Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Police are investigating after the driver of a white van triedto force a motorcyclist off the road in Derbyshire.

On 16/10/2012 21:49, newshound wrote:
On 16/10/2012 21:33, wrote:
On Monday, October 15, 2012 9:22:03 PM UTC+1,
wrote:

No percentages in my case. I was on a zebra crossing with a lollipop
lady

stood there with her stop sign when he hit me.

I stopped my motorbike at a pedestrian crossing for two old ladies on
a very wet, dark night a very long time back. There was a squeal of
brakes behind me
and I was expecting an imminent audience with my maker, until some
Indian **** in a Transit passed me,
on the right side of the road, sideways.

He said it was my fault he'd nearly hit me.

At least he avoided you; many years ago a **** in a Transit ploughed
straight into the back of my Velocette when I gave way to someone at the
Silbury Hill roundabout on the A4. I could hear his locked wheels
aquaplaning for about 40 yards.

Twenty-odd years ago, I stopped at a zebra crossing. The child waiting
set off, crossed right over and stepped off the crossing (fortunately).
As I put the car in gear ready to set off, someone drove into the back
of me, pushing my car completely across the crossing, despite both my
hand and foot brakes being on. He hit hard enough to flatten the rear of
the boot, crumple both wings and the boot floor, wreck the bumper and
crack the exhaust. The front of his car basically disintegrated. Somehow
he'd managed to completely miss a bright red car, with brakelights on,
sat stationary for some time at a zebra!

SteveW