Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Default Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Gays

On May 24, 3:56*pm, Christopher A. Lee
wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 07:20:46 -0600, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net
wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must Scouts
change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Being queer is learned behaviour.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

South Park, the educational TV satire, did an excellent episode on the
Boy Scouts and featured a character named "Big Gay Al" as the scout
leader. *He was an excellent role model, the kids enjoyed learning
under his guidance, and the parents were happy that their kids were
being taught well and having fun. *Then the upper management discovered
that "Big Gay Al" is a homosexual, and so they kicked him out and
replaced him with a masochistic and apparently-straight man who started
taking pictures of the children.

The contrast was well presented, and it seems the main point South Park
made overall was that discriminating against homosexuality isn't a
tactic that solves or prevents problems.

I'm surprised you take such propaganda/drivel seriously.
It is an attempt to influence your mind.
Succeeded apparently.
But then Americans believe everything they see on TV/that comes from
Hollywood it seems.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

Why would they be? You seem to assume that atheists have beliefs. I'm
not certain which beliefs you think atheists have. Could you identify an
atheist belief and explain why any atheist would get upset if you
question it?

The belief is that there is no God. As to why, probably be same as
others because other people have the audacity to not believe what they
do. You my friend are serving nicely as the poster child.

I tend to think that people get upset when you question a belief that
has been arrived at without evidence or logic so the belief is
indefensible. Is that what you have in mind?

Your belief is no more provable (and only mildly more logical) than most
religious people. There is no evidence that God doesn't exist. But
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On 5/24/2013 9:44 AM, linuxgal wrote:
Tom McDonald wrote:

Nope. They already had that access. Now the rules will be more strictly
enforced, and that will mean fewer straight pedophiles in Scouting.

If you must have pedophiles in Scouting, you probably want nothing but
straight pedophiles, in the Boy Scouts where they have no girls to
diddle, and also in the Girl Scouts where they have no boys to diddle.

It's a bit of a conundrum, for me at least, what to call adult males who
have sex with adult women, not adult men, but diddle little boys and/or
girls.

'Homosexual' isn't quite right. Neither is, I'll grant you, 'straight'.
But I'm unsure what nomenclature to use when confronted with the fact
that the pedophiles I was aware of as a kid were all adult males with
wives and children, and who never, to my knowledge, engaged in sex with
other men.

AIUI, gay men are no more sexually attracted to young boys than straight
men are sexually attracted to young girls. That means that, of course,
some are; but I'm not aware of that happening at a significantly greater
rate with gays than with straights.

Sexuality is fascinating, and talking about it can be
frustrating--especially at times like in this discussion.

Or, of course, when one isn't getting any.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,
Tom McDonald wrote:

'Homosexual' isn't quite right. Neither is, I'll grant you, 'straight'.
But I'm unsure what nomenclature to use when confronted with the fact
that the pedophiles I was aware of as a kid were all adult males with
wives and children, and who never, to my knowledge, engaged in sex with
other men.

Pedophile works nicely and is gender and preference neutral.

the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:03:20 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article 20130524085800.9ccb25805b1616f6f676023d@fidemturb are.com,
Fidem TurbÄ?re, the non-existent atheist goddess
wrote:

Atheism is a state of nature. Theism is a choice that diverts from
natural human integrity, and those who abandon all "faith" have simply
"reverted" to atheism.

Atheism is a faith every bit as much as any other. It is not a state
of nature, what ever nebulousness that term means.

Yet another pig-ignorant, stupid, nasty lying theist.

Why are you bigoted morons incapable of grasping the fact that atheism
is no different than your own not believing in Santa Claus?

And atheists can be every bit as shrill and rock ribbed as any Southern
Baptist if you dare to question any of their beleifs.

What "beliefs" do atheists have that you are lying about, pathological
liar?
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote in alt.atheism:

In article 20130524085800.9ccb25805b1616f6f676023d@fidemturb are.com,
Fidem Turb?re, the non-existent atheist goddess
wrote:

Atheism is a state of nature. Theism is a choice that diverts from
natural human integrity, and those who abandon all "faith" have simply
"reverted" to atheism.

Atheism is a faith every bit as much as any other. It is not a state
of nature, what ever nebulousness that term means.

And atheists can be every bit as shrill and rock ribbed as any Southern
Baptist if you dare to question any of their beleifs.

Why would they be? You seem to assume that atheists have beliefs. I'm
not certain which beliefs you think atheists have. Could you identify an
atheist belief and explain why any atheist would get upset if you
question it?

It's just another pig-ignorant, nasty, bigoted, lying theist.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,
Christopher A. Lee wrote:

Yet another pig-ignorant, stupid, nasty lying theist.

Why are you bigoted morons incapable of grasping the fact that atheism
is no different than your own not believing in Santa Claus?

Well is certainly isn't your debating skills now is it?

And atheists can be every bit as shrill and rock ribbed as any Southern
Baptist if you dare to question any of their beleifs.

What "beliefs" do atheists have that you are lying about, pathological
liar?

The belief that there is no god. You can't prove it any more than the
other side can prove there is ONE.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must Scouts
change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Being queer is learned behaviour.

Don't generalize your experience to everyone.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

Why would they be? You seem to assume that atheists have beliefs. I'm
not certain which beliefs you think atheists have. Could you identify an
atheist belief and explain why any atheist would get upset if you
question it?

The belief is that there is no God.

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.

As to why, probably be same as
others because other people have the audacity to not believe what they
do. You my friend are serving nicely as the poster child.

How so? You misrepresent atheism, I correct you.

I tend to think that people get upset when you question a belief that
has been arrived at without evidence or logic so the belief is
indefensible. Is that what you have in mind?

Your belief is no more provable (and only mildly more logical) than most
religious people. There is no evidence that God doesn't exist. But

Let's go back to the valid definition of atheism, the lack of belief in
any gods. Where does that require evidence that any particular god does
not exist?

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:23:58 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Christopher A. Lee wrote:

Yet another pig-ignorant, stupid, nasty lying theist.

Why are you bigoted morons incapable of grasping the fact that atheism
is no different than your own not believing in Santa Claus?

Well is certainly isn't your debating skills now is it?

Such wit.

And atheists can be every bit as shrill and rock ribbed as any Southern
Baptist if you dare to question any of their beleifs.

What "beliefs" do atheists have that you are lying about, pathological
liar?

The belief that there is no god. You can't prove it any more than the
other side can prove there is ONE.

You do know that you have offered a strawman to attack, do you not?
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.

Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is
not believing.

Let's go back to the valid definition of atheism, the lack of belief in
any gods. Where does that require evidence that any particular god does
not exist?

How does it do anything but? YOu are saying there are no gods.
Lack of gods mean they don't exist or there would be a god or two
floating around. I did not say anything about a particular god (thus the
lower case "g" to keep my high school English teachers happy-grin).
Until you can prove that there are no gods to believe, atheism is just
the mirror image of theism (with their own brand of fundamentalism).
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:34:35 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.

Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is
not believing.

I do not believe in any gods. That does not imply that I assert that no
gods exist.

Let's go back to the valid definition of atheism, the lack of belief in
any gods. Where does that require evidence that any particular god does
not exist?

How does it do anything but? YOu are saying there are no gods.

No, I am saying I do not believe in any.

Lack of gods mean they don't exist or there would be a god or two
floating around. I did not say anything about a particular god (thus the
lower case "g" to keep my high school English teachers happy-grin).
Until you can prove that there are no gods to believe, atheism is just
the mirror image of theism (with their own brand of fundamentalism).

Repeating your claim does not make it true when your logic is not valid.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must
Scouts
change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Being queer is learned behaviour.

And you know this ... how?

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

The belief that there is no god. You can't prove it any more than the
other side can prove there is ONE.

You do know that you have offered a strawman to attack, do you not?

No I haven't, not all. It is a fundamental part of the issue. How can
you be so overwhelmingly sure that your essential unprovable belief (or
lack of belief if you want to go that route) is the one and only True
One yet you can't prove your lack of belief is any more right than the
other sides is? Especially since many want to say so vicerously and
stridently and with every bit as much as loud as those on the other side
proclaim their's?
You can no more prove your lack of belief is right and warranted
than the other side can their' is right and warranted.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:42:30 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

The belief that there is no god. You can't prove it any more than the
other side can prove there is ONE.

You do know that you have offered a strawman to attack, do you not?

No I haven't, not all. It is a fundamental part of the issue. How can
you be so overwhelmingly sure that your essential unprovable belief (or
lack of belief if you want to go that route) is the one and only True
One yet you can't prove your lack of belief is any more right than the
other sides is? Especially since many want to say so vicerously and
stridently and with every bit as much as loud as those on the other side
proclaim their's?

I have a lack of belief. That is all. You are trying to add something
else to the discussion. If you want to do so, you need to show me how
your claim applies.

You can no more prove your lack of belief is right and warranted
than the other side can their' is right and warranted.

I have no need to prove that I am right. I merely have to note that I do
not believe.

If you are curious why I don't believe in a specific god, I might be
able to enlighten you, but, as for all possible gods, all I can say is
that I do not consider believing in any until there is evidence for one
of them.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On May 24, 12:50*am, harry wrote:
On May 24, 5:36*am, Jeanne Douglas wrote:

In article ,
*Mitchell Holman nomailverizon.net wrote:

Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth
May 23 2013

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted
Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay
kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most
popular youth organizations, ditching membership
guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.
Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400
delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban,
BSA officials said. The final tally was 757 yes votes,
to 475 no.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...couts-vote-to-
lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

It's about ****ing time!

Next step is to allow atheists. Until that day, the Boy Scouts are still
a bigoted organization.

--

JD

It's so the perverts/paedos of America can get better access to
potential victims.

Isn't that what the churches are for?
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:34:35 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.

Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is
not believing.

I do not believe in any gods. That does not imply that I assert that no
gods exist.

So you want to have it both ways? Covering bases in case?
He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized
there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there
wasn't an afterlife. -Douglas Adams

Repeating your claim does not make it true when your logic is not valid.

Yet you seem to think your does.
The bottom line despite all of the semantics (including those of my
own) is that you have no way to prove that your lack of belief is any
more valid than any existing belief. Thus it is every bit as much of a
faith as any religion.
(actually from the view of the religious person it is probably a
braver one since if you are wrong you get to rot in whatever version of
hell is being used. If the religious person is wrong nothing happens and
he doesn't know about it after death.)
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

If you are curious why I don't believe in a specific god, I might be
able to enlighten you, but, as for all possible gods, all I can say is
that I do not consider believing in any until there is evidence for one
of them.

Yet those who do believe have ample evidence. Just evidence you don't
find convincing... given your beliefs.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Kurt Ullman wrote:
Yet those who do believe have ample evidence. Just evidence you don't
find convincing... given your beliefs.

Emotions such as hope or belief or faith are evidence of nothing.

Posted to alt.atheism, alt.religion.christian, sac.politics, alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article 1
Mitchell Holman nomailverizon.net wrote:

Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth
May 23 2013

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted
Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay
kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most
popular youth organizations, ditching membership
guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.
Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400
delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban,
BSA officials said. The final tally was 757 yes votes,
to 475 no.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...couts-vote-to-
lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

The delegates ignored the historical membership of the boyscouts
which opposed the action by a 2 to 1 margin.

Faggots should all be put to death.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:58:55 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:34:35 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.
Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is
not believing.

I do not believe in any gods. That does not imply that I assert that no
gods exist.

So you want to have it both ways? Covering bases in case?

No, no, just being consistent.

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized
there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there
wasn't an afterlife. -Douglas Adams

Repeating your claim does not make it true when your logic is not valid.

Yet you seem to think your does.

What claim, other than stating that I do not believe in any gods, do you
think I am making. My statement of nonbelief has no need of supporting
evidence.

The bottom line despite all of the semantics (including those of my
own) is that you have no way to prove that your lack of belief is any
more valid than any existing belief. Thus it is every bit as much of a
faith as any religion.

Where did you get this idea? You need to explain more clearly how you
arrive at this.

(actually from the view of the religious person it is probably a
braver one since if you are wrong you get to rot in whatever version of
hell is being used. If the religious person is wrong nothing happens and
he doesn't know about it after death.)

Afterlife doctrines are separate from doctrines about the existence of
gods.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 14:01:12 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

If you are curious why I don't believe in a specific god, I might be
able to enlighten you, but, as for all possible gods, all I can say is
that I do not consider believing in any until there is evidence for one
of them.

Yet those who do believe have ample evidence. Just evidence you don't
find convincing... given your beliefs.

Please present some of the evidence that you think exists for the
existence of gods.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must Scouts
change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Being queer is learned behaviour.

If being queer is learned behavior, then it follows that being straight
must also be learned behavior, since baby boys don't consistently get
erections when they are breast fed. So, Harry, please list the names of
all the men you considered to be potential sex partners but ultimately
rejected as you were learning to be straight.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Wall View Post
Faggots should all be put to death.
So, if you round up all the faggots in the world, and put them in a big sack and drown them in the river, does that mean that the next generation won't have any faggots? Nope, when heterosexual couples make babies, some of those babies are baby faggots!

Despite the fact that two homosexual men or two homosexual women can't reproduce, what you have there is a COMMON natural variation in the human species. Homosexuality has even been found to exist amongst animals.

You see, the game plan is, and always has been this: Mother Nature keeps creating diversity amongst all living things, and natural selection determines which of those changes it wants to keep. The result of all those small changes through history is called "Evolution", and it's what makes each species better suited to survive and prosper in the environment in which they live.

Homosexuality is just another example of natural diversity. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a step forward cuz two men or two women cannot reproduce, but it is, nonetheless, a normal part of that same overall game plan. It's just Mother Nature doing her thing.

Last edited by nestork : May 24th 13 at 09:18 PM

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.

Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is
not believing.

"I don't know" is a perfectly valid point of view and is quite different from "I
know there is a God" and from "I know there isn't a God".

-- Doug
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Tom McDonald wrote:

If religion, or lack thereof, is a matter of choice, as are many other
things, why should Scouts single out one religious belief (i.e. 'None')
for special disdain? The only relevant part of the Scout Law that could
conceivably come into play is the last Law, A Scout is Reverent. There
is nothing whatsoever keeping an atheist Scout or Scouter from being
reverent. Nothing at all.

There is also the Scout Oath: "On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to
God and my Country..."

An atheist could simply say that he knows of no God, so has no duty to it. But
right now, the Scouts see it differently.

Some of the whole discussion comes down to two different views of Scouting. Some
see it as largely a religious program like church camp. Lots of churches
sponsor troops. Others see it as primarily a secular program. Lots of troops
are sponsored by PTAs, Rotary Clubs, etc.

-- Doug
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On 5/24/2013 3:39 PM, Douglas Johnson wrote:
Tom McDonald wrote:

If religion, or lack thereof, is a matter of choice, as are many other
things, why should Scouts single out one religious belief (i.e. 'None')
for special disdain? The only relevant part of the Scout Law that could
conceivably come into play is the last Law, A Scout is Reverent. There
is nothing whatsoever keeping an atheist Scout or Scouter from being
reverent. Nothing at all.

There is also the Scout Oath: "On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to
God and my Country..."

Yes. I forgot that. D'oh!

An atheist could simply say that he knows of no God, so has no duty to it. But
right now, the Scouts see it differently.

Yup. I even tried to be a Scout as a Pantheist, and was told that didn't
count. Not sure if the person I was speaking to (a camp chaplain)
understood the concept. I finally relented and said I was what I grew up
as--an Episcopalian.

Some of the whole discussion comes down to two different views of Scouting. Some
see it as largely a religious program like church camp. Lots of churches
sponsor troops. Others see it as primarily a secular program. Lots of troops
are sponsored by PTAs, Rotary Clubs, etc.

Yup. Personally, I see it as a youth development program, with spiritual
and secular aspects. In my mind, spirituality isn't co-terminus with
religion or a belief in God or gods.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-scouts-vote-t
o- lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

It's about ****ing time!

Next step is to allow atheists. Until that day, the Boy Scouts are
still a bigoted organization.

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must
Scouts change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

The BSA is per se a religious institution
so I don't know how they could be forced to
accept atheists.

The BSA is not religious.
It was invented in the UK primarily to prepare boys for service in the
imperial British army though it has changed since then.

Baden Powell emphasized God throughout his writing including the promise and
the law

He also intend Scouting to develop good citizens from youth throught
activities and learning, teaching them to prefer service before self.

--
PV

In Pierre Trudeau, Canada has finally produced
a Prime Minister worthy of assassination.
- Irving Layton

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

linuxgal wrote:
PV wrote:
Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must
Scouts change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

They ought to change, they are not required to change. It's sort of
like those country clubs that only accept whites.

I have never seen a family denied membership from Scouting because they are
atheists. However I have witnessed atheists join and then demand the
removal of all references to God. Sorry but the organization has a
spirtiual aspect to it, if that does not fit your choices, too bad.

--
PV

In Pierre Trudeau, Canada has finally produced
a Prime Minister worthy of assassination.
- Irving Layton

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must
Scouts change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Yet another stupid, nasty, lying theist.

Did the moron "choose" not to believe in Santa Claus?

Well another educated response........not

Please explain where the lie is?

--
PV

In Pierre Trudeau, Canada has finally produced
a Prime Minister worthy of assassination.
- Irving Layton

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On May 24, 9:20*am, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must Scouts
change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Everyone is born an atheist until some get their mind filled with the
bull**** of religion. Religion is the choice to ignore reason in
deference to ancient fairy tales for the sole reason that a lot of
other people do with no justification whatsoever other than social
pressure.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

pongespob wrote:
On May 24, 9:20 am, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must
Scouts change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Everyone is born an atheist until some get their mind filled with the
bull**** of religion. Religion is the choice to ignore reason in
deference to ancient fairy tales for the sole reason that a lot of
other people do with no justification whatsoever other than social
pressure.

If that helps you sleep at night the run with it.

--
PV

In Pierre Trudeau, Canada has finally produced
a Prime Minister worthy of assassination.
- Irving Layton

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,sac.politics,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article
emailer.net,
"Rob Wall" wrote:

In article 1
Mitchell Holman nomailverizon.net wrote:

Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth
May 23 2013

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted
Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay
kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most
popular youth organizations, ditching membership
guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.
Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400
delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban,
BSA officials said. The final tally was 757 yes votes,
to 475 no.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...couts-vote-to-
lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

The delegates ignored the historical membership of the boyscouts
which opposed the action by a 2 to 1 margin.

Faggots should all be put to death.

Why?

--

JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article
,
harry wrote:

On May 24, 7:20*am, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,

*J wrote:
On Thu, 23 May 2013 21:38:11 -0500, Mitchell Holman
nomailverizon.net wrote:

Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth
May 23 2013

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted
Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay
kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most
popular youth organizations, ditching membership
guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.
Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400
delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban,
BSA officials said. The final tally was 757 yes votes,
to 475 no.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...couts-vote-to-
lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

This was voted upon by the BSA, not imposed by some judge with an
agenda. It is what it is, so be it.

What does this decision have to do with pedophilia?

Similar sorts of perverts.

Really? Are you really that ignorant?

--

JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,
Alfred E. Newman wrote:

On Thu, 23 May 2013 21:36:09 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:

[...]

Jeanne, why do you say they are still bigoted? Is it because you
weren't allowed to join because of what you have between your legs? Or
was it because of what you don't have between your ears?

I had the Girl Scouts available to me. A FAR better organization than
the Boy Scouts.

Sadly, our troop leader was a bitch who favored her daughter and her
buddies over the rest of the troop, so I dropped out as soon as I was
allowed.

--

JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article ,

Jeanne Douglas wrote:
[...]

Because the only reason to discriminate against atheists is bigotry.

--

JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must
Scouts change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Yet another stupid, nasty, lying theist.

Did the moron "choose" not to believe in Santa Claus?

Well another educated response........not

Please explain where the lie is?

A person cannot CHOOSE to believe or not believe.

If I ordered you to believe in leprechauns, could you do it?

--

JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

In article
,

wrote:

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must Scouts
change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Being queer is learned behaviour.

Educate yourself so you won't make such ignorant statements.

--

JD

"Osama Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive."--VP Joseph Biden
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Jeanne Douglas wrote:
[...]

And atheists, based on what we see here on this group, are far more
moral than theists.