Posted to alt.home.repair
Henry Jones Henry Jones is offline

Default Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:09:53 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to get some sort of small
flashing light to put by your sign.
It might get folks out of the auto pilot mode some enter while driving.
Do you have an address sign for your place? Maybe something to draw
attention to that would be worthwhile.

I don't understand your question about having an "address sign" for the
place. The drive serves a handful of homes only but there are trails at the
end that a lot of bikers and hikers use that skirt out back behind people's
property (all in private land). Eventually it connects to a public park, so
most of the traffic is people coming from the public park in the opposite
direction of cars which would be going down the road just to 'explore' it
(since it's a dead end of only about 1/2 mile long).

There "is" a standard-looking street sign, put up by the county, at the
junction with the public road and a 30x30 amber rectangle (mounted with the
points up and down and to the side) saying "No Through Traffic".

I was thinking of replacing the No Through Traffic sign with a "No Public
Access" sign, but the back of the sign has a sticker saying it's a county
sign and that it's a criminal offense to remove the sign.