Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Put the toliet seat down

Watched "Untold Stories of the E.R" episode that related to a toilet.

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

After all the commotion from EMS and the ER doctor not knowing of how
to get her out (swelling of buttocks, etc.)

They called the hospital plumbing crew with all kinds of tools.

One smack with a chisel & hammer, her being held up - they cracked the
toilet open by hammer and chisel with one strike.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1muWhKEBA

Ya'll put the seat down, ya hear? Dagnabbit!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2013 8:11 PM, Oren wrote:
Watched "Untold Stories of the E.R" episode that related to a toilet.

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

After all the commotion from EMS and the ER doctor not knowing of how
to get her out (swelling of buttocks, etc.)

They called the hospital plumbing crew with all kinds of tools.

One smack with a chisel & hammer, her being held up - they cracked the
toilet open by hammer and chisel with one strike.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1muWhKEBA

Ya'll put the seat down, ya hear? Dagnabbit!

This and your beer plumbing post remind me of the time a coworker had
bought a new house and the builder had accidentally reversed the hot and
cold water pipes to his bathroom.

Said every time he went to the bathroom, he got a hot flush.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2013 8:11 PM, Oren wrote:
Watched "Untold Stories of the E.R" episode that related to a toilet.

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

After all the commotion from EMS and the ER doctor not knowing of how
to get her out (swelling of buttocks, etc.)

They called the hospital plumbing crew with all kinds of tools.

One smack with a chisel & hammer, her being held up - they cracked the
toilet open by hammer and chisel with one strike.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1muWhKEBA

Ya'll put the seat down, ya hear? Dagnabbit!

I'd have thought the EMS would have done the hammer thing at thr house.
Seems like a simple solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2013 8:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/24/2013 8:11 PM, Oren wrote:
Watched "Untold Stories of the E.R" episode that related to a toilet.

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

After all the commotion from EMS and the ER doctor not knowing of how
to get her out (swelling of buttocks, etc.)

They called the hospital plumbing crew with all kinds of tools.

One smack with a chisel & hammer, her being held up - they cracked the
toilet open by hammer and chisel with one strike.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1muWhKEBA

Ya'll put the seat down, ya hear? Dagnabbit!

I'd have thought the EMS would have done the hammer thing at thr house.
Seems like a simple solution.

Whole thing most likely staged, but if not, how else could they get paid
$800 for the ambulance ride to the hospital and a $5,000 hospital bill?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:43:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/24/2013 8:11 PM, Oren wrote:
Watched "Untold Stories of the E.R" episode that related to a toilet.

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

After all the commotion from EMS and the ER doctor not knowing of how
to get her out (swelling of buttocks, etc.)

They called the hospital plumbing crew with all kinds of tools.

One smack with a chisel & hammer, her being held up - they cracked the
toilet open by hammer and chisel with one strike.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1muWhKEBA

Ya'll put the seat down, ya hear? Dagnabbit!

I'd have thought the EMS would have done the hammer thing at thr house.
Seems like a simple solution.

The firemen did say they had an axe at the on scene incident. They
could have removed her that way, same as in the ER. Different tool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/13 7:11 PM, Oren wrote:
Watched "Untold Stories of the E.R" episode that related to a toilet.

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

After all the commotion from EMS and the ER doctor not knowing of how
to get her out (swelling of buttocks, etc.)

They called the hospital plumbing crew with all kinds of tools.

One smack with a chisel & hammer, her being held up - they cracked the
toilet open by hammer and chisel with one strike.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1muWhKEBA

Ya'll put the seat down, ya hear? Dagnabbit!

There is a gadget available to help with this age old problem.
Amazon link: http://tinyurl.com/p5ct247
Married guys sure have life tough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:43:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/24/2013 8:11 PM, Oren wrote:
Watched "Untold Stories of the E.R" episode that related to a toilet.

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

After all the commotion from EMS and the ER doctor not knowing of how
to get her out (swelling of buttocks, etc.)

They called the hospital plumbing crew with all kinds of tools.

One smack with a chisel & hammer, her being held up - they cracked the
toilet open by hammer and chisel with one strike.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1muWhKEBA

Ya'll put the seat down, ya hear? Dagnabbit!

I'd have thought the EMS would have done the hammer thing at thr house.
Seems like a simple solution.

They couldn't do it at her home. The show is called ER so every
subplot has to center around the ER.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:19:37 PM UTC-8, Frank wrote:
[...]

Speaking of which, have any of you "modified" your throne room by installing a bidet? Seems like that might at least liquidly resolve the problem of leaving toilet seat up which annoys some people.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:46:41 PM UTC-8, Frank wrote:
[...]

You think you're kidding?! I -- or rather my insurance -- once incurred a huge ambulance bill to get me from the hospital ACROSS THE EFFING STREET to rehab!
ISTR it was the fault of some idiot social worker; I could almost have WALKED over!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2013 4:33 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

I'm not kidding and prices given are probably too low.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:11:40 PM UTC-8, Oren wrote:
Watched "Untold Stories of the E.R" episode that related to a toilet.
Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.
After all the commotion from EMS and the ER doctor not knowing of how
to get her out (swelling of buttocks, etc.)

They called the hospital plumbing crew with all kinds of tools.
One smack with a chisel & hammer, her being held up - they cracked the
toilet open by hammer and chisel with one strike.

snip Amazing how supposedly intelligent people can't see the simple things. I thought of the solution before I was halfway through the story and I am sure most of the readers did also.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:43:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

I would find this hard to believe in the real world. But tv is not the
real world. Any trained EMS or Fire Dept. person would know that it's
easy to break a toilet. Easier than removing it.

Anyhow, as far as women nagging abou putting the toilet seat down, I
have an answer for them. "I'll put the toliet seat down when I finish
my job, as long as you put it up after you use it. Otherwise I might
**** on the seat, since my bladder is getting old". That shuts them up
fast!

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:43:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

I would find this hard to believe in the real world. But tv is not the
real world. Any trained EMS or Fire Dept. person would know that it's
easy to break a toilet. Easier than removing it.

Anyhow, as far as women nagging abou putting the toilet seat down, I
have an answer for them. "I'll put the toliet seat down when I finish
my job, as long as you put it up after you use it. Otherwise I might
**** on the seat, since my bladder is getting old". That shuts them up
fast!

Why do women obsess over it? I just check it before I sit down.

Of course, a lot of things that "normal" women do leave me baffled.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

Got a record for this here situation... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5tZW5gVmsoo

yours,

The K-Man

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

I do the same thing, check before use.....
I think some women just need to flap their lips to get attention.

I'm glad not ALL women are like that, Cindy!

And from a male perspective, I will confess that I am up in my years and
seriously when I have to ****, I have to do it NOW! Especially in cold
weather. Since I live on a farm, I normally **** outside when I'm out
there, but I do find it annoying when I got to go really bad, and have
to lift the seat first. Those two seconds might mean a wet spot in my
underwear. That's just part of aging! It rarely happens, but it has.
But I dont bitch, nag, or complain about it. Life is not meant for
discontent. Little annoyances like that are not worth making a fuss
over.

On the other hand, I do make a fuss over the damn packaging used these
days. Open a bag of snacks like potato chips and the whole goddamn bag
rips down the side, dumping chips all over my lap and the floor. There
there are those hard shell plastic cases that require a sharp knife and
possibly a power saw to open. I have complained to numerous companies
about that. There is no excuse for it! But I'd rather complain to
idiot companies than my friends.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2013 04:47 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:43:37 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Lady was stuck for 18 hours in a toilet, She went to relieve herself
at 2 AM, EMS *finally* talks her and the toilet to the emergency room.

I would find this hard to believe in the real world. But tv is not the
real world. Any trained EMS or Fire Dept. person would know that it's
easy to break a toilet. Easier than removing it.

Anyhow, as far as women nagging abou putting the toilet seat down, I
have an answer for them. "I'll put the toliet seat down when I finish
my job, as long as you put it up after you use it. Otherwise I might
**** on the seat, since my bladder is getting old". That shuts them up
fast!

Why do women obsess over it? I just check it before I sit down.

Of course, a lot of things that "normal" women do leave me baffled.

Cindy Hamilton

I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking place.

Obviously it makes it infinitely easier to keep the toilet area clean as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:17:50 -0500, Rich Phallus
wrote:

I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking place.

Welcome to womanhood!!!!
For your efforts, you have won a free one year's subscription to "Glamor
Magazine".

Obviously it makes it infinitely easier to keep the toilet area clean as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking place.

Welcome to womanhood!!!!
For your efforts, you have won a free one year's subscription to "Glamor
Magazine".

You know, I don't get that. If I pee standing up, I'm still a woman.
Nothing I do, say, wear, or experience unmakes me. My gender identity
is attached pretty tight.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

Why do women obsess over it? I just check it before I sit down.

Good plan. I tell SWMBO to put the LID down. ;-)

Aw, heck. If I put the lid down, my husband would pee on it
in the middle of the night.

Of course, a lot of things that "normal" women do leave me baffled.

If you're baffled, what chance do we have?

None. The game is rigged, and it shouldn't be.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:17:50 PM UTC-5, Rich Phallus wrote:
I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking place. Obviously it makes it infinitely easier to keep the toilet area clean as well.

I tried that once. That was some cold water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/26/2013 11:04 AM, Thomas wrote:
On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:17:50 PM UTC-5, Rich Phallus wrote:
I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking
place. Obviously it makes it infinitely easier to keep the
toilet area clean as well.

I tried that once. That was some cold water.

I put one of those little electric heaters for tropical fish tanks in
the toilet tank, so the water in the bowl is pre-heated and never drops
below room temperature. Now if someone uses the john a few minutes
before you, well, I don't have a solution for that. Maybe a mixing
valve and a hot/cold feed? Have to think about this.

I wonder what the Japanese do? They have the creepy little robotic butt
squirters and all... nothing says "wake up" like barely-above-freezing
water on the starfish.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/26/2013 10:58 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
wrote:

I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking place.

Welcome to womanhood!!!!
For your efforts, you have won a free one year's subscription to "Glamor
Magazine".

You know, I don't get that. If I pee standing up, I'm still a woman.
Nothing I do, say, wear, or experience unmakes me. My gender identity
is attached pretty tight.

Cindy Hamilton

I suppose washing my hands makes me less masculine as well. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:04:53 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:17:50 PM UTC-5, Rich Phallus wrote:
I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking place. Obviously it makes it infinitely easier to keep the toilet area clean as well.

I tried that once. That was some cold water.

....deep, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Rich Phallus wrote:

I suppose washing my hands makes me less masculine as well. ;-)

Didn't anyone teach you not to pee on your hands? (you can find
the whole joke at leatherneck.com, among others)

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:28:51 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

I wonder what the Japanese do? They have the creepy little robotic butt
squirters and all... nothing says "wake up" like barely-above-freezing
water on the starfish.

nate

LOL

"...those futuristic Japanese toilets with control panels that heat
the seat, generate a courtesy flush noise and have a built-in bidet,
it’s probably been made by Toto. In fact, Toto has even trademarked a
name for these modern toilet control panels: “washlets.”

http://www.tofugu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/washlet.jpg

Last year I helped a friend finish a garage floor. The house was
vacant, got the pee in one similar - I was almost afraid of that
thing
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking place.

Welcome to womanhood!!!!

For your efforts, you have won a free one year's subscription to "Glamor

Magazine".

You know, I don't get that. If I pee standing up, I'm still a woman.

Nothing I do, say, wear, or experience unmakes me. My gender identity

is attached pretty tight.

Cindy Hamilton

I suppose washing my hands makes me less masculine as well. ;-)

I suspect that any man stuck with cleaning the toilet would rapidly convert to sitting while peeing...I did (disabled wife).

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:28:51 AM UTC-8, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 11/26/2013 11:04 AM, Thomas wrote:

On Monday, November 25, 2013 5:17:50 PM UTC-5, Rich Phallus wrote:

I sit down to whiz so I don't splatter all over the phucking

place. Obviously it makes it infinitely easier to keep the

toilet area clean as well.

I tried that once. That was some cold water.

I put one of those little electric heaters for tropical fish tanks in

the toilet tank, so the water in the bowl is pre-heated and never drops

below room temperature. Now if someone uses the john a few minutes

before you, well, I don't have a solution for that. Maybe a mixing

valve and a hot/cold feed? Have to think about this.

I wonder what the Japanese do? They have the creepy little robotic butt

squirters and all... nothing says "wake up" like barely-above-freezing

water on the starfish.

nate

What you need, pal, is a retiring room like the Sultans of Turkey had back in the Good Old Days. OK, it was still a one-holer I saw, but terminally luxurious. For butt-wiping, they had a rack with embroidered linen towels!!!!! I'd hate to be the laundry workers for that particular gig. Unless they threw them away after each use?
Shucks! Gotta go back and check on that--as soon as things quiet down over there

HB

Fitting a downstairs toliet - soil pipe run and toliet rat worries SR UK diy 10 May 28th 07 01:43 PM
toliet siphon too strong [email protected] UK diy 13 June 12th 06 11:00 PM
Toliet Flapper Problem Bill Home Repair 5 April 18th 06 11:28 PM
Toliet question Evon Home Repair 6 December 29th 04 06:05 PM
Toliet tank cracked D0nski Home Repair 4 September 2nd 04 02:14 AM