Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Elder drivers a quandry.

On 5/29/2015 11:04 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 9:51:10 PM UTC-5, rebel wrote:
On 5/29/2015 8:09 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2015 13:18:27 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

when the bandage on my lower leg leaked while I was standing next to my bed.

HOW interesting!! Your brother, TDD, had the same exact concern with
his lower leg bandage leaking. He posted about it here. Fascinating
how both of you have/had the SAME exact symptoms....

Did you read the list of side effects? Suicide? {{{shudders}}}

I do eat small children when I can catch them but I haven't had any real
side effects. I was given one medication for pain that caused involuntary
tremors, my hands to shake and I wet the bed. It turns out that it interacted
with one of my blood pressure meds. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Tinkle Monster

I don't need meds to make my hands shake! They do that already on their
own. The heart medicine they put me on made my blood pressure too low,
though. They told me to take half a pill instead of a whole pill. That
seems to be working better.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote in
:

There you go again you lying illiterate buffoon. If you had read my
posts, you would know that I'm sitting in a hospital bed at a nursing
and rehab center because I can't walk.

Hi Uncle Monster,

Well, better you than me.

(BTW, did you pick up that nym watching Sesame Stree?)

Let me guess: You led a very healthy lifestyle, avoided sugars, fats,
excessive carbos, ate lots of veggies and neutritious food. But somehow
you ran into these health problems. How did it happen?

Well, I hope you feel better soon?

Your Friend Forever
Mr. NUT
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 1:11:22 PM UTC-5, Zak W wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote in
:

There you go again you lying illiterate buffoon. If you had read my
posts, you would know that I'm sitting in a hospital bed at a nursing
and rehab center because I can't walk.

Hi Uncle Monster,

Well, better you than me.

(BTW, did you pick up that nym watching Sesame Stree?)

Let me guess: You led a very healthy lifestyle, avoided sugars, fats,
excessive carbos, ate lots of veggies and neutritious food. But somehow
you ran into these health problems. How did it happen?

Well, I hope you feel better soon?

Your Friend Forever
Mr. NUT

I was overweight at one time because of sugar laden soft drinks. When I was working I would sweat like a thunderstorm so I drank a lot of fluids which turned out to be sugar sweetened soft drinks and iced tea. When I switched to diet soft drinks and unsweetened iced tea, I dropped 100 lbs in two months. I'm now 145 lbs lighter than my heaviest, my belly is gone and I can see Mr.Happy without a mirror. I now have normal blood sugar but the damage had already been done before I cut out the liquid sugar 15 years ago. I've never had a beer or so much as a glass of wine in my life. I've never smoked anything legal or illegal in my life and I've never taken any illegal or recreational drug. I actually despise the damn pills the doctors give me. My medical problems were caused by exposure to lots of secondhand smoke as a child which has caused me severe breathing problems for my whole life. Even now, tobacco smoke is like pepper spray to me. Back in the middle of the last century when I was born, no one knew any better than to expose a child in or out of the womb to the byproducts of burning tobacco. Numerous injuries have built up over the years until my knees and shoulders are shot but the most damaging thing to my health has been the sugar in iced tea and soft drinks. Two of my brothers have the same problems to some degree or the other because of a family history of arthritis and diabetes. I have damage to my lower legs due to venous stasis but the circulation is back and my legs are slowly healing. I had a heart attack because my heart hadn't been beating correctly for a very long time and since my heart was shocked back into the correct rhythm, I now have a resting heart rate of less than 60 beats per minute when it was 100 or more before treatment. When the physical terrorists get through with me and I can walk again, I'll be going home. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Healing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/2015 3:51 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

My parents were chain smokers, so I know what you mean about secondhand
smoke, and what it does to kids health.

--
rebel

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 5:51:37 PM UTC-5, rebel wrote:
[...]

Yea but you can't hate your parents for it because back when you were born in the last century, no one knew any better. Today, I get upset when I see a pregnant young woman smoking. I want to slap her and shake her while yelling at her for being so friggin stupid but I simply do it in my head and go about my business feeling sorry for the poor unborn child. A sure sign of a civilized man is the repression of the urge to choke the life out of some idiot for doing something stupid. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Strangle Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/2015 7:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Both my parents died from diseases caused by smoking, so I hate the
smoking and the addiction it causes. As a child I was sick a lot.
Respiratory illnesses, ear infections, and severe nausea when I'd be
around secondhand smoke in combination with other VOCs like gasoline
fumes, or even just being in a furniture store. I suppose I'm allergic
to cigarette smoke now and if I walk past someone who is smoking or has
been smoking I have to hold my breath or I get very nauseous or start
having breathing problems. I want to just scream at them "you're
poisoning the air I breath and poisoning me!"

--
rebel

Posted to alt.home.repair

My parents were chain smokers, so I know what you mean about secondhand
smoke, and what it does to kids health.

--
rebel

I believe its time to call smoking around an child what it truly is

CHILD ABUSE

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 May 2015 21:43:56 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:
My parents were chain smokers, so I know what
you mean about secondhand smoke, and what it
does to kids health.

I believe its time to call smoking around an child
what it truly is
CHILD ABUSE

I don't know what to call it. Endangering the life of a minor?
Ignorance? Selfishness?

I just know it makes kids sick and they end up suffering from
something they didn't need to suffer from. Allergies, asthma, ear
infections, bronchitis, sinus infections, and that's just the mild
stuff. Turns my stomach in more ways than one when I see people
smoking around kids.

--
rebel

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My parents were chain smokers, so I know what
you mean about secondhand smoke, and what it
does to kids health.

I believe its time to call smoking around an child
what it truly is
CHILD ABUSE

I don't know what to call it. Endangering the life of a minor?
Ignorance? Selfishness?

I just know it makes kids sick and they end up suffering from
something they didn't need to suffer from. Allergies, asthma, ear
infections, bronchitis, sinus infections, and that's just the mild
stuff. Turns my stomach in more ways than one when I see people
smoking around kids.

--
rebel

We are the result of the early experiments which people should have paid attention to a long time ago. I know that there are selfish drug and alcohol addicted parents out there still harming children whether they realize it or not but the child protective services decide to go after parents who let their children walk alone to a neighborhood park to play. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Angry Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/2015 7:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 5:51:37 PM UTC-5, rebel wrote:
On 5/30/2015 3:51 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

A sure sign of a civilized man is the
repression of the urge to choke the life out of some idiot for doing
something stupid. 8-)

No, that is the classic definition of "Stress"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 May 2015 23:42:40 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote in

We are the result of the early experiments which people should have paid attention to a long time ago. I know that there are selfish drug and alcohol addicted parents out there still harming children whether they realize it or not but the child protective services decide to go after parents who let their children walk alone to a neighborhood park to play. o_O

Strange. I noticed over many years lots of Asian children from homes
where both parents and older siblings smoke, and they don't seem to be
affected. They grow up in a small apartment were all the adults
smoke, when they go to school they are "A" students, when they get
older they themselves smoke, are not overweight and seem healthy.

I wonder if Asians are less susceptible to smoke?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Elder drivers and smokers

On 5/31/2015 12:15 AM, rebel wrote:
Both my parents died from diseases caused by smoking, so I hate the
smoking and the addiction it causes. As a child I was sick a lot.
Respiratory illnesses, ear infections, and severe nausea when I'd be
around secondhand smoke in combination with other VOCs like gasoline
fumes, or even just being in a furniture store. I suppose I'm allergic
to cigarette smoke now and if I walk past someone who is smoking or has
been smoking I have to hold my breath or I get very nauseous or start
having breathing problems. I want to just scream at them "you're
poisoning the air I breath and poisoning me!"

Much the same, here. Except that Mom is still
alive. The people across the street all smoke,
except the 12 year old boy, and he's probably
snuck a few. Yikk, can't stand to get near
them. The guy down the street comes up to visit
and sit and chat, he's not washed his clothes
I guess, makes my eyes burn to get within a few
feet of him.

They all protest "I've got the right to smoke".
Guess I've got the right to spray Mace and pepper
spray at them?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 7:00:09 AM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 5/30/2015 7:54 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 5:51:37 PM UTC-5, rebel wrote:
On 5/30/2015 3:51 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

A sure sign of a civilized man is the
repression of the urge to choke the life out of some idiot for doing
something stupid. 8-)

No, that is the classic definition of "Stress"

I go through a lot of stress then. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Stressed Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 7:41:31 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I fully support the right of any adult to do what they wish to their own body as long as they don't harm anyone else, especially children. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Mean Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 7:34:40 AM UTC-5, CRNG wrote:
[...]

Perhaps there isn't as much smoke exposure to the kids? The Asian diet may be full of antioxidants and other things that fight free radicals. Then there is the fact that the cave Asian may have evolved to be immune to the effects of smoke. ^_^

Paleo Cigarettes?

[8~{} Uncle Cave Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I don't know what to call it. Endangering the life of
a minor? Ignorance? Selfishness?

I just know it makes kids sick and they end up
suffering from something they didn't need to
suffer from. Allergies, asthma, ear infections,
bronchitis, sinus infections, and that's just the mild
stuff. Turns my stomach in more ways than one
when I see people smoking around kids.

We are the result of the early experiments which
people should have paid attention to a long time
ago. I know that there are selfish drug and alcohol
addicted parents out there still harming children
whether they realize it or not but the child protective
services decide to go after parents who let

I agree with you!

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 08:41:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:
having breathing problems. I want to just scream
at them "you're poisoning the air I breath and
poisoning me!"

Much the same, here. Except that Mom is still
alive. The people across the street all smoke,
except the 12 year old boy, and he's probably
snuck a few. Yikk, can't stand to get near
them. The guy down the street comes up to visit
and sit and chat, he's not washed his clothes
I guess, makes my eyes burn to get within a few
feet of him.

If I'm near someone whose been smoking, the stench of the smoke is
still on their clothes, and it turns my stomach. It's a horrible
kind of nausea.

They all protest "I've got the right to smoke".
Guess I've got the right to spray Mace and pepper
spray at them?

I like people, and it saddens me when just being around then turns my
stomach, and there's nothing I can do to change that.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 05:47:55 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
I fully support the right of any adult to do what they
wish to their own body as long as they don't harm
anyone else, especially children. O_o

They either don't care or don't understand how much harm the
secondhand smoke can do to people around them.

--
rebel

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 05:43:07 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
I go through a lot of stress then. ^_^

I resemble that remark! lol

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Then there are the people who stopped smoking and
started again because smoking helps block the
effects of too many people wearing way too much
perfume.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Those fumes turn my stomach just as much as cigarette fumes do. I'm
have the same reaction to other VOC's in the air. I don't come across
many people wearing strong colognes or perfumes any more, though.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

rebel wrote in news:almarsoft.1997455606763083921
@reader443.eternal-september.org:

If I'm near someone whose been smoking, the stench of the smoke is
still on their clothes, and it turns my stomach. It's a horrible
kind of nausea.

Probably because you are a whining faggot looking for attention. Are you
allergic to peanuts and glueton too?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 1:06 PM, Zak W wrote:
rebel wrote in news:almarsoft.1997455606763083921
@reader443.eternal-september.org:

If I'm near someone whose been smoking, the stench of the smoke is
still on their clothes, and it turns my stomach. It's a horrible
kind of nausea.

Probably because you are a whining faggot looking for attention. Are you
allergic to peanuts and glueton too?

Sexual preference doesn't matter. Smokers stink!

All that aside, anyone that smokes cigarettes is a ****ing idiot. Sheeeesh!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 1:18:20 PM UTC-5, Jim and Susan McDoogal wrote:
On 5/31/2015 1:06 PM, Zak W wrote:
rebel wrote in news:almarsoft.1997455606763083921
@reader443.eternal-september.org:

If I'm near someone whose been smoking, the stench of the smoke is
still on their clothes, and it turns my stomach. It's a horrible
kind of nausea.

Probably because you are a whining faggot looking for attention. Are you
allergic to peanuts and glueton too?

Sexual preference doesn't matter. Smokers stink!

All that aside, anyone that smokes cigarettes is a ****ing idiot. Sheeeesh!

I'm horribly allergic to the smoke but I fully support any adult's right to be an idiot as long as their idiocy harms no one else but themselves.
I really get angry when their idiocy harms children. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Angry Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 8:47 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I fully support the right of any adult to do

what they wish to their own body as long as
they don't harm anyone else, especially
children. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Mean Monster

I'd like to see self inflicted diseases to be
not covered by Affordable Care Act. For example
a smoking related cancer won't be treated by
tax payer dollars.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 9:51 AM, rebel wrote:
They all protest "I've got the right to smoke".
Guess I've got the right to spray Mace and pepper
spray at them?

I like people, and it saddens me when just being around then turns my
stomach, and there's nothing I can do to change that.

Like me, in most cases you can change your
location and remove to fresh air.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
having breathing problems. I want to just scream
at them "you're poisoning the air I breath and
poisoning me!"

Much the same, here. Except that Mom is still
alive. The people across the street all smoke,
except the 12 year old boy, and he's probably
snuck a few. Yikk, can't stand to get near
them. The guy down the street comes up to visit
and sit and chat, he's not washed his clothes
I guess, makes my eyes burn to get within a few
feet of him.

If I'm near someone whose been smoking, the stench of the smoke is still
on their clothes, and it turns my stomach. It's a horrible kind of nausea.

You have the right to vomit on any smoker you
wish to.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 6:03:12 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd like to see self inflicted diseases to be
not covered by Affordable Care Act. For example
a smoking related cancer won't be treated by
tax payer dollars.

A truly un-Christian statement...besides smoking is an addiction. So you would deny a suffering human that is considered part of the Body of Christ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 6:04 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/31/2015 9:51 AM, rebel wrote:
They all protest "I've got the right to smoke".
Guess I've got the right to spray Mace and pepper
spray at them?

I like people, and it saddens me when just being around then turns my
stomach, and there's nothing I can do to change that.

Like me, in most cases you can change your
location and remove to fresh air.

That's a good thing, and I do it pretty fast, too. I can't hold my
breath that long.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
having breathing problems. I want to just scream
at them "you're poisoning the air I breath and
poisoning me!"

Much the same, here. Except that Mom is still
alive. The people across the street all smoke,
except the 12 year old boy, and he's probably
snuck a few. Yikk, can't stand to get near
them. The guy down the street comes up to visit
and sit and chat, he's not washed his clothes
I guess, makes my eyes burn to get within a few
feet of him.

If I'm near someone whose been smoking, the stench of the smoke is still
on their clothes, and it turns my stomach. It's a horrible kind of
nausea.

You have the right to vomit on any smoker you
wish to.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 7:18:40 PM UTC-4, Pthirus Pubis wrote:
On 5/31/2015 7:03 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd like to see self inflicted diseases to be
not covered by Affordable Care Act. For example
a smoking related cancer won't be treated by
tax payer dollars.

+1

jack up the tax on tobacco to cover the costs of smoking related illnesses.

australia ha a great idea, a buck a pack tax, that increases a buck a year forever.

year 2, 2 buck extra tax, year 10 10 bucks extra.

recently i saw a very pregnant gal smoking at a mall entrance. i stopped and asked her dont you care at all about your child? she gave me a dirty look..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 10:23:53 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 7:18:40 PM UTC-4, Pthirus Pubis wrote:
On 5/31/2015 7:03 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd like to see self inflicted diseases to be
not covered by Affordable Care Act. For example
a smoking related cancer won't be treated by
tax payer dollars.

+1

jack up the tax on tobacco to cover the costs of smoking related illnesses.

australia ha a great idea, a buck a pack tax, that increases a buck a year forever.

year 2, 2 buck extra tax, year 10 10 bucks extra.

recently i saw a very pregnant gal smoking at a mall entrance. i stopped and asked her dont you care at all about your child? she gave me a dirty look..

Smokers are drug addicts. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 May 2015 20:23:45 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote in

recently i saw a very pregnant gal smoking at a mall entrance.
i stopped and asked her dont you care at all about your child?

If she had been minimally articulate she would have responded to the
effect "..does it look like I care? Of course not. All I care about
is me and now. And there are a lot of us that feel the same way.
After all, we have your tax $$$ to take care of us if we get sick so
we can enjoy the here-and-now".

she gave me a dirty look..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2015 8:19 AM, CRNG wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2015 20:23:45 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote in

recently i saw a very pregnant gal smoking at a mall entrance.
i stopped and asked her dont you care at all about your child?

If she had been minimally articulate she would have responded to the
effect "..does it look like I care? Of course not. All I care about
is me and now. And there are a lot of us that feel the same way.
After all, we have your tax $$$ to take care of us if we get sick so
we can enjoy the here-and-now".

Amazing, how young people think they will live
forever. Wisdom is so wasted on the elderly.
-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2015 11:23 PM, bob haller wrote:

recently i saw a very pregnant gal smoking
at a mall entrance. i stopped and asked her
dont you care at all about your child? she
gave me a dirty look..

I will admit to that "right now" syndrome at
least once. I remember a tooth ache that needed
a mix of pain pills. Risking organ damage later
for tooth ache now.

Though, my mix of pills didn't risk damaging an
unborn baby.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/31/2015 01:17 PM, Jim and Susan McDoogal wrote:

[snip]

Sexual preference doesn't matter. Smokers stink!

Yes. Also the smoke interferes with the sense of smell (much of what we
call taste is actually smell). I'm glad that restaurants around here
don't allow smoking inside. It's still nasty when you go outside but at
least you get to taste the food.

All that aside, anyone that smokes cigarettes is a ****ing idiot. Sheeeesh!

People say they're addicted. Maybe so, but it's still obnoxious behavior
and there are much better ways to get nicotine. Anyway, I never
understood why anyone would start smoking. It's unpleasant to be around
and a fire hazard.

I remember riding a bus once (about 1976) and the person behind me was
smoking, with a FIRE just 2-3 inches from my hair.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Trying to find God is a good deal like looking for money one has lost
in a dream." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other
Essays_]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/31/2015 01:38 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

I'm horribly allergic to the smoke but I fully support any adult's right to be an idiot as long as
their idiocy harms no one else but themselves.

I had a teacher once who told about going into a bar for a drink, then
walking around the room spitting in everyone's face. That's what smoking
is like.

And there may be a "designated smoking area", but the smoke doesn't
follow the rules and stay there.

I really get angry when their idiocy harms children. O_o

As to that last thing, I remember those TV "public service" things that
show a couple of really heavy smokers in a smoke filled room. They say
they have no idea why their young son is coughing so much.

[8~{} Uncle Angry Monster

I've seen some bumper stickers that say "at least I can still smoke in
my car". A feel like adding "but not in MY car".

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Trying to find God is a good deal like looking for money one has lost
in a dream." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other
Essays_]

O/T: Elder Humor Lew Hodgett[_4_] Woodworking 0 August 12th 09 11:01 PM
seasoning elder? Jack Campin - bogus address Woodworking 4 October 7th 08 05:41 AM
Box Elder? rjdankert Woodturning 12 July 20th 07 01:22 PM
Looking for Box Elder Prometheus Woodworking 2 May 22nd 05 01:25 PM
Box elder moyo Woodturning 0 July 9th 03 03:42 AM