Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ben Ben is offline

Default US Navy

Good evening all,
By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980
Cheers, Ben UK

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:23:28 -0000, "Ben"
wrote:

Good evening all,
By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980
Cheers, Ben UK

Looking for your Da?

Sorry..couldnt resist.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ben wrote:
Good evening all,
By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980
Cheers, Ben UK

Uss Simon Lake AS-33 1966 - 68
MT@ Howard Garner at the time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ben" wrote in message
news
Good evening all,
By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980

I was never stationed there, but I did a couple of SSBN patrols out of
there over that time frame. Nice place! I especially remember the residents as
friendly people who were very tolerent, even protective, of young American
sailors. That is far more than I can say for the nearby civillian residents of
the average USA Navy base (especially Norlolk VA)

Oh yes, I "drank my dolphins" in a Dunoon pub.

Vaughn (USS Patrick Henry, SSBN 599)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 27, 9:23*pm, "Ben" wrote:
Good evening all,
* * By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980
Cheers, Ben UK

Made a patrol or two out of there. USS Will Rogers
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Good evening all,
By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980
Cheers, Ben UK

Looking for your Da?

Sorry..couldnt resist.

Thank you for bringing up this important point. I almost hit the enter
key on that same question before deciding better of it.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Good evening all,
By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980
Cheers, Ben UK

Looking for your Da?

Sorry..couldnt resist.

Thank you for bringing up this important point. I almost hit the enter
key on that same question before deciding better of it.

You have couth. Im in rather short supply unfortunately.

The military of the US has a very long history of bumpy navel
relations with the UK.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Tim Wescott
wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:02:49 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:

Good evening all,
By any chance is anybody on here who was in the US Navy and stationed in
the Holy Loch, Dunoon, Scotland.
1960 - 1980
Cheers, Ben UK

Looking for your Da?

Sorry..couldnt resist.

Thank you for bringing up this important point. I almost hit the enter
key on that same question before deciding better of it.

"Oh there are no fighter pilots in the States (2x)
They are off on foreign shores,
Making mothers out of whores ...
Oh there are no fighter pilots in the states!"

From a way old Army Air force Song I head back as a mere yout'.

toodles
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed

U. S. Navy Corsair. J T Woodworking 0 November 12th 07 05:08 PM
OT Navy press release [email protected] Metalworking 2 May 3rd 06 03:12 PM
navy ad (cmon maroons) paul e Home Repair 0 June 15th 05 11:20 AM
Looking for "Navy Shower" Head. Don't plonk me Reh Home Repair 12 February 25th 05 01:13 AM
Navy welding manual download Glenn Cramond Metalworking 1 March 17th 04 06:21 PM