Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Default Rumors of my death ........

have been seriously exaggerated.

Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice didn't
work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big screen, and was
talking to anyone who would talk with me.

All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great shape,
everything okay five years after surgery.

BIG Sigh of relief.

Now, just have to find out what's causing the angina.

Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.

Life is good.

So far.

Steve

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

On May 3, 6:27 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
have been seriously exaggerated.

Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice didn't
work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big screen, and was
talking to anyone who would talk with me.

All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great shape,
everything okay five years after surgery.

Any morning you don't find yourself in the obituaries is a good one!
Getting older is certainly an adventure. . .I keep wondering when my
Wild Oats turned to Shreaded Wheat;-)

Hang in there!

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Going on 4 years since my heart attack.

Live long and prosper.

-Carl

--
"The original Carl"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

have been seriously exaggerated

Never heard of you.

Good luck if you are ill.
Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair
RDF RDF is offline

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
have been seriously exaggerated.

Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice didn't
work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big screen, and was
talking to anyone who would talk with me.

All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great
shape, everything okay five years after surgery.

BIG Sigh of relief.

Now, just have to find out what's causing the angina.

Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.

Life is good.

So far.

Steve

Good news Steve, Glad to have you back. You gotta keep busting your ass...
People on welfare are depending on your hard work!!!

Be well,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
have been seriously exaggerated.

Had my angiogram yesterday.

May they remain rumors only for many more years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

""Fat Tony" D'Amico " wrote in message
Steve B wrote:

have been seriously exaggerated

Never heard of you.

Good luck if you are ill.

I'm a legend in my own mind.

New here, eh?

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 May 2007 18:27:00 -0700, Steve B wrote:

have been seriously exaggerated.

Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice
didn't
work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big screen, and
was
talking to anyone who would talk with me.

All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great
shape,
everything okay five years after surgery.

BIG Sigh of relief.

Now, just have to find out what's causing the angina.

Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.

Life is good.

So far.

Steve

Had an angiogram on my lower right leg. Had two plaqued up peripheral
arteries going to my foot. Enter the Silverhawk, cardiovascular surgeon's
version of a drain snake with a cutting tip. 2 hours later plenty of
contrast in those arteries where it was just a trickle. Seven weeks after
that, I developed a PE from an upper arm vein and not a DVT luckily. I
recommend a cat scan of your chest with contrast agent for that warm,
fuzzy feeling all over

I have the nuclear variety every year and an echo. It showed some
abnormalities, hence this angiogram.

Steve

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

"RDF" wrote in message
. ..

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
[...]

I am now retired, but at times wished I had a regular job so I could work
less. Know whut uh mean, Vern?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

""Fat Tony" D'Amico " wrote in message
.. .
Steve B wrote:

have been seriously exaggerated

Never heard of you.

Good luck if you are ill.

I'm a legend in my own mind.

New here, eh?

Yeah.

Get well soon, Steve. :-))

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
have been seriously exaggerated.

Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice didn't
work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big screen, and was
talking to anyone who would talk with me.

All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great
shape, everything okay five years after surgery.

BIG Sigh of relief.

Now, just have to find out what's causing the angina.

Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.

Life is good.

So far.

Steve

Every day above ground is another day you don't get dirt in your mouth!

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

"RDF" wrote in message
. ..

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
[...]

Steve's on a mission to get SOME of his SS dollars back!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

have been seriously exaggerated

Never heard of you.

Good luck if you are ill.

I'm a legend in my own mind.

New here, eh?

Yeah.

Get well soon, Steve. :-))

Thanks. But this is a lifelong deal. I write here often, as I do a lot of
home repairs and have a lot of construction experience. Just try to help
those looking for help.

Steve

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

"Tom Gardner" wrote

Steve's on a mission to get SOME of his SS dollars back!

One time when I was younger and diving commercially, I had the government
take a $2500 bite out of a two week paycheck of mine. I said, "Well, I hope
it goes to help someone." (I was thinking something entirely different.)

And now it has .....................

hehe

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

have been seriously exaggerated

Never heard of you.

Good luck if you are ill.

I'm a legend in my own mind.

New here, eh?

Yeah.

Get well soon, Steve. :-))

Thanks. But this is a lifelong deal. I write here often, as I do a lot of
home repairs and have a lot of construction experience. Just try to help
those looking for help.

May God bless you. :-))

I'm sure He already has.

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:

Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.

So no OTs for some time. Good to hear!

Nick
Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
have been seriously exaggerated.

Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice
didn't work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big
screen, and was talking to anyone who would talk with me.

All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great
shape, everything okay five years after surgery.

BIG Sigh of relief.

Now, just have to find out what's causing the angina.

Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.

Life is good.

So far.

Steve

Good to hear it. About 35 years ago I was given a 10% chance of living
10 years (melanoma cancer) today a dozen or so new cancers later, I am still
here. The last one they gave me a 97% chance of living five years. At my
age, that's great even without the cancer.

Live the life you have and enjoy it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
have been seriously exaggerated.

Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice
didn't work, or they gave me saline by mistake. Watched on a big
screen, and was talking to anyone who would talk with me.

All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great
shape, everything okay five years after surgery.

BIG Sigh of relief.

Now, just have to find out what's causing the angina.

Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.

Get a nuclear cardiac imaging / stress test. Mine is done in the doctor's
office (with a machine and staff that's worth significant bucks).

It maps blood flow to all areas of the heart under stress and compares that
with non-stress circulation.

I don't know where you are, but availability of high-end machines varies (my
cardioligist does angiograms in his office!). For example, there are more
MRI machines in Seattle than in all of Canada. I'm in Houston and we have
twice as many MRI machines in our town than does Seattle.

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote

Get a nuclear cardiac imaging / stress test. Mine is done in the doctor's
office (with a machine and staff that's worth significant bucks).

It maps blood flow to all areas of the heart under stress and compares
that with non-stress circulation.

I don't know where you are, but availability of high-end machines varies
(my cardioligist does angiograms in his office!). For example, there are
more MRI machines in Seattle than in all of Canada. I'm in Houston and we
have twice as many MRI machines in our town than does Seattle.

Warning, sad story follows:

I retired almost two years ago. Just previous to that, I was granted SS
disability. So, the union insurance lumped me with a new group. Medicare
does not kick in until you have been on SS for two years.

On my old group when I was working, I could pretty much go to any doctor.
With that new group, I had to go to Larry, Moe and Curly. The regular
annual nuclear test that I used to have every 12 months in my doctor's
office took 19 months to get approved through Larry, Moe, and Curly MDs, and
the new plan.

It's a three part deal, tread mill, x rays and echocardiogram. I went in
for the test, and they were going to put me on the treadmill first. They
did that to a friend of my wife's, and he died on the treadmill. They asked
me why I didn't go have the echo first, and I explained that I was the
patient and they were the administrators, and that I was just following
directions.

They took the nuclear text x rays and echo in December, something my old
doctor always did in July. Said I needed two stents.

I said I would wait until I got on Medicare, and could go back to my old
doctor. April 1 comes and I am on Medicare. BUT I didn't notify them by
certified mail that I wanted to disenroll, so they automatically put me in
another group that takes control from Medicare and administrates your health
care. You have to go to who they say you can go to. So, I have to wait
another month to get out of the clutches of Larry, Moe and Curly, MDs. Now
I'm up to twenty months on something that would have been done eight months
ago under my old plan.

Insurance companies ..................... ahhh, I could talk about them all
day.

My sincerest wish is that every adjuster, agent, and administrator has some
serious tragedy in their lives that involves being tied in knots with a
greedy insurance company, inept adjuster, and greedy administrator.

I have no doubt that had I gone to Larry, Moe, and Curly MDs. as they wanted
me to do that they would have placed two stents somewhere although I did not
need them.

Don't even get me started on workman's comp. I was permanently injured Oct.
20, 2003, and I was accepted by SS for permanent disability April 1, 2005.
I won't get my first check from them until September, 2007 because they
applied my settlement to my future payments with SS. They can do that in my
state. Someone who didn't have savings or anything built up would be living
on the streets by now.

Too bad all the politicians don't have to live with the insurance policies
and Medicare like the rest of us normal humans.

Steve

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote

Don't even get me started on workman's comp. I was permanently injured
Oct. 20, 2003,

Make that 2004

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

have been seriously exaggerated.

Glad to hear that.

Had my angiogram yesterday. Totally awake, I think the happy juice didn't
work, or they gave me saline by mistake.

So did it hurt, if you were awake when you weren't supposed to be?

Watched on a big screen, and was
talking to anyone who would talk with me.

They should have noticed that you were doing that. Maybe the parts
that could hurt were asleep and the rest of you was awake.

All five bypass grafts in great shape, replaced aortic valve in great shape,
everything okay five years after surgery.

BIG Sigh of relief.

Great.

Now, just have to find out what's causing the angina.

That's the people here, including me.
Long story short, you will have to put up with me just a while longer.

Life is good.

So far.

Steve

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 4 May 2007 08:22:10 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote

Don't even get me started on workman's comp. I was permanently injured
Oct. 20, 2003,

Make that 2004

Good idea. If we make 2003 into 2004, I think that will make us all a
year younger.

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

"Steve B"

| Don't even get me started on workman's comp. I was permanently injured
Oct.
| 20, 2003, and I was accepted by SS for permanent disability April 1, 2005.
| I won't get my first check from them until September, 2007 because they
| applied my settlement to my future payments with SS. They can do that in
my
| state. Someone who didn't have savings or anything built up would be
living
| on the streets by now.
|
| Too bad all the politicians don't have to live with the insurance policies
| and Medicare like the rest of us normal humans.

Call your congresscritter and state insurance commissioner. They tried
something similar with me and a few phone calls got that straight.

BTW typically they can offset only 1/2 of the SSA benefits as you paid half
the contribution.

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Carl Byrns wrote:

Live long and prosper.

You know that's Klingon for "Grow up and get a job!", Eh?

:-)

Good to hear!

Cheers
trevor Jones

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

"Trevor Jones" wrote in message
Carl Byrns wrote:

Live long and prosper.

You know that's Klingon for "Grow up and get a job!", Eh?

:-)

Good to hear!

Cheers
trevor Jones

Thanks!

-Carl
--
"The original Carl"

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

In a recent message, "Carl Byrns" opined:

Carl Byrns wrote:

Live long and prosper.

You know that's Klingon for "Grow up and get a job!", Eh?

:-)

Good to hear!

Cheers
trevor Jones

Actually it's an old Vulcan proverb. The Klingons didn't wish anyone a long
life....

Mark
Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Carl Byrns wrote:

Live long and prosper.

You know that's Klingon for "Grow up and get a job!", Eh?

:-)

Good to hear!

Cheers
trevor Jones

Actually it's an old Vulcan proverb. The Klingons didn't wish anyone a long
life....

Mark

And if I was any kind of Trekkie, I'd have got it right in the first
place.

DoH!

:-)

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Carl Byrns wrote:

Live long and prosper.

You know that's Klingon for "Grow up and get a job!", Eh?

:-)

Good to hear!

Cheers
trevor Jones

Actually it's an old Vulcan proverb. The Klingons didn't wish anyone a
long
life....

Mark

And if I was any kind of Trekkie, I'd have got it right in the first
place.

DoH!

:-)

Cheers
Trevor Jones

It's okay. It's like Homer Simpson said, any time I want to put something
new in my brain, I have to kick out something old. Even a hard drive
reaches capacity.

But it's amazing. I can remember minute unimportant things from thirty
years ago, but go to the store for three items and have to call home twice.

Steve

Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

Carl Byrns wrote:

[...]

"yIn nI' je chep" (Klingon translation of live long and prosper)

Course my favorite is "HIHIvqa' may' pequ' moH"

Its surprising how many people speak Klingon today.

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/8007/Klngn.htm

http://www.klingon.org/resources/language.html

and so forth.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly
Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII
Meets all EPA regulations for clean air
Using only naturally occuring fibers
Use the Message with confidance.
(Some settling may occure in transit.)
(Best if Used before May 13, 2009)
Posted to alt.rv,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair

In article ,
Mark Tetrault wrote:

Actually it's an old Vulcan proverb.

More accurately, it's a Vulcan farewell or good-bye.

(Doesn't a proverb tell a story?)

The Klingons didn't wish anyone a long life...

I have always wondered what their average lifespan was?

Years ago, during a conversation with another avid Treker, I said, "At least I
don't dress up in costume and fake ears."

His reply? "Hey, watch it!!" (He obviously DID do those things!)

There appears to be a sizable hierarchy for this news:alt.startrek.*
--

JR

My house of DEATH [email protected] Home Repair 16 March 8th 06 01:48 AM
OT-Death and Dying Eric R Snow Metalworking 11 December 4th 05 06:47 AM
DIY death ARWadsworth UK diy 56 September 28th 05 11:19 PM
OT Wierd death Backlash Home Repair 0 May 22nd 05 01:47 PM
A Near-Death Experience B.B. Metalworking 58 January 10th 05 08:12 AM