Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default OT Car insurance complaints

On Monday, March 10, 2014 11:49:38 AM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/10/2014 1:21 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I looked up USAA in the J.D. Powers ratings, and they scored a solid 5 stars in all categories. The winner was Erie, a company I'm not familiar with, which also scored well, but not quite as well as USAA.

However, J.D. Powers says USAA is only open to military and their families.

????

HB

Have you checked yourself? Sometimes they have rather loose

qualifications like if your uncle's brother-in-law was drafted in 1952

you qualify.

Seriously? My late brother served overseas in WW II. There are probably others somewhere in the family. But I took it to mean wife or husband and children. Would I have to go through the whole thing of applying to USAA -- I hate putting my info out into the ether -- to ascertain their criteria?

Anybody happen to know fer sure?

Remember GEICO was for government employees at one time. Now you

qualify if you've ever watched one of their commercials.

I didn't know that either! When I finally removed the loathesome Farmers from my life, I just signed with GEICO because family members had it. Renewal coming up. I notice they didn't do all that well on J.D. Powers.

What to do...??

TIA for any info on USAA family criteria.

HB