Posted to alt.home.repair
Henry Jones Henry Jones is offline

Default Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:20:52 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

You have trespassers using trails on private property which connect to
county trails? You have a big problem that a mere sign is not going to
solve.

Today, a set of foul-mouthed bikers came up from the county park (it's the
only place they could have come from) about 5 miles away. The county park
has a sign saying that it's an unmaintained trail and that no bikes or
vehicles are allowed, but that's it.

Then, about 3 miles out from that sign, there are at least five to eight
(or so) private owners, none of which are signed, and then the trail comes
to my paved road, which isn't signed at that end.

When they got to my little roadblock they refused to turn back:
http://i.cubeupload.com/9GFo0Q.jpg

They told me I could take my private road and shove it up one of my
anatomical parts. Right in front of my kids, they used foul language, and I
tried to videotape them but my camera was dead so I just faked that I
videotaped them.

They went right past me, and then they called the cops who showed up.

The cops said they used foul language with them and that they said I
knocked them off their bikes (I never touched them) but they couldn't show
the cops any injuries and the cops didn't believe them.

Anyway, the cops said the road doesn't show up as private on their maps (so
I need to fix that somehow) and that section 602L of some California code
says that the no trespassing signs must be at least three to a mile and at
the entrance and exit to trails and roads.

EDIT: Found this:
http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-co...-sect-602.html
http://www.mysecuritysign.com/califo...spassing-signs
http://www.shouselaw.com/trespass.html

The cops said that they'd have a hard time arresting someone for
trespassing because it looks like a county road as it's about 25 feet wide
at the widest and about 18 feet wide at the thinnest and it's well paved
(although not as well as the county roads are).

So, they suggested two things:
a. Don't get in the way of the bikers - just let them pass and call them if
they refuse to get off the land.
b. Put signs up at least to the 602 code for no trespassing signs saying
that only written permission will allow anyone on the land.

I was surprised at the written-permission rule, as even the lawyer I talked
to didn't mention that.