Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Car insurance complaints

Seriously thinking of changing from Farmers to AARP/Hartford car insurance
to get much cheaper rates when I upgraded my vehicle to a newer one.
Googled

AARP/Hartford auto insurance complaints

Some real stunners! Was horrified! Then tried Geico, Farmers, Progressive,
etc. Same thing. Seems there are problems with all of them? Guess I'll have
to switch to taking cabs?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 1:04 PM, KenK wrote:
Seriously thinking of changing from Farmers to AARP/Hartford car insurance
to get much cheaper rates when I upgraded my vehicle to a newer one.
Googled

AARP/Hartford auto insurance complaints

Some real stunners! Was horrified! Then tried Geico, Farmers, Progressive,
etc. Same thing. Seems there are problems with all of them? Guess I'll have
to switch to taking cabs?

Insurance business is the biggest scam around. Insurance lobbyists have
politicians in the palm of their hands.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2014 1:04 PM, KenK wrote:
Seriously thinking of changing from Farmers to AARP/Hartford car insurance
to get much cheaper rates when I upgraded my vehicle to a newer one.
Googled

AARP/Hartford auto insurance complaints

Some real stunners! Was horrified! Then tried Geico, Farmers, Progressive,
etc. Same thing. Seems there are problems with all of them? Guess I'll have
to switch to taking cabs?

LOL! You can find "sworn testimony" about any subject on the internuts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:04:48 AM UTC-8, KenK wrote:
Seriously thinking of changing from Farmers to AARP/Hartford car insurance

to get much cheaper rates when I upgraded my vehicle to a newer one.

Googled

AARP/Hartford auto insurance complaints

Some real stunners! Was horrified! Then tried Geico, Farmers, Progressive,

etc. Same thing. Seems there are problems with all of them? Guess I'll have

to switch to taking cabs?

Yes, there are indeed problems with all of them.

I was 20 years with 20th Century (later 21st Century). Then they were bought first by ach-criminal AIG, then by Farmers. The latter screwed me over big-time (long story); I didn't even find out about it until I checked my records 2 years later. Moral; Check your records often!

As to Farmers, I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Wait a minute -- that's exactly who I WOULD recommend them to!!!

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:24:48 AM UTC-8, SBH wrote:
On 3/8/2014 1:04 PM, KenK wrote:

Seriously thinking of changing from Farmers to AARP/Hartford car insurance

to get much cheaper rates when I upgraded my vehicle to a newer one.

Googled

AARP/Hartford auto insurance complaints

Some real stunners! Was horrified! Then tried Geico, Farmers, Progressive,

etc. Same thing. Seems there are problems with all of them? Guess I'll have

to switch to taking cabs?

Insurance business is the biggest scam around. Insurance lobbyists have

politicians in the palm of their hands.

These whores -- er, politicians -- are the ones YOU (collectively) voted into office, sometimes repeatedly. Get your ass out there and study the candidates' records. Election day is November 4.

The $$$ these corrupt lifers get from Big Insurance, Big Oil, Big Medicine, etc. is available online. All you have to do is take a few minutes to look.

My favorite source for the skinny is **Vote Smart***

THE best totally NON-PARTISAN organization that lists it ALL, so you can make up your mind.

A lot of people have to get out there to counteract the blank check the Supreme Court gave to gazillionaire reactionaries like the Koch brothers, et al via the "Citizens United" decision -- a barefaced sell-out of the voting process.

So now we have the best government money can buy. I have supposedly smart friends who are so disgusted -- as are we all!! -- that they say they don't pay attention to politics. Well, kiddies, if you don't protect your rights, they're going down the toilet! Get real!

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/08/2014 02:25 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
So now we have the best government money can buy. I have supposedly smart friends who are so disgusted -- as are we all!! -- that they say they don't pay attention to politics. Well, kiddies, if you don't protect your rights, they're going down the toilet! Get real!

HB

The problem is that politicians are liars.
Politicians say one thing to get elected and do another once in office...and there is no punishment for lying. Politicians are immune from the law.
Joe Taxpayer will suffer stronger consequences for exceeding the speed limit than politicians do for stealing billions from the taxpayers.

The bald-faced liar that said "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan" should be serving prison time right now!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 14:57:35 -0500, Pthirus Pubis
wrote:

On 03/08/2014 02:25 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
So now we have the best government money can buy. I have supposedly smart friends who are so disgusted -- as are we all!! -- that they say they don't pay attention to politics. Well, kiddies, if you don't protect your rights, they're going down the toilet! Get real!

HB

The problem is that politicians are liars.
Politicians say one thing to get elected and do another once in office...and there is no punishment for lying. Politicians are immune from the law.
Joe Taxpayer will suffer stronger consequences for exceeding the speed limit than politicians do for stealing billions from the taxpayers.

The bald-faced liar that said "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan" should be serving prison time right now!

....and his cell mate should be a 300 lb horny faggot! Then we could
see how pro-gay he really is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 11:57:35 AM UTC-8, Pthirus Pubis wrote:
On 03/08/2014 02:25 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

So now we have the best government money can buy. I have supposedly smart friends who are so disgusted -- as are we all!! -- that they say they don't pay attention to politics. Well, kiddies, if you don't protect your rights, they're going down the toilet! Get real!

HB

The problem is that politicians are liars.

Politicians say one thing to get elected and do another once in office...and there is no punishment for lying.Politicians are immune from the law.

Oh yes there is punishment for lying. It's called being voted out of office.
But it takes work on the part of voters, who are big on complaining but not so big on organizing to get rid of crooks.

BTW: Don't underestimate how hard it is for the few good guys in Congress to get anything done in this corrupt system. They have to log roll like crazy and make compromises that stink to their nostrils. A tough job if you have a grain of integrity. It helps to be in a safe district. OTOH, it also helps the crooks to be re-elected if THEY are in a safe district.

HB

Joe Taxpayer will suffer stronger consequences for exceeding the speed limit than politicians do for stealing billions from the taxpayers.

The bald-faced liar that said "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan" should be serving prison time right now!

How about the bald-faced liars under Bush that dragged us into two unwinnable Asian wars. Yellowcake. Tubes part of nuclear equipt. Chalabi, our sole (lying) source to invade. And on and one.Reading the ACTUAL RECORD of those criminals who were pulling puppet Bush's strings; thinking of our soldiers who died for those lies -- and for "wars" that were never winnable... makes you wonder who should be serving prison time right now!

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

going to try Amica, or USAA later this year, but
will also be looking for homeowners package-discount also

marc
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 12:03:01 PM UTC-7, wrote:
going to try Amica, or USAA later this year, but

will also be looking for homeowners package-discount also

marc

I thought Amica was supposed to be one of the better ones, but they are refusing to pay for my repairs that one of their insured caused when she ran into me. I can't afford to fix the car and then sue them, so I might hire a lawyer as soon as I get a firm estimate from my local body shop.

So no, I would not insure with them.

Guess there's no such thing as an ethical insurer.
HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenK" wrote in message
Seriously thinking of changing from Farmers to AARP/Hartford car insurance
to get much cheaper rates when I upgraded my vehicle to a newer one.
Googled

AARP/Hartford auto insurance complaints

Some real stunners! Was horrified! Then tried Geico, Farmers, Progressive,
etc. Same thing. Seems there are problems with all of them? Guess I'll
have
to switch to taking cabs?

Anyone that belives you can't cheat an honest man never had to deal with an
insurance co on a claim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2014 1:21 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I looked up USAA in the J.D. Powers ratings, and they scored a solid 5 stars in all categories. The winner was Erie, a company I'm not familiar with, which also scored well, but not quite as well as USAA.

However, J.D. Powers says USAA is only open to military and their families.
????

HB

Have you checked yourself? Sometimes they have rather loose
qualifications like if your uncle's brother-in-law was drafted in 1952
you qualify.

Remember GEICO was for government employees at one time. Now you
qualify if you've ever watched one of their commercials.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 10, 2014 11:49:38 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/10/2014 1:21 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I looked up USAA in the J.D. Powers ratings, and they scored a solid 5 stars in all categories. The winner was Erie, a company I'm not familiar with, which also scored well, but not quite as well as USAA.

However, J.D. Powers says USAA is only open to military and their families.

????

HB

Have you checked yourself? Sometimes they have rather loose

qualifications like if your uncle's brother-in-law was drafted in 1952

you qualify.

Seriously? My late brother served overseas in WW II. There are probably others somewhere in the family. But I took it to mean wife or husband and children. Would I have to go through the whole thing of applying to USAA -- I hate putting my info out into the ether -- to ascertain their criteria?

Anybody happen to know fer sure?

Remember GEICO was for government employees at one time. Now you

qualify if you've ever watched one of their commercials.

I didn't know that either! When I finally removed the loathesome Farmers from my life, I just signed with GEICO because family members had it. Renewal coming up. I notice they didn't do all that well on J.D. Powers.

What to do...??

TIA for any info on USAA family criteria.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/10/2014 6:43 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Veterans and their immediate family.

Google USAA and see their requirements....

--
Remove MYHAT for email reply.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 10, 2014 10:06:34 AM UTC-7, Peter wrote:
On 3/9/2014 3:03 PM, wrote:

going to try Amica, or USAA later this year, but will also be
looking

for homeowners package-discount also

marc

If you meet their qualification requirements, I highly recommend
USAA.

I've been using their insurance products continuously since 1977
and

(unfortunately) have had several claims over those years on both my
auto

and home owner's policies. Without exception, in three widely
different

geographic areas, their service has been exemplary with respect to
speed

of service/settlement, quality of adjustors and recommended repair

referrals, and fairness. Their rates are low compared with the

competition. When considering their rates, you have to not only

consider the quoted premium, but the fact that there are yearly
partial

premium rebates that offset the already low premiums paid. I say
this

only as a customer, and have no other affiliation or arrangement
with

them.

I looked up USAA in the J.D. Powers ratings, and they scored a solid
5 stars in all categories. The winner was Erie, a company I'm not
familiar with, which also scored well, but not quite as well as
USAA.

However, J.D. Powers says USAA is only open to military and their
families. ????

HB

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/pub_...kredirect=true

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/why_choose_usaa_main
Our investment products, life insurance, and shopping and discounts are
available to other individuals.
USAA auto and property insurance and USAA banking services are not
available due to membership eligibility requirements. New Hampshire and
North Carolina residents who are not eligible for membership may be able
to obtain USAA auto insurance by calling 1-800-531-USAA (8722) to
determine eligibility as defined by these states' mandatory coverage laws.
All other individuals not eligible for USAA auto insurance may be able
to obtain an auto policy through Liberty Mutual Insurance by calling
1-855-349-2149.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Insurance agents need to be beaten to death. I have two workmans comp claims against the White House.

Violently overthrow the uS government

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/9/2014 3:03 PM, wrote:

[...]

Ed, are you saying that Liberty Mutual is somehow connected with USAA?

I checked their ratings on J.D. Powers (not that Powers is God - there is question about whether the rating info comes from companies themselves --
but Liberty Mutual is pretty far down the line.

Does the info you posted imply that Liberty Mutual is a higher-risk insurer?

What, if anything, is their connection with USAA?

STRAIGHT QUESTIONS.

TIA

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/12/2014 1:03 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/why_choose_usaa_main

All other individuals not eligible for USAA auto insurance may be able

to obtain an auto policy through Liberty Mutual Insurance by calling

1-855-349-2149.

Ed, are you saying that Liberty Mutual is somehow connected with USAA?

I checked their ratings on J.D. Powers (not that Powers is God - there is question about whether the rating info comes from companies themselves --
but Liberty Mutual is pretty far down the line.

Does the info you posted imply that Liberty Mutual is a higher-risk insurer?

What, if anything, is their connection with USAA?

STRAIGHT QUESTIONS.

TIA

HB

I just copied the info from the USAA web site. I imagine there is a
connection of some sort though. Just like AARP/Hartford

Nor did I go far enough to find out if they actually check the military
connection or just take your word for it. Seems that if you had a
family member in the service you are eligible to join their association.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I think you misread it. I, as a service member established eligibility;
my wife is eligible as my dependent; my children, and grandchildren are
eligible as children of a member; my sisters are not eligible. There
are a few instances where people who lack the nexus may get insurance,
primarily a few states that require USAA to sell to them as a condition
of doing business in that state.

They are an excellent insurance company, and their bank and investment
services are also top notch.