Posted to alt.home.repair
Not@home Not@home is offline

Default OT Car insurance complaints

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/12/2014 1:03 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/why_choose_usaa_main

All other individuals not eligible for USAA auto insurance may be able

to obtain an auto policy through Liberty Mutual Insurance by calling

1-855-349-2149.

Ed, are you saying that Liberty Mutual is somehow connected with USAA?

I checked their ratings on J.D. Powers (not that Powers is God - there
is question about whether the rating info comes from companies
themselves --
but Liberty Mutual is pretty far down the line.

Does the info you posted imply that Liberty Mutual is a higher-risk
insurer?

What, if anything, is their connection with USAA?

STRAIGHT QUESTIONS.

TIA

HB

I just copied the info from the USAA web site. I imagine there is a
connection of some sort though. Just like AARP/Hartford

Nor did I go far enough to find out if they actually check the military
connection or just take your word for it. Seems that if you had a
family member in the service you are eligible to join their association.

I think you misread it. I, as a service member established eligibility;
my wife is eligible as my dependent; my children, and grandchildren are
eligible as children of a member; my sisters are not eligible. There
are a few instances where people who lack the nexus may get insurance,
primarily a few states that require USAA to sell to them as a condition
of doing business in that state.

They are an excellent insurance company, and their bank and investment
services are also top notch.