Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the public
yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for the signs to
come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even though there
was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something like:
"PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 10:35 AM, Henry Jones wrote:
I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the public
yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for the signs to
come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even though there
was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something like:
"PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

These should get you started.

http://www.bestsignstore.com/stencils.html

http://www.municipalsigns.com/stencils.html

https://www.grainger.com/category/st...ecatalog/N-b2u

https://pavementstencil.com/

http://www.stencilease.com/industrialstencils.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/16 9:35 AM, Henry Jones wrote:
I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the public
yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for the signs to
come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even though there
was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something like:
"PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get some sort of small
flashing
light to put by your sign. It might get folks out of the auto pilot mode
some enter while driving.
Do you have an address sign for your place? Maybe something to draw
attention
to that would be worthwhile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Henry Jones wrote:
I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the
public yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for
the signs to come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even though
there was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something
like: "PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

Can you put a chain or cable across the road with a "keep out (etc)" sign
hanging from the middle ? Having the writing on the drive may not be a big
enough hint for some ... but a chain/cable/gate is kinda hard to ignore .
"Trespassers will be shot" signage might help too . Gotta ask , where does
this road go that people want to be ? Lake , river , or some other place ?
Is it a "shortcut" to somewhere ?
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:35:29 +0000, Henry Jones wrote:

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something
like:
"PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

You will be embarrassed if you don't activate your "stencil's" spell
checker...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:35:29 -0000 (UTC)
Henry Jones wrote:

I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the
public yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for
the signs to come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even though
there was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something
like: "PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

Shoot a couple and the word will spread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/16 10:09 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
[...]

Another suggestion would be an SMV sign used for farm machinery.
The metal ones are fairly solid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Henry Jones" wrote
I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the public
yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for the signs to
come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even though there
was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something like:
"PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

I think you have to be clear and to the point. Otherwise curiosity seekers and no-goods will ignore signs. Check with the local police for their advice on words. Maybe.....

Private Driveway ("Drive" implies it's not a residential road)
No Trespassing
City Code 12345 (Small letters)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:09:53 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get some sort of small
flashing light to put by your sign.
It might get folks out of the auto pilot mode some enter while driving.
Do you have an address sign for your place? Maybe something to draw
attention to that would be worthwhile.

I don't understand your question about having an "address sign" for the
place. The drive serves a handful of homes only but there are trails at the
end that a lot of bikers and hikers use that skirt out back behind people's
property (all in private land). Eventually it connects to a public park, so
most of the traffic is people coming from the public park in the opposite
direction of cars which would be going down the road just to 'explore' it
(since it's a dead end of only about 1/2 mile long).

There "is" a standard-looking street sign, put up by the county, at the
junction with the public road and a 30x30 amber rectangle (mounted with the
points up and down and to the side) saying "No Through Traffic".

I was thinking of replacing the No Through Traffic sign with a "No Public
Access" sign, but the back of the sign has a sticker saying it's a county
sign and that it's a criminal offense to remove the sign.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Henry Jones wrote:

I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the
public yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for
the signs to come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even though
there was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something
like: "PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

Shoot a couple and the word will spread.

LOL! How about

Quarantined
As me about AmWay
We shoot every 3rd trespasser. The 2nd one just left

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/16 12:18 PM, Henry Jones wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:09:53 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get some sort of small
flashing light to put by your sign.
It might get folks out of the auto pilot mode some enter while driving.
Do you have an address sign for your place? Maybe something to draw
attention to that would be worthwhile.

I don't understand your question about having an "address sign" for the
place. The drive serves a handful of homes only but there are trails at the
end that a lot of bikers and hikers use that skirt out back behind people's
property (all in private land). Eventually it connects to a public park, so
most of the traffic is people coming from the public park in the opposite
direction of cars which would be going down the road just to 'explore' it
(since it's a dead end of only about 1/2 mile long).

I was picturing a single driveway leading to a single residence.
Farms
and rural residences have addresses similar to what town people have.
It was
set up that way for emergency responders.
Responders using directions from a town could miscount miles,
miss turns,
or whatever else might happen to delay them.

There "is" a standard-looking street sign, put up by the county, at the
junction with the public road and a 30x30 amber rectangle (mounted with the
points up and down and to the side) saying "No Through Traffic".

I was thinking of replacing the No Through Traffic sign with a "No Public
Access" sign, but the back of the sign has a sticker saying it's a county
sign and that it's a criminal offense to remove the sign.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 10:26 AM, Sam Hill wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:35:29 +0000, Henry Jones wrote:

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of something
like:
"PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

You will be embarrassed if you don't activate your "stencil's" spell
checker...

Snerk, I noticed that too. However, if the end of that road is a
"lover's lane", maybe it could read "NO PUBIC ACCESS"

Posted to alt.home.repair

install a remote controlled gate, operated by a garage door opener control. install a touchpad for access if someone doesnt have a remote.

or install a vehicle detector, if it senses a vehicle it sounds a alarm and flashes some strobe lights......
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 1:03 PM, Henry Jones wrote:
[...]

Water over the dam perhaps, but did you consider contacting the county
highway engineer, explaining the problem you're having and asking him to
review and perhaps come up with more appropriate signage?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 10:18 AM, Henry Jones wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:09:53 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get some sort of small
flashing light to put by your sign.
It might get folks out of the auto pilot mode some enter while driving.
Do you have an address sign for your place? Maybe something to draw
attention to that would be worthwhile.

I don't understand your question about having an "address sign" for the
place. The drive serves a handful of homes only but there are trails at the
end that a lot of bikers and hikers use that skirt out back behind people's
property (all in private land). Eventually it connects to a public park, so
most of the traffic is people coming from the public park in the opposite
direction of cars which would be going down the road just to 'explore' it
(since it's a dead end of only about 1/2 mile long).

You have trespassers using trails on private property which connect to
county trails? You have a big problem that a mere sign is not going to
solve.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:19:19 -0700

Henry Jones wrote:

I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the
public yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for
the signs to come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even
though there was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of
something like: "PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

Shoot a couple and the word will spread.

LOL! How about

Quarantined
As me about AmWay
We shoot every 3rd trespasser. The 2nd one just left

Cool!
Put this sign down the road about 1/2 mile"
http://imgur.com/a/hVhUJ
Posted to alt.home.repair

Henry Jones wrote:

I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the
public yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for
the signs to come in. That's for the advice.

Most people said they didn't know it was a private drive, even
though there was one sign saying so at the entrance.

The drive is 18 feet wide so I can make large letters.

I'm thinking of putting down a big "stencil" on the road of
something like: "PRIVATE DRIVE | NO PULIC ACCESS"

Where do you think those stencils would be found?

Shoot a couple and the word will spread.

LOL! How about

Quarantined
As me about AmWay
We shoot every 3rd trespasser. The 2nd one just left

Cool!
Put this sign down the road about 1/2 mile"
http://imgur.com/a/hVhUJ

maybe one of those homespun roadside memorials, with a believable sign
saying here is where the trespassers were killed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Water over the dam perhaps, but did you consider contacting the county
highway engineer, explaining the problem you're having and asking him to
review and perhaps come up with more appropriate signage?

That has the potential of having the county engineer explain "No, it is
not a private road." Some people around here hang private road signs as
a bluff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:20:52 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

You have trespassers using trails on private property which connect to
county trails? You have a big problem that a mere sign is not going to
solve.

Today, a set of foul-mouthed bikers came up from the county park (it's the
only place they could have come from) about 5 miles away. The county park
has a sign saying that it's an unmaintained trail and that no bikes or
vehicles are allowed, but that's it.

Then, about 3 miles out from that sign, there are at least five to eight
(or so) private owners, none of which are signed, and then the trail comes
to my paved road, which isn't signed at that end.

When they got to my little roadblock they refused to turn back:
http://i.cubeupload.com/9GFo0Q.jpg

They told me I could take my private road and shove it up one of my
anatomical parts. Right in front of my kids, they used foul language, and I
tried to videotape them but my camera was dead so I just faked that I
videotaped them.

They went right past me, and then they called the cops who showed up.

The cops said they used foul language with them and that they said I
knocked them off their bikes (I never touched them) but they couldn't show
the cops any injuries and the cops didn't believe them.

Anyway, the cops said the road doesn't show up as private on their maps (so
I need to fix that somehow) and that section 602L of some California code
says that the no trespassing signs must be at least three to a mile and at
the entrance and exit to trails and roads.

EDIT: Found this:
http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-co...-sect-602.html
http://www.mysecuritysign.com/califo...spassing-signs
http://www.shouselaw.com/trespass.html

The cops said that they'd have a hard time arresting someone for
trespassing because it looks like a county road as it's about 25 feet wide
at the widest and about 18 feet wide at the thinnest and it's well paved
(although not as well as the county roads are).

So, they suggested two things:
a. Don't get in the way of the bikers - just let them pass and call them if
they refuse to get off the land.
b. Put signs up at least to the 602 code for no trespassing signs saying
that only written permission will allow anyone on the land.

I was surprised at the written-permission rule, as even the lawyer I talked
to didn't mention that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:10:09 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

install a remote controlled gate, operated by a garage door opener control. install a touchpad for access if someone doesnt have a remote.

or install a vehicle detector, if it senses a vehicle it sounds a alarm and flashes some strobe lights......

The problem is the post office.
The people at the end of the road want to keep their mailboxes at their
houses.
And I don't blame them.

If it wasn't for the post office, it would be a lot easier.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 13:10:49 -0500, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Water over the dam perhaps, but did you consider contacting the county
highway engineer, explaining the problem you're having and asking him to
review and perhaps come up with more appropriate signage?

The police came by because someone called them saying I was illegally
blocking the road (they said I knocked them off their bikes, but I didn't -
I simply told them to turn back and they didn't).

The cops said that their maps don't show it as a private road, but, that it
sure looked like one to them (I think that was an insult!).

They suggested we follow California Penal Code 602L for signage which we
are not currently following:

http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-co...-sect-602.html
http://www.mysecuritysign.com/califo...spassing-signs
http://www.shouselaw.com/trespass.html

"
(l)Entering any lands under cultivation or enclosed by fence, belonging to,
or occupied by, another, or entering upon uncultivated or unenclosed lands
where signs forbidding trespass are displayed at intervals not less than
three to the mile along all exterior boundaries and at all roads and trails
entering the lands without the written permission of the owner of the land,
the owner's agent, or of the person in lawful possession, and
"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:32:55 -0600, rbowman wrote:

That has the potential of having the county engineer explain "No, it is
not a private road." Some people around here hang private road signs as
a bluff.

It's most certainly a private road, but, the police were called by a biker
who refused to turn back who said I accosted him and knocked him off his
bike (I never touched him or his bike).

The police said that their maps don't show it as private, but, that it is
marked private only at the entrance and that in order for them to arrest
someone, we need to sign it according to California Penal Code 602L, which
basically says we need signs at the entrance and exit and along the borders
and along the road at a density of at least 3 per mile.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...&file=594-625c
(L) Entering any lands under cultivation or enclosed by fence,
belonging to, or occupied by, another, or entering upon uncultivated
or unenclosed lands where signs forbidding trespass are displayed at
intervals not less than three to the mile along all exterior
boundaries and at all roads and trails entering the lands without the
written permission of the owner of the land, the owner's agent, or
the person in lawful possession, and any of the following:
(1) Refusing or failing to leave the lands immediately upon being
requested by the owner of the land, the owner's agent, or by the
person in lawful possession to leave the lands.
(2) Tearing down, mutilating, or destroying any sign, signboard,
or notice forbidding trespass or hunting on the lands.
(3) Removing, injuring, unlocking, or tampering with any lock on
any gate on or leading into the lands.
(4) Discharging any firearm.

It seems that 602N may also apply:
(n) Driving any vehicle, as defined in Section 670 of the Vehicle
Code, upon real property belonging to, or lawfully occupied by,
another and known not to be open to the general public, without the
consent of the owner, the owner's agent, or the person in lawful
possession. This subdivision does not apply to any person described
in Section 22350 of the Business and Professions Code who is making a
lawful service of process, provided that upon exiting the vehicle,
the person proceeds immediately to attempt the service of process,
and leaves immediately upon completing the service of process or upon
the request of the owner, the owner's agent, or the person in lawful
possession.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Henry Jones explained on 7/24/2016 :
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:10:09 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

install a remote controlled gate, operated by a garage door opener control.
install a touchpad for access if someone doesnt have a remote.

or install a vehicle detector, if it senses a vehicle it sounds a alarm and
flashes some strobe lights......

The problem is the post office.
The people at the end of the road want to keep their mailboxes at their
houses.
And I don't blame them.

If it wasn't for the post office, it would be a lot easier.

CAUTION
THIS ROAD IS DOWNRANGE
OF THE LOCAL RIFLE RANGE
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 8:32 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Henry Jones explained on 7/24/2016 :
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:10:09 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

install a remote controlled gate, operated by a garage door opener control. install a touchpad for access if someone doesnt have a remote.

or install a vehicle detector, if it senses a vehicle it sounds a alarm and flashes some strobe lights......

The problem is the post office.
The people at the end of the road want to keep their mailboxes at their
houses.
And I don't blame them.

If it wasn't for the post office, it would be a lot easier.

CAUTION
THIS ROAD IS DOWNRANGE
OF THE LOCAL RIFLE RANGE
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Welcome to
Joe's Bee Farm
Tours by appointment only.
For your safety,
please keep windows rolled up
while visiting our farm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 3:29 PM, Henry Jones wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:10:09 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

install a remote controlled gate, operated by a garage door opener control. install a touchpad for access if someone doesnt have a remote.

or install a vehicle detector, if it senses a vehicle it sounds a alarm and flashes some strobe lights......

The problem is the post office.
The people at the end of the road want to keep their mailboxes at their
houses.
And I don't blame them.

If it wasn't for the post office, it would be a lot easier.

I would suggest you put a gate (sure, there is the cost).

Most bikers and hikers will be there on the weekends. The post office
does not deliver mail on Sundays, so no problem with a gate on Sundays.
You will likely know the approximate time of mail deliveries on
Saturdays, so stake it out and open the gate for the mail carrier. Once
delivered, you can leave the gate closed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 9:03 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
The post office does not deliver mail on Sundays, so no problem with a gate on Sundays.

One word: Amazon
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 6:08 PM, anonymous wrote:
On 7/24/2016 9:03 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
The post office does not deliver mail on Sundays, so no problem with a
gate on Sundays.

One word: Amazon

Amazon doesn't deliver. FedEx and UPS do. And they are happy to take
gate codes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:14:06 -0500, Terry Coombs wrote:

Can you put a chain or cable across the road with a "keep out (etc)" sign
hanging from the middle ? Having the writing on the drive may not be a big
enough hint for some ... but a chain/cable/gate is kinda hard to ignore .
"Trespassers will be shot" signage might help too . Gotta ask , where does
this road go that people want to be ? Lake , river , or some other place ?
Is it a "shortcut" to somewhere ?

We can put a chain across the trail as it enters the road, but the problem
with the chain across the road is the mail delivery from the USPO won't
hold onto a key or code.

Every other delivery and utility service will take down our gate codes, but
not the USPO.

So the people at the end of the road don't want their mailboxes moved.

That's the only impediment to a fixed barrier.

We did find out more about California Penal Code 602L though:
http://www.lacriminaldefensepartners...enal-code-602/

Effectively, they have to "refuse to leave" after being requested to do so.
It doesn't say that they have to go back the way they came (which is what I
was trying to get them to do).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:14:11 -0700, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

I think you have to be clear and to the point. Otherwise curiosity seekers and no-goods will ignore signs. Check with the local police for their advice on words. Maybe.....

Private Driveway ("Drive" implies it's not a residential road)
No Trespassing
City Code 12345 (Small letters)

A trespasser called the local police (actually Sheriff, but let's call them
the cops nonetheless).

He felt entitled to the road, and didn't like this little roadblock:
http://i.cubeupload.com/9GFo0Q.jpg

The cops arrived to ask me what happened, and they could easily see the
roadblock.

I told them that I blocked the road, and that I called them last week to
tell them I was blocking the road, and that I told the bikers to go back
and they went right by me using the foulest language you can imagine.

Just one memorable sentence was "you can shove your private road up
your...", right in front of my kids. The kids were appalled more than I was
(as only my best friends talk to me that way); but, when they called the
police, they also used foul language (according to the police).

The police declined to even take down the report, even though they told the
police that I knocked them off their bikes (I never touched them) and when
the cops asked if they had any injuries and if they wanted to press
charges, they declined. The cops didn't believe them.

The cops did show me California Penal Code 602L, which says that in order
for people to be convicted of trespassing, I need to have signage that is
at least 3 per mile and at the entrance & exit to the "trail".

https://www.wklaw.com/practice-areas...l-code-602-pc/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 11:14:09 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Henry Jones wrote:
[...]

I saw a good sign at a gun show a while back:

NO TRESPASSING
I HAVE A GUN AND A BACKHOE

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/24/2016 04:54 PM, Henry Jones wrote:
The police said that their maps don't show it as private, but, that it is
marked private only at the entrance and that in order for them to arrest
someone, we need to sign it according to California Penal Code 602L, which
basically says we need signs at the entrance and exit and along the borders
and along the road at a density of at least 3 per mile.

I suggest you make sure it is legally a private road. You can call it
anything you want but if it's a public road you're just blowing smoke.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:18:54 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Amazon doesn't deliver. FedEx and UPS do. And they are happy to take
gate codes.

Wow. Take a look at this!
http://www.indiopd.org/pdf/Trespassing_Requirements.pdf

It's *incredibly* hard to get someone arrested for trespassing!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:34:11 -0700 (PDT), Pavel314 wrote:

I saw a good sign at a gun show a while back:

NO TRESPASSING
I HAVE A GUN AND A BACKHOE

These signs are all funny, and I appreciate the humor, but my question
would be whether people would take them seriously.

We want them to take the California Penal Code 602L and N seriously.

So, we'll go with the standard signs.
I noticed there are even "California" no-trespassing signs we can buy:

http://www.mysecuritysign.com/No-Tre...KU-S-7291.aspx

At $100 bucks a pop, these are a bit expensive though:
https://www.chairish.com/product/163...sspassing-sign

BTW, it's interesting that, in California, trespassing can be a felony!
http://www.shouselaw.com/trespass.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 20:07:34 -0600, rbowman wrote:

I suggest you make sure it is legally a private road. You can call it
anything you want but if it's a public road you're just blowing smoke.

Heh heh ... it's private.
There are a whole bunch of ways to show that, but the police map can be
fixed so I'll call the county tomorrow to figure that one out.

I don't know *how* they determine such things, but, the cops did drive down
the whole road, and they kind of said that we should put up signs just so
that we don't get sued by people using it and getting hurt.

So, if it were maintained by the county, it would sure be in much better
shape!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:18:54 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Amazon doesn't deliver. FedEx and UPS do. And they are happy to take
gate codes.

Everyone but the post office will take gate codes.
All the utilities will also (e.g., propane is what we all use).

The whole gate problem hinges on the post office.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:03:04 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

I would suggest you put a gate (sure, there is the cost).

Most bikers and hikers will be there on the weekends. The post office
does not deliver mail on Sundays, so no problem with a gate on Sundays.
You will likely know the approximate time of mail deliveries on
Saturdays, so stake it out and open the gate for the mail carrier. Once
delivered, you can leave the gate closed.

These are good ideas, and we've thought of a few others over the past few
days as neighbors wandered by our local roadblock:
http://i.cubeupload.com/9GFo0Q.jpg

1. Put up a gate, with good signs, but leave it open.
2. Same as above, but make it a proximity open.
3. Make it open at the time the post office arrives.
4. Put *one* mailbox outside the gate and have it open whenever *that*
mailbox is opened (and stay open for, say, 1/2 hour to allow egress)
5. Close the gate only on Sundays
etc.

Everything really hinges on the post office who won't do gate codes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 8:18 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 7/24/2016 6:08 PM, anonymous wrote:
On 7/24/2016 9:03 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
The post office does not deliver mail on Sundays, so no problem with a
gate on Sundays.

One word: Amazon

Amazon doesn't deliver. FedEx and UPS do. And they are happy to take
gate codes.

And Sunday deliveries are handled by USPS under contract.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/24/2016 09:08 PM, Henry Jones wrote:
I don't know*how* they determine such things, but, the cops did drive down
the whole road, and they kind of said that we should put up signs just so
that we don't get sued by people using it and getting hurt.

If you don't know *how* they determine such things, you'd better find
out post haste.

https://www.hcn.org/articles/note-to...ess-in-montana

One of our current gubernatorial candidates ****ed with something he
didn't understand and got burnt.