Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/5/2015 11:33 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 12/5/2015 10:27 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 06:45 PM, Don Y wrote:
Nope. But I've noticed that there are at least two different
processes for "coloring them" red. One appears to be a sort
of painted on coating; I wonder if they use "coating pans"
intended for pharmaceutical use?

(IME, these are usually NOT the "good" nuts)

I believe the coloring was just for that reason, to disguise inferior
product.

Dunno. The ones I buy are red and definitely not "cheap"!
($19/lb) Though last time I looked at their web site
(to buy some almonds), I didn't find the red nuts listed
(but, admit that I wasn't actively looking for them)

Actually, never tasted pistachio ice cream! It just
doesn't seem like the sort of flavor that would lend
itself (well) to a "milk product".

Works for me, but tastes differ.

I prefer (homemade):
- black raspberry
- butter pecan
- almond chocolate chip w/ almonds

(storebought):
- cherry garcia

I've got some of that ^ in my freezer right now! My favorite.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/5/2015 11:28 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 12/5/2015 11:22 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 06:46 PM, Muggles wrote:
When the principle ballerina wears a tutu it can be decorated by a top
flat portion that's attached to the top of the tutu. Part of what I did
was take the ballet designers pattern and create the tutu plateau which
could include intricate sewing patterns (sometimes zig-zagged) using
invisible thread and then cut outs in the pattern, and then glittery
jewels and beads were sew on to decorate the plateau.

I'm so far out of my league... I did know a woman who worked for a
fashion house that specialized in stripper costumes. One of their
hottest sellers was a pubic hair wig for the performers in Boston's
Combat Zone. Is that anything like a tutu?

hahaha! Here's one photo of a ballerina *in her tutu:

http://babar.it/wp-content/uploads/imported/304.jpg

The tutu is the skirt like garment that is made of stiff netting that
sticks out.

For a plateau, picture a flat decorated layer that rests on top of the
netting similar to this:
http://tinyurl.com/qga8a9m

This is what I did - made the decorated plateau of a principle
ballerina's costume. Swan Lake was one of the ballets I did that for.

edit*: "Here's one photo of a ballerina tutu:"

I swapped photos and forgot to edit ^ this text.
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/05/2015 06:40 PM, Muggles wrote:
I did enjoy using the treadmill at the gym more than the elliptical. I
never had the balance to run on a treadmill, though.

I keep a firm grip on the handles. I recently got one of those strapless
heart rate monitors that are a wris****ch where you put two fingers on
the sensors. My first attempt to focus on my wrist on a treadmill came
close to launching me off the back end.

I saw one website that claimed there was a correlation between several
physical tests and expected longevity. One was balancing on one foot
with your eyes closed. I'll be lucky to wake up tomorrow morning.

Another was the ability to go from a standing position to seated on the
floor and then to rise again without using your hands. I could get down
more or less gracefully but getting up was a no go. However I can't
remember a time in my life when I could do so. The woman demonstrating
it had her legs crossed and sort of scissored her way up but I expect
she doubles as a yoga instructor. Or was sufficiently endowed that she
could lean forward and get her center of gravity over her feet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/05/2015 07:47 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do you walk through a hardware store or dig through a box of disparate parts and visualize in your head how you could bring items together to build a functional gizmo?

Sure. Doesn't everyone?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/05/2015 09:33 PM, Muggles wrote:
It probably makes you normal!

I worked with a woman who had two outstanding qualities. No matter how
well meaning heterosexual males just found their eyes drifting downward.
She was well aware of the effect and found it very amusing to the point
of wearing t-shirts with witty slogans stretched across them.

I've sometimes wondered about that. Our shop is very informal and many
of the younger people, male and female, wear t-shirts with some sort of
message. Sometimes trying to read the shirt can be a delicate procedure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/05/2015 09:28 PM, Muggles wrote:
naaa ... try sewing silk with invisible thread. haha!

Nope. My skills end with sewing buttons on with carpet thread. I do try
to match things so I have two spools, one white and one black. I suppose
the invisible thread needles also have invisible eyes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 11:28:22 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
[...]

OMG! I saw that horror movie about the headless ballerinas. Yuk! (×_×)

[8~{} Uncle Headless Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 11:43:28 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 07:47 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do you walk through a hardware store or dig through a box of disparate parts and visualize in your head how you could bring items together to build a functional gizmo?

Sure. Doesn't everyone?

Some people think of how to use the stuff to make a bomb. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 1:47 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 11:43:28 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 07:47 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do you walk through a hardware store or dig through a box of disparate parts and visualize in your head how you could bring items together to build a functional gizmo?

Sure. Doesn't everyone?

Some people think of how to use the stuff to make a bomb. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

I've been told that a lot of little boys like to blow things up!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/5/2015 11:42 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 06:40 PM, Muggles wrote:
I did enjoy using the treadmill at the gym more than the elliptical. I
never had the balance to run on a treadmill, though.

I keep a firm grip on the handles. I recently got one of those strapless
heart rate monitors that are a wris****ch where you put two fingers on
the sensors. My first attempt to focus on my wrist on a treadmill came
close to launching me off the back end.

haha I like how you put that "launching off the back end".

I saw one website that claimed there was a correlation between several
physical tests and expected longevity. One was balancing on one foot
with your eyes closed. I'll be lucky to wake up tomorrow morning.

Another was the ability to go from a standing position to seated on the
floor and then to rise again without using your hands. I could get down
more or less gracefully but getting up was a no go. However I can't
remember a time in my life when I could do so. The woman demonstrating
it had her legs crossed and sort of scissored her way up but I expect
she doubles as a yoga instructor. Or was sufficiently endowed that she
could lean forward and get her center of gravity over her feet.

I've heard that one reason why women can do some balance things better
than men is because a woman's center of gravity is lower in her hips,
but a mans is higher in his chest, which makes it more difficult for men
to balance.
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/5/2015 11:52 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 09:33 PM, Muggles wrote:
It probably makes you normal!

I worked with a woman who had two outstanding qualities. No matter how
well meaning heterosexual males just found their eyes drifting downward.
She was well aware of the effect and found it very amusing to the point
of wearing t-shirts with witty slogans stretched across them.

I've sometimes wondered about that. Our shop is very informal and many
of the younger people, male and female, wear t-shirts with some sort of
message. Sometimes trying to read the shirt can be a delicate procedure.

LOL You could always just tell them you're trying to read the t-shirt
text even if you're not!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/5/2015 11:55 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 09:28 PM, Muggles wrote:
naaa ... try sewing silk with invisible thread. haha!

Nope. My skills end with sewing buttons on with carpet thread. I do try
to match things so I have two spools, one white and one black. I suppose
the invisible thread needles also have invisible eyes?

When I worked with invisible thread I thought I was going to go blind!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/05/2015 10:28 PM, Muggles wrote:
This is what I did - made the decorated plateau of a principle
ballerina's costume. Swan Lake was one of the ballets I did that for.

Ah Swan Lake. That I know about

http://www.swanlakemontana.org/

The Garden City Ballet has been doing Nutcracker for the last thirty
years of so. I've always managed to miss it. afaik, it's the only one
they've ever done although I think they do outreach in the schools.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/05/2015 10:35 PM, Muggles wrote:
I've got some of that ^ in my freezer right now! My favorite.

I've probably had some sort of Ben & Jerry's ice cream over the years
but not that one. I have about one cone a year from a local business
that makes their own. I lean toward cardamom, sometimes double dip it
with pistachio if it's available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/06/2015 11:07 AM, Muggles wrote:
I've been told that a lot of little boys like to blow things up!

We had an incinerator in the back yard and one of my preferred chores
was burning the trash. That often involved a Molotov cocktail.

Today burning trash would get you arrested in a lot of places let alone
starting the process with a big ball of fire... As far as I can tell
kids these days don't have any fun at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/06/2015 12:28 PM, Muggles wrote:
When I worked with invisible thread I thought I was going to go blind!

I took a pass at bead work at one time. My conclusion was Indian women
had a lot of time on their hands and excellent eye sight. The experiment
lasted about as long as when my mother tried petit point.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 2:07 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 10:35 PM, Muggles wrote:
I've got some of that ^ in my freezer right now! My favorite.

I've probably had some sort of Ben & Jerry's ice cream over the years but not
that one. I have about one cone a year from a local business that makes their
own. I lean toward cardamom, sometimes double dip it with pistachio if it's
available.

Growing up, many of the local dairy farmers would also have
little "concessions" where they would serve ice cream made
from "fresh" cow's milk.

(sigh) How times have changed!

(many store-bought brands are FAR from "cream, sugar, eggs, flavor")

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 2:13 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/06/2015 11:07 AM, Muggles wrote:
I've been told that a lot of little boys like to blow things up!

We had an incinerator in the back yard and one of my preferred chores was
burning the trash. That often involved a Molotov cocktail.

Today burning trash would get you arrested in a lot of places let alone
starting the process with a big ball of fire... As far as I can tell kids
these days don't have any fun at all.

It was common (apparently still allowed) to "burn leaves" when I was
growing up. Town asked that you'd check with the fire marshall before
doing so (as he could then advise if forecast was not appropriate
for burning -- winds, etc.).

New neighbor once got all ****y cuz smoke from our fire was blowing
in her direction. "I told your husband, yesterday, that I was
planning on burning, today. (as a common courtesy)."

Apparently, this wasn't enough to satisfy her indignation. So,
she took it on herself to call fire department and "report" it.
"What's the address, ma'am? ... Yup, he called earlier today
and was advised it would be a 'good' day to burn".

(sigh) You can choose your friends, but NOT your neighbors...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per rbowman:
Today burning trash would get you arrested in a lot of places let alone
starting the process with a big ball of fire... As far as I can tell
kids these days don't have any fun at all.

At the chicken hatchery where I worked during high school, the owner and
his brother told a story about one of their schoolmates taking dynamite
from his father's storeroom (farmers use dynamite in the daily course of
things) and going around town tossing sticks of the stuff down sewer
openings.

I would guess that today something like that would make the national
news and the kid would wind up in prison.

Back then it sounded to me like pretty soon everybody in town knew who
did it, the kid's father wound up paying for the damage, the father
dealt with the kid, and that was the end of it.
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/06/2015 02:54 PM, Don Y wrote:

It was common (apparently still allowed) to "burn leaves" when I was
growing up. Town asked that you'd check with the fire marshall before
doing so (as he could then advise if forecast was not appropriate
for burning -- winds, etc.).

I get a little nostalgic for the smell of burning leaves.

Apparently, this wasn't enough to satisfy her indignation. So,
she took it on herself to call fire department and "report" it.
"What's the address, ma'am? ... Yup, he called earlier today
and was advised it would be a 'good' day to burn".

(sigh) You can choose your friends, but NOT your neighbors...

Spring and fall are the times when the Forest Service does their
controlled burns, and private parties burn their slash piles, ditches,
and so forth. A friend who is a volunteer fireman in a rural area says
it's very common for someone driving by on the interstate to call 911
and report a fire. They have to respond and find someone burning slash
in the backyard.

Of course, a good percentage of 911 calls are garbage anyway. I don't
mean the obvious pranks and false reports, just good neighbors calling
in anything. 'See something, say something' my butt. With the ubiquitous
cellphone in hand, there is no intermediate step that involves assessing
the situation.

We're ready for the block wardens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 2:55 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 10:28 PM, Muggles wrote:
This is what I did - made the decorated plateau of a principle
ballerina's costume. Swan Lake was one of the ballets I did that for.

Ah Swan Lake. That I know about

http://www.swanlakemontana.org/

The Garden City Ballet has been doing Nutcracker for the last thirty
years of so. I've always managed to miss it. afaik, it's the only one
they've ever done although I think they do outreach in the schools.

When I worked at the ballet, I think I worked on about 5 or 6 different
ballets before I left there. I do remember Swan Lake, and I also worked
on costumes for the Nutcracker at least twice.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 3:07 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 10:35 PM, Muggles wrote:
I've got some of that ^ in my freezer right now! My favorite.

I've probably had some sort of Ben & Jerry's ice cream over the years
but not that one. I have about one cone a year from a local business
that makes their own. I lean toward cardamom, sometimes double dip it
with pistachio if it's available.

I do like pistachio, but I love the combination of cherry & choc chip.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 3:13 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/06/2015 11:07 AM, Muggles wrote:
I've been told that a lot of little boys like to blow things up!

We had an incinerator in the back yard and one of my preferred chores
was burning the trash. That often involved a Molotov cocktail.

Today burning trash would get you arrested in a lot of places let alone
starting the process with a big ball of fire... As far as I can tell
kids these days don't have any fun at all.

yeah ... They don't learn to respect those things, either.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 3:17 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/06/2015 12:28 PM, Muggles wrote:
When I worked with invisible thread I thought I was going to go blind!

I took a pass at bead work at one time. My conclusion was Indian women
had a lot of time on their hands and excellent eye sight. The experiment
lasted about as long as when my mother tried petit point.

For a time I really loved doing that sort of work, but a few years of
doing it kind of got to my upper back and I had to quit because of the
pain it caused.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 3:16 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/06/2015 02:54 PM, Don Y wrote:

It was common (apparently still allowed) to "burn leaves" when I was
growing up. Town asked that you'd check with the fire marshall before
doing so (as he could then advise if forecast was not appropriate
for burning -- winds, etc.).

I get a little nostalgic for the smell of burning leaves.

Leaves are OK. I have a problem with fireplaces, though. I suspect
something in the wood (saps, etc.) that upsets allergies.

Then, of course, you have the Moe-rons who try to burn oleander
clippings!! Sheesh! It's a wonder some people can survive their
own stupidity! :

Apparently, this wasn't enough to satisfy her indignation. So,
she took it on herself to call fire department and "report" it.
"What's the address, ma'am? ... Yup, he called earlier today
and was advised it would be a 'good' day to burn".

(sigh) You can choose your friends, but NOT your neighbors...

Spring and fall are the times when the Forest Service does their controlled
burns, and private parties burn their slash piles, ditches, and so forth. A
friend who is a volunteer fireman in a rural area says it's very common for
someone driving by on the interstate to call 911 and report a fire. They have
to respond and find someone burning slash in the backyard.

One evening a couple of years ago, I had a strong smell of burning wood
*inside* the house. Given that I almost ALWAYS have a kettle of water
on the stove (tea), I immediately suspect I may have left something
nearby and it had caught fire, etc.

Nope. whew But, where the hell is that STRONG smell coming from?

Most of rear of house is glass. Happened to look to the back yard to
see the sky behind us bright orange. No, not a "far off glow" but,
rather, light that you could *read* by!

Turns out a neighbor's house had caught fire (short in car battery).
House burned to the ground. Fire department came (second time; the
*first* time they doused the car fire -- but apparently not
completely!) and refused to enter the home. Woman who had lived
there was a horder -- hallways were filled with stacks of newspaper,
boxes of "stuff", etc.

They just let it burn and tried to contain it from spreading to any of the
neighbors' homes.

Of course, they may have regretted the decision, later, when the city had
to pay replacement cost for the home -- "failing to douse the original
fire!"

Ooops!

Of course, a good percentage of 911 calls are garbage anyway. I don't mean the
obvious pranks and false reports, just good neighbors calling in anything. 'See
something, say something' my butt. With the ubiquitous cellphone in hand, there
is no intermediate step that involves assessing the situation.

We're ready for the block wardens.

Yup. Neighbor was out attending a leak at THEIR water main. Squad rolled
up...
"What's going on, here?"
"Nothing, officer, we're just trying to fix a water leak!"
"frown We had a report of 'suspicious activity' at this address..."

Neighborhood Nazi's. "Vee awl must have UNIVORM behaviour, UNIVORM
thought, yah?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 3:09 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per rbowman:
Today burning trash would get you arrested in a lot of places let alone
starting the process with a big ball of fire... As far as I can tell
kids these days don't have any fun at all.

At the chicken hatchery where I worked during high school, the owner and
his brother told a story about one of their schoolmates taking dynamite
from his father's storeroom (farmers use dynamite in the daily course of
things) and going around town tossing sticks of the stuff down sewer
openings.

My FinL used to dig trenches with the stuff. Apparently a real labor
saver -- just lay sticks along the soil where you'd like the trench...

I would guess that today something like that would make the national
news and the kid would wind up in prison.

Back then it sounded to me like pretty soon everybody in town knew who
did it, the kid's father wound up paying for the damage, the father
dealt with the kid, and that was the end of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 3:29 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 12/6/2015 3:07 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 10:35 PM, Muggles wrote:
I've got some of that ^ in my freezer right now! My favorite.

I've probably had some sort of Ben & Jerry's ice cream over the years
but not that one. I have about one cone a year from a local business
that makes their own. I lean toward cardamom, sometimes double dip it
with pistachio if it's available.

I do like pistachio, but I love the combination of cherry & choc chip.

Almond (flavored ice cream) and dark choc chips is similarly potent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/06/2015 04:15 PM, Don Y wrote:
My FinL used to dig trenches with the stuff. Apparently a real labor
saver -- just lay sticks along the soil where you'd like the trench...

Back when mountain bikes were just catching on, the assistant ranger
wanted to build some bike trails. I scouted out his suggested path, a
lot of which incorporated old logging roads or well trodden game trails
and wouldn't be much work. However one section dropped off a road down
to a little creek before a short climb up to another road. It was rocky
and looked like a real project.

The smoke jumpers to the rescue! It was a slow fire season and they were
bored enough to see it as a fun opportunity. Part of their bag of tricks
are fireline explosives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvdQBACVwHQ

Instant bike trail.

We also built a nature trail where one of the informative stops was
illustrating pond succession:

http://crescentok.com/staff/jaskew/isr/biology/a5g.htm

The problem was the pond was pretty far along in the process. More FLE
set in back about 25 years. That wasn't the only little adjustment. I'm
not a real fan of hawthorn so when I was brushing out the route and came
across a hawthorn I sawed it down the ground level and gingerly threw it
on a burn pile. Things were good until the ranger showed me her list of
the stops along the trail. 'Er, Annie, about that hawthorn at stop 3..."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/06/2015 04:15 PM, Don Y wrote:

Almond (flavored ice cream) and dark choc chips is similarly potent.

Ah, the Burnt Toasted Almond... Rather deadly little things, Kahlua,
amaretto, vodka, and cream, taste just like a milkshake.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 12:07:52 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 12/6/2015 1:47 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 11:43:28 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 07:47 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do you walk through a hardware store or dig through a box of disparate parts and visualize in your head how you could bring items together to build a functional gizmo?

Sure. Doesn't everyone?

Some people think of how to use the stuff to make a bomb. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

I've been told that a lot of little boys like to blow things up!
--
Maggie

I know a few girls who like to blow things. t(ツ)_/¯

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

[8~{} Uncle Lascivious Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 4:09:53 PM UTC-6, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per rbowman:
[...]

Holy crap! When I was in school, there were some junior terrorists who thought it was a lot of fun to flush lit M-80 firecrackers down the toilets. This was back in the day when semi-capital punishment was allowed in schools. O_o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-80_(explosive)

[8~{} Uncle Exploding Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What medications are you most Afraid of?

[This followup was posted to alt.home.repair and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

posted for all of us...

Doctors often get "points" from drug companies for prescribing THEIR
meds. These points get them gifts or money, or whatever. Your doctor may
NOT have your best interests in mind. Because of these "points" doctors
tend to over prescribe meds. When I'm offerred a prescription, my first
question is "Is this necessary to cure my ailment or is this just to
cover up the pain?". Most of the time it's just a coverup drug.

I've almost always been affected by the side effects of drugs more than
they help me, so normally I tell the doctor I can do without the meds.
Yes, there have been a few exceptions to this, where the pain was
unbearable. Especially an infected tooth. But most of the time I refuse
these pain meds. I'd rather take a couple shots of liquor than deal with
the side effects of the meds.

On the other side, if the meds are something that will actually cure
what ails me, then I usually take them. But even there some doctors tend
to over prescribe. Especially antibiotics. Heck, a year ago, I had a
"boil", which is pretty much a large pus filled pimple. I've had these
before, and most of the time I drain them myself. Once they are drained,
they heal. But I had one in a place I could not reach, so I finally went
to the doctor. He drained it, then prescribed antibiotics. I questioned
this, and the doctor said "it's just a precaution". I said I'd rather
not take an antibiotic for "THIS", since I know how people can become
immune to them, and I'd rather use them if I was to get severely ill.
The doc said, "they're really not necessary for this, but I'm supposed
to offer them as a precaution". I said, in that case, I'll pass....

As far as the topic of this message, I am "AFRAID" of ALL medications.
But I have good cause. As I said, I almost always get lots of the side
effects, but to add to this, I almost died from a prescribed drug, which
was given to me for a respiratory issue. I was given this drug, took it
as prescribed, and four days later I collapsed, and had a full blown
emergency situation. My blood pressure went real high, and I have never
had high blood pressure. The doctor in the Emergency Room looked at my
medical records (which he got from their computer), and said "has this
ever happened before". I said I have never had any blood pressure
problems. His next question was "are you taking any drugs or
medications". I told him about this stuff I was prescribed four days
ago, and the amount I was taking. He said "Bingo".... "That drug
accumulates in the body, and you were prescribed a very high dose, that
explains what happened".

Once I was stabalized, he sent me home, but said DO NOT take that drug
anymore. I replied "NO ****"..... Then he told me to go back to the
doctor that prescribed it, and explain what happened, and ask them to
find a "safer drug". It took me almost a week to feel normal again...
The doc that prescribed that stuff, told me that I had a "rare" side
effect, but it is one of the side effects listed for the drug. Rather
than prescribe any more pills, I was just given an inhaler to clear out
my respiratory system. That did not cause any real problems, and seemed
to work well.

We've heard it all before, everyones different. If he did not offer the
antibiotic then he could have been sued because he went out of best
practices. Remember, they are only "practicing"
--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles
Sat, 05
Dec 2015 22:11:16 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 12/5/2015 3:35 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 12/3/2015 10:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 12/3/2015 9:22 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/02/2015 11:15 PM, Muggles wrote:
I've been doing some exercises since it started hurting, and
it actually
seems to be helping.

I'd started using trekking poles. While they helped for a
while I became
concerned that they might be counterproductive by ultimately
reducing the strength of the supporting musculature so I
stopped using them for a
while. I'll use them this winter but that will be for
avoiding falls on
icy trails rather than just habitually grabbing them.

Last year I was very sick and lost all muscle tone in both
legs, so starting around the middle of January this year I had
to work to regain my legs back, and it's taken a while to get
the muscle tone and strength
back, but I hadn't worked as hard on strengthening my knees.
I guess I thought they were fine, but this little injury was a
wake-up call to pay
more attention to them for sure.

Also don't forget circulation issue. Taking L-Glutamine(most
common amino acid in our body) capsules or powder helps muscle
recovery from fatigue.

Is that the same as taking Glucosamine/Condroitin?

If you ask that question, refresh time for biology/chemistry
class.

I never took either class. I chose different science classes in
high school.

How do you get out of biology? That wasn't an optional course when I
attended school. Chem1 wasn't optional, either...

--
Hey listen...
On your way back up, bring some popcorn...With salt.