Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guy[_3_] View Post
nestork wrote:

My mother is Ukrainian. My father was born in Ukraine.

All four of my great grandparents on my father's side were born in
Ukraine (the western part) but only two emigrated to Canada after WW1.
My father's mother was thus born in Canada. My father's father was born
in Ukraine and also emigrated to Canada well before WW2.

On my mother's side, her parents were Slovak and I think also at least
half of her grandparents, and they (my grandparents and at least two
great grandparents) also emigrated to Canada before WW2.

I visited Moscow and Kiev and Czechoslovakia for a month back in 1978 as
a teenager during a family trip. We brought lots of consumer goods to
give away, and I felt pretty cool being around other kids there -
wearing my Levi blue jeans.

But growing up, I never got a clear sense of Ukraine in terms of east vs
west, or "true Ukrainian" vs Russian-Ukrainian. Same goes for my dad.
My father (before he died) told me a great truth:

Who hates Communism the most?
Is it the Generals in the Pentagon?
Or the investment bankers on Wall Street?
Or the Archbishops in the Vatican?
No. It's none of those people.

The people that hate communism the most are the people that have lived their lives under it.
They're the only ones willing to risk their lives to be rid of it.

Prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union, there were East Germans risking their lives every year trying to get across the Berlin Wall. And the same thing would have happened in every Soviet Republic if the freedom to do and say as one thought were only 300 meters away; across a 300 meter wide strip of ground saturated with land mines.

Last edited by nestork : March 4th 14 at 04:56 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thanks to the US Navy from Canada

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 02:07:22 +0100, nestork
wrote:

My father (before he died) told me a great truth:
Who hates Communism the most?
Is it the Generals in the Pentagon?
Or the investment bankers on Wall Street?
Or the Bishops and Archbishops in the Vatican?
No. It's the people that have lived under communism.
They're the only ones willing to risk their lives to be rid of it.
Every year, prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union, there East
Germans risking their lives trying to get across the Berlin Wall.

Communist dictatorships and right wing dictatorships are
indistinguishable from one another, from the point of view of the
citizens that live there. Fsck Wall Street, the American generals and
the Vatican.
I lived decades under a right wing dictatorship, and if
someone can point out any differences from communism, I'd be
surprised.
Ukraine was a democracy. WAS. It is now a right wing
Nazi-Fascist dictatorship.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 3, 2014 12:06:43 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 05:00:13 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:

Actually disease status is still a part of legal immigration. A medical

examiniation prior to arrival is mandatory and if you have certain diseases

you will be denied admission. Obviously illegal aliens are skipping

that process.

That makes sense. My only experience was with illegal's. Staff were

frequently tested for TB because of the Haitians (those that survived)

when INS put immigration holds on them. We had hundreds of Mariel

Cubans from Castro's jails and mental facilities that were forced on

to boats at gun point. Many of the sane Cubans were released to family

sponsors that arrived in the 60's, living in Miami.

You need to be tortured slowly to death you ****ing capitalist bag of ****
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 1:37:51 AM UTC-5, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 3/1/2014 10:43 PM, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 00:55:45 +0100, nestork

wrote:

I'm sure I speak for all the Canadians in here, including Home Guy,

when I give a great big Thank You to the US Navy for towing HMCS

Protecteur into Pearl Harbour.

Don't count on Home Guy. He enjoys being miserable.

But...HMCS Protecteur goes out of service in 2017?

"Lack of spare parts for the ship's boiler and the fact that she is

a monohull tanker have been the main driving points to replacing

Protecteur and her sister ship"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMCS_Protecteur_(AOR_509)

All of the Canadians I've ever met or dealt with have been great folks.

Homo Gay is an anomaly and should be euthanized to prevent the spread of

its particular disease. o_O

TDD

Shut the **** up you handicapped bag of ****
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 11:55:11 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 3/2/14 10:30 AM, Home Guy wrote:

Not all rules, regulations or rights are specifically enumerated in a

constitution. Any american should know that.

But the powers given the federal government are enumerated.

Do you have the right to put cream in your coffee? Where is it written?

In our Bill of Rights. The ninth and tenth amendments

specifically say the rights belong to the people. The federal

government has only the specifically listed rights given it under the

Constitution.

Link he http://tinyurl.com/astv45x

We're not doing a very good job of making the Feds stick to their

proper role. Eric Snowden is either a real patriot or a traitor. I

think he's more on the patriot side of the ledger.

Lick my balls. You need to be slowly tortured to death

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 3, 2014 1:01:56 PM UTC-5, Shadow wrote:
On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 09:01:48 -0000, "harryagain"

wrote:

So, if this is a US thing and Russia is right and justified in what

Putin is doing, why is it that Canada, Britain, France, Germany and

8 other European countries are all agreeing with the US position,

that the Russian invasion is illegal and unwarranted?

Money. They gain financially.

What a crock. It's exactly the opposite. If this thing
escalates into economic sanctions against Russia, which is
very possible, all those countries doing business with Russia
will be hurt. In fact, Russia is a major supplier of nat gas
to Europe, it's the Ukraine that's of not much financial significance.

Screw the Ukrainians, put a dictator in and end all this fuss

about democracy.

Sure, that's what most of the world said when Hitler
started swallowing up countries, one at a time too.
How did that work out?

Ukraine's main income is the electricity it

transports from Russia to the EU, oil too. Those enterprises will be

"privatized". Which means poverty to the Ukraine.

BS. Every country that has been liberated from the communist
boot of Russia is better off today than they were before. Some
are a lot better off. They would all be better off if the corrupt
leaders like Putin, Yanukovych and their buddies had not looted
them. So, folks in the Ukraine woke up and seek to be more like
Western Europe. That's their right to decide, not yours.

Egypt and Iraq are doing nicely. They have curfews, and no

more civil rights. But are very profitable.

That's nice.

Egypt is very profitable? Idiot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 02:09:05 -0800 (PST), Luke C Feur
wrote:

Lick my balls. You need to be slowly tortured to death

Explain please. Or is thinking too much for you ?
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 3/1/2014 5:55 PM, nestork wrote:

I'm sure I speak for all the Canadians in here, including Home Guy,
when I give a great big Thank You to the US Navy for towing HMCS
Protecteur into Pearl Harbour.

HMCS (Her Majesty's Canadian Ship) Protecteur is a supply ship that
had a fire in it's engine room last night. The entire crew was up
all night fighting the blaze but managed to get it put out by
morning. However, the end result was that by morning, the ship was
floating powerless in the Pacific Ocean about 180 miles north of
Pearl Harbour.

The US Navy is sending it's ship USS Chosen to tow our crippled
vessel into Pearl Harbour for repairs to it's engines. Canada will
undoubtedly be paying the US Navy for the repair work needed to the
Protecteur, and the crew of the Protecteur will be flown back to
Canada while the repairs are done.

Obviously, the Canadian Navy will do an investigation to find out
how that fire started. Fires on ships have always been the most dire
of emergencies because you can't retreat from the fire. You either
put it out, or you jump in the water and hope to Gawd that someone
finds you before the sharks do.

My Canadian cousins are wonderful people and Americans will always come
to their aid when called. We share a continent and a lot of common
heritage. We are family, even if the Canucks talk funny. ^_^

TDD

Aye

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm sure I speak for all the Canadians in here, including Home
Guy,

when I give a great big Thank You to the US Navy for towing
HMCS

Protecteur into Pearl Harbour.

Don't count on Home Guy. He enjoys being miserable.

But...HMCS Protecteur goes out of service in 2017?

"Lack of spare parts for the ship's boiler and the fact that she
is

a monohull tanker have been the main driving points to replacing

Protecteur and her sister ship"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMCS_Protecteur_(AOR_509)

All of the Canadians I've ever met or dealt with have been great
folks.

Homo Gay is an anomaly and should be euthanized to prevent the
spread of its particular disease. o_O

TDD

Shut the **** up you handicapped bag of ****

Satan Jr. you are welcome to try, name the time and place. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:52:46 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 3/4/2014 4:08 AM, Luke C Feur wrote:

snip

Shut the **** up you handicapped bag of ****

Satan Jr. you are welcome to try, name the time and place. ^_^

TDD

"Just hit him with this $5 wrench until he tells us"

Senior Member

Trader:

Ukraine has always been known as the "Bread basket of Europe" because of it's fertile land. I expect agricultural exports would be a major source of income for the Ukrainian economy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/4/2014 4:08 AM, Luke C Feur wrote:

snip

Shut the **** up you handicapped bag of ****

Satan Jr. you are welcome to try, name the time and place. ^_^

TDD

"Just hit him with this $5 wrench until he tells us"

I'll limp after him and whack him upside the head with my new cane. It's
one of those folding types that is made of aluminum tube sections held
together with a bungee type cable so if I whacked someone in the head,
the sections would pop loose, wrap around and whack him around his head
again. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 9:53:01 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article , Home Guy "Home"@Guy. com

wrote:

===========

Crimea is an autonomous parliamentary republic within Ukraine and is

governed by the Constitution of Crimea in accordance with the laws of

Ukraine.

It is a SEMI-autonomous area within the Ukraine. Haven't seen

anything that suggests they have control over such things as inviting

people to invade.

Hi,

Russia has imbedded interest in the region including the naval base.

There are lot of ethnic Russians living there. Ukraine it self is not

autonomous united country. Canadian government stated Canada is with

Ukrainian people, my question is who they are referring to?

All of the people that are part of the Ukraine, idiot. Not only is
it a sovereign country, but in 1994 when Ukraine agreed to give up
all their nuclear weapons, a treaty was signed by the Ukraine, Russia,
USA and UK guaranteing Ukraine's sovereignty. At the time, Ukraine was
the third largest nuclear power in the world Now the murderous thug
Putin has flaggerantly violated that agreement. And if he can do that,
why should anyone in the future give up nuclear weapons or believe
anything the USA or the west says? Why do guys like you make
excuses for a murderous, thug dictator that denies basic human rights,
has looted the Russsian people of trillions of dollars? While the
Russian people live in poverty, Putin and his murderous mafia buddies,
loot the country. Those murderous thugs include the scum yanukovych,
who was Putins puppet and similarly looted the Ukraine. Some 35 bil
is missing and another $70bil in loans to the Ukraine are missing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:41:29 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Why should anyone in the future give up nuclear weapons or believe
anything the USA or the west says?

After the Nazi coup in the Ukraine, I have no idea. When was
the last time an American President was ousted for raising wages or
not paying international debts promptly ??
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Senior Member

Yanokovitch's "dascha", or "cottage" as we say, had a private golf course, flower gardens with a full time gardener, indoor swimming pool and his own private zoo.

That's where a lot of the money went. There, and Yanokovitch's personal Swiss bank account.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/5/2014 4:57 PM, Oren wrote:

"Just hit him with this $5 wrench until he tells us"

I'll limp after him and whack him upside the head with my new cane. It's
one of those folding types that is made of aluminum tube sections held
together with a bungee type cable so if I whacked someone in the head,
the sections would pop loose, wrap around and whack him around his head
again. ^_^

TDD

My Dad had a cane with a fold down ice crampon.
Look what good it did him....

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/4/2014 4:08 AM, Luke C Feur wrote:

snip

Shut the **** up you handicapped bag of ****

Satan Jr. you are welcome to try, name the time and place. ^_^

TDD

"Just hit him with this $5 wrench until he tells us"

I'll limp after him and whack him upside the head with my new cane. It's
one of those folding types that is made of aluminum tube sections held
together with a bungee type cable so if I whacked someone in the head,
the sections would pop loose, wrap around and whack him around his head
again. ^_^

TDD

Just use an unofficial "alarm clock".

http://www.weapons-universe.com/Personal_Defense/Saps/Police_Leather_Slapper.jpg

Maybe you can consider one of the new walking canes.

http://www.amazon.com/Trusty-Cane-As-Seen-On/dp/B00IA41CUU/ref=sr_1_6/180-4425927-0072132?ie=UTF8&qid=1394151536&sr=8-6&keywords=hurrycane

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:21:27 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

So, no one should ever trust the US or Russia, in terms
of giving up guns? How about state of Conn? There is a
push there to have guns registered. And how about NYS?
Where there are new laws about turning in guns? Should
we trust Conn, or NYS?

Some In Conn. take a stand....

_Conn. gun group tells lawmakers to 'bring it on'_

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3293906284001/conn-gun-group-tells-lawmakers-to-bring-it-on-/?playlist_id=2694949842001#sp=show-clips

Molon labe!
--
I support a woman's right to choose whichever gun she wants
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hey that cane is really neat! I may get one to use as a "Night Cane". I
just got in a lot of stuff from Amazon so I may order that cane to see
what it's like. I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee a week ago and it's a lot
easier to get into than my RAM B150. I have one of these to use on those
dobads who decide to tangle with me:

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hand...ns_380acp.html

^_^
TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 02:43:24 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Just use an unofficial "alarm clock".

http://www.weapons-universe.com/Personal_Defense/Saps/Police_Leather_Slapper.jpg

Maybe you can consider one of the new walking canes.

http://www.amazon.com/Trusty-Cane-As-Seen-On/dp/B00IA41CUU/ref=sr_1_6/180-4425927-0072132?ie=UTF8&qid=1394151536&sr=8-6&keywords=hurrycane

Hey that cane is really neat! I may get one to use as a "Night Cane". I
just got in a lot of stuff from Amazon so I may order that cane to see
what it's like. I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee a week ago and it's a lot
easier to get into than my RAM B150. I have one of these to use on those
dobads who decide to tangle with me:

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hand...ns_380acp.html

A friend recently went back to Macon. Brought his Kahr P9 back.
Originally paid $250 for it, new. Look at the price now. It fits my
hand very well, nice feel and fits in your pocket without being seen.
Nice pistol...but he won't give it to me

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-P9-Black.asp
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's a nice looking pistol, reminds me of my beloved Browning Hi-Power
that I owned years ago except for the shorter length. I haven fired my
..380 yet so I'm going to have to go to the range, buy some ammo and
exercise it. The price tells me the company is very proud of that
firearm. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 21:36:01 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

That's a nice looking pistol, reminds me of my beloved Browning Hi-Power
that I owned years ago except for the shorter length. I haven fired my
.380 yet so I'm going to have to go to the range, buy some ammo and
exercise it. The price tells me the company is very proud of that
firearm. ^_^

TDD,

Check this out.

"Raw video of 9yr old competition shooter schooling the NJ Law and
Public Safety Committee regarding the 10 round magazine capacity limit
A2006."

Scroll down to her video...

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/15/9-year-old-shyanne-roberts-speaks-new-jersey-hearing-over-gun-bill

Makes me proud!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/14 9:41 PM, Oren wrote:

Check this out.

"Raw video of 9yr old competition shooter schooling the NJ Law and
Public Safety Committee regarding the 10 round magazine capacity limit
A2006."

Scroll down to her video...

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/15/9-year-old-shyanne-roberts-speaks-new-jersey-hearing-over-gun-bill

Makes me proud!!!

I bet she gets teased a lot about her first name.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

That's a nice looking pistol, reminds me of my beloved Browning
Hi-Power that I owned years ago except for the shorter length. I
haven fired my .380 yet so I'm going to have to go to the range,
buy some ammo and exercise it. The price tells me the company is
very proud of that firearm. ^_^

TDD,

Check this out.

"Raw video of 9yr old competition shooter schooling the NJ Law and
Public Safety Committee regarding the 10 round magazine capacity
limit A2006."

Scroll down to her video...

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/15/9-year-old-shyanne-roberts-speaks-new-jersey-hearing-over-gun-bill

Makes me proud!!!

I wonder what would happen if voters signed a petition and demanded that
a law be passed which would limit the size of a politician's bank
account? ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/15/2014 10:41 PM, Oren wrote:
Check this out.

"Raw video of 9yr old competition shooter schooling the NJ Law and
Public Safety Committee regarding the 10 round magazine capacity limit
A2006."

Scroll down to her video...

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/15/9-year-old-shyanne-roberts-speaks-new-jersey-hearing-over-gun-bill

Makes me proud!!!

Sadly, I can't make out the audio.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:47:47 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/15/2014 10:41 PM, Oren wrote:
Check this out.

"Raw video of 9yr old competition shooter schooling the NJ Law and
Public Safety Committee regarding the 10 round magazine capacity limit
A2006."

Scroll down to her video...

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/15/9-year-old-shyanne-roberts-speaks-new-jersey-hearing-over-gun-bill

Makes me proud!!!

Sadly, I can't make out the audio.

shrugs I can't find the actual transcript...

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ShyanneRoberts04

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy22NeWqSBVTges93iW4dzQ
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thanks to the US Navy from Canada Hi Point

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hand...ns_380acp.html

Shouldn't the accreditation by Al said POW?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

wrote:

[...]

Yup, prices are up and supply is short. That is why I would go to a big
retailer ( Kay bella) and try a few. Glocks have a good rep but I didn't
like the grip angle. More ergo in the newer designs.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thanks to the US Navy from Canada Critters?

wrote:

[...]

How many loopholes can they fit in?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good kids: Thanks to the US Navy from Canada

wrote:

On 3/15/2014 10:41 PM, Oren wrote:
Check this out.

"Raw video of 9yr old competition shooter schooling the NJ Law and
Public Safety Committee regarding the 10 round magazine capacity limit
A2006."

Scroll down to her video...

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/15/9-year-old-shyanne-roberts-speaks-new-jersey-hearing-over-gun-bill

Makes me proud!!!

Sadly, I can't make out the audio.

Chris,

Interview of her and her father today...

Mar. 18, 2014 - Competitive shooter says she won't give up her sport.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3356747021001/4th-grader-testifies-against-bill-limiting-gun-magazines/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/18/2014 11:29 PM, Oren wrote:
"Raw video of 9yr old competition shooter schooling the NJ Law and
Public Safety Committee regarding the 10 round magazine capacity limit
A2006."
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/15/9-year-old-shyanne-roberts-speaks-new-jersey-hearing-over-gun-bill

Mar. 18, 2014 - Competitive shooter says she won't give up her sport.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3356747021001/4th-grader-testifies-against-bill-limiting-gun-magazines/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips

Much better audio, thank you.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Navy Yard murders Higgs Boson[_2_] Home Repair 59 October 1st 13 06:59 PM
US Navy Ben Metalworking 8 February 29th 08 10:45 PM
U. S. Navy Corsair. J T Woodworking 0 November 12th 07 05:08 PM
OT Navy press release [email protected] Metalworking 2 May 3rd 06 03:12 PM
navy ad (cmon maroons) paul e Home Repair 0 June 15th 05 11:20 AM