Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

Muggles
Sat, 05
Dec 2015 22:11:16 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 12/5/2015 3:35 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 12/3/2015 10:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
On 12/3/2015 9:22 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/02/2015 11:15 PM, Muggles wrote:
I've been doing some exercises since it started hurting, and
it actually
seems to be helping.

I'd started using trekking poles. While they helped for a
while I became
concerned that they might be counterproductive by ultimately
reducing the strength of the supporting musculature so I
stopped using them for a
while. I'll use them this winter but that will be for
avoiding falls on
icy trails rather than just habitually grabbing them.

Last year I was very sick and lost all muscle tone in both
legs, so starting around the middle of January this year I had
to work to regain my legs back, and it's taken a while to get
the muscle tone and strength
back, but I hadn't worked as hard on strengthening my knees.
I guess I thought they were fine, but this little injury was a
wake-up call to pay
more attention to them for sure.

Also don't forget circulation issue. Taking L-Glutamine(most
common amino acid in our body) capsules or powder helps muscle
recovery from fatigue.

Is that the same as taking Glucosamine/Condroitin?

If you ask that question, refresh time for biology/chemistry
class.

I never took either class. I chose different science classes in
high school.

How do you get out of biology? That wasn't an optional course when I
attended school. Chem1 wasn't optional, either...

--
Hey listen...
On your way back up, bring some popcorn...With salt.