Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
Free Lunch Free Lunch is offline

Default Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Gays

On Fri, 24 May 2013 13:42:30 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote in alt.atheism:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

The belief that there is no god. You can't prove it any more than the
other side can prove there is ONE.

You do know that you have offered a strawman to attack, do you not?

No I haven't, not all. It is a fundamental part of the issue. How can
you be so overwhelmingly sure that your essential unprovable belief (or
lack of belief if you want to go that route) is the one and only True
One yet you can't prove your lack of belief is any more right than the
other sides is? Especially since many want to say so vicerously and
stridently and with every bit as much as loud as those on the other side
proclaim their's?

I have a lack of belief. That is all. You are trying to add something
else to the discussion. If you want to do so, you need to show me how
your claim applies.

You can no more prove your lack of belief is right and warranted
than the other side can their' is right and warranted.

I have no need to prove that I am right. I merely have to note that I do
not believe.

If you are curious why I don't believe in a specific god, I might be
able to enlighten you, but, as for all possible gods, all I can say is
that I do not consider believing in any until there is evidence for one
of them.