Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/6/2015 2:13 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/06/2015 11:07 AM, Muggles wrote:
I've been told that a lot of little boys like to blow things up!

We had an incinerator in the back yard and one of my preferred chores was
burning the trash. That often involved a Molotov cocktail.

Today burning trash would get you arrested in a lot of places let alone
starting the process with a big ball of fire... As far as I can tell kids
these days don't have any fun at all.

It was common (apparently still allowed) to "burn leaves" when I was
growing up. Town asked that you'd check with the fire marshall before
doing so (as he could then advise if forecast was not appropriate
for burning -- winds, etc.).

New neighbor once got all ****y cuz smoke from our fire was blowing
in her direction. "I told your husband, yesterday, that I was
planning on burning, today. (as a common courtesy)."

Apparently, this wasn't enough to satisfy her indignation. So,
she took it on herself to call fire department and "report" it.
"What's the address, ma'am? ... Yup, he called earlier today
and was advised it would be a 'good' day to burn".

(sigh) You can choose your friends, but NOT your neighbors...