Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shoot through the door

Yes, and reloading is much less expensive.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dean Hoffman" " wrote in message

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Sure, they are caged in this little machine and we turn them loose on
demand, under the lights.

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 23:29:12 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 20:13:13 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 21:00:30 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

Sure, they are caged in this little machine and we turn them loose on
demand, under the lights.

A real sportsman would use a bow. :-)

See Rufus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0

Wow. He doesn't seem to aim.
This guy isn't bad either:
http://tinyurl.com/bjg3bdz

I had no idea anyone could actually do this.

Nice video. I've seen gator's killed with one shot in the eye with a
Ruger 10/22. Knocked the top part of the skull off with HP mag rounds.
This was at night with a light. The eye was red, about the size of a
quarter, maybe 30 yards. Same gun you could shoot a deer in the left
ear at 40 yards.

I knew a woman who bagged a black bear with a 10/22. One shot, right
between the eyes (head hanging in the den). She used a little bigger
artillery (3030) to get her polar bear rug, though.

My BIL was in front of me one day. Walking on a cow path, back to the
truck. I had a bow --

He jumped more feet in the air that I had seen before. Came down
firing the 10/22. Shot a rattlesnake in tenderloins. The next day he
found out the snake did strike his boot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Shotgun ban.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2013/03/0...ndard-shotgun/

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

We went to a gun show today. Showed up at 9:30 and there were several
hundred people (line stretched 4-500') standing in line outside in the
cold. OK, it was 35F but that's damned cold here. We went back in
the afternoon when it was more sane but it was pretty picked over (did
score three gun rugs for $12).

I did not think there would be anything worth while to go to a gun show now.
Most likely any gun, magazine, or ammo worth having has already been sold.
If anyting is left, it is probably way over priced.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 23:51:38 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

We went to a gun show today. Showed up at 9:30 and there were several
hundred people (line stretched 4-500') standing in line outside in the
cold. OK, it was 35F but that's damned cold here. We went back in
the afternoon when it was more sane but it was pretty picked over (did
score three gun rugs for $12).

I did not think there would be anything worth while to go to a gun show now.
Most likely any gun, magazine, or ammo worth having has already been sold.
If anyting is left, it is probably way over priced.

Exactly. Most of what was interesting was *way* overpriced. It's
still a day out playing with toys (went to a few woodworking stores,
too).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:47:07 -0600, "HeyBub"

Yesterdday CBS news showed a video that Feinstein played
at the hearings showing the weapons that the libs want to ban.
It featured an obviously fully automatic rifle going full speed, with
Feinstein saying in the background "This weapon is legal today......"

Which of course is a gross distortion and not what the
core of the gun debate about "assault weapons" is
even about. No such weapon was used in any of the
shootings. Just another lib lie, repeated with relish by
the lib media.

Since the 1934 Gun Control Act, which regulated fully-automatic weapons,
there has been exactly ONE crime committed with an automtic weapon.

And that crime was undertaken by a police officer who scored his weapon
from
his police department's weapons locker.

North Hollywood shootout:

NOPE
NOT LEGALLY REGISTERED machine guns.

- Phillips and Matasareanu are believed to have robbed two other
banks using virtually identical methods by taking control of the
entire bank and firing automatic weapons for control and entry past
'bullet-proof' security doors,

- Phillips and Matasareanu carried illegally modified fully automatic
AKMs and an HK-91 rifle with high capacity drum magazines and
ammunition capable of penetrating police body armor. They also wore
body armor of their own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

Of bourse these were modified to automatic and not taken from LEO.

Not legally obtained either through a class III FFL..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
On 2/28/2013 4:53 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Frank wrote:

With secret service living/renting a guest house on his property in
Chateau Country you probably can't get within a half mile of his
house.
It would also be illegal to fire a shot out the door, as well as it
would be illegal to shoot someone outside the house. Castle doctrine
only allows you to shoot an intruder inside.

Not so. "Castle Doctrine" or no, you are allowed to use deadly force in
defense of yourself. It could be "up close and personal" as was the
claimed
case of Trevon Martin or it could be some distance away.

If my assailant is standing ACROSS THE STREET and taking pot-shots at me,
have an absolute right to shoot back (assuming other facts not in
evidence).

If, to zero in on your scenario, the malefactor is chopping on my front
door
with an axe and screaming "I'm gonna cut off your head ! I'll teach you
trample my petunias!" It would be not only legal, but meritorious, to
shoot
through the door.

Inside, outside, might make a difference in the "reasonable man" test,
but
is irrelevant as far as the law is concerned.

Right but people that get in trouble for example are the guy that shot
someone stealing his motorcycle outside going away from him. Police said
since he was not threatened he should not have been shot. I've heard
people told candidly by cops that if they shoot someone outside to drag
him inside.

Nonsense.
Most States have laws allowing the use of deadly force to stop a criminal
getting away while committing a felony.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 3, 7:48*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:34:22 -0600, "Attila Iskander"

wrote:
Most States have laws allowing the use of deadly force to stop a criminal
getting away while committing a felony.

Maybe Texas but far from "most states".
In fact most states do not allow deadly force unless there is imminent
threat of bodily harm, some even qualify that to say you must have no
ability to run away, even inside your house. (I know a guy in Md who
did hard time for it)
If you shoot someone running away in a "blue" state, you are going to
jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200

Correct. Even the police are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons in
most states unless there is a very good reson to do so, the act of
fleeing in and of itself is not sufficient.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02-27-2013 23:08, Oren wrote:
This testimony today, in the Senate, is worth a read. In WW I, the
Germans wanted shotguns banned on the battle field. Shotguns were
against the rules of war or it was claimed...

The notion that war is some sort of civilized GAME that must be played
according to rules is really stupid.

There can't be a war unless at least one side is NOT being civilized.

--
Wes Groleau

€śIdeas are more powerful than guns,
We would not let our enemies have guns;
why should we let them have ideas?€ť
€” Jozef Stalin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 9:43*am, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:18:52 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Feb 27, 7:50*pm, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
* * So sez Vice President Biden. *That will scare people away from the
house. *http://tinyurl.com/d993qt2
* *He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years
ago. *http://tinyurl.com/cnn37bc
* "Daves not here"

Umm...no. He did not say anything about shooting through a door. *He
said to step out on the balcony and fire two shots in the air.

Dear Harry (anal about facts) K

...an interview with Field & Stream magazine

"“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15,
because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the
shotgun through the door.”

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/2013/02/gun-control-joe-b...

Those pesky "facts" LOL

Ah but that was _after_ the initial stupidity. He took the
opportunity to prove that he can be even stupider.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

This is how the progressive liberal mind works.

Bingo!

Be careful. They change colors like a chameleon. Much like a convict.
Just when you get them figured out, they change right in front of you.
Be diligent, I say.

That's not the "progressive liberal mind"
It's the political mind of any kind.

--
Wes Groleau

€śIf it wasn't for that blasted back-hoe,
a hundred of us could be working with shovels€ť
€śYeah, and if it weren't for our shovels,
a thousand of us could be working with spoons."

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you have good lighting, is it night?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Attila Iskander" wrote in message

Is it legal to hunt skeet at night?

With good lighting, ABSOLUTELY.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Most States have laws allowing the use of deadly force to stop a criminal
getting away while committing a felony.

Maybe Texas but far from "most states".
In fact most states do not allow deadly force unless there is imminent
threat of bodily harm, some even qualify that to say you must have no
ability to run away, even inside your house. (I know a guy in Md who
did hard time for it)
If you shoot someone running away in a "blue" state, you are going to
jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200

I'm so sorry that you don't read what was written.
Running away is not the same as running away while committing a felony.
Eg running away with a stolen gun or anything that's worth more than (usual)
$50.

Stopping a crime being committed is generally covered by "deadly force"
laws.
And the reason most states have such a provision is to cover for the police
when they actually shoot a perp "running away" if they believe he has or
still is committing a felony
It just happens that such laws are NOT exclusive to LEOs, and they apply to
citizens as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

#
# Correct. Even the police are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons in
# most states unless there is a very good reson to do so, the act of
# fleeing in and of itself is not sufficient.

What is wrong with your reading skills
Notice the "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY " at the end of the sentence ?
Or was that phrase too complex for you two ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Did you not notice that you mentioned shooting someone running away?

They are not allowed to shoot even "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY" except
to preserve life.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Attila Iskander wrote:

I'm so sorry that you don't read what was written.
Running away is not the same as running away while committing a
felony. Eg running away with a stolen gun or anything that's worth more
than
(usual) $50.

Stopping a crime being committed is generally covered by "deadly
force" laws.
And the reason most states have such a provision is to cover for the
police when they actually shoot a perp "running away" if they believe
he has or still is committing a felony
It just happens that such laws are NOT exclusive to LEOs, and they
apply to citizens as well.

It works like this:

"The alleged perp was running away, but he stopped and pointed what I
believed to be a weapon in my direction. In fear of my life, I discharged my
service pistol. While the bullet was in flight, the perp turned around to
continue his escape..."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And as I pointed out above, you are wrong. Police are NOT allowed to
shoot "fleeing felons" unless there is a very good reason to do so.
CLUE for the CLUELESS - there are lots of grades of felonies and damn
few of them would justfy being shot at while fleeing.

Yes, I see that my original post was to fgretw, not you. So why did
you step in there and then prove my point of your wrongness in the

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It really depends on the jurisdiction they're in and whether or not
their boss will back them up. Of course there's always the throw down
gun some cops carry. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:09:13 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

"“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15,
because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the
shotgun through the door.”

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/2013/02/gun-control-joe-b...

Those pesky "facts" LOL

Ah but that was _after_ the initial stupidity. He took the
opportunity to prove that he can be even stupider.

Harry K

Well it had to happened. Somebody took Biden's advice and got
arrested.

"A 22-year-old Virginia man has been charged with firing a shotgun
through the door of his house on the same day that Vice President Joe
Biden said that if “you want to keep someone away from your house,
just fire the shotgun through the door.”

[...]

"...He then grabbed his shotgun and fired several shots through his
closed bedroom door, toward the window."

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Biden-shotgun-advice-arrested/2013/03/01/id/492759#ixzz2MaoAMrae
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:05:15 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

Even the police are not allowed to shoot fleeing felons in
most states unless there is a very good reson to do so, the act of
fleeing in and of itself is not sufficient.

Harry K

I'm only familiar with one LEO agency that can shoot an unarmed
fleeing felons, running away. That is the federal prison system. Many
years ago there had to be a verbal command to halt and then one
warning shot before an escape could be shot. That changed over the
years. No verbal command or warning shot. Shoot 'em dead. No matter
is they are armed or not. Walking or running.

Before the policy changes there was an unwritten rule - shoot all your
ammo.

In those days even the FBI could not shoot a fleeing felon in the
back. We had a LEO here shoot a teenager in the back as he ran away.
The officer was cleared. Don't know specifics, maybe the kid was
wearing "felony shoes" and looked dangerous.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 09:24:23 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

It works like this:

"The alleged perp was running away, but he stopped and pointed what I
believed to be a weapon in my direction. In fear of my life, I discharged my
service pistol. While the bullet was in flight, the perp turned around to
continue his escape..."

LOL

Never let facts interfere with the writing of a good report.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:53:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Did you not notice that you mentioned shooting someone running away?

They are not allowed to shoot even "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY" except
to preserve life.

Harry K

It really depends on the jurisdiction they're in and whether or not
their boss will back them up. Of course there's always the throw down
gun some cops carry. O_o

TDD

In my city a gun it not required for a throw down. The officer
writes; the subject made a "furtive move".

1.secretive: done in a way that is intended to escape notice

2.shifty: presenting the appearance, or giving the impression, of
somebody who has something to hide

Cops will shoot you dead, here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 00:07:40 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 02-27-2013 23:08, Oren wrote:
This testimony today, in the Senate, is worth a read. In WW I, the
Germans wanted shotguns banned on the battle field. Shotguns were
against the rules of war or it was claimed...

The notion that war is some sort of civilized GAME that must be played
according to rules is really stupid.

No, it really isn't. The presumption is that one day the war will end
and we will have to live with each other again. It's best to leave
war on the battlefield and not make it too ugly for the general
population. The Japanese didn't follow these prescriptions and have
been suffering, economically, since WWII. Even if Americans have a
"short" memory, the Chinese and Koreans don't.

There can't be a war unless at least one side is NOT being civilized.

What is your definition of "it"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Attila Iskander wrote:

[...]

That may work in Texas but you are getting arrested in any North East
state. A $250,000 lawyer bill may get you off but that is quite a fine
for shooting a guy who stole your wallet. If you shot the guy square
in the back, $250k might not get you off.

There is are *very* good reasons I moved out of the NE.

As a reference, even in Florida Zimmerman has paid over $200,000 in
legal fees and he hasn't even been to trial yet ... on a case that
the state is going to lose.

Yes, someone should be disbarred for that one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Did you not notice that you mentioned shooting someone running away?

They are not allowed to shoot even "WHILE COMMITTING A FELONY" except
to preserve life.

Harry K

It really depends on the jurisdiction they're in and whether or not
their boss will back them up. Of course there's always the throw down
gun some cops carry. O_o

TDD

In my city a gun it not required for a throw down. The officer
writes; the subject made a "furtive move".

1.secretive: done in a way that is intended to escape notice

2.shifty: presenting the appearance, or giving the impression, of
somebody who has something to hide

Cops will shoot you dead, here.

I had a cop brag to me about how easy it was to kill someone and get
away with it. Me, I just avoid trouble and don't make a scene in any
confrontation with law enforcement. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 07:25:23 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

And as I pointed out above, you are wrong. Police are NOT allowed to
shoot "fleeing felons" unless there is a very good reason to do so.
CLUE for the CLUELESS - there are lots of grades of felonies and damn
few of them would justfy being shot at while fleeing.

Here is clue. Cops do not stand there to check what level of felony
was just committed. Got a law that shows the this distinction as to
when a fleeing felon can be shot and when he cannot be shot?

.... call out to the fleeing felon and ask if he is a minor?

Federal laws did prevent an escaped "youthful offender" from being
shot. A person aged 18, crime committed as a minor, serving time in
adult prisons.The Federal Youth Corrections Act (YCA).

"Federal Youth Corrections Act was enacted to provide a system for the
treatment and rehabilitation of youth offenders, to improve the
administration of criminal justice, and for other purposes. The Act
was repealed in 1984. [18 USCS § 5005]."

http://definitions.uslegal.com/f/federal-youth-corrections-act/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 02-27-2013 23:08, Oren wrote:
This testimony today, in the Senate, is worth a read. In WW I, the
Germans wanted shotguns banned on the battle field. Shotguns were
against the rules of war or it was claimed...

The notion that war is some sort of civilized GAME that must be played
according to rules is really stupid.

The testimony in my link gets to the same point about gun control. An
AR-15 cannot be more dangerous than a shotgun. Yet because of
cosmetics hair-burners want them banned. Banning guns is not
civilized.

All wars are fought because of the penis. Except for Maggy. She
started a war.

There can't be a war unless at least one side is NOT being civilized.

Like the guys wearing explosive vets - NOT in uniform? Those guys?

--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" -- Greg Gutfeld
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 00:54:15 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

This is how the progressive liberal mind works.

Bingo!

Be careful. They change colors like a chameleon. Much like a convict.
Just when you get them figured out, they change right in front of you.
Be diligent, I say.

That's not the "progressive liberal mind"
It's the political mind of any kind.

It is the liberal mind. I don't change my mind for the most part.

Politicians ought not, tell folks to shoot through the door. The
liberal political mind. They try to get away from "progressive" masks
they wear.

You know the kind.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wes Groleau wrote:
On 02-27-2013 23:08, Oren wrote:
This testimony today, in the Senate, is worth a read. In WW I, the
Germans wanted shotguns banned on the battle field. Shotguns were
against the rules of war or it was claimed...

The notion that war is some sort of civilized GAME that must be played
according to rules is really stupid.

There can't be a war unless at least one side is NOT being civilized.

Not so. There are the "customary rules of war" to be violated at your peril.
The Nazis abused the Soviet "sub-humans" and got paid back in spades.

Before you shoot cats.... Gunner Metalworking 169 March 12th 13 06:15 PM
It's NOT okay to shoot gerbils HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 8 July 11th 09 10:28 PM
How to shoot foam into this gap. Aaron Fude Home Repair 8 January 18th 09 12:42 AM
oh shoot Grant Erwin Metalworking 42 September 30th 05 03:14 AM
Shoot me if I ever try to turn for a living. Lazarus Long Woodturning 1 March 30th 04 09:40 AM