Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Default Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Gays

On Sat, 25 May 2013 16:52:36 -0400, Ben Kaufman
wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 23:58:41 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 09:13:03 -0400, Ben Kaufman
wrote:

On Thu, 23 May 2013 21:50:24 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On May 24, 5:36*am, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,
*Mitchell Holman nomailverizon.net wrote:

Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth
May 23 2013

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted
Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay
kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most
popular youth organizations, ditching membership
guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.
Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400
delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban,
BSA officials said. The final tally was 757 yes votes,
to 475 no.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...couts-vote-to-
lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

It's about ****ing time!

Next step is to allow atheists. Until that day, the Boy Scouts are still
a bigoted organization.

--

JD

It's so the perverts/paedos of America can get better access to
potential victims.

It seems like they've had pretty good access under the homophobic rules.

...and it can only get better with those attracted to the only sex
that is in Scouts?

An openly gay "trusted member of the community" is not any more likely to be a
pedophile than any other "trusted member of the community."

Utter nonsense. The issue isn't "gay", rather sex. It has no
business in Boy Scouts, which is why they banned women from
leadership.

If you think about it, from your own response, a gay scoutmaster would have a
giant flag on his head, but the guy pretending to be heterosexual with a wife
and kids might get all the trust and access he needs.

You really are an idiot. He *was* married, and *had* children. He
*WAS* gay.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:
[...]

There's a perspective that is nearly impossible to argue against.

It's called the facts. You should try it some time.

Very nicely done.

To an idiot, even a dummy is smart.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 17:02:24 -0700, Fidem Turb?re, the non-existent
atheist goddess wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 22:29:05 -0700 (PDT)
harry wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Isn't that what the churches are for?

Yes but no stone is left unturned.
I wonder what monks wear under their habits?
Or do they go commando?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_commando

What? Like some kilt-wearing Scottish men are suspected of?

I'm sure you know by now.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 17:00:56 -0700, Fidem Turb?re, the non-existent
atheist goddess wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 00:01:11 -0400
wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 07:07:19 -0700, linuxgal
wrote:
Doug wrote:

Now taking to the next level, what do we do with transgenders
wanting to be in the boy scouts? That's where I have a problem
deciding.

"We" don't do anything, it's for the Boy Scouts to decide.

...and pay the consequences, either way.

Though watch, they will now be forced to allow queer adult leadership.

Do you mean "forced" by their democratic membership who voted 61% in
favour of it? Yeah, in that case I suppose you're correct.

I'm sure you're too stupid to have heard of "pressure groups". Idiot.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 16:52:13 -0700, Fidem Turb?re, the non-existent
atheist goddess wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 00:00:05 -0400
wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 07:11:07 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:
"Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess"
wrote in message
news:20130523234312.18c11ed8fac99ed2d628a706@fide mturbare.com...
On Thu, 23 May 2013 21:36:09 -0700
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,
Mitchell Holman nomailverizon.net wrote:

Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth
May 23 2013

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted
Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay
kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most
popular youth organizations, ditching membership
guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.
Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400
delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban,
BSA officials said. The final tally was 757 yes votes,
to 475 no.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...couts-vote-to-
lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

It's about ****ing time!

Next step is to allow atheists. Until that day, the Boy Scouts are
still a bigoted organization.

The fact that they had to take it to a vote seems strange to me,
but it's good to know that 39% of the upper echelon are still
anti-gay.

It's disappointing that people give as much respect to The Boy
Scouts as they do. The organization is defective and needs new
leadership that respects and embraces the personal freedoms of its
membership.

You always have the choice of joining and trying to change it
Alternately you can start something equivalent modified to meet your
standards.

We will see that happen now.

What's your prediction?

They go broke and fall to 1/4 their current size.

Always funny to see people come along and criticize a group of
people who join together for whatever reasons , that don't meet the
critics' standards.

Lefties *NEED* to control others.

You're confusing leftwing and rightwing politics.

No, I know an idiot lefty when I see one. You know, that Moron in
Chief who has the "most transparent government in history".

Idiot.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Tue, 28 May 2013 08:22:37 -0400, Ben Kaufman
wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 22:27:54 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Ben Kaufman" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 24 May 2013 22:34:11 -0500, "Attila Iskander"

wrote:

"Not X" wrote in message
On 05/24/2013 08:20 AM, PV wrote:

[snip]

Sexual orientation is not a choice, however atheism is, so why must
Scouts
change to accommodate those that choose atheism?

Atheism is simply the state of NOT being afflicted by a debilitating
condition. It is NOT a choice, the same way NOT having Alzheimer's
disease
isn't a choice.

You are not born atheist
It's a choice you make somewhere along the way.

Actually, you were born atheist. You didn't believe in any gods until an
adult
spoon fed it to you as the facts.

NOPE !
You were born a blank page
That means at best you were born agnostic.

Get yourself a dictionary and learn the meaning of words

Nope, you can't even be an agnostic until someone tries to make you believe that
gods are real. And of course, young children are vulnerable to this sort of
brain washing.

You're born caring whether there is a God? That means that there must
be a God. God, you're an idiot!

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 08:45:34 -0500, Free Lunch
wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 23:29:11 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
wrote in alt.atheism:

"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.
Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is
not believing.

Exactly.

What it is not is a belief that no god exists.

But that is EXACTLY the meaning of the word "atheist".
Maybe you should get a better dictionary.

Maybe you should ask atheists about it instead of inventing your own
(false) definition.

We always know when you're lying. You're keys are moving.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:37:07 -0500, Free Lunch
wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:20:51 -0400, wrote in alt.atheism:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:27:52 -0500, Free Lunch
wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

Why would they be? You seem to assume that atheists have beliefs. I'm
not certain which beliefs you think atheists have. Could you identify an
atheist belief and explain why any atheist would get upset if you
question it?

The belief is that there is no God.

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.

Which is the belief that there is no god.

No. "I do not know if there are any gods" is also a perfectly good
subset of "I do not believe in any gods."

You can repeat your nonsense as often as you want, but it's still
nonsense.

You believe it so strongly
that you *must* convert others, like any fervent theist. An agnostic
doesn't know (,does care, or doesn't care to argue the unprovable).

No, an agnostic says that it is impossible to know whether any gods
exist. It is a very strong statement about knowledge.

The strawman is your best argument.

As to why, probably be same as
others because other people have the audacity to not believe what they
do. You my friend are serving nicely as the poster child.

How so? You misrepresent atheism, I correct you.

Nope. He is not wrong. You can redefine words any way you want but
it doesn't help communication.

I am not the one doing the redefinition.

Bull****.

I tend to think that people get upset when you question a belief that
has been arrived at without evidence or logic so the belief is
indefensible. Is that what you have in mind?

Your belief is no more provable (and only mildly more logical) than most
religious people. There is no evidence that God doesn't exist. But

Let's go back to the valid definition of atheism, the lack of belief in
any gods. Where does that require evidence that any particular god does
not exist?

Perhaps you should take your own advice.

Are you done trying to redefine words to mislead others?

You're typing again.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:39:56 -0500, Free Lunch
wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:26:07 -0400, wrote in alt.atheism:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:42:30 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

The belief that there is no god. You can't prove it any more than the
other side can prove there is ONE.

You do know that you have offered a strawman to attack, do you not?

No I haven't, not all. It is a fundamental part of the issue. How can
you be so overwhelmingly sure that your essential unprovable belief (or
lack of belief if you want to go that route) is the one and only True
One yet you can't prove your lack of belief is any more right than the
other sides is? Especially since many want to say so vicerously and
stridently and with every bit as much as loud as those on the other side
proclaim their's?

Prezactly.

Except that you know that I never made a statement supporting an
essentially unprovable belief. I have stated only that I do not believe
in any gods.

You're typing again.

You can no more prove your lack of belief is right and warranted
than the other side can their' is right and warranted.

...and they're willing to shut the other side down to prove they're
right.

I have neither desire nor need to prove that my lack of belief is right.

You don't care if you're right. You want everyone to do what you say
anyway. You are a lefty, after all.

It is a state of being. Right or wrong is a meaningless assessment of
it.

You *don't* have a lack of belief. You believe the negative.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 23:10:31 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Tom McDonald" wrote in message
On 5/24/2013 8:20 AM, PV wrote:
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
[...]

If religion, or lack thereof, is a matter of choice, as are many other
things, why should Scouts single out one religious belief (i.e. 'None')
for special disdain? The only relevant part of the Scout Law that could
conceivably come into play is the last Law, A Scout is Reverent. There is
nothing whatsoever keeping an atheist Scout or Scouter from being
reverent. Nothing at all.

So why the disbarring of atheist boys and men from Scouting?

Which group has disbarred atheist boys and men ?

BSA. A belief in a superior being was central to their message (see:
Scout Oath). Many scouts just moved their lips but it was a
requirement, nonetheless.

Considering that most Scout groups are usually run though a church, it's no
surprise that most members are of that faith.

It's also true of those sponsored by public schools. This caused some
public schools to drop them some years back (fear of litigation).

I was involved with 2 scout groups in my life
One was run by the local Catholic Church, and thus was oriented to
Catholicism, since their Chaplain was Catholic and his church basement was
used.

Makes sense.

The other was organized through 2 churches of the same Ethnic group.
One Catholic, the other Protestant (Calvinist).
Since the Jewish Community was too small to have their own synagogue, the
Jewish Children had the choice of joining either the Catholic or Protestant
troop.

Why weren't the protestants and Catholics allowed to choose the group
they wanted to be members of?

A lot of activities alternated between the 2 Churches.
The Summer camp was held on property owned in common by the 2 Churches,
where the 2 Churches also held fund-raiser picnics during the summer months
During the Summer camp, the Catholic Priest and Calvinist Minister held a
common Sunday mass/service, And when a rabbi who spoke the language showed
up, he was always welcome to hold a Service on Saturday.
Attendance for the Scouts was mandatory for ALL services.

The Churches also used the same site for their fundraiser picnics, Just
about every member of the community irrespective of religious affiliation,
showed up
There was usually some really stiff competition between the ladies when it
came to traditional dishes.
There was also an annual Men's Picnic, where the men were responsible for
ALL the food, from appetizer to deserts. Typically the men's picnic were
very non-standard but traditional dishes, such as a spit roasted steer, or
wild goose hunter style. I clearly remember the year that the men went
hunting for moose, which was the main dish at the picnic
And the women were only allowed to enjoy being served and decide which
dishes would be the winners that year.
Over the span of 30+ years, this community was able to build 2 churches and
a synagogue, as well as a retirement home for their community.

So I just think back of the tolerance of that community for their members
and their
religious beliefs
And when I see the lack of tolerance shown by either theist or atheists, I
just have to shake my head.

True that!
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 10:46:34 -0500, Mitchell Holman
nomailverizon.net wrote:

wrote in news
On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:05:00 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...boy-scouts-vot
e-to- lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

It's about ****ing time!

Next step is to allow atheists. Until that day, the Boy Scouts are
still a bigoted organization.

--

JD

Jeanne, why do you say they are still bigoted? Is it because you
weren't allowed to join because of what you have between your legs?
Or was it because of what you don't have between your ears?

I had the Girl Scouts available to me. A FAR better organization than
the Boy Scouts.

Nonsense. If that's true, why are so many girls trying to get into
Boy Scouts?

Who says they are?

I wouldn't expect you to know anything that's going on around you.

Boy Scouts AND Girl Scouts are shrinking even
as the population of young teens is growing. They
are shrinking into irrelevancy.

....and you rejoice. Idiot.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 16:48:00 -0700, Fidem Turb?re, the non-existent
atheist goddess wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:33:27 -0400
wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:05:00 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Boy Scouts? Boy Scouts has a much larger and stronger organization,
with more programs, camps, and outings.

If girls really were trying to get into the Boy Scouts,

They are.

they'd most
likely be Catholic Girls coveting some new "experiences." If their
motives were purely to become Scouts, then your suggestion seems
ludicrous because there's another very similar organization which is
famously known as "Girl Scouts."

A poor imitation. But do pay attention (I know you're stupid, but
try). That's what the thread is about.

With regard to the Boy Scouts being a "stronger organization," that's
just a reflection of the behaviour exhibited by those who feel
threatened by homosexuality (even though a person's private sexual
encounters really are none of their business).

Idiot. Completely irrelevant and wrong (but that's to be expected).

Sadly, our troop leader was a bitch who favored her daughter and her
buddies over the rest of the troop, so I dropped out as soon as I
was allowed.

You learned well.

That's not a matter of learning, rather it's a matter of exercising
judgement based on values of fairness.

Being a bitch? You should know. You're hers.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Tue, 28 May 2013 11:02:35 -0400, wrote in alt.atheism:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:33:36 -0500, Free Lunch
wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:23:43 -0400,
wrote in alt.atheism:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 22:40:39 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
m...
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any gods.
Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is not believing.

"I don't know" is a perfectly valid point of view and is quite different from "I
know there is a God" and from "I know there isn't a God".

Agnosticism is a lack of belief

Agnosticism tells us that we cannot know if there is a god or not. The
question is inherently undecidable.

OK, it is *NOT* the non-belief.

I cannot tell if you understand what agnosticism is or not.

Atheism is a denial of belief there is no god

Atheism is the lack of belief in any gods. It makes no statement about
whether gods might exist.

Nonsense. It is the belief that there IS NO god. It is every much a
(unprovable) belief as that there IS a god. You even made this point
above.

No, I did not. You need to learn how to understand English or to stop
lying about what I said.

Some atheists may conclude that there are no gods because no evidence
supports any claims about any gods, but there is nothing inherent in
atheism that requires a blanket active denial of the existence of all
possible gods.

There is, of course, evidence that the god described by orthodox
Christianity does not and cannot exist as described.

Correct. Words mean things.

So please try to understand why he was not correct.

Please understand that you're *WRONG*. ...as always.

You have demonstrated that you are not competent to judge.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 16:37:55 -0700, Fidem Turb?re, the non-existent
atheist goddess wrote:

On Sat, 25 May 2013 13:30:57 -0400
wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 22:51:50 -0700, Fidem Turb?re, the non-existent
atheist goddess wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 00:11:43 -0400
wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 07:46:52 -0700, linuxgal
wrote:
Tom McDonald wrote:

It's a start. I think a good start. But it's ultimately doomed
to either be expanded to allow gay leaders, or to go back to not
allowing openly gay youth as Scouts. As it stands, a gay young
man can be a great Scout until he turns 18, at which point he
is, what, not a great Scout?

I don't think so. Getting Eagle Scout, they can't take it away
from you, anymore than they could take away Bubba's status as a
Rhodes Scholar.

They can (at least for now) disallow you from being a scout
leader. I think they just screwed that pooch, though.

They're probably not ready to vote for beastiality practitioners yet.

I'd give you the dumb poster of the day award but the competition has
been too tough this week to give it out so early.

Your ad hominem attack doesn't help your position.

Facts sometimes hurt but they are still the facts.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
om...
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any gods.
Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is not believing.

"I don't know" is a perfectly valid point of view and is quite different from "I
know there is a God" and from "I know there isn't a God".

Agnosticism is a lack of belief

Agnosticism tells us that we cannot know if there is a god or not. The
question is inherently undecidable.

OK, it is *NOT* the non-belief.

I cannot tell if you understand what agnosticism is or not.

Of course you can't. You're too STUPID!

Bull****. You're lying again.

Some atheists may conclude that there are no gods because no evidence
supports any claims about any gods, but there is nothing inherent in
atheism that requires a blanket active denial of the existence of all
possible gods.

You're clearly clueless.

There is, of course, evidence that the god described by orthodox
Christianity does not and cannot exist as described.

Please provide such evidence. First, define all terms used.

Correct. Words mean things.

So please try to understand why he was not correct.

Please understand that you're *WRONG*. ...as always.

You have demonstrated that you are not competent to judge.

You've demonstrated that you're barely able to breathe. Idiot.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Tue, 28 May 2013 16:56:29 -0400, wrote in alt.atheism:

On Tue, 28 May 2013 12:28:22 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 5/28/2013 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:57:09 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

wrote:
Doug wrote:

Now taking to the next level, what do we do with transgenders
wanting to be in the boy scouts? That's where I have a problem
deciding.

"We" don't do anything, it's for the Boy Scouts to decide.

...and pay the consequences, either way.

Though watch, they will now be forced to allow queer adult leadership.

Do you mean "forced" by their democratic membership who voted 61% in
favour of it? Yeah, in that case I suppose you're correct.

I'm sure you're too stupid to have heard of "pressure groups". Idiot.

Like me, a straight, male Eagle Scout? Like that?

I'm sure you think a lot of yourself but you're really dumber than a
stump, like all lefties. Idiot!

Interesting, then, that I can follow a discussion and contribute to it
while you can't.

Lies are *not* contributions, Dumb****, anymore that taxes are
investment.

Taxes may be used to make investments. Capital investments exist in both
the public and private sector.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Tue, 28 May 2013 15:58:02 -0500, Free Lunch
wrote:

On Tue, 28 May 2013 16:56:29 -0400, wrote in alt.atheism:

On Tue, 28 May 2013 12:28:22 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 5/28/2013 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:57:09 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

wrote:
Doug wrote:

[...]

Taxes *IMPEDE* investments. For *every* dime the government spends on
such things the private sector cannot spend two. You really are a
dumb****.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote in alt.atheism:

On Tue, 28 May 2013 12:28:22 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 5/28/2013 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:57:09 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

wrote:
Doug wrote:

[...]

Not nearly as ignorant as you are. Do learn some economics. Do not learn
fake economics from Beck or Limbaugh.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote in alt.atheism:

On Tue, 28 May 2013 12:28:22 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 5/28/2013 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:57:09 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

wrote:
Doug wrote:

[...]

Right there you prove how incredibly stupid you are.

Do learn some economics. Do not learn
fake economics from Beck or Limbaugh.

Good Lord, you're stupid. Unspeakably stupid!
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote in alt.atheism:

On Tue, 28 May 2013 12:28:22 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 5/28/2013 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:57:09 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

wrote:
Doug wrote:

[...]

Yet you are the one who thinks we can have a successful economy without
public infrastructure investments.

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote in alt.atheism:

On Tue, 28 May 2013 12:28:22 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 5/28/2013 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:57:09 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

wrote:
Doug wrote:

[...]

You're the one who's so full of straw he can't ****.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote in alt.atheism:

On Tue, 28 May 2013 12:28:22 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

On 5/28/2013 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2013 09:57:09 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

wrote:
Doug wrote:

[...]

Best example to the contrary: the interstate system, built
by the state using tax funds.

On average, U.S industries realized production and
distribution cost savings averaging 24 cents annually for
each dollar invested in the non-local road system
constructed with tax dollars.

During the 1950s, highway network investments contribution
to annual productivity growth was 31 percent; it averaged 25
percent in the 60s; by the 1980s, it contributed 7 percent
to US productivity growth in the 1980s.

At a local level, there ae directly observable and provable
benefits:

- Wisconsin I-43 CorridorL: manufacturing employment
increased by about 30% in corridor counties.
- Virginia I-81 Corridor: there was about an 18% increase in
manufacturing employment between 1971 and 2000 in the
corridor.
- I-16 (Laurens County Georgia between Savannah and Macon):
40% increase in population and 100% increase in employment
between 1969 and 2002 was observed. The area developed as
major logistics and warehousing center.

By directing traffic away from local road networks,
congestion can be eased and travel time savings can be made,
amounting to as much as $2 for every $1 in tax dollars
invested.

Another benefit is the restructuring of logistics practices
V i.e., from push to pull and to JIT logistics practices V
that resulted from investment in the Interstate System. On
average, the industrial rates of return from logistics
restructuring are within the range of 14 to 64 percent V
substantially higher than conventional benefits.
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:05:00 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Can you prove that?

they'd most
likely be Catholic Girls coveting some new "experiences." If their
motives were purely to become Scouts, then your suggestion seems
ludicrous because there's another very similar organization which is
famously known as "Girl Scouts."

A poor imitation. But do pay attention (I know you're stupid, but
try). That's what the thread is about.

Your fallacious ad hominem attack doesn't help your position.

With regard to the Boy Scouts being a "stronger organization," that's
just a reflection of the behaviour exhibited by those who feel
threatened by homosexuality (even though a person's private sexual
encounters really are none of their business).

Idiot.

Your unsubstantiated ad hominem attack doesn't help your position.

Completely irrelevant and wrong (but that's to be expected).

It is relevant because a fear of homosexuality has been a serious
hinderance to the reputation of the Boy Scouts as an organization.

Additionally, I contend that I am correct with regards to a person's
private sexual encounters being a matter that doesn't concern the Boy
Scouts, and I disagree with you that the inverse is expected.

Sadly, our troop leader was a bitch who favored her daughter and
her buddies over the rest of the troop, so I dropped out as soon
as I was allowed.

You learned well.

That's not a matter of learning, rather it's a matter of exercising
judgement based on values of fairness.

Being a bitch? You should know. You're hers.

Your fallacious ad hominem attack confirms that you feel threatened and
angered, most likely because you know that you're wrong. If you didn't
feel intimidated by your error, the need to respond ad hominem would be
non-existent (that last word is meaningful to me).

Do you feel intimidated when other people exercise judgement based on
values of fairness because it's not consistent with the various
religious delusions that many people suffer from?

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Those most in need of education are the most fearful of its effects."
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

nomailverizon.net wrote:
wrote in
news
On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:05:00 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Your expectations are not a problem for atheists, so long as you're not
trying to impose your values on others.

Boy Scouts AND Girl Scouts are shrinking even
as the population of young teens is growing. They
are shrinking into irrelevancy.

...and you rejoice.

Actually, the elimination of organizations that are founded on
discriminatory ideals is of tremendous benefit to the psychological
health of modern societies.

Idiot.

Your fallacious ad hominem attack doesn't help your position, and it
provides and indication of anger and frustration on your part which I
hope you won't express as violence against any people or animals.

I recommend you go outside and walk around your neighbourhood for 10
minutes to cool down before you continue. The reason is that people
who get angry in the manner you've exhibited are at risk of "snapping,"
which can have long-lasting or permanent effects on one's character.

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
% % is offline

nomailverizon.net wrote:
wrote in
news On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:05:00 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

how nice of you to try to impose your values on others

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

Default Prediction -- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Gays

Jeanne Douglas wrote:
[...]

I'll accept your prediction if you can put a date on it (or a
reasonable date range, e.g., within the next 5 years).

Always funny to see people come along and criticize a group of
people who join together for whatever reasons , that don't meet
the critics' standards.

Lefties *NEED* to control others.

You're confusing leftwing and rightwing politics.

No, I know an idiot lefty when I see one. You know, that Moron in
Chief who has the "most transparent government in history".

Who? Chairman Mao?

Idiot.

Your unsubstantiated ad hominem attack does not help your position.

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:
[...]

Are you implying that the women were distracting some of the young Boy
Scouts as they were going through puberty and becoming more aware of
their natural sexuality? If the Boy Scouts, as an organization which
espouses ideals such as self-discipline, can't handle a little dose of
reality, then apparently the problem is much more serious than it first
appeared on the surface.

If you think about it, from your own response, a gay scoutmaster
would have a giant flag on his head, but the guy pretending to be
heterosexual with a wife and kids might get all the trust and access
he needs.

You really are an idiot.

Your fallacious ad hominem attack doesn't help your position.

He *was* married, and *had* children. He *WAS* gay.

So by your implication, he and his husband must have adopted and/or had
a surrogate mother to have children? That's wonderful, particularly if
they adopted because there are so many kids without parents these days.

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"As the Catholic church becomes more and more tolerant, some day they
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
% % is offline

Jeanne Douglas wrote:
[...]

but i suppose yours does

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Sat, 25 May 2013 23:43:43 -0700
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article 20130525232535.25cca3d6a8d8426384af6b87@fidemturb are.com,
Fidem TurbÄ_re, the non-existent atheist goddess
wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 19:13:28 -0700
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,
Brother Love wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:02:46 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
In article
,
harry wrote:
On May 24, 7:20�am, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
In article ,
�J wrote:
On Thu, 23 May 2013 21:38:11 -0500, Mitchell Holman
nomailverizon.net wrote:

Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth
May 23 2013

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted
Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay
kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most
popular youth organizations, ditching membership
guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.
Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400
delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban,
BSA officials said. The final tally was 757 yes votes,
to 475 no.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...boy-scouts-vot
e-to
-
lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

This was voted upon by the BSA, not imposed by some judge
with an agenda. It is what it is, so be it.

What does this decision have to do with pedophilia?

Similar sorts of perverts.

Really? Are you really that ignorant?

Did you really score over 700 on your SATs?

Yep.

708 on the verbal, 727 on the math, 664 on English Comp, 656 on
Biology, and 575 on French.

And that was before they dumbed down the SATs.

Based on how you write, and what you write about, I would have
expected you to have scored higher. What happened? Were there
distractions during the test?

Paul Newman was on The Tonight Show that Friday night, so I only got
4 hours of sleep before taking all 5 tests.

Make sure you buy his sauces at the grocery store -- he donates a lot
of money to excellent social and community causes, as I understand it.

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
% % is offline

wrote:
[...]

no its because the women would scream when they saw a spider

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
% % is offline

wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 19:13:28 -0700
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,
Brother Love wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:02:46 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
In article
,
harry wrote:
On May 24, 7:20�am, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
nomailverizon.net wrote:

[...]

like the churches

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 19:13:28 -0700
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,
Brother Love wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:02:46 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
In article
,
harry wrote:
On May 24, 7:20�am, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
nomailverizon.net wrote:

[...]

....except that Church donations often have a lot of strings attached,
like torturing starving people with Bible Study sessions before feeding
them. This is why I like to promote secular charities -- they don't
wasting valuable resources on some delusion-based religious agenda.

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
% % is offline

wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 19:13:28 -0700
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
In article ,
Brother Love wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:02:46 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
In article
,
harry wrote:
On May 24, 7:20�am, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
nomailverizon.net wrote:

[...]

i was just saying what he donates to you called them great causes

Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

nomailverizon.net wrote:
wrote in
news On Fri, 24 May 2013 20:05:00 -0700, Jeanne Douglas
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I wasn't trying to be nice. In what manner do you believe I was
"imposing," and which "values" are you referring to?

By the way, you won't snap as easily because you're passive-aggressive.

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"It's morally right, and I have a bag full of morals -- I hide them
Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,sac.politics,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality

On Fri, 24 May 2013 22:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
harry wrote:
On May 24, 7:33*pm, "Rob Wall" wrote:
In article 1
Mitchell Holman nomailverizon.net wrote:

Boy Scouts vote to lift ban on gay youth
May 23 2013

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The Boy Scouts of America voted
Thursday to end its controversial policy banning gay
kids and teens from joining one of the nation's most
popular youth organizations, ditching membership
guidelines that had roiled the group in recent years.
Over 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,400
delegates from across the country voted to lift the ban,
BSA officials said. The final tally was 757 yes votes,
to 475 no.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...couts-vote-to-
lift-ban-on-gay-youth?lite

The delegates ignored the historical membership of the boyscouts
which opposed the action by a 2 to 1 margin.

Faggots should all be put to death.

How do you like living in that closet?

We need a pill to cure them. But their deviant behaviour should not be
encouraged.

Cure them from what? Do they have a disease?

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Ah, an agnostic. Let us know when the fence starts hurting your ass."