Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY death

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25319071

"Two people were killed when fumes from DIY work built up and
caused an explosion, an inquest has heard."
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/12/2013 14:21, Roland Perry wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25319071

"Two people were killed when fumes from DIY work built up and
caused an explosion, an inquest has heard."

I thought that Christmas time was supposed to be happy and jolly, so why
are there three "nasty" deaths reported here today? Could not someone
report death by drowning in a vast of whisky, preferably in a high
quality brothel?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:53:16 +0000, Broadback wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25319071

"Two people were killed when fumes from DIY work built up and
caused an explosion, an inquest has heard."

I thought that Christmas time was supposed to be happy and jolly, so why
are there three "nasty" deaths reported here today? Could not someone
report death by drowning in a vast of whisky, preferably in a high
quality brothel?

Feel free to give us the excuse to do so.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:21:52 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25319071

"Two people were killed when fumes from DIY work built up and
caused an explosion, an inquest has heard."

"Leslie Rourke, 71, is thought to have used at least 12 cans of
inflammable foam to treat damp in a confined cellar"

"They had bought 18 cans of it to fill up the coal chute in the cellar to
get rid of damp, he said."

Sounds like the house acted in self-defence.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Adrian
writes
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:53:16 +0000, Broadback wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25319071

"Two people were killed when fumes from DIY work built up and
caused an explosion, an inquest has heard."

I thought that Christmas time was supposed to be happy and jolly, so why
are there three "nasty" deaths reported here today? Could not someone
report death by drowning in a vast of whisky, preferably in a high
quality brothel?

Feel free to give us the excuse to do so.

OK ... from a link on the above page, we could all be dead by Xmas, so
you might as well spend all your money on the whiskey and sex
Nick (=----)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/12/2013 16:58, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:21:52 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25319071

"Two people were killed when fumes from DIY work built up and
caused an explosion, an inquest has heard."

"Leslie Rourke, 71, is thought to have used at least 12 cans of
inflammable foam to treat damp in a confined cellar"

"They had bought 18 cans of it to fill up the coal chute in the cellar to
get rid of damp, he said."

Sounds like the house acted in self-defence.

Certainly cured the damp!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:

I thought that Christmas time was supposed to be happy and jolly, so why
are there three "nasty" deaths reported here today? Could not someone
report death by drowning in a vast of whisky, preferably in a high
quality brothel?

Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the road
from me got raided this morning.

http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

Suspect they got charged extra to enter by the front *and* back entrances.

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"D.M.Chapman" wrote in message
In article ,
Broadback wrote:

I thought that Christmas time was supposed to be happy and jolly, so why
are there three "nasty" deaths reported here today? Could not someone
report death by drowning in a vast of whisky, preferably in a high
quality brothel?

Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the road
from me got raided this morning.

http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

Suspect they got charged extra to enter by the front *and* back entrances.

It's a "sauna"

http://www.shiftbusiness.co.uk/profi...olkestone.html

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"D.M.Chapman" wrote in message...
Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the road
from me got raided this morning.
http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

drops out of lurk mode

Haven't the police got better things to do than arrest people for nothing
more than wanting to indulge in a little "hanky panky"?

--
Best Wishes
Simon (Dark Angel)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:32:43 +0000, D.M.Chapman wrote:

In article ,
Broadback wrote:

I thought that Christmas time was supposed to be happy and jolly, so why
are there three "nasty" deaths reported here today? Could not someone
report death by drowning in a vast of whisky, preferably in a high
quality brothel?

Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the
road from me got raided this morning.

http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

Suspect they got charged extra to enter by the front *and* back
entrances.

Bet you didn't have eight police vehicles, a dog handler and an armed
response unit - as we did a while ago for the brothel next door.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:

Bet you didn't have eight police vehicles, a dog handler and an armed
response unit - as we did a while ago for the brothel next door.

Heh, dunno. Was 11am this morning apparantly. Good curry house next
door though :-)

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Simon T wrote:

Haven't the police got better things to do than arrest people for nothing
more than wanting to indulge in a little "hanky panky"?

Seems no arrests made:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/folkesto...ts-raid-10070/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Adrian
writes
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:21:52 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25319071

"Two people were killed when fumes from DIY work built up and
caused an explosion, an inquest has heard."

"Leslie Rourke, 71, is thought to have used at least 12 cans of
inflammable foam to treat damp in a confined cellar"

"They had bought 18 cans of it to fill up the coal chute in the cellar to
get rid of damp, he said."

Sounds like the house acted in self-defence.

No wait for some jobs worth to propose a licence to use foam
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:03:18 -0000, Nick wrote:

In message , Adrian
writes

Maybe we should stop worrying about this imaginary global warming **** then.

--
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:57:14 -0000, Simon T wrote:

"D.M.Chapman" wrote in message...
Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the road
from me got raided this morning.
http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

drops out of lurk mode

Haven't the police got better things to do than arrest people for nothing
more than wanting to indulge in a little "hanky panky"?

It's about time we reduced the size of the police force, there obviously isn't enough real crime to keep them busy.

--
"When one engine fails on a twin-engine aeroplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

I thought that Christmas time was supposed to be happy and jolly, so why
are there three "nasty" deaths reported here today? Could not someone
report death by drowning in a vast of whisky, preferably in a high
quality brothel?

Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the
road from me got raided this morning.

http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

Suspect they got charged extra to enter by the front *and* back
entrances.

Bet you didn't have eight police vehicles, a dog handler and an armed
response unit - as we did a while ago for the brothel next door.

Can't they queue up like everyone else?

--
English German
Indicators ---- Die Blinkenleiten Tickentocken
Bonnet ---- Pullnob und Knucklechopper
Exhaust ---- Die Spitzenpoppenbangentuben
Speedometer ---- Der Egobooster und Linenshooter
Clutch ---- Die Kuplink mit schlippen und shaken
Puncture ---- Die Phlatt mit Bludy****en
Learner Driver ---- Die ****ten mit Elplatz
Estate Car ---- Der Bagmooroomfurshagginauto
Parking Meter ---- Der Tennerpinscher und Klockenwerr
Windscreen Wiper ---- Der Flippenflappenmuckenschpredder
Footbrake ---- Der Edbangeronvindschreen Stoppend
Gear Lever ---- Biggen Sticken fur Kangaroochoppen
Breathalyser ---- Die Pu titintem fur Pistenarsen
Seat Belt ---- Der Klunkenklikker Frauleintrapper
Headlights ---- Das Dippendontdazzleyubastad
Exhaust Fumes ---- Der Koffenundschpittpoluter
Highway Code ---- Der Wipan fur Arsen
Fog Warning ---- Die Puttenlegdownen und Fukkit
Traffic Jam ---- Die Bluddifukkink Dammundblast
Rear Seat ---- Der Schpringentester
Backfire ---- Der Lowdenbangenmekkenjumpen
Articulated Lorry ---- Der Fukkengrett Trukken
Accident ---- Der Bleedinmess
Near Accident ---- Der Fukken Near Schittsenselfen
Service Station ---- Der Heiway Robberungen
Cyclist ---- Der Pedallpushink Pilloken
Double White lines ---- Overtakenund Krunchen
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:21:52 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25319071

"Two people were killed when fumes from DIY work built up and
caused an explosion, an inquest has heard."

Why on earth are we still using a flammable gas as a propellant?

--
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Simon T" writes:
"D.M.Chapman" wrote in message...
Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the road
from me got raided this morning.
http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

drops out of lurk mode

Haven't the police got better things to do than arrest people for nothing
more than wanting to indulge in a little "hanky panky"?

Reminds me of a story I heard many years back (when I was at university).
Police raided a brothel in Edinburgh. In spite of a good search and some
ladies there, there was nothing they could find to charge them with.
Whilst scraping the bottom of the barrel to find something, they got the
council in who confimed there had been several walls built without building
consent. The building owner was tackled by the council for unauthorised
erections.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 21:18:34 -0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Simon T" writes:
"D.M.Chapman" wrote in message...
Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the road
from me got raided this morning.
http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

drops out of lurk mode

Haven't the police got better things to do than arrest people for nothing
more than wanting to indulge in a little "hanky panky"?

Reminds me of a story I heard many years back (when I was at university).
Police raided a brothel in Edinburgh. In spite of a good search and some
ladies there, there was nothing they could find to charge them with.
Whilst scraping the bottom of the barrel to find something, they got the
council in who confimed there had been several walls built without building
consent. The building owner was tackled by the council for unauthorised
erections.

ROFL!

--
What do you call an aerobics instructor who doesn't cause pain & agony?
Unemployed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

I thought that Christmas time was supposed to be happy and jolly, so
why
are there three "nasty" deaths reported here today? Could not someone
report death by drowning in a vast of whisky, preferably in a high
quality brothel?

Can't offer "high quality brothel", but the "massage parlour" up the
road from me got raided this morning.

http://www.folkestoneherald.co.uk/st...ail/story.html

Suspect they got charged extra to enter by the front *and* back
entrances.

Bet you didn't have eight police vehicles, a dog handler and an armed
response unit - as we did a while ago for the brothel next door.

Can't they queue up like everyone else?

Even the police dog?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Uncle Peter wrote:
Why on earth are we still using a flammable gas as a propellant?

Because it's more environmentally friendly.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 22:57:04 -0000, wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:
Why on earth are we still using a flammable gas as a propellant?

Because it's more environmentally friendly.

Than what we used to use, yes. But surely there's another alternative?

Anyway, why put some environmental bull**** above people's lives?

--
Seen on a tap in a Finnish washroom:
To stop the drip, turn cock to right.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Uncle Peter wrote:
Why on earth are we still using a flammable gas as a propellant?

Because it's more environmentally friendly.

Than what we used to use, yes. But surely there's another alternative?

Nitrous oxide is used for culinary purposes but people buy cream foamers and sniff them at parties.

Anyway, why put some environmental bull**** above people's lives?

I dunno, the goverment still allows tobacco.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 23:56:03 -0000, wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:
Why on earth are we still using a flammable gas as a propellant?
Because it's more environmentally friendly.

Than what we used to use, yes. But surely there's another alternative?

Nitrous oxide is used for culinary purposes but people buy cream foamers and sniff them at parties.

Can I use that to make my car go faster?

Anyway, why put some environmental bull**** above people's lives?

I dunno, the goverment still allows tobacco.

But people choose to smoke it at their own risk. I want/need to use aerosols, but have no desire to fill the room with highly flammable butane.

--
For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Whilst scraping the bottom of the barrel to find something, they got the
council in who confimed there had been several walls built without building
consent. The building owner was tackled by the council for unauthorised
erections.

Years'n'years ago when I was on a planning committee, a "parlour"
applied for permission to do some works. After being repeatedly
told they couldn't turn it down on moral objections, members of
the board trawled through the regs, and eventually managed to
grant with condition that disabled access be provided to all
points of service.

This was a parlour above a shop.

The applicant gave up and moved elsewhere. To somewhere with
ground floor access and a nice car park.

jgh

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-12-13, Tim Watts wrote:

Quagmire

Hey - disabled people need luvvin too...

More so, I would have thought.

hehe...

Bonus point if anyone can quote the original Quagmire saying :-