Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Navy Yard murders

Does this make you feel more secure?

Paragraphs from middle of article:

http://tinyurl.com/mnh5wnu

Some of the results, according to a new audit by the Pentagon’s Office of Inspector General, have not been pretty. At the ten Navy installations where investigators probed the Rapidgate system’s operation,**** at least 52 felons, some convicted of serious drug or sexual offenses, were given unsupervised access for periods ranging from two months to three years, the inspector general’s office said in a report dated Sept. 16 that was initially labeled “For Official Use Only,” blocking its public release.****

“This placed military personnel, dependents, civilians, and installations at an increased security risk,” the report said.

Although the Inspector General’s office planned to release a redacted version of the report, House Armed Services Committee chairman Buck McKeon, R-Ca., helped force its immediate disclosure a day after a *****contractor with a security clearance and a history of bizarre personal behavior killed 12 people at the Navy Yard with a pistol and shotgun. The contractor, Aaron Alexis, was then fatally shot by police. He held a higher-level naval facilities access card, not one granted through the Rapidgate program.*****

But the shooting — and the Inspector General’s report — have nonetheless brought sudden attention to Rapidgate, a system that has quietly helped its owner ******Eid Passport’s revenues increase six-fold from 2008 to 2011.**** The firm, whose board of directors is packed with former senior military and civilian officials including ****ex-Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge,**** was the 15th fastest growing security company in 2013, according to the Inc. 5000.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 17:18:30 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

“This placed military personnel, dependents, civilians, and installations at an increased security risk,” the report said.

What you REALLY mean is that Gun Free Zones are, or should be called
Victim Killing Zones.

In others words, your government wants to disarm highly trained and
skilled combat soldiers from having guns on a military base.

**** the gun control agenda.

Shall I give examples about the president?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 27, 2013 5:18:30 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Sorry - got carried away and forgot to put OT: in Subject line.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 18:13:18 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Sorry - got carried away and forgot to put OT: in Subject line.

That makes it twice now. Want to try for three times?

What is your exact point?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 27, 2013 8:18:30 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Tom Ridge is a piece of capitalist tax sucking ****.

Violently overthrow the US government.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://jpfo.org/alerts2013/alert20130926.htm
'If We Had the Ammunition, We Could've Cleared that Building,'
Son at Navy Yard Told Dad
By Matt Vespa, September 17th, 2013

Today, we celebrated Constitution Day, and Dan Joseph took to the
streets to ask people how they felt about our founding document. He also
asked people if there was anything they would change. In the wake of the
horrific shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, one individual made an
interesting point about yesterday's mass shooting at the Navy Yard in
the nation's capital:

"I know a lot of people are concerned about guns these days, but you
know if everybody had arms, then there wouldn't be these problems.

"My son was at Marine Barracks -- at the Navy Yard yesterday - and they
had weapons with them, but they didn't have ammunition. And they said,
'We were trained, and if we had the ammunition, we could've cleared that
building.' Only three people had been shot at that time, and they
could've stopped the rest of it."

The Navy Yard shooting brings up the legitimate issue of carrying - and
using - firearms on military installations.

Back in 1993, the Clinton administration virtually declared military
establishments "gun-free zones." As a result, the policy banned
"military personnel from carrying their own personal firearms and
mandates that 'a credible and specific threat against [Department of the
Army] personnel [exist] in that region" before military personnel 'may
be authorized to carry firearms for personal protection." Indeed, most
military bases have relatively few military police as they are in heavy
demand to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan," according to economist John Lott.

Additionally, Lott discovered that "every public shooting since at least
1950 in the U.S. in which more than three people have been killed has
taken place where citizens are not allowed to carry guns."

The answer is simple. Murderers pick places where they know their
victims will be unarmed. It's time we debate having concealed carry on
military bases. After all, there's no evidence showing that firearms
owners are more irresponsible than the police, as Wall Street Journal
columnist John Fund noted back in December of 2012:

"According to a 2005 to 2007 study by researchers at the University of
Wisconsin and Bowling Green State University, police nationwide were
convicted of firearms violations at least at a 0.002 percent annual
rate. That's about the same rate as holders of carry permits in the
states with 'shall issue' laws."

Editor's Note: John Lott contacted us to add these
updates/clarifications: 1)There are two mass public shootings that have
occurred in places that allowed concealed carry. One was at the Gabby
Giffords attack. The second was at an IHOP in Carson City, NV in 2011
(Lott had originally missed this because one of the people who died did
so at a later date).

2) Apparently, we have a bipartisan problem on the issue of military
installations becoming "gun-free" zones. It seems that the Clinton
administration merely updated the rules. It seems that this effort was
approved by President George H.W. Bush. We apologize for this omission.

..

On 9/27/2013 8:18 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT- OT- OT- OT- OT- OT- OT- OT- OT- OT- Navy Yard murders

Here, I'll loan you a couple.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

Sorry - got carried away and forgot to put OT: in Subject line.

That makes it twice now. Want to try for three times?

What is your exact point?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:49:09 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

A key part is left out. Not only did the shooter have access to
the facility, he had a secret security clearance. Having been
arrested twice, once for deliberately firing a gun into a neighbor's
apartment because he was mad about noise and the second time shooting
out someone's tires. For reasons unknown and apparently not of interest
to the media, he was never prosecuted for either of those. But
regardless of prosecution, how did he obtain and/or keep a secret
security clearance? Also, he called the cops in RI a few weeks ago
and told them he was hearing voices and it was clear at that point
he was nuts. The police did tell the NAvy, but nothing was done.

I had a secret clearance a long time ago. Investigators visited and
talked to a couple of the references I had given them. I can only
wonder what goes on now.

The neighbor shooting a bullet into the neighbor's apartment takes
me back many years ago to when I had just graduated college. I
was living temporarily in a small apartment. Living next door was
a guy who was in his 50's, an alcoholic, and similarly a paranoid
psycho hearing things. Of course I didn't know that at the time.
And I also didn't know that the soundproofing between adjacent
apartments was virtually non-existent.
Some time after I moved in, in the middle of the night, 2AM,
I'd hear him screaming "Turn down that
music, you c***s***er! And similar. Only problem was, there was
no music playing. Not in my apartment. I even went outside,
went to the upstairs folks, etc. There was no music. This started
happening several nights a week.

So, this loon would periodically rant and rave, with his anger
adirected at me. Actually, in the beginning I wasn't even sure
who he was talking to or directing it to. Could have been me
or someone upstairs, the other side, etc, but after a while it
became clear it was me.

He'd talk to himself frequently, and it was
always about hearing things, noise, etc that didn't exist.
Other times, I come home from work and he's
sitting outside his door, (the apartment had direct access
from the outside), with his door right next to mine.
He's be the nicest, friendliest guy. Asking
me in, if he could cook me a steak, etc. I was nice to him,
hoping to appease him. One night he was ranting
and raving like a loon from inside his apartment, claiming he was
going to get me, etc. I called the cops. Somehow he must have
had telepathic powers, because I had the cop sitting in my apartment
for 10 mins and he didn't say a damn thing. I don't think they
believed me. I complained to the landlord, of course they couldn't
do anything and said they had heard nothing about him.

Then he disappeared for a week and I thought maybe he
was gone for good. I come home from work, and he's back. He
greats me with "Hi Pal. I've been in the VA hospital for a
week because of YOU!" Then one day I come home and find
glue in my lock. Maybe a day later, he has a visitor, first
time in the month or so I've been there. I can here them talking,
and the "friend" is telling him "Eddy, why don't you just kill
yourself? Go jump of the bridge. Just end it now" And he wasn''t
joking either.

After the guy left, that night I here the loon saying "I'll fix
you now C**s**f! I got a gun! Combine that with the fact that
he had put glue in my lock, and it looked like he might have
a plan in place to take care of me.

I never slept or stayed there again. I did borrow a friend's .32
and had it with me on the few times I had to come back.
When I came back to retrieve stuff, his window was
covered with cardboard. When I moved out and returned the keys
to the landlord, they told me I was right about the guy, he
had tossed a TV or something out the window.....

In retrospect, I should have gotten out of there a lot earlier.
But part of it was I was planning on moving out of the area all
together shortly, so I figured that would solve it. And back
then, it seems there were loons, but not to the extent today
where they commit unspeakable violence.
And I was 22. If I experienced anything like this today, I
would head for the hills right away. But this guy too is an
example of the problem. At what point can anyone do something
about a loon, who should do it, how, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 07:15:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

At what point can anyone do something
about a loon, who should do it, how, etc.

Not much. After the Newtown shooting, PBS had a show on the mind of a
psychopath. Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

At what point can anyone do something
about a loon, who should do it, how, etc.

Not much. After the Newtown shooting, PBS had a show on the mind of a
psychopath. Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.

How often do the neighbors express surprise that Joe, Fred, or Bob
could've done such a thing? It seems like that comment crops up in news
stories frequently.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Hoffman[_13_] View Post
Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.

How often do the neighbors express surprise that Joe, Fred, or Bob
could've done such a thing? It seems like that comment crops up in news
stories frequently.
No, I don't think anyone has anything against RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. Here in Canada, thousands upon thousands of sportsman, farmers and ranchers have long guns both for sport and to protect their livestock from wildlife that would prey on them; like wolves. MOST of the Inuit in our northern communities use long guns to put food on their tables because the cost of transporting food to the far reaches of the north where people live in communities of less than 100 people each is exhorbitant, and that makes healthy food in the north exceedingly expensive. So, hunting provides a way for people to provide a healthy diet for their families.

I think the biggest part of the issue involves hand guns and assault style military rifles which are designed to carry a much larger number of bullets than hunting rifles. Hand guns are inherently less accurate because of their shorter barrel, but are responsible for most of the murders and gun-related crime in the USA. And, those crazies who want to shoot up a crowded place will be wanting to use a weapon that allows them to shoot more without stopping to reload, and assault rifles are better suited to that.

Yes, you're always going to have someone like this Navy Yard shooter that's hearing voices in his head go crazy and start shooting people with a hunting rifle, but the biggest part of the problem is due to handguns and assault rifles. Hand guns are easily concealed and that makes them the ideal weapon for criminals, and assault weapons have the capacity to hold a much larger number of bullets, which is what the crazies are looking for.

This is a US problem and it needs a Made in the USA solution, but I can't see how anyone in here's life would be significantly different if they didn't have access to hand guns and military style assault rifles. Only my 2 cents.

Hopefully one day technology will provide a way for a firearm to "know" whether it's being used to commit a crime or to defend it's owner.

Last edited by nestork : September 28th 13 at 07:00 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

At what point can anyone do something
about a loon, who should do it, how, etc.

Not much. After the Newtown shooting, PBS had a show on the mind of a
psychopath. Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.

How often do the neighbors express surprise that Joe, Fred, or Bob
could've done such a thing? It seems like that comment crops up in news
stories frequently.

Likely that people do not want to get involved, taking a passive
position? Joe, Fred, or Bob may say 'things', speak "words", but do
they 'hear" what was said or take action?
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestork View Post
Yes, you're always going to have someone like this Navy Yard shooter that's hearing voices in his head go crazy and start shooting people with a hunting rifle, but the biggest part of the problem is due to handguns and assault rifles.
This web site won't let me edit a post more than once for some reason.

I just wanted to correct the above statement by saying that they said on TV that the weapon used in that Navy Yard shooting was some sort of sawed off rifle.

Just wanted to correct that before people started barking that I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't know all of the facts; like what kind of weapon was used.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Odd. I don't remember writing that.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/28/2013 10:15 AM, wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Which furthers the agenda that "everyone is potential
murderer, and there fore we need to take all guns
away from everyone".

OTOH, the folks like NRA say that the only way to
stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.
Why armed areas have lower crime.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/28/2013 11:41 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 9/28/13 10:29 AM, Oren wrote:

After the Newtown shooting, PBS had a show on the mind of a
psychopath. Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.

How often do the neighbors express surprise that Joe, Fred, or Bob
could've done such a thing? It seems like that comment crops up in news
stories frequently.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In the USA, we have something called the Bill
of Rights. These are 10 limits on the power
of government. One of these is that the right
to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As such, the Fed has no authority to restrict
the private ownership of arms (such as guns,
but not exclusively guns).

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/28/2013 1:56 PM, nestork wrote:
'Dean Hoffman[_13_ Wrote:
;3127490']
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 19:56:56 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Dean Hoffman[_13_ Wrote:
;3127490']
[...]

Can you show me a single case where an "assault rifle" was used in a
mass shooting in America? Be careful how you answer. America is
1/5th of the world population, yet we civilians own 50% of guns (?).

Guns are not the problem. For the record, I firmly believe that
reptilian psychopaths should not have ANY guns.

Excuse while I go polish my "bullets".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 20:19:21 +0200, nestork
wrote:

nestork;3127502 Wrote:

Yes, you're always going to have someone like this Navy Yard shooter
that's hearing voices in his head go crazy and start shooting people
with a hunting rifle, but the biggest part of the problem is due to
handguns and assault rifles.

This web site won't let me edit a post more than once for some reason.

I just wanted to correct the above statement by saying that they said on
TV that the weapon used in that Navy Yard shooting was some sort of
sawed off rifle.

Just wanted to correct that before people started barking that I don't
know what I'm talking about because I don't know all of the facts; like
what kind of weapon was used.

The shooter used a Remington Model 870 shotgun (pump action) and it
was reported handguns taken from a military personnel.

The shotgun was not "sawed off" and is not a rifle as we know it.

The 870 Remington is "one" of the best shotguns made. Popular with law
enforcement agencies. Pump action shotgun. The handgun (s) were
semi-automatic - non - "assault weapon".

Forget what you see on TV from a liberal media with an agenda. They
have a fill-in-the blank format. In this case, they called the weapon
an AR-15! Spit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 19:56:56 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Dean Hoffman[_13_ Wrote:
;3127490']
Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.

How often do the neighbors express surprise that Joe, Fred, or Bob
could've done such a thing? It seems like that comment crops up in news

stories frequently.

No, I don't think anyone has anything against RESPONSIBLE gun ownership.

You're nuts if you believe that. If that were true, why where guns
*BANNED* in Chicago, DC, and elsewhere?

Here in Canada, thousands upon thousands of sportsman, farmers and
ranchers have long guns both for sport and to protect their livestock
from wildlife that would prey on them; like wolves.

Can't even do that in CO.

MOST of the Inuit
in our northern communities use long guns to put food on their tables
because the cost of transporting food to the far reaches of the north
where people live in communities of less than 100 people each is
exhorbitant, and that makes healthy food in the north exceedingly
expensive. So, hunting provides a way for people to provide a healthy
diet for their families.

I think the biggest part of the issue involves hand guns and assault
style military rifles which are designed to carry a much larger number
of bullets than hunting rifles.

First, exactly WHAT is an "assault style military rifle" and second,
exactly what makes it more scary to you than any other high power
hunting rifle? Because it's ugly and it's black?

Hand guns are inherently less accurate
because of their shorter barrel, but are responsible for most of the
murders and gun-related crime in the USA.

Completely irrelevant and otherwise a really dumb statement. Cars are
responsible for more deaths than motorcycles so we should ban cars?

The fact is that both are useful tools.

And, those crazies who want
to shoot up a crowded place will be wanting to use a weapon that allows
them to shoot more without stopping to reload, and assault rifles are
better suited to that.

Clueless. First, you admit that "crazies" are to blame, yet your
answer is to confiscate guns from everyone else. That is *really*
stupid - disarm the sane so the crazies have an unobstructed killing
field. Everywhere!

Does it really matter if they have to take 5 seconds to reload? No,
it doesn't.

Yes, you're always going to have someone like this Navy Yard shooter
that's hearing voices in his head go crazy and start shooting people
with a hunting rifle, but the biggest part of the problem is due to
handguns and assault rifles.

What a crock of ****! The problem is that this person was allowed
access to a gun-free killing field of his choice.

Hand guns are easily concealed and that
makes them the ideal weapon for criminals, and assault weapons have the
capacity to hold a much larger number of bullets, which is what the
crazies are looking for.

It's good that they're easily concealed (most aren't). It would scare
the **** out of you if you had to actually look at one. What a dummy!
This is a US problem and it needs a Made in the USA solution, but I
can't see how anyone in here's life would be significantly different if
they didn't have access to hand guns and military style assault rifles.
Only my 2 cents.

Hopefully one day technology will provide a way for a firearm to "know"
whether it's being used to commit a crime or to defend it's owner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

nestork;3127502 Wrote:

Yes, you're always going to have someone like this Navy Yard shooter
that's hearing voices in his head go crazy and start shooting people
with a hunting rifle, but the biggest part of the problem is due to
handguns and assault rifles.

This web site won't let me edit a post more than once for some reason.

I just wanted to correct the above statement by saying that they said on
TV that the weapon used in that Navy Yard shooting was some sort of
sawed off rifle.

Just wanted to correct that before people started barking that I don't
know what I'm talking about because I don't know all of the facts; like
what kind of weapon was used.

Which doesn't change the fact that you're full of ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 14:50:24 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

In the USA, we have something called the Bill
of Rights. These are 10 limits on the power
of government. One of these is that the right
to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As such, the Fed has no authority to restrict
the private ownership of arms (such as guns,
but not exclusively guns).

Not just the fed. The BoR has been incorporated, so it's binding on
the states, as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

At what point can anyone do something
about a loon, who should do it, how, etc.

Not much. After the Newtown shooting, PBS had a show on the mind of a
psychopath. Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.

How often do the neighbors express surprise that Joe, Fred, or Bob
could've done such a thing? It seems like that comment crops up in news
stories frequently.

Likely that people do not want to get involved, taking a passive
position? Joe, Fred, or Bob may say 'things', speak "words", but do
they 'hear" what was said or take action?

Or admit (perhaps to themselves) that they knew or should have known
that they should have done something. Think: spousal abuse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 14:48:23 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Which furthers the agenda that "everyone is potential
murderer, and there fore we need to take all guns
away from everyone".

Recanning worms always works. Besides, it's easier to control people
if you're the only one with weapons.

OTOH, the folks like NRA say that the only way to
stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.
Why armed areas have lower crime.

Because the first sentence is a truism. What it leaves out is that
it's too late when the LEO finally shows up to do the paperwork.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 19:56:56 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Dean Hoffman[_13_ Wrote:
;3127490']
Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.

How often do the neighbors express surprise that Joe, Fred, or Bob
could've done such a thing? It seems like that comment crops up in news

stories frequently.

nestork,

Why do you not give the correct attribution to who said what? It is
because you use that dumb assed web forum. (dog turds)

Your post makes it look like Dean and I said the same thing. Your web
site cannot properly quote properly or follow proper attributions.

I can help you use Usenet if you desire.

--
.... our great nation is under attack by Termites; attacking the foundation - Democrat turned Republican, Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory
Posted to alt.home.repair

How about a mass shooting in a location where
there are legally armed citizens?

(Note, I didn't say civillians.)

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/28/2013 3:07 PM, Oren wrote:

Can you show me a single case where an "assault rifle" was used in a
mass shooting in America? Be careful how you answer. America is
1/5th of the world population, yet we civilians own 50% of guns (?).

Guns are not the problem. For the record, I firmly believe that
reptilian psychopaths should not have ANY guns.

Excuse while I go polish my "bullets".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 17:43:13 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I think Nestork said he's Canadian,eh?

IOW, he's a just another clueless asshole?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 17:44:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Ah, thanks. I'm learning. So, in NYC I don't
need any kind of permission from the govt to
own or carry a gun? Says the B of R?

Or, Chicago?

No one said the Constitution was actually followed. Also note that
Chicago was forced by SCotUS to grant gun permits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 17:41:50 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

How about a mass shooting in a location where
there are legally armed citizens?

(Note, I didn't say civillians.)

Giffords is the only one I can come up with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Oren belched:
On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 19:56:56 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Dean Hoffman[_13_ Wrote:
;3127490']
Bottom line was that science still cannot figure them
out. Yet people still want to blame the gun.

How often do the neighbors express surprise that Joe, Fred, or Bob
could've done such a thing? It seems like that comment crops up in
news

stories frequently.

nestork,

Why do you not give the correct attribution to who said what? It is
because you use that dumb assed web forum. (dog turds)

Your post makes it look like Dean and I said the same thing. Your web
site cannot properly quote properly or follow proper attributions.

I can help you use Usenet if you desire.

"**** YOU, YOU SCUM SUCKING LEACHING *******S"

I think he's much like stormie, he just refuses to do the right thing. It's
not like there are not FREE choices for text based Usenet

"**** YOU, YOU SCUM SUCKING LEACHING *******S"

Posted to alt.home.repair

And the armed citizen showed up right
about the time they mobbed the guy?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

How about a mass shooting in a location where
there are legally armed citizens?

(Note, I didn't say civillians.)

Giffords is the only one I can come up with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

nestork;3127502 Wrote:

Yes, you're always going to have someone like this Navy Yard shooter
that's hearing voices in his head go crazy and start shooting people
with a hunting rifle, but the biggest part of the problem is due to
handguns and assault rifles.

This web site won't let me edit a post more than once for some reason.

I just wanted to correct the above statement by saying that they said on
TV that the weapon used in that Navy Yard shooting was some sort of
sawed off rifle.

Just wanted to correct that before people started barking that I don't
know what I'm talking about because I don't know all of the facts; like
what kind of weapon was used.

You don't know what you are talking about as shown by your comment
that "the biggest part of the problem is due to handguns and assault
rifles." Rifles are used in only about 2% of shootings and so called
assault weapons are a subset of that tiny fraction. So despite the
lies put out by the media and parroted by you assault weapons are not
even a small part of the problem. And as has been documented,
virtually ALL of these mass shootings take place in GUN FRIGGING FREE
ZONES where the victims are all like Canadians, stripped of their
right and ability to defend themselves.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
nestork wrote:

nestork;3127502 Wrote:

Yes, you're always going to have someone like this Navy Yard shooter
that's hearing voices in his head go crazy and start shooting people
with a hunting rifle, but the biggest part of the problem is due to
handguns and assault rifles.

This web site won't let me edit a post more than once for some reason.

I just wanted to correct the above statement by saying that they said on
TV that the weapon used in that Navy Yard shooting was some sort of
sawed off rifle.

Just wanted to correct that before people started barking that I don't
know what I'm talking about because I don't know all of the facts; like
what kind of weapon was used.

This is probably the infamous "AK-17 shotgun" that a couple of the
media types were talking about in the early stages.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:48:19 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
nestork wrote:

nestork;3127502 Wrote:

Yes, you're always going to have someone like this Navy Yard shooter
that's hearing voices in his head go crazy and start shooting people
with a hunting rifle, but the biggest part of the problem is due to
handguns and assault rifles.

This web site won't let me edit a post more than once for some reason.

I just wanted to correct the above statement by saying that they said on
TV that the weapon used in that Navy Yard shooting was some sort of
sawed off rifle.

Just wanted to correct that before people started barking that I don't
know what I'm talking about because I don't know all of the facts; like
what kind of weapon was used.

This is probably the infamous "AK-17 shotgun" that a couple of the
media types were talking about in the early stages.

Come on, it was an "AR-15 shotgun". An "AK-47 shotgun" isn't nearly
as scary because it's a socialist, rather than an evil capitalist WMD.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 23:12:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

And the armed citizen showed up right
about the time they mobbed the guy?

I believe the big difference in the Giffords shooting was that, unlike
the other mass shootings, she was specifically targeted. In the other
instances, the shooter simply wanted to do the most carnage so a
gun-free victim zone was the obvious choice. Getting rid of them my
not get rid of mass shootings but it will tend to make schools and
such a lower priority target. OTOH, if it weren't children killed,
lefties wouldn't have their graves to dance on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

nestork;3127502 Wrote:

[...]

Exactly. He proved what we've been saying all along.
You could just as easily kill about the same number of
people with a shotgun as you could with a semi-automatic
rifle with a 30 round magazine. And for the record, I believe it was
just a single pistol that he got from one of the security
people he shot. He killed 12 people, most of them, maybe
all of them, with the shotgun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 09:27:48 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Exactly. He proved what we've been saying all along.
You could just as easily kill about the same number of
people with a shotgun as you could with a semi-automatic
rifle with a 30 round magazine. And for the record, I believe it was
just a single pistol that he got from one of the security
people he shot. He killed 12 people, most of them, maybe
all of them, with the shotgun.

I apologize to nestork. The 870 was sawed off.

"... purchased a Remington 870 shotgun and ammunition at a gun shop in
Northern Virginia. On the same day, Alexis also purchased a hacksaw,
among other items, at a home improvement store in Northern Virginia."

"...The Remington 870 shotgun had been altered with a sawed-off barrel
and stock. Purple duct tape covered the end of the stock and
handwritten etchings were present on various parts of the shotgun.
Etched into the barrel of the shotgun were the words “End to the
torment!” Etched into the right side of the shotgun receiver were the
words “Not what yall say!” and etched into the left side of the
receiver were the phrases “Better off this way!” and “My ELF weapon!”

"...There are multiple indicators that Alexis held a delusional belief
that he was being controlled or influenced by extremely low frequency
(ELF) electromagnetic waves. The etching of “My ELF weapon!” on the
left side of the receiver of the Remington 870 shotgun is believed to
reference these electromagnetic waves."

"... used the Remington 870 shotgun and a Beretta handgun he obtained
during the course of his shooting to kill 12 victims and wound four
surviving victims before he was shot and killed by law enforcement
officers."

http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/press-releases/2013/law-enforcement-shares-findings-of-the-investigation-into-the-washington-navy-yard-shootings

When I was growing up, crazy people went to the crazy house.