Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Police are investigating after the driver of a white van tried toforce a motorcyclist off the road in Derbyshire.

On Monday, October 15, 2012 9:22:03 PM UTC+1, wrote:

No percentages in my case. I was on a zebra crossing with a lollipop lady

stood there with her stop sign when he hit me.

I stopped my motorbike at a pedestrian crossing for two old ladies on a very wet, dark night a very long time back. There was a squeal of brakes behind me
and I was expecting an imminent audience with my maker, until some Indian **** in a Transit passed me,
on the right side of the road, sideways.

He said it was my fault he'd nearly hit me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

No percentages in my case. I was on a zebra crossing with a lollipop
lady

stood there with her stop sign when he hit me.

I stopped my motorbike at a pedestrian crossing for two old ladies on
a very wet, dark night a very long time back. There was a squeal of
brakes behind me
and I was expecting an imminent audience with my maker, until some
Indian **** in a Transit passed me,
on the right side of the road, sideways.

He said it was my fault he'd nearly hit me.

At least he avoided you; many years ago a **** in a Transit ploughed
straight into the back of my Velocette when I gave way to someone at the
Silbury Hill roundabout on the A4. I could hear his locked wheels
aquaplaning for about 40 yards.

Twenty-odd years ago, I stopped at a zebra crossing. The child waiting
set off, crossed right over and stepped off the crossing (fortunately).
As I put the car in gear ready to set off, someone drove into the back
of me, pushing my car completely across the crossing, despite both my
hand and foot brakes being on. He hit hard enough to flatten the rear of
the boot, crumple both wings and the boot floor, wreck the bumper and
crack the exhaust. The front of his car basically disintegrated. Somehow
he'd managed to completely miss a bright red car, with brakelights on,
sat stationary for some time at a zebra!

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

My mother altered us to her ealry dementia when she drove into the back
of a 30 ton truck standing in the middle of the road in broad daylight
with totally clear visibility for yards and yards.
"I forgot where the brake was"..
She drove for another 3 years...

I spoke to the doctor "old people take risks - They haven't much to lose"

After that her top speed was about 15mph and her neighbous would drive
round her carefully.

SteveW

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

[...]

The guy that ran me over had seen the cars waiting. He overtook them.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:24:03 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

After that her top speed was about 15mph

I got stuck behind a driver like that, on my lectric bike, uphill, and
I couldn't get past the bugger. Not that I didn't have the extra
oomph, but de fecker was annoyingly taking up all his lane as he
myopically tried to see where he was.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

My mother-in-law's like that, and also very good at running out of fuel
in the middle of nowhere and calling from the nearest house for someone
to come and rescue her (despite my brother-in-law tweaking the fuel gauge
so that it reads empty even when there's still a gallon or two in there -
she seems to have got wise to that). I've heard a recent rumour that she
might be losing her licence on medical grounds though, which can only be
a good thing.

As for accidents, I remember as a child seeing someone hunched under an
umbrella stepping out into the road in front of my dad's car; he hit the
brakes and stopped in time, but a few seconds later there was a screech
and the car coming up behind ran straight into the back of us. The
experience was the same as SteveW - back of my dad's car rather
flattened, but the front end of the car which had hit us was completely
demolished.

cheers

Jules