Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_4_] Muggles[_4_] is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/5/2015 11:42 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 06:40 PM, Muggles wrote:
I did enjoy using the treadmill at the gym more than the elliptical. I
never had the balance to run on a treadmill, though.

I keep a firm grip on the handles. I recently got one of those strapless
heart rate monitors that are a wris****ch where you put two fingers on
the sensors. My first attempt to focus on my wrist on a treadmill came
close to launching me off the back end.

haha I like how you put that "launching off the back end".

I saw one website that claimed there was a correlation between several
physical tests and expected longevity. One was balancing on one foot
with your eyes closed. I'll be lucky to wake up tomorrow morning.

Another was the ability to go from a standing position to seated on the
floor and then to rise again without using your hands. I could get down
more or less gracefully but getting up was a no go. However I can't
remember a time in my life when I could do so. The woman demonstrating
it had her legs crossed and sort of scissored her way up but I expect
she doubles as a yoga instructor. Or was sufficiently endowed that she
could lean forward and get her center of gravity over her feet.

I've heard that one reason why women can do some balance things better
than men is because a woman's center of gravity is lower in her hips,
but a mans is higher in his chest, which makes it more difficult for men
to balance.
--
Maggie