Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rumors of my death

have been greatly exaggerated. My computer took a ****, but I ran it a
long time without newsgroups. Finally got a new one a few weeks ago,
then finally got it configured, no thanks to a friend who has spent a
very long time on it, because "he knows a lot about computers." I sat
down and hacked it out by trial and error in a short time.

Life has been good, and Craigslist is alive and well, managing to pull
off some very nice home runs, thank you very much.

Yesterday, I picked up a complete Chevy 283, additional Quadrajet intake
manifold, extra set of newly reworked power pack heads, starter, a
humongous four speed granny truck tranny and bell housing (GM), a 289
crank in need of welding and recutting a journal (or adding a shackel
for a boat anchor, an Edelbrock "twisted" 289 Torker intake manifold,
Edelbrock valve cover gaskets, a set of 289 heads, some Mustang body
emblems, an MG Midget head, new pressure plate and disc, windshield
wiper motor and cable drives assembly, A Zenith carb assembly on intake
manifold with air box, and a bunch of other asst. MG parts, for $300.

Missed youse guys, particularly when I had a question. Hope this works,
and finds everyone in good health.

Steve B

PS. Going to Vegas Wed. for a CT scan on a 5 cm heart aneurysm. Maybe
have another open heart operation. We'll see. I wonder if I could ask
them to go horizontal this time ...........
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Glad to see you. I was wondering what happened.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 14:03:37 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

have been greatly exaggerated. My computer took a ****, but I ran it a
long time without newsgroups. Finally got a new one a few weeks ago,
then finally got it configured, no thanks to a friend who has spent a
very long time on it, because "he knows a lot about computers." I sat
down and hacked it out by trial and error in a short time.

Configgin' computers is a bear nowadays, isn't it?

Life has been good, and Craigslist is alive and well, managing to pull
off some very nice home runs, thank you very much.

Huh?

Yesterday, I picked up a complete Chevy 283, additional Quadrajet intake
manifold, extra set of newly reworked power pack heads, starter, a
humongous four speed granny truck tranny and bell housing (GM), a 289
crank in need of welding and recutting a journal (or adding a shackel
for a boat anchor, an Edelbrock "twisted" 289 Torker intake manifold,
Edelbrock valve cover gaskets, a set of 289 heads, some Mustang body
emblems, an MG Midget head, new pressure plate and disc, windshield
wiper motor and cable drives assembly, A Zenith carb assembly on intake
manifold with air box, and a bunch of other asst. MG parts, for $300.

Cool.

Missed youse guys, particularly when I had a question. Hope this works,
and finds everyone in good health.

Welcome back, Steve.

PS. Going to Vegas Wed. for a CT scan on a 5 cm heart aneurysm. Maybe
have another open heart operation. We'll see. I wonder if I could ask
them to go horizontal this time ...........

Going for the Steampunk look, eh? Have them add rivet-look stitches,
too, while you're there.

--
When we are planning for posterity, we ought
to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

(comparing Paine to the current CONgress deep sigh)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, September 29, 2013 2:03:37 PM UTC-7, SteveB wrote:
have been greatly exaggerated.

You have been brain dead for years. Your posts prove it.

Death by Nailgun! [email protected] Woodworking 1 April 28th 09 05:54 AM
Death by Nailgun! John Grossbohlin[_2_] Woodworking 0 April 28th 09 03:11 AM
Rumors of my death ........ Steve B Home Repair 32 May 8th 07 06:44 AM
DIY death ARWadsworth UK diy 56 September 28th 05 11:19 PM
I know this subject has been done to death but Reyd Woodturning 8 September 8th 04 04:59 PM