Posted to alt.home.repair
Henry Jones Henry Jones is offline

Default Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 13:10:49 -0500, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Water over the dam perhaps, but did you consider contacting the county
highway engineer, explaining the problem you're having and asking him to
review and perhaps come up with more appropriate signage?

The police came by because someone called them saying I was illegally
blocking the road (they said I knocked them off their bikes, but I didn't -
I simply told them to turn back and they didn't).

The cops said that their maps don't show it as a private road, but, that it
sure looked like one to them (I think that was an insult!).

They suggested we follow California Penal Code 602L for signage which we
are not currently following:

http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-co...-sect-602.html
http://www.mysecuritysign.com/califo...spassing-signs
http://www.shouselaw.com/trespass.html

"
(l)Entering any lands under cultivation or enclosed by fence, belonging to,
or occupied by, another, or entering upon uncultivated or unenclosed lands
where signs forbidding trespass are displayed at intervals not less than
three to the mile along all exterior boundaries and at all roads and trails
entering the lands without the written permission of the owner of the land,
the owner's agent, or of the person in lawful possession, and
"