Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much is a plotter that can cut stencils?

"jim" wrote in message
o.uk...

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

In what material and how big?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jim" wrote in message

"Richard" Wrote in message:
"jim" wrote in message
o.uk...

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

In what material and how big?

Erm reusable (say 10 times)plastic of some sort

Well current need is A2 but I don't mind joining smaller A4s if
that helps prices?

Cheers

For a one off project it would probably be much cheaper to get it done at a
print shop. Generally just need to supply the design in their preferred
format.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message ...

"jim" wrote in message

"Richard" Wrote in message:
"jim" wrote in message
o.uk...

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

In what material and how big?

Erm reusable (say 10 times)plastic of some sort

Well current need is A2 but I don't mind joining smaller A4s if
that helps prices?

Cheers

For a one off project it would probably be much cheaper to get it done at a
print shop. Generally just need to supply the design in their preferred
format.

If you still want to own one, Google 'vinyl cutter'.
I found this:
http://www.itinstock.com/wide-format...FUyeGwodd60C9g
http://preview.tinyurl.com/hmndtab

Or, of course, you could build one:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Prin...l-cutter-hack/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/04/2016 08:37, jim wrote:

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

Check craft (paper craft/card making) stores
Random example
http://www.createandcraft.tv/scanncut

Plenty of Youtube videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtdApSeFCeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjh64v7tPPk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jim" wrote in message
o.uk...

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

--
Get yourself a cheap ebay special laser engraver / cutter. I got a 60 watt
one for about £1500 to do various decorations for my daughters wedding, and

Mine is like this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60W-CO2-US...AOSwL7VWnHo b

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

alan_m Wrote in message:
On 16/04/2016 08:37, jim wrote:

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

Check craft (paper craft/card making) stores
Random example
http://www.createandcraft.tv/scanncut

Plenty of Youtube videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtdApSeFCeI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjh64v7tPPk

Interesting thanks.
Can't immediately see how I could "print" to it, as it appears
standalone and uses built in shapes and a few fonts....

Cheers
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

"Richard" Wrote in message:
"jim" wrote in message

"Richard" Wrote in message:
"jim" wrote in message
o.uk...

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

In what material and how big?

Erm reusable (say 10 times)plastic of some sort

Well current need is A2 but I don't mind joining smaller A4s if
that helps prices?

Cheers

For a one off project it would probably be much cheaper to get it done at a
print shop. Generally just need to supply the design in their preferred
format.

Mmm that's where I'm coming from - eBay offers an A2 mylar? for
£35, just 9 of those plus materials and it would be a no brainer
plus residual machine value....

Cheers
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

I don't think we spent £1500 on the whole wedding!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message ...

I don't think we spent £1500 on the whole wedding!

Indeed. One man's 'cheap' is another man's WTF!!??

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/04/16 08:37, jim wrote:

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

Laser cutter? from a few grand to a hundred grand

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/04/16 09:34, jim wrote:
"Richard" Wrote in message:
"jim" wrote in message
o.uk...

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

In what material and how big?

Erm reusable (say 10 times)
plastic of some sort

Well current need is A2 but I don't mind joining smaller A4s if
that helps prices?

get then laser cut by a firm that does such.

Not worth investing in your own.

Cheers

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 8:37:46 AM UTC+1, jim wrote:
assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

For cutting card stencils Craft Robo, Silhouette is the new version:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAPHTEC-C...-/131782384578

For above A4 card need a plotter with high cutting force which most of the Chinese vinyl cutters won`t do. Though can cut stencil film for one off low tack stencils.

For mylar, laser.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
I don't think we spent ?1500 on the whole wedding!

There are cheaper Chinese laser cutters if you don't mind a smaller size
(about A4):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40W-CO2-US...-/191788262383

Strangely that seems to be water cooled - unclear if it needs a water
supply.

The firmware on these is usually terrible, but there's a hacking/modding
community.

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/04/16 08:37, jim wrote:

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

Yes - a laser cutter.

And you can send away for this to be done out of a variety of materials
(plastic sheet, thin metal, thin wood) - you provide them with a design
file in the appropriate format.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/04/2016 08:37, jim wrote:

assuming they exist?
Or is there a more economical way?
TIA

cricut explorer
silhouette portrait
silhouette cameo

They do a lot more than just cut card.
You can cut card, plasticard, fabrics, etc.

You can print stuff on a printer and then cut them out on most and they
automatically find the registration marks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

I don't think we spent £1500 on the whole wedding!

Quite.

On the other hand, £1500 for the divorce would be pretty d@mn cheap.

A2 stencils - anyone got a plotter with blade for hire? Jim K[_3_] UK diy 10 February 10th 12 12:01 AM
Router stencils Andy Morrison UK diy 5 August 22nd 08 06:52 PM
Seeking Visio 2003 household stencils [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 9th 07 10:55 PM
Seeking Visio 2003 household stencils [email protected] Home Ownership 1 December 9th 07 10:55 PM
Pen plotter Markgengine Metalworking 1 July 15th 04 07:24 PM