Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Elder drivers and smokers

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 7:41:31 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/31/2015 12:15 AM, rebel wrote:
Both my parents died from diseases caused by smoking, so I hate the
smoking and the addiction it causes. As a child I was sick a lot.
Respiratory illnesses, ear infections, and severe nausea when I'd be
around secondhand smoke in combination with other VOCs like gasoline
fumes, or even just being in a furniture store. I suppose I'm allergic
to cigarette smoke now and if I walk past someone who is smoking or has
been smoking I have to hold my breath or I get very nauseous or start
having breathing problems. I want to just scream at them "you're
poisoning the air I breath and poisoning me!"

Much the same, here. Except that Mom is still
alive. The people across the street all smoke,
except the 12 year old boy, and he's probably
snuck a few. Yikk, can't stand to get near
them. The guy down the street comes up to visit
and sit and chat, he's not washed his clothes
I guess, makes my eyes burn to get within a few
feet of him.

They all protest "I've got the right to smoke".
Guess I've got the right to spray Mace and pepper
spray at them?

-

I fully support the right of any adult to do what they wish to their own body as long as they don't harm anyone else, especially children. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Mean Monster