudden death [email protected] UK diy 1 January 1st 08 04:16 PM
DIY death ARWadsworth UK diy 56 September 28th 05 11:19 PM